CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 24-11-2008 11:37 AM

Unlucky Rob, we were all cheering the Chargers on.

Anyway:
Quote:

Most everyone around the National Football League knows how much of a pain in the butt Joey Porter can be. Normally, he saves such behavior for his opponents, whether it be before, during, or after the games. It's usually quite funny, even if it's sometimes completely irrational.

On Sunday, the NFL's current sack-leader proved that he can be quite a handful for his own team, as well his opponents. The Dolphins linebacker refused to leave the field when Tony Sparano, his head coach, tried to bench him following an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the fourth quarter, as reported by Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.

Sparano, foolishly it appears, sent backup linebacker Charlie Anderson into the game, who was quickly sent back to the bench by Porter who was, presumably, still looking for blood on the field. After all, he had just been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness on back-to-back plays. He still had work to do, you know?

I'm guessing such a blatant act of disrespect would have worked on Cam Cameron, who was obviously scared to death of Porter like a miniature horse is scared of one of Porter's pit bulls. However, I'm not sure how well it's going to fly with Sparano, or, perhaps more importantly, the big guy upstairs. And by big guy upstairs, I'm obviously talking about Bill Parcells.

Prior to the first meeting with New England this season, Porter sounded off on how preparing for Matt Cassel wouldn't be all that difficult since, you know, he's no Tom Brady. At the time, Porter's words proved to be quite accurate as the Dolphins embarrassed New England on its home field. This time around, Cassel played like he was Brady, as the Patriots beat Miami like a drum, both literally and figuratively.
And I am expecting 1 games suspensions for both Crowder and Light. One for instigating and pussying out, and one for reacting and winning the fight

elliott 24-11-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Unlucky Rob, we were all cheering the Chargers on.

Anyway:

And I am expecting 1 games suspensions for both Crowder and Light. One for instigating and pussying out, and one for reacting and winning the fight

light certainly will...

i don't really see how crowder contributed to the fight. it all seemed pretty one way to me.

Swanny32 24-11-2008 12:36 PM

What a shocking afternoon for the Eagles, fortunately I missed the game on Sky as I was taking part in a family dinner that I couldn't get out of. Really disappointed when I switched over with a couple of minutes to go to see us getting steam rolled.

What the hell is going on in Philly??!! It's starting to become embarrassing! The Ravens are a great side, don't get me wrong. I wasn't looking forward to playing them but we should have at least made it a bit challenging for them! Read the stats on the game and looks like Kolb picked up some passes, anyone know why/how? Did McNabb get hit by an asteroid and blow into a million pieces by any chance?

The draft can't come quick enough for us, really it can't. We play in the toughest division in the NFL and should be feared by all other teams when we come to town, instead, it's getting to the point where teams look forward to playing us as it's almost a guaranteed win!

McNabb and Reid can do one!

elliott 24-11-2008 12:48 PM

mcnabb got taken out didnt he?

ardeo 24-11-2008 12:56 PM

I watched the last quarter, until the last TD anyway.

McNabb got benched for being rubbish, Kolb came in and was rubbish, except for one drive until he threw the interception for 106 yard return TD.

Ravens defence was all over Philly, but the offence was miserable and has been misfiring for a few weeks.

We've run out of ideas and confidence, and only have thrashings from Giants, Cowboys and redskins to look forward to :sob:

Swanny32 24-11-2008 12:57 PM

Dunno, didn't watch it and the reports I have read just say that Kolb took his place in 2nd half, not sure why though. Surely this has got to be the beginning of the end for both him and Reid.

Swanny32 24-11-2008 01:00 PM

I was really hoping Kolb would be our saviour if he was ever used this season, but from the looks of it we'd do better having me at QB! We'll have to limit the damage caused this season and hope for some good picks in the draft to stand any chance of being better next season.

Benzhiyi 24-11-2008 01:16 PM

This would be my only complaint about Sunday:

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/fo...rd/posts/26082

Dierdorf was spectacularly wrong. It was a bullshit call. Not that it changed anything.

Other than that I'm still really, really proud today. Let's face it: that game in Foxborough was an aberration. A beautiful one, but an aberration nonetheless. I knew Sunday was going to be tough, because despite how far the Phins have come they were still going up against a side who went 16-0 a year ago, and who've handed us our asses numerous times over the last few years. I don't think we're shit, as Elliott suggests, but I do think we're still a long way behind the Pats, even with their injury troubles.

And we got beat, fair and square, but like I posted last night it was a brilliant football match. Totally gripping offense from both sides for the first three quarters, and amazing to see us hang toe-to-toe with a team who were 42-7 up at half time in the corresponding fixture last year. I can only hold my hands up and say that the NE coaches gameplanned perfectly, and Matt Cassel had a career day. He's really warming up. I'm not sure he'll do it as a starter elsewhere just yet, but Belichick and McDaniels have tweaked the system for him and he's beginning to shine in that offense, particularly with checkdown options like Welker and Faulk. Having said that Penny, Camarillo, Bess and at times Ginn did us proud offensively, and I remain delighted to see us headed in the right direction.

Looking at the schedules, there's still plenty of twists to come too. It's gonna be a fun five weeks!

saxoneagle 24-11-2008 02:10 PM

I think Ginn will end up being a big player in this league. Strange draft choice, I admit, but he will surprise.

Funk Butter 24-11-2008 03:41 PM

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apph...741d109ec3.jpg
HAHA! Jackass. I don't think that cooler is gonna fit there.

AddiscombeEagle 24-11-2008 03:51 PM

Kolb constructed a great drive in the fourth but then was picked when only inches from the line. Crazy decision to throw, was still only on second down.

ardeo 24-11-2008 04:02 PM

and 6 inches :rolleyes:

Benzhiyi 24-11-2008 07:24 PM

Camarillo done for the year, perhaps longer. Just like Ronnie in '07, seriously injured on a turnover against the Pats.

Sucks for him having just bagged a deserved pay day and three year deal. And for us - Play-off look even more unlikely now. Looks like Bess to start and Wilford to begin earning some of his mega wage against St Louis on Sunday.

saxoneagle 24-11-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Camarillo done for the year, perhaps longer. Just like Ronnie in '07, seriously injured on a turnover against the Pats.

Sucks for him having just bagged a deserved pay day and three year deal. And for us - Play-off look even more unlikely now. Looks like Bess to start and Wilford to begin earning some of his mega wage against St Louis on Sunday.

Doesn't suck for him too much - would be worse if he hadn't just signed the new deal...

pauldrulez 24-11-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

I knew Sunday was going to be tough, because despite how far the Phins have come they were still going up against a side who went 16-0 a year ago

I know you mention the injuries, but we were a side who were on 6-4 like the Dolphins, in your division and with Joey Porter running his gob off. But I think the offense done us proud as did the Phins offense.

Quote:

Matt Cassel had a career day. He's really warming up. I'm not sure he'll do it as a starter elsewhere just yet, but Belichick and McDaniels have tweaked the system for him and he's beginning to shine in that offense, particularly with checkdown options like Welker and Faulk.

I do disagree here though. He has done it two weeks in a row now.

And he has improved since they threw the playbook open for him to make the longer throws to Moss and Gaffney as well as the lob passes to Moss in the end zone.

What cost you most and as always when I post it may sound stupid, was Porters comments before and after the Week 3 thrashing and before this weeks matchup. The one Patriots defender that played very well was Big Vince. He was the guy that took the Porter comments personally both in and out of the press and in his interviews. And for me he is one guy I wouldn't want to upset. When he drew the guy offside by shifting laterally (the weight probably caused an earthquake as he moved:D), it just looked amateurish especially as he was the Center.

And my final comment is, Randy Moss.

Against the Jets he was double and triple covered throughout the game and Cassel only attempted to throw to him when he was single covered or when he threw his hand up for the long bomb. Belichick called him the Patriot MVP of the game or words to that effect.

This week, Randy said after the match he felt "insulted" by the single coverage he had on most plays and therefore saw more of the ball and had an excellent game with 3 TDs. I think that next week will be a comedown against the Steelers but its no real surprise as they are a huge defensive force although I dont think their offence will be if major effect although that may backfire on me.

Good luck to the Phins, the Jets can be caught yet by both Pats and Phins and if only the Chargers had done their job yesterday, the Colts would be a game back from us.

Latvian Eagle 24-11-2008 08:56 PM

We were awful last night! :(

And Steve Smith couldn't catch for s**t either!

pauldrulez 24-11-2008 08:56 PM

And now I have read the quote, it was pass interference by both.

Goodman had his arm in an armbar for s sake, Moss pushed back. At worst the penalties cancel out and its a Touchdown.

And the stupidest thing I have seen on here is that Light caused it, hit him and Crowder done nothing.

Crowder chop-blocked him at the end of the play. Light has had one serious knee injury already. Crowder took a swing and got the shit hit out of him. He is a pure miaow. Sure we'll lose Light for a game at least, but Mark LeVoir can partially make up for it after his early season performances but not enough against the blitz-heavy Steelers.

elliott 24-11-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And now I have read the quote, it was pass interference by both.

Goodman had his arm in an armbar for ••••s sake, Moss pushed back. At worst the penalties cancel out and its a Touchdown.

And the stupidest thing I have seen on here is that Light caused it, hit him and Crowder done nothing.

Crowder chop-blocked him at the end of the play. Light has had one serious knee injury already. Crowder took a swing and got the shit hit out of him. He is a pure miaow. Sure we'll lose Light for a game at least, but Mark LeVoir can partially make up for it after his early season performances but not enough against the blitz-heavy Steelers.

frankly your a dick.

if you think that's a chop block, well your just wrong... do you even know what a chop block is???

i don't see what crowder even did wrong. everyone just got tangled up and light then beat the shit out of him. i didn't even see crowder take a swing.

http://ballhype.com/video/matt_light...wl_patriots_v/

Latvian Eagle 24-11-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
frankly your a dick.

if you think that's a chop block, well your just wrong... do you even know what a chop block is???

i don't see what crowder even did wrong. everyone just got tangled up and light then beat the shit out of him. i didn't even see crowder take a swing.

http://ballhype.com/video/matt_light...wl_patriots_v/

Got to agree with Elliott Paul...

When I saw the replays last night I couldn't figure out what Crowder had actually done wrong! He went face to face with Light, but you see that all the time in the NFL. Certainly didn't see him swing.

Your opinion is so unbelievably over biased towards the Pats! :hmph:

pauldrulez 24-11-2008 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Frankly, you are obviously going to have a different opinion.

Your punk bitch players who think they are hard with their wise cracks at Light and Mankins in the huddle that Wilfork has already come out and said on the radio today what they were.

Joey Porter, such a big man. Where was he for the fight, possibly lying on the bench crying with his words shoved firmly up his arse?

I dont know if you saw the previous play either, but as Cassel was lying extended in the pile, the same Crowder stuck a knee in his helmet, and I am in the process of trying to get a replay of this up.

And judging from what they had been saying earlier in the game, Crowder was lucky he didnt get smacked one earlier. I guess the picture after 3 seconds where Crowder has gone low and Light grabs him is obviously missable.