CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 21-12-2008 05:38 PM

http://www.instacam.com/showcam.asp?id=FXBRG&size=S

:lux:

pauldrulez 21-12-2008 08:47 PM

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...angelsmall.gif

Funk Butter 21-12-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlmatthews
Come on Atlanta. Please, please, please, please come on Atlanta!

You're in trouble praying for a Falcons win. Are you a Bears fan then?

Grim Reaper 21-12-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

Lots of unhappy AFC East fans today.

This has been a disastrous 24 hours for the Jets.

Pats blowing out Arizona as I predicted earlier this week on this thread. The Ravens shocker has really kicked the AFC East in the balls.

The strange thing is, it doesn't matter what Miami do this week from the Jets standpoint, as the Jets have to beat them next week, regardless of what else happens. Yet for Miami, they have to win tonight because of the New England threat.

Looking forward to seeing whether Big Blue can halt the slide. Bizarre how they were a lock for No.1 seed and now might not even get a bye.

Grim Reaper 21-12-2008 09:38 PM

Stuck a fiver on San Diego at 120 for the Superbowl the other day. Highly entertaining game in progress with Tampa right now. The dream's still alive for the time being - needing a Denver loss though later on. Probably asking a lot but we'll see. Will be an awesome finish to season if they play Denver next week knowing that a win will get them to the play offs

jlmatthews 21-12-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
You're in trouble praying for a Falcons win. Are you a Bears fan then?

Yep :p

For money purposes... also praying for a Fins win by at least 4!

Benzhiyi 21-12-2008 09:40 PM

I was delighted the Ravens won. (And what a game it was, by the way.)

Why? Because realistically the only way the Phins were/are ever going to reach the Play-offs is with two wins. I fully expect the Pats to win their final pair, meaning the only way of keeping them out was/is two B'more victories. One down, one to go... :)

Grim Reaper 21-12-2008 09:42 PM

It wasn't that long ago Cleveland and Cincy has something like 100 points between them in a match. Today's game looks like the most boring of all time.

jlmatthews 21-12-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
It wasn't that long ago Cleveland and Cincy has something like 100 points between them in a match. Today's game looks like the most boring of all time.

Last year's game was amazing!

Grim Reaper 21-12-2008 09:47 PM

Awesome effort from Philip Rivers who must be scratching his head wondering how he's not in the Pro Bowl.

5 of the 6 QBs who've played AT Tampa this year have had a QB rating of 60 or less.. Rivers is currently on 136.7.

Rivers has an average rating this year of over 100 yet made the Pro Bowl last year with a rating of 88

jlmatthews 21-12-2008 09:47 PM

The fantasy football commercial that's been on today makes me laugh every time.

Grim Reaper 21-12-2008 09:50 PM

Those blasted Dumphins are on the march

Grim Reaper 21-12-2008 09:55 PM

Actually, my inate dislike of Miami needs to be put to one side. If Jets and Miami both win today, does that mean New England are OUT.....barring a Pats win and Miami and NYJ tying next week?

Grim Reaper 21-12-2008 10:03 PM

Miami take the lead

Cough cough Hooray Cough cough

Got that was painful to write.

saxoneagle 21-12-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Also Saxon, if the Jags win next week. We only need to win out.

I know - but you said we are relying on THREE teams but we are not. We have THREE options, but if just two of those three happen, and we win out, we'll be in.

Sorry to be a pedant.

Funk Butter 21-12-2008 10:09 PM

I need a Miami loss to move up in the money my suicide pool. Stupid Chiefs.

Atlanta has gone from looking at the possibility of going 11-5 and not making the playoffs to clinching a playoff spot with a win today. Strange 24 hours.

saxoneagle 21-12-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Actually, my inate dislike of Miami needs to be put to one side. If Jets and Miami both win today, does that mean New England are OUT.....barring a Pats win and Miami and NYJ tying next week?

No, but we'd need the Jags to beat the Ravens next week so we got the wildcard spot.

Benzhiyi 21-12-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

If the Ravens win then yes, Pats are done. :lux: :lux: :lux:

Funk Butter 21-12-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
I need a Miami loss to move up in the money my suicide pool. Stupid Chiefs.

Well, that's out the window, now I desperately need a Houston loss. Actually, that will really boost my payout. (provided I can win next week) Denver losing will be good too.

Benzhiyi 21-12-2008 10:13 PM

Argh! I jinxed it! Ricky fumble!!!!!!