CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
"I'd like to speak to NBC in New York please. Do you want to show the Broncos-Chargers game during prime time? Hello... hello... I think they've hung up."

BTW what idiot devalued the petition by asking for them to keep everything they currently show AND add Lacrosse? :eek:

Just for you :)

Quote:

NEW YORK -- The Denver Broncos and San Diego Chargers will play for the AFC West title in prime time.

Next Sunday's game between the rivals in San Diego has been moved from 4:15 p.m. ET to 8:15 p.m. and will be televised by NBC as part of the NFL's flexible scheduling.

The Broncos blew an early 13-point lead and lost to the Buffalo Bills 30-23 on Sunday in the second-coldest game in Denver's history. It set up an all-or-nothing game against the Chargers for the division title and a playoff berth after San Diego routed the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 41-24 earlier in the day.

The Broncos (8-7) led the Chargers (7-8) by three games with three to go but now face the possibility of having led the AFC West by themselves from opening weekend through Christmas and missing the playoffs.

Flex scheduling was instituted with the new television contract in 2005 to allow more attractive games to be switched to prime time in the last two months of the season.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Strathclyde Eagle 22-12-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
Awesome effort from Philip Rivers who must be scratching his head wondering how he's not in the Pro Bowl.

Because when the results of the vote were announced his team was 6-8? QBs - rightly or wrongly - are partly judged based on their team's record.

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 10:48 AM

And Grim can blame his own Quarterback for Rivers not getting in and believe it or not, rumours are Favre wont go anyway. The NFL should just tell him to piss off.

Rivers should tell the probowl committee to do the anatomically impossible if they come to him as First Reserve and ask him.

Pennington is 2nd reserve at QB ;)

Strathclyde Eagle 22-12-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And, I have never watched Five's coverage. I saw 5 minutes a few weeks back and thought it looked average. Am I wrong?

I enjoy it. I just rarely see it because I have to work the next day and also I rarely Sky+ it because the Mrs and I don't normally have 18% free on our box.

Although now the flaming dancing has finished that might change. :lux:

nookiebear 22-12-2008 11:08 AM

Morning everyone

Enjoy yesterday's games? Who'd have thought with one game to go the Pats might be missing out and the Fish going through. Great stuff. I'm rooting for them and the Falcons now the Skins are out

Enjoyed the SKins game last night. Offense still lacking but that defense is a beast. I think it's a shame that Portis and the Skins D won't get a chance to shine in the play-offs but there's too many faults elsewhere in the team and we don't deserve to be there.

Zorn must be screaming about those defeats against the Rams and Bungels

AddiscombeEagle 22-12-2008 11:23 AM

Impressed with the Falcons yesterday, but how many fumbles were there???? Peterson looked liked he couldn’t hold onto anything last night. Shocker.

Benzhiyi 22-12-2008 12:04 PM

Stupid Jets.

:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

Benzhiyi 22-12-2008 12:13 PM

Strath, Elliott, all I can say to you right now is:

PRINTSCREENPRINTSCREENPRINTSCREENPRINTSCREENPRINTS CREEN!

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf

Even if we don't make it next week, this surely ranks as the greatest turnaround in the history of the NFL. And by that I don't mean Paul's 'history' (i.e. since 2002)*, I mean EVER.

*Sorry fella. Couldn't resist. ;)

Strathclyde Eagle 22-12-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Strath, Elliott, all I can say to you right now is:

PRINTSCREENPRINTSCREENPRINTSCREENPRINTSCREENPRINTS CREEN!

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf

We've got all week. :D

AddiscombeEagle 22-12-2008 12:24 PM

Have the Cowboys now got there destiny back in their own hands?

elliott 22-12-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Normally with these positions, I decide to ruin them by throwing in a famous name, so if you see Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Brett Favre, you know who it is ;)

And, I have never watched Five's coverage. I saw 5 minutes a few weeks back and thought it looked average. Am I wrong?

You'd probably be quite right. It depends on what you look for in coverage.

With Five, you get a friendly, unpolished program, as if your watching football with your mates. It's banter-central, crap jokes galore, but there's a serious side in that Carlson knows more about football than anyone else in this country.

It's perfect for anyone who's never seen the sport before, but also really enjoyable for anyone who knows a lot.

It's just really enjoyable to watch since both guys (and also many of the other presenters) are really nice guys.

I don't like Sky, it's too polished and dull. With Five, it's as if they are in the room with you.

jazman 22-12-2008 01:50 PM

Wow. What a weekend. A what a season this is turning out to be. Any team that gets to the play offs can win the Superbowl in my mind. It's a complete lottery.

And damn, the Cowboys still have a chance of a play off place if we beat the Eagles. It's all in our own hands! Tough at that though but another chance all the same ...

I love this game! :lux:

PS. Paul, thanks for the FFL stuffing. I know what a turkey feels like at this time of year :D

RDSdaEAGLE 22-12-2008 03:37 PM

Delighted by yesterday's result. Was great to see Mike Shanahan squirm like a little bitch when his team failed to win.

I just hope we can get just retribution for the way we lost to the Broncos at Mile High earlier this season. It's all in our hands now :p :lux:

ardeo 22-12-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
Enjoyed the SKins game last night. Offense still lacking but that defense is a beast. I think it's a shame that Portis and the Skins D won't get a chance to shine in the play-offs but there's too many faults elsewhere in the team and we don't deserve to be there.

Your defence has completly dominated Eagles offence in both games, our defence came up pretty big yesterday considering field position. At the end of the day the deciding factor was the forced fumble, no other turnovers. Still 7 dropped catches doesn't help a struggling offence.

All the NFC East teams this year have been good, but struggled at times. I'm hoping after you screwed out playoff chances (pretty much) we can do the same to Cowboys next week :p

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
You'd probably be quite right. It depends on what you look for in coverage.

With Five, you get a friendly, unpolished program, as if your watching football with your mates. It's banter-central, crap jokes galore, but there's a serious side in that Carlson knows more about football than anyone else in this country.

It's perfect for anyone who's never seen the sport before, but also really enjoyable for anyone who knows a lot.

It's just really enjoyable to watch since both guys (and also many of the other presenters) are really nice guys.

I don't like Sky, it's too polished and dull. With Five, it's as if they are in the room with you.

Fair enough, I should probably have watched it. Tbh, its hard enough to watch the match at 2:30am and take it all in so if its back, i'll tape a lot of it.

Jets game and Ravens game moved to 4:15ET next week. Thanks Goodell you asshole.

AddiscombeEagle 22-12-2008 05:37 PM

So will they be the nine pm games on Sky?

If, so that is fantastic news.

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 06:02 PM

Dunno about that yet, but I would imagine so.

It means that if the Pats win, the Jags have their customary start of being 10 points down after 1 quarter, the Jets roll over and die.

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 06:06 PM

And unfortunately, the Ravens aren't on.

6pm – New England @ Buffalo
6pm – New York Giants @ Minnesota or Carolina @ New Orleans – Sky will take the first game IF the Bears keep the NFC North division race alive tonight by beating the Packers
9pm – Miami @ New York Jets
9pm – Dallas @ Philadelphia
SNF – Denver @ San Diego

Jay_eagle 22-12-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Wow. What a weekend. A what a season this is turning out to be. Any team that gets to the play offs can win the Superbowl in my mind. It's a complete lottery.

And damn, the Cowboys still have a chance of a play off place if we beat the Eagles. It's all in our own hands! Tough at that though but another chance all the same ...

I love this game! :lux:

PS. Paul, thanks for the FFL stuffing. I know what a turkey feels like at this time of year :D

well Jazman looks like our boys are still in it! was a shame to lose the last ever game at the texas staduim but we need to stuff Mcflabb and the eagles. No easy task but Romo needs to play the game of his life as he normally bottles it in big games, good passes and we need the rushing game to step up. If the defense can play like we did against the Giants we will have no problem. The 3 Musketters can do it! I have faith! but still rather nervous roll on......

saxoneagle 22-12-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Dunno about that yet, but I would imagine so.

It means that if the Pats win, the Jags have their customary start of being 10 points down after 1 quarter, the Jets roll over and die.

You're ********.