CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 06:17 PM

Watch and see then.

Jets fan Goodell and his minions will probably organise a swimming pool for the Dolphins to swim around in during the game.

saxoneagle 22-12-2008 06:32 PM

Mangini is probably playing for his job.

And while Jets fans don't like the Pats, most of the players have little affiliation to the team they play for.

And to claim Goddell made the scheduling changes because he hates the Pats is, as I previously said, ********. In truth, I think you do the power and weight of the TV networks a severe discredit by even suggesting Goddell even had a say in it!

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 06:41 PM

I dont.

He has final say on it. In the UK, football matches have to be played at the same time on the last week.

We should be playing at the same time as them.

I wouldnt care if we were the same time but not on Sky but it isn't fair.

And the way Mangina had been with the Pats recently, it wouldn't shock me to see him do it.

But, for me its will they let Pennington get to the playoffs ahead of another team.

btw. Have you seen the video of the NFL officials celebrating with the Jets in the Gillette tunnel earlier in the year. And then another official comes in and shouts "I told you" as the first two officials drag themselves out of view of the camera.

saxoneagle 22-12-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I dont.

He has final say on it. In the UK, football matches have to be played at the same time on the last week.

We should be playing at the same time as them.

I wouldnt care if we were the same time but not on Sky but it isn't fair.

And the way Mangina had been with the Pats recently, it wouldn't shock me to see him do it.

But, for me its will they let Pennington get to the playoffs ahead of another team.

btw. Have you seen the video of the NFL officials celebrating with the Jets in the Gillette tunnel earlier in the year. And then another official comes in and shouts "I told you" as the first two officials drag themselves out of view of the camera.

He has final say on it? You really think he would over-rule the networks? PMSL!

And they have always done the scheduling this way, they have always had at least 3 kick-off times for matches for as long as I can remember. They haven't all of a sudden changed the rules this year just so "Jets fan" Goddell gets to piss them off. Whatever happens on Sunday, I know you will be back on here bitching about it.

Paul, leave your conspiracy theories at home where they belong.

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 07:03 PM

Yes, they need 1, 4, 8.30 games every week.

1: Pats and Jets games.
4: Baltimore and Dallas games
8.30: AFC West game

saxoneagle 22-12-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Yes, they need 1, 4, 8.30 games every week.

1: Pats and Jets games.
4: Baltimore and Dallas games
8.30: AFC West game

But which games will pull in the biggest audiences? And you logic is flawed, if you think the Pats and Jets games should be the same time then so should the Ravens.

The fact is, there will be 4 games for me to watch on TV here. Of the matches that are on, there are not that many with play-off implications for all involved so it is obvious they aren't going to put three play-off deciding matches at the same time when there is one major TV slot. They NEVER have, Paul.

Cle v Pit Nothing to play for
Tn v Ind Nothing to play for
NE v BufJac v Bal
KC v Cin Nothing
Mia v NYJ
Oak v TB TB need help from Philly to get WC
Dal v Phi
NYG v Min
Might be nothing if GB win tonight
Chi v Hou Might be nothing if GB win tonight
StL v Atl Atlanta could still win the division and get a bye but they have such an easy matchup
Det v GB Nothing
Car v NO Car need to win to secure bye
Den v SD winner takes all
Was v SF Nothing
Sea v AZ Nothing

Underlined most likely to be televised.

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 07:43 PM

I've already said the 4 that are certainties to be televised over here and the other game is between 2.

But the Ravens game is not being shown.

If the Pats and Jets game were shown early, then both the winning teams (if Jets win) will be watching the Baltimore game for victory.

Benzhiyi 22-12-2008 11:10 PM

I'd wager that most neutral fans will want to watch both the Pats AND the Jets-Fins game given how exciting the possibilities are.

That's why this decision has been made and it's probably commendable, because whatever happens in the first game the second will still mean something.

Fins vs Jets followed by Pats vs Bills wouldn't have made sense a Fins win would make the Pats-Bills pretty much meaningless (and down to what Baltimore do).

Pats vs Bills first, however, means that the second game will matter whatever New England does. Should they win, the Phins have to win to take the division. Should they lose, it's a straight shootout between Miami and New York for the title.

It's perhaps the most last day exciting scenario the NFL has had for years, Paul, and you're moaning about them capitalising on it? Take a step back and see what everyone else can.

pauldrulez 22-12-2008 11:46 PM

Fair enough, but if the Jets game was on first and the Jets won. The Pats game still means something.

If the Phins won it still means something as the Ravens are playing.

You can bet your life if the Jets go 10-0 up, but the Ravens are 16-0 up, and the score suddenly drops to 17-10 to the Dolphins. There will be some big questions to be answered.

Not saying its going to happen or that its likely to.

But anyway, we need to win our match first.

Benzhiyi 23-12-2008 12:11 AM

There is NO CHANCE of the Jets throwing the game.

None.

You're being crazy paranoid!!

Latvian Eagle 23-12-2008 12:35 AM

Paranoid Paul the Patriots Fan! :hi:

Go Ravens & Dolphins! :lux:

elliott 23-12-2008 02:02 AM

I'm not even getting into this argument. I think everyone else has said pretty much what I would say.

And Paul, they've never ever scheduled games at the same time on the last week. I thought it was odd when I first realised, but I've got used to it now.

Benzhiyi 23-12-2008 12:26 PM

Just watched the Bears game on Sky Plus. WOW!

AddiscombeEagle 23-12-2008 12:51 PM

Yeah, watched the last quarter before work. Great finish, there was about three of them that could have blocked it, great push.

For some reason I really don’t warm towards Arron Rodgers and I can’t quite put my finger on why that is.

jazman 23-12-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_eagle
well Jazman looks like our boys are still in it! was a shame to lose the last ever game at the texas staduim but we need to stuff Mcflabb and the eagles. No easy task but Romo needs to play the game of his life as he normally bottles it in big games, good passes and we need the rushing game to step up. If the defense can play like we did against the Giants we will have no problem. The 3 Musketters can do it! I have faith! but still rather nervous roll on......

Agree completely. We've had more lives this season that a damn cat! :D And I'm with you on the nervous front. What a way to end a great week with so many massive games being played on Sunday night ...

And Paul, deal with it. The Pats have had it good for many seasons now you just can't get used to the fact that may not make the play offs. If you do then fair play. If you don't then enjoy the post season as a neutral as I will do even if the Cowboys don't make it. I agree what others have said here, the Jets won't throw a game.

AddiscombeEagle 23-12-2008 01:39 PM

I hope the Pat's don't make the play offs for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, they will be a strong team and a big threat, secondly, I think it is a great story if the Dolphins make it.

All in all, this Sunday could be a great evenings entertainment whoever you support. Will have to be nice to the wife over Christmas so she doesn't want the tv that night.

Latvian Eagle 23-12-2008 11:27 PM

Can the Eagles still make the Play offs if they beat Dallas?! :confused:

Strathclyde Eagle 24-12-2008 12:51 AM

There's only one wild card spot left. From what I can see if they win and Chicago lose they're in.

elliott 24-12-2008 12:52 AM

sit down!!!

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.ph...=ckb0O&u=Gk3oq

Strathclyde Eagle 24-12-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

That was so bad that even the hitting monster that was Deion Sanders ;) was embarrassed by that.