CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

saxoneagle 24-12-2008 02:52 PM

Happy Christmas to all my fellow NFL'ers :)

AddiscombeEagle 24-12-2008 06:12 PM

Happy Christmas to you all and your families, thanks for teaching me so much this year about my now favourite sport.

BLUE BOY 24-12-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE BOY
Jets wont lose to Seattle, the entire O line for the Seahawks is now on IR so all the back ups are in, they even have a player from the practise squad playing at LT this week, so the Jets could rack up a few sacks this weekend. :hmph:

Shows what i know, either that or the Jets are a piss poor pass rushing team!

Latvian Eagle 24-12-2008 10:27 PM

I told you Seahawks would down the Jets didn't I!? :lux:

pauldrulez 25-12-2008 12:05 AM

Merry Xmas to everyone and a prosperous new year for all your NFL teams. Except Baltimore and Miami in Week 17 but thats in 08. Good luck in 09 to you all.

J-E-T-S
JETS, JETS, JETS :lux:

pauldrulez 25-12-2008 12:27 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Cant he go away now?

Strathclyde Eagle 25-12-2008 09:27 PM

Merry Christmas everyone. :p

pauldrulez 26-12-2008 12:44 AM

I'd like to take this time to give my gratitude to those that may only be in for a few plays a game.

Everyone please show their appreciation for their Special Teams.

I'd like to show my appreciation for Kelley Washington, Matthew Slater, Bubba Ventrone, Antwain Spann, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Sam Aiken, Mike Richardson, Jonathan Wilhite, Gary Guyton, and Tyson DeVree, along with Ellis Hobbs and Stephen Gostkowski.

I'm sure you'll join me in sending our Xmas thanks to the underappreciated players of the NFL. :)

pauldrulez 26-12-2008 11:49 AM

http://www.comments.zingerbugimages....ets_finger.gif

Latvian Eagle 26-12-2008 01:38 PM

Go on Dolphins... Everyone in the NFL including the JETS and ROGER GOODELL are behind you! ;) :lux:

Latvian Eagle 26-12-2008 01:41 PM

PS. Arsen't all these conspiracy theories ever so slightly flawed anyway? :confused: If Baltimore wins it doesn't matter how the Pats do as one of NYJ and Miami are going to win so the Pats won't make it with a Ravens win, unless of course the Ravens are in on it to lose so the Jets can throw the game to Miami and the 'fins make the Post season? :eek:

saxoneagle 26-12-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
PS. Arsen't all these conspiracy theories ever so slightly flawed anyway? :confused: If Baltimore wins it doesn't matter how the Pats do as one of NYJ and Miami are going to win so the Pats won't make it with a Ravens win, unless of course the Ravens are in on it to lose so the Jets can throw the game to Miami and the 'fins make the Post season? :eek:

Ravens win and that will mean they get the wildcard.

However, the Pats can still win the division with a win and a Dolphins loss.

pauldrulez 27-12-2008 12:32 PM

Huggy Bear aka Antonio Fargas on Soccer AM.

Talking about the Raiders and how his son Justin has had 5 coaches and that basically Al Davis is senile.

Somehow that conversation started from Arsene Wenger lol.

pauldrulez 27-12-2008 01:28 PM

Me vs saxoneagle for the Fantasy League title.

As this is the keeper league for next year as well, I'd like to thank whoever released the Tennessee DST who are now sitting on my bench behind Baltimore.

Good luck Saxon, at least a Patriot will top one league this year :sob:

saxoneagle 27-12-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Me vs saxoneagle for the Fantasy League title.

As this is the keeper league for next year as well, I'd like to thank whoever released the Tennessee DST who are now sitting on my bench behind Baltimore.

Good luck Saxon, at least a Patriot will top one league this year :sob:

I released Tennessee. Given that I won't be around next year, I don't care too much ;)

saxoneagle 27-12-2008 08:48 PM

PS - Haynesworth is a UFA at the end of the season.

pauldrulez 27-12-2008 09:00 PM

(I know) ;) Dont tell anyone that I'm going to trade them ;)

Are you suggesting we go for Haynesworth as well as all my other signings ;)

But seriously, I want us to go for Sproles :)

pauldrulez 27-12-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I'd like to take this time to give my gratitude to those that may only be in for a few plays a game.

Everyone please show their appreciation for their Special Teams.

I'd like to show my appreciation for Kelley Washington, Matthew Slater, Bubba Ventrone, Antwain Spann, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Sam Aiken, Mike Richardson, Jonathan Wilhite, Gary Guyton, and Tyson DeVree, along with Ellis Hobbs and Stephen Gostkowski.

I'm sure you'll join me in sending our Xmas thanks to the underappreciated players of the NFL. :)

I'd like to follow this up with a special thanks to one of these as his commitment has taken its toll on him.

Ray "Bubba" Ventrone. It looks all but certain that he will be moved onto IR. It may not seem like much of a loss, but as I have said before our Special Teamers are the best in the league at kick coverage and their blocking on kick returns is vital as well.

Bubba makes one awesome hit every game, and if he doesn't do that, then its a guarantee that either his block will set up a return or he will be first down there along with our other gunners to stop the return.

He is also first man in and last man out. He would do anything to have the talent of Moss or Merriweather/James Sanders and has played snaps at receiver and Safety this year.

Before this year, i've focussed on the top players of the team, but these are the guys that make it all happen.

Bubba may not have a long career in the league, unless he can become the Special Teams captain when Izzo retires.

Bubba Ventrone, the hit that took Breaston down at his 9, costs him his season.

Random ramble I know, but there are a lot of players not appreciated in this league, and I thought it was about time that our thread gave them some love. :love:

jazman 28-12-2008 11:54 AM

Hey fellas, hope you all had a great Xmas. Taken a purpose break from the PC and has done me the world of good I'm sure ... lost touch with any NFL news though but I'm sure there hasn't been much. Caught up on America's Game though with the 1970 Baltimore Colts. Next up the 1971 Cowboys :p

So looking forward to todays games. What a day - football all afternoon followed by NFL. Can it get any better? It sure can if the Palace and Cowboys both win :D

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2008 05:19 PM

Hate to tell you Jazman, but the 1971 Cowboys were on yesterday. Not sure if it is being repeated or not.

Apparently those are available on iTunes. Would prefer them to be available as region 2 dvds myself.

If San Diego and Seattle win tonight there will be two play-off teams with .500 records. :D