CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 28-12-2008 05:24 PM

You want to hear the news from Buffalo :(

Buffalo have put 2 WRs on IR and brought in 2 RBs.

40-55mph winds with gusts up to 70.

One of the goalposts has tilted all the way to the right.

Time to remove Moss from the old Fantasy team then.

ardeo 28-12-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Hey fellas, hope you all had a great Xmas. Taken a purpose break from the PC and has done me the world of good I'm sure ... lost touch with any NFL news though but I'm sure there hasn't been much. Caught up on America's Game though with the 1970 Baltimore Colts. Next up the 1971 Cowboys :p

So looking forward to todays games. What a day - football all afternoon followed by NFL. Can it get any better? It sure can if the Palace and Cowboys both win :D

Inevitably an already eliminated Eagles will beat the Cowboys, just to make both our days complete! :(

saxoneagle 28-12-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Hate to tell you Jazman, but the 1971 Cowboys were on yesterday. Not sure if it is being repeated or not.

Apparently those are available on iTunes. Would prefer them to be available as region 2 dvds myself.

If San Diego and Seattle win tonight there will be two play-off teams with .500 records. :D

And the 11-5 Pats sat at home watching them :(

saxoneagle 28-12-2008 06:08 PM

Is Jazman not changing his fantasy team today? He's got a good bench going on :p

pauldrulez 28-12-2008 07:01 PM

I guess not.

But thanks to Marshawn Lynch being out, Fred Jackson will get multiple carries and for the first time all year, I am starting 3 Running Backs.

Here are the teams for the Fantasy Title

pauldrulez:

Jay Cutler,
Sammy Morris, Maurice Morris and Fred Jackson
Antonio Bryant and Wes Welker
John Carlson
Stephen Gostkowski
Baltimore DST

vs

saxoneagle

Phillip Rivers
Adrian Peterson, Steve Slaton, Kevin Smith
Derrick Mason, Eddie Royal
Jason Witten
Jason Elam
Atlanta DST

Good luck saxon.

PATRIOTS FTW!

jlmatthews 28-12-2008 07:53 PM

Let's go Bears!!!

And NY Giants.. or Oakland and Philly!

pauldrulez 28-12-2008 08:04 PM

Pats are going to lose.

Book it.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2008 08:14 PM

Great, Buffalo having to play against the Patriots, conditions and the officials. Wonderful.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
And the 11-5 Pats sat at home watching them :(

I know there has been a bit of discussion about this, so this is my solution to the issue.

Any 8-8 (or worse) division winner has to play the team with the best record (9-7 or better) who doesn't have a play-off spot. Game takes place Thursday before Wild Card games. It probably stops teams like the Cardinals coasting in the way they have in the past few weeks.

saxoneagle 28-12-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I guess not.

But thanks to Marshawn Lynch being out, Fred Jackson will get multiple carries and for the first time all year, I am starting 3 Running Backs.

Here are the teams for the Fantasy Title

pauldrulez:

Jay Cutler,
Sammy Morris, Maurice Morris and Fred Jackson
Antonio Bryant and Wes Welker
John Carlson
Stephen Gostkowski
Baltimore DST

vs

saxoneagle

Phillip Rivers
Adrian Peterson, Steve Slaton, Kevin Smith
Derrick Mason, Eddie Royal
Jason Witten
Jason Elam
Atlanta DST

Good luck saxon.

PATRIOTS FTW!

Fox f*cking c*nts.

1 - Scoreboard not working, again
2 - Mason is locked as a starter despite his game not starting until 4.15.

They are f*cking useless.

saxoneagle 28-12-2008 08:22 PM

How often do you read this? :D

(4:21) Temporary delay to re-align goalposts (shifted in wind). 3-S.Gostkowski 26 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-66-L.Paxton, Holder-6-C.Hanson.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2008 08:23 PM

Are you seeing that at all Saxon? They are seriously skewed. Greg Gumbel said he thought he was in Italy. :D

The cynic in me says it was to prevent an NFL half taking less than an hour, but the posts did need to be straightened. Been watching the NFL for 23 years now and that's a new first for me.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2008 08:28 PM

Oakland leading Tampa at HT in Tampa. :eek:

And Detroit only down by 7 in Green Bay. If it was a film we all know what would happen. Pity the game is being played in Wisconsin, not Hollywood.

jazman 28-12-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Hate to tell you Jazman, but the 1971 Cowboys were on yesterday. Not sure if it is being repeated or not.

The wonders of Sky+ and the series link facility. Although saying that it does have trouble with NFL programmes regularly ... just checked and it is there and locked so it isn't accidently deleted ... :p

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2008 08:50 PM

Have to say it, that Pats drive into the wind was very impressive indeed.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
The wonders of Sky+ and the series link facility. Although saying that it does have trouble with NFL programmes regularly ... just checked and it is there and locked so it isn't accidently deleted ... :p

I remembered I had some issue with series link when I was discussing Sky+ with a friend last night, just couldn't remember which one. Thanks for the reminder. :p

jazman 28-12-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Is Jazman not changing his fantasy team today? He's got a good bench going on :p

I didn't make the finla game so thought I didn't need to? Guess I'm wrong?

jazman 28-12-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Inevitably an already eliminated Eagles will beat the Cowboys, just to make both our days complete! :(

Here's hoping thats not the case.... A Cowboys win will make end my great Xmas week and give me something positive to think about before my trudge back to work tomorrow ... :p

jazman 28-12-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

I remembered I had some issue with series link when I was discussing Sky+ with a friend last night, just couldn't remember which one. Thanks for the reminder. :p

Pleasure. I like to keep up to date with Total Access but series link really doesn't like that at all for some reason ....

Some great action already. Amazing weather at Buffalo. What a miss by Gostowski (sp?) ... although it was more like the wind making the miss as it was ...

Some bg scores going on as well, Giants beating Vikings could see them out of the play off picture .. Bears losing ... wow!

jazman 28-12-2008 09:23 PM

Damn. One night I manage to get online during the games and no one is around :D

May have to seek somewhere else ...