CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

AddiscombeEagle 12-01-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I had a dream last night (weird I know) that there was one regular season game and one pre season game.

As it is confess your dreams time, on Sunday night after watching the games, I dreamt all night that I was out on the razz celebrating the win with the two Rays (Rice and Lewis).

Dave Nunn 12-01-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
As it is confess your dreams time, on Sunday night after watching the games, I dreamt all night that I was out on the razz celebrating the win with the two Rays (Rice and Lewis).

I wouldn't go on the razz with Lewis, it'll end up in a stabbing!!!!! :eek:

Lawyers note - ALLEGEDLY ;)

Here we go Brownies - Woof Woof!! :moo:

Dave Nunn 12-01-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Nah nah nah, we are forgetting the Stoolers here.

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

Here we go Brownies - Woof Woof!! :moo:

peagle 12-01-2010 07:29 PM

Just a quick thing... saying alledgedly doesn't necessarily save you from libel or defamation etc.

Dave Nunn 12-01-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
Just a quick thing... saying alledgedly doesn't necessarily save you from libel or defamation etc.

Damn, I'd better phone Petrocelli pretty sharpish!!! :moo:

peagle 12-01-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

I didn't want another argument so opted not to say anything about Peagle's post, I'm guessing he was being sarcastic?

'Cause it was! haha. Think I made some interesting points though :D I still maintain that secretly, deep deep down, everyone wants the Pats to do well. I know you won't admit it though :D

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Erm, I didn't say allegedly when I done it :moo:

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

At the end of the day, there are plenty of teams/fans out there that would have given their left arm to be in the playoffs, ok so we went out a bit earlier than we'd have liked but at least we made it, think of the teams that didn't, Giants, Stoolers, Dolphins, Broncos, Titans, all good teams on their day, Broncos started really well, Titans ended really well, Dolphins probably would have gotten there if it wasn't for some serious injuries to Pennington and Brown, Stoolers are the current Champs, Gunts are always a threat.

Dolphins, I think they played better without Ronnie Brown, it finally got Ricky Williams performing like a Franchise Back. I think they won the games they were going to win and got Henne some valuable experience.

If the Titans can play the same as this season, they'll be a massive threat. What they need is to get a big body in the middle of their D. Like a lesser Fat Albert Haynesworth.

Even when CJ2K was running for 200 yards, the other teams RB was running for 120+. Need to sort that out.

jazman 12-01-2010 08:08 PM

Do you have to be mad to be in the dog pound or does it help? :o

Dave Nunn 12-01-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Do you have to be mad to be in the dog pound or does it help? :o

Since the Modell Franchise relocation and rebirth in 1999 you have to be a bit doolally to follow the Brownies!! :D

Woof Woof!!! :moo:

Strathclyde Eagle 12-01-2010 11:24 PM

Interesting stuff on the BS Report by Mike Lombardi about how the remaining 8 teams supposedly can't get free agents for the uncapped year (if it happens), only replace the ones they lose. He's supposed to be posting something about this week, will stick up a link if I see it.

Strathclyde Eagle 12-01-2010 11:27 PM

BTW, as Nordberg isn't about at the moment can we all agree not to quote him please? Helps with vBulletin's imperfect ignore feature, thanks.

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 11:29 PM

That was the positive of us being knocked out.

Top 8 can only sign a player equal to the value of a player they lose. Let's go unrealistic.

Chargers cut Phillip Rivers. They could now sign someone equal or below to his contract.

Say they cut, erm, Mike Tolbert. They can only sign someone equal or below his value.

Whereas we could go and sign Peppers, Austin, Dansby etc etc.

Oh, and this works for trades as well. Trade a player of a value, it's the same as losing a FA.

Strathclyde Eagle 12-01-2010 11:31 PM

How does the value of trades work then, Paul? Monetary value of contract I guess?

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 11:34 PM

Yeah.

So, using the example of the Patriots to Chiefs trade last year.

They freed up $18m in letting both Vrabel and Cassel go.

Which they would then be able to spend on free agents (or trading for players) if they were a top 8 team.

oz_da II 12-01-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

'Cause it was! haha. Think I made some interesting points though :D I still maintain that secretly, deep deep down, everyone wants the Pats to do well. I know you won't admit it though :D

Not here, I've despised the Patriots since they layed down to the Bears in Super Bowl XX.

jazman 13-01-2010 12:02 AM

This is wear things gets complicated for me with NFL

Strathclyde Eagle 13-01-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Not here, I've despised the Patriots since they layed down to the Bears in Super Bowl XX.

To be fair, they had reason to. As Merlin Olsen said about Tony Eason, "I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to stand down there."

pauldrulez 13-01-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
This is wear things gets complicated for me with NFL

I'm very statistical and have to try and be a perfectionist with stupid things like this, I can have a go (and fail) at breaking it down a bit better tomorrow night if it helps anyone?

And yes, that does make me a loser.

RDSdaEAGLE 13-01-2010 01:23 AM

Fox Sports' store is having a sale - quite a few jerseys on offer for a little more than $20.

Other items are on sale too - click on the menu bar to the left :)

http://foxsports.seenon.com/index.ph...s-sale-jerseys