CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

RazorsEdge 19-10-2017 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=Wolfnipplechips;13900985]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13900977)
People who take the same length lunch hour as everyone else,but have fag breaks as well.
The usual tedious annual thing of people letting off fireworks well before Bonfire Night[/QUOTE]

Some bloke two doors down is bang at it right now as I type. The Mrs. Is going mental.:D

Doesn’t bother me at this time of night although they are REALLY noisy.

Ask him to go easy on beans next time :)

Vendy 19-10-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13900981)
I am surprised at the poll results. Different from my day. I am not sure that is a good thing for society. I can accept the healthy eating argument, and saving pennies if a Pret has become outrageously expensive.

It seems to me that life has got all a bit sanitised and horrid in the last 15 years. All about control and tight fisted companies penny pinching their slave workers. Work and life used to be fun to a certain degree. I am getting the impression that increasingly it is not so. Not just from these silly threads, but as a general overview of comments on the BBS.

It seems that people are desparate to keep jobs they dont like, pay credit (mortgages and student loans) they cant afford, but gadgets they dont need, and are sucked into thinking that life revolves around having to take that 2 week med holiday to GET AWAY FROM IT ALL.

Not for me peeps.

People who gloat on the internet about how wonderful their life is...:hi:

cantspell 19-10-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13900800)
What about 'Birdy Nom Nom'?


Peter sellers [emoji106]

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13900985)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13900977)
People who take the same length lunch hour as everyone else,but have fag breaks as well.
[B]The usual tedious annual thing of people letting off fireworks well before Bonfire Night

Some bloke two doors down is bang at it right now as I type. The Mrs. Is going mental.:D

Doesn’t bother me at this time of night although they are REALLY noisy.

It's Diwali...

PeterH 19-10-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13900991)
People who gloat on the internet about how wonderful their life is...:hi:

Not everything is wonderful. It has been far from perfect the last couple of years.

I dont earn enough to visit the old country as often as I would like. But my family are healthy and happy and I am, too. What more can you want?

Chile is a great place to semi retire to if you have a little money. I am where I need to be at this stage of my life. More by luck than design I reckon.

But I would say the old cliches, if you dont like your life only one person can change that. Sometimes those changes have to be very radical, and sometimes people cant bring themselves to take the steps needed. But almost all the people I know who have made those changes or have had those changes forced upon them are in a better place.

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13900991)
People who gloat on the internet about how wonderful their life is...:hi:

My life is great but I still take my lunch to work most days :sunglasses:

PeterH 19-10-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901005)
My life is great but I still take my lunch to work most days :sunglasses:

And eat it alone, shut away in your office. Tupperware Friend.

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901009)
And eat it alone, shut away in your office. Tupperware Friend.

Yes, and the reason I do that is so I can get my work done and get out. I'm home by 5pm and get to spend 4 or 5 hours with my wife and kid every night.

I could go out for lunch, spend more money, eat less healthily and get to see my family less but I think my choice is the right one!

Oli28 19-10-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901004)
I dont earn enough to visit the old country as often as I would like. But my family are healthy and happy and I am, too. What more can you want?

Ha ha ha why can't you afford to travel? I can afford to. Shouldn't you just get a better job or are you tight?

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:08 PM

FYI I don't go to work to socialize, and I don't have, nor want, friends at work. It's called work for a reason. Get in, get stuff done, get out.

RazorsEdge 19-10-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901014)
Yes, and the reason I do that is so I can get my work done and get out. I'm home by 5pm and get to spend 4 or 5 hours with my wife and kid every night.

I could go out for lunch, spend more money, eat less healthily and get to see my family less but I think my choice is the right one!

Agree

Wolfnipplechips 19-10-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901003)
It's Diwali...

:p

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:13 PM

And also, it's not a quid a day.

If I buy breakfast and lunch near my work, it's about £12 a day.
Cereal and milk and bananas costs me a couple of quid a week. Salads for lunch with basic ingredients, or even leftovers from the previous night, costs me about a tenner a week.

I can save £40-50 a week by taking my lunch in. Over a year, that's a REALLY nice holiday for me and my family. Or our weekends away watching sport, which are about 20 weekends a year.

But hey, you wish you could come home more often... so you must be doing it better than me. ��

Vendy 19-10-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901004)
Not everything is wonderful. It has been far from perfect the last couple of years.

I dont earn enough to visit the old country as often as I would like. But my family are healthy and happy and I am, too. What more can you want?

Chile is a great place to semi retire to if you have a little money. I am where I need to be at this stage of my life. More by luck than design I reckon.

But I would say the old cliches, if you dont like your life only one person can change that. Sometimes those changes have to be very radical, and sometimes people cant bring themselves to take the steps needed. But almost all the people I know who have made those changes or have had those changes forced upon them are in a better place.

I was just jesting.

Vendy 19-10-2017 10:57 PM

Costa, Pret, Starbucks for me and my wife is £18 for Drink Sandwich and Cake. Fecking rip off bastards

weltklasse 19-10-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se9 eagles (Post 13900883)
What is wrong with you?Are you this bitter and twisted because you have no close family,friends or a decent job?I actually feel sorry for you....

Nothing wrong with me at all. Perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself and how you became such a sad ****ed up individual. Feel sorry for yourself rather then me.

weltklasse 19-10-2017 11:12 PM

Those new Thames link trains frankly I don't need to know that the bakerloo

weltklasse 19-10-2017 11:13 PM

Line is providing a good service when heading away from London FFS!

art malice 19-10-2017 11:20 PM

‘It is what it is.’

The perfect soundbite for *****

Wolfnipplechips 19-10-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13901119)
Costa, Pret, Starbucks for me and my wife is £18 for Drink Sandwich and Cake. Fecking rip off bastards

£150k per year rent and rates.........fecking rip off bastards.

Salad_Burnet 19-10-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13900201)
When people post stuff on Faceache like "Oooh, just having great food nom nom" I always ask whats so great as it seems to have dispossesed them of the ability of speech.

I am definitely going to use this from now on. It's brilliant. It's like performance art in letters. How can people find it annoying?

The thing I'm most annoyed about tonight is finding a dead cat in the front garden on the way to the off licence. I don't know what would've killed it; it's not like it's cold outside. It's just raining. Its head is in situ, so I've ruled the Croydon cat killer.

Vendy 19-10-2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13901161)
£150k per year rent and rates.........fecking rip off bastards.

Underlying profits at Costa rose £21m to £153.5m, poor bastards..

Yoda 19-10-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13901119)
Costa, Pret, Starbucks for me and my wife is £18 for Drink Sandwich and Cake. Fecking rip off bastards

So that’s £9 each for coffee, sandwich and cake.

Intially that sounds high, but many years ago I was advised that the standard mark up in catering was 3 times the cost, possibly more in places where they have higher than normal costs such London or motorway service stations.

So that makes your order worth £3, which I think isn’t miles off the cost of making your own proper coffee, decent sandwich and quality cake at home, where you don’t have all the running costs of the chains you’ve mentioned.

Yoda 19-10-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 13901174)
I am definitely going to use this from now on. It's brilliant. It's like performance art in letters. How can people find it annoying?

The thing I'm most annoyed about tonight is finding a dead cat in the front garden on the way to the off licence. I don't know what would've killed it; it's not like it's cold outside. It's just raining. Its head is in situ, so I've ruled the Croydon cat killer.

Oh dear, that’s grim.

My guess would be that it’s been hit by car, then reached your garden before it collapsed and died. It’s injuries could be internal.

Vendy 20-10-2017 12:08 AM

Now I feel like a tight arse

Vendy 20-10-2017 12:10 AM

Although.... Two large Coffees, Tow decent Bacon baps and a pack of 4 mini choc brownies £6.75 = it is Greggs though. I genuinely don't know how they money out of that.

Salad_Burnet 20-10-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13901206)
Oh dear, that’s grim.

My guess would be that it’s been hit by car, then reached your garden before it collapsed and died. It’s injuries could be internal.

Ah, thanks mate. It's still there. My own cat is ginger so I initially thought it was him, but it isn't.

I'm just gonna have to let my mum discover it on her way to work tomorrow morning and just style it out from there.

art malice 20-10-2017 01:07 AM

Fake mews

PeterH 20-10-2017 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901014)
Yes, and the reason I do that is so I can get my work done and get out. I'm home by 5pm and get to spend 4 or 5 hours with my wife and kid every night.

I could go out for lunch, spend more money, eat less healthily and get to see my family less but I think my choice is the right one!

At least then you will earn the admiration of your work colleagues, who currently see you as an unfriendly idler who always skips out early. :hi:

PeterH 20-10-2017 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13901116)
I was just jesting.

I know mate.

Lot's of things iffy about my life. The most is missing the UK sometimes. Missing my mates, missing banter - Chileans don't understand banter. It is painful watching them get offended to ex pat jokes on facebook groups.

And missing the real matchday experience, not whatever nonsense SP is serving up. Home and away. Missing days like last weekends Chelsea game hurts. Missing the Cup Final. Great to watch it, but not like being there. Always playing catch up on TV shows and the like.

Posting on my own on the BBS in the evening because all of you lot are tucked up in bed early, extra early for getting up 30 minutes early to prepare take to work lunch.

PeterH 20-10-2017 02:12 AM

Anyhoo. Wasn't meaning to learn how to fish today (always fancied trying that at Blind's), but it seems I accidently dropped the rod in and came away with the Championship tropht today. Maidstoned is going above the fireplace.

I've had a lot of fun guys, it has been real today.

Salad_Burnet 20-10-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13901257)
Fake mews

Err, no it isn't (fake mews).

Hedgehog 20-10-2017 02:27 AM

Wow what did I miss today... 6 pages of annoyances...

Must have been some major bitching going on!

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901274)
At least then you will earn the admiration of your work colleagues, who currently see you as an unfriendly idler who always skips out early. :hi:

I'm not there for their admiration. I'm there to earn money I can spend with and on my family.

Long gone are the days when I cared about my "career", now it's just a job.

Se9 eagles 20-10-2017 07:56 AM

People who buy a new car when the new plates are out just to show off.They don't realise the rest of us are thinking that if they bought it a year later they would save thousands.......

Jim Cannon 20-10-2017 08:09 AM

People inserting french phrases into english sentences.

PeterH 20-10-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901331)
I'm not there for their admiration. I'm there to earn money I can spend with and on my family.

Long gone are the days when I cared about my "career", now it's just a job.

When I met you, you cared about traveling and constantly traveling, Find a way to do that again. Kid on the back walking Machu Picchu type of thing.

Se9 eagles 20-10-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13901338)
People inserting french phrases into english sentences.

Even Del Boy?

Wayne Andrews is God 20-10-2017 08:34 AM

The sudden adoption of people saying 'disconnect' rather than 'disconnection' for example 'there has been a disconnect with the fans'

Why?

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901280)
Anyhoo. Wasn't meaning to learn how to fish today (always fancied trying that at Blind's), but it seems I accidently dropped the rod in and came away with the Championship tropht today. Maidstoned is going above the fireplace.

I've had a lot of fun guys, it has been real today.

The mood I'm in at the moment you wouldn't want me anywhere near you....dead or alive.

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 13901015)
Ha ha ha why can't you afford to travel? I can afford to. Shouldn't you just get a better job or are you tight?

Perhaps if he took his own lunch to work he could save a bit more.

Tony Montana 20-10-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901277)
missing banter

It definitely isnt missing you

Neckinger Eagle 20-10-2017 08:56 AM

Mon dieu! Has anybody said James Corden yet? Who allows this obese, naughty eight year old onto television? I always feel embarrassed for his parents.

Wayne Andrews is God 20-10-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13901408)
Mon dieu! Has anybody said James Corden yet? Who allows this obese, naughty eight year old onto television? I always feel embarrassed for his parents.

Talentless ****, must of sucked Satin's cock to get where he has. He is a horrible bloke aswell, dont be fool by his giggingly harmless fat man persona.

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901340)
When I met you, you cared about traveling and constantly traveling, Find a way to do that again. Kid on the back walking Machu Picchu type of thing.

We are constantly travelling. The kid has been to 8 countries and she's not even 10 months old. Next month we're away for the whole month. She'll have been to 10 countries before she's a year old. I visited my 10th country when I was 25.

And by working, and not paying £12 a day for food I don't need to be eating, I can afford to give her those experiences and I have that time to spend with her and my wife, both at home and when we go away.

ChiswickEagle 20-10-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901454)
We are constantly travelling. The kid has been to 8 countries and she's not even 10 months old. Next month we're away for the whole month. She'll have been to 10 countries before she's a year old. I visited my 10th country when I was 25.

.

Bloody hell, you be careful or Wolfie will be on your case!

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 13901512)
Bloody hell, you be careful or Wolfie will be on your case!

We're trying to squeeze as many trips into the first 2 years before we have to start paying for her flights. Just booked her a flight for next summer which cost $1.25 for her!

That's the sort of saving money and planning which PeterH probably hates - he'd expect most people to buy their own plane for a holiday, not scrounge a cheap seat on other peoples.

Selhurst Celtic 20-10-2017 11:11 AM

saxon, I don't think your daughter, at 10 months old, is going to remember all of these trips and 10 different countries.

cappuccinoeagle 20-10-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901003)
It's Diwali...

Fair enough,though no doubt chavvy,non religious types will be letting off fireworks well before the 5th.

cantspell 20-10-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13901639)
saxon, I don't think your daughter, at 10 months old, is going to remember all of these trips and 10 different countries.


Shhhhh! Don't tell him that

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13901639)
saxon, I don't think your daughter, at 10 months old, is going to remember all of these trips and 10 different countries.

Perhaps not, but I will :D

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901535)

That's the sort of saving money and planning which PeterH probably hates - he'd expect most people to buy their own plane for a holiday, not scrounge a cheap seat on other peoples.

And rather pay £10 for a half stale cheese and chicken "Panini" and a room temprature, plastic bottle of Chenin Blanc.......than take his own sarnies on the plane...oh the shame.

WorthingEagle 20-10-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901535)
We're trying to squeeze as many trips into the first 2 years before we have to start paying for her flights. Just booked her a flight for next summer which cost $1.25 for her!

That's the sort of saving money and planning which PeterH probably hates - he'd expect most people to buy their own plane for a holiday, not scrounge a cheap seat on other peoples.

We had a few holidays before our daughter was mobile - now she's nearly a year old all she wants to do is explore and play with (throw) everything in sight. I can't imagine how we'd get her to happily sit on our laps for 2-4 hours, given her usual threshold is about 10 seconds.

We are looking at cruises instead until she's old enough to reason with :eek:

andyocpfc 20-10-2017 11:45 AM

The phrase “whoop whoop” - I seriously want to head butt anyone that says it. Whoop f—king whoop FFS

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorthingEagle (Post 13901692)
We had a few holidays before our daughter was mobile - now she's nearly a year old all she wants to do is explore and play with (throw) everything in sight. I can't imagine how we'd get her to happily sit on our laps for 2-4 hours, given her usual threshold is about 10 seconds.

We are looking at cruises instead until she's old enough to reason with :eek:

Longest flight so far has been about 2hrs, but in a couple of weeks we're flying to the US to visit the wife's family (most of them haven't bothered coming to see us, but have made us feel guilty so now my wife feels obliged for us to go visit them :rolleyes: )... that flight will be more fun, I'm sure!

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901700)
Longest flight so far has been about 2hrs, but in a couple of weeks we're flying to the US to visit the wife's family (most of them haven't bothered coming to see us, but have made us feel guilty so now my wife feels obliged for us to go visit them :rolleyes: )... that flight will be more fun, I'm sure!

Will you lie around all day eating all their food?

andyocpfc 20-10-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901700)
Longest flight so far has been about 2hrs, but in a couple of weeks we're flying to the US to visit the wife's family (most of them haven't bothered coming to see us, but have made us feel guilty so now my wife feels obliged for us to go visit them :rolleyes: )... that flight will be more fun, I'm sure!


We took our 2 year old recently on a 4 hour flight to Greece. It was ‘interesting’ to say the least but unlike your child, ours can walk around etc which makes life more difficult as typically a toddler won’t want to sit down. Take off and landing was not so much fun! Would still do it all again though.


Very good ME btw - very funny [emoji16]

Johnnieboy 20-10-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901454)
We are constantly travelling. The kid has been to 8 countries and she's not even 10 months old. Next month we're away for the whole month. She'll have been to 10 countries before she's a year old. I visited my 10th country when I was 25.

I hope you've signed her up for her own frequent flyer account, all those airmiles will pay for her gap year

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13901732)
Will you lie around all day eating all their food?

No, I'll be working from my hotel room to avoid them.

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13901748)
I hope you've signed her up for her own frequent flyer account, all those airmiles will pay for her gap year

Do Easyjet and Ryanair do airmiles? :D

Johnnieboy 20-10-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901765)
Do Easyjet and Ryanair do airmiles? :D

Making her fly Ryanair might be seen as abuse ;)

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901764)
No, I'll be working from my hotel room to avoid them.

https://www.quietrev.com/wp-content/...ert_Flour9.jpg

Selhurst Celtic 20-10-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13901768)
Making her fly Ryanair might be seen as abuse ;)

At least there's a good chance that you don't have to sit next to your kid on the flight though.

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13901768)
Making her fly Ryanair might be seen as abuse ;)

I'm starting her young with ammunition to post on this thread in later life.

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13901770)

Is that Jeremy Corbyn?

Terrace Bickle 20-10-2017 01:57 PM

Poxy algae in my aquarium. I must be all moaned out today.... :-)

pallet 20-10-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901764)
No, I'll be working from my hotel room to avoid them.

Why are you working during your holiday?

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13901927)
Why are you working during your holiday?

Where did I say it was a holiday?! (Some of it is, but most of it isn't - I'll be working remotely)

Mr Mojo Risin 20-10-2017 03:53 PM

The phrase "weather bomb" which I don't think existed a couple of years ago. Just call it a storm or a gale or whatever meteorological event it is rather than give it a stupid Twitter trendy name.

Neckinger Eagle 20-10-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13901696)
The phrase “whoop whoop” - I seriously want to head butt anyone that says it. Whoop f—king whoop FFS

And following on from that, British people shrieking like banshees on television and at events when somebody is introduced, or somebody "edgy" like the fat eight year old James Corden says something "edgy". Grow up people, you are British, we are better than this.

Oh and Halloween. Bloody Hell.

PeterH 20-10-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13901732)
Will you lie around all day eating all their food?

He'll be freezing it and bringing it back for packed lunches.

PeterH 20-10-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13901673)
.than take his own sarnies on the plane...oh the shame.

Nearly missed this gem. Do you take your own sarnies on a plane? Ones prepared at home?

Jim Cannon 20-10-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13902541)
Oh and Halloween. Bloody Hell.

Trick or Treat? How about ***k off, it's not America:D

Neckinger Eagle 20-10-2017 08:46 PM

Actually, I came onto this thread to moan about something else. Sky Sports News. Ah, the lovely soothing voice of the lovely Hayley McQueen. But where is she? She, along with old Mr Hypobole himself, what's his name transfer deadline day guy, is sitting behind this unnecessarily huge desk, big enough for a set meal for twenty. Behind them are all these various screens flashing away, showing what I assume are all of Sky's latest channels after their latest reorganisation of their sports. Talk about unwatchable. the presenters drowning in a sea of colour and movement.

It's almost as bad as they get the presenter to stand next to a huge display wall, like a speck of humanity. Might as well just broadcast it as radio.

Nigel_Scarfer 20-10-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13902541)
And following on from that, British people shrieking like banshees on television and at events when somebody is introduced, or somebody "edgy" like the fat eight year old James Corden says something "edgy". Grow up people, you are British, we are better than this.

Oh and Halloween. Bloody Hell.

Someone that round can never be "edgy"!

Joe85 20-10-2017 10:55 PM

The Mrs watching ******* Twilight.

fioreuk 20-10-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13902550)
Actually, I came onto this thread to moan about something else. Sky Sports News. Ah, the lovely soothing voice of the lovely Hayley McQueen. But where is she? She, along with old Mr Hypobole himself, what's his name transfer deadline day guy, is sitting behind this unnecessarily huge desk, big enough for a set meal for twenty. Behind them are all these various screens flashing away, showing what I assume are all of Sky's latest channels after their latest reorganisation of their sports. Talk about unwatchable. the presenters drowning in a sea of colour and movement.

It's almost as bad as they get the presenter to stand next to a huge display wall, like a speck of humanity. Might as well just broadcast it as radio.

I tend to just stare at her tits so what happens in the periphery tends to just blur away.

Neckinger Eagle 20-10-2017 11:19 PM

Claudia Winkleman.

Taking kookiness, which is irritating in a middle aged woman anyway, and multiplying it exponentially. Imagine if she was not so privileged through birth and that she worked in your office.

Isle of Wight 20-10-2017 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fioreuk (Post 13902832)
I tend to just stare at her tits so what happens in the periphery tends to just blur away.

You are Harvey Weinstein and I claim my £5 😉

DE - Glad All Over 20-10-2017 11:29 PM

Modern day soc.lib spineless snowflakes

beef 20-10-2017 11:31 PM

Mark Carney

cappuccinoeagle 20-10-2017 11:37 PM

Brighton winning

fioreuk 20-10-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13902868)
Brighton winning

Could have stopped after the first word.

chrisophiex 20-10-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13901221)
Now I feel like a tight arse


Oo-er!

danpalace07 21-10-2017 06:55 AM

after watching her in American Horror Story, Lena Dunham. Put her in a big **** off cannon and shoot her and that bloody whiny septic accent into the sun

Little Fozzie 21-10-2017 10:31 AM

Being sat on a 3 hour train to newcastle with a hangover/still slightly drunk, and having a 7 month old baby sat at the same table

Maidstoned Eagle 21-10-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13903222)
Being sat on a 3 hour train to newcastle with a hangover/still slightly drunk, and having a 7 month old baby sat at the same table

And it'll be nappy change time soon.

cappuccinoeagle 21-10-2017 01:38 PM

Mugabe being appointed Goodwill Ambassador

Neckinger Eagle 21-10-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DE - Glad All Over (Post 13902851)
Modern day soc.lib spineless snowflakes

Modern day phrases such as 'soc.lib spineless snowflakes'. Nobody will get my vote talking like that.

Neckinger Eagle 21-10-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 13903022)
after watching her in American Horror Story, Lena Dunham. Put her in a big **** off cannon and shoot her and that bloody whiny septic accent into the sun

You have got to admire the fact that she has taken such little talent and convinced a large portion of America's right-on society that she can act and write scripts. Plus she pulls off the trick of being the world's leading feminist but simultaneously takes every opportunity to get her kit off (although I think that's a fundamentalist punishment to all men who inadvertently see her do it).

PeterH 21-10-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13903581)
Modern day phrases such as 'soc.lib spineless snowflakes'. Nobody will get my vote talking like that.

Yep,

I am against people looking for things to be offended by, but snowflake is such a poor phrase and is already well overused. I am trying to understand the metaphorical meaning and I dont think it makes sense. A snowflake melts away easily - a PC PC warrior keeps going on about a point like a dog worrying a bone.

art malice 21-10-2017 06:46 PM

Tickly nasal hairs getting right on my tits (yep, I really should cut them)

Nostrils 21-10-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13904904)
Tickly nasal hairs getting right on my tits (yep, I really should cut them)

I pulled one out yesterday, sneezed, and saw the ****** was white!


Not being able to enjoy the Manchester United loss.

RazorsEdge 21-10-2017 07:00 PM

Geordies

Wolfnipplechips 21-10-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13904904)
Tickly nasal hairs getting right on my tits (yep, I really should cut them)

Very satisfying when you can pull them straight out.

I like to put them on the iPad screen to check them out.:)

PeterH 21-10-2017 07:08 PM

People who take life or themselves too seriously. Honestly, I'm not talking about the BBS here. The people I am referring to would NEVER waste time on here, nor would they support a club like Palace, because they are self-important pricks.

The kind of middle managers at a non-descript company that think they are Steve Jobs in waiting. Usually false people in how they treat others, they smile and nod, but there is nothing in their eyes.

On a similar note. Those that feel they have to reinvent themselves every 5 years. Cull all their friends and contacts. Pricks - others have invested time in having a relationship with you. And you treat them like that.

There was one of those vomit inducing memes on facebook recently, but I took it to heart in respect of point two. 'I don't regret the things I did wrong. I regret the good things I did for the WRONG people'

At 52 I try and not get disappointed by the actions of others - but I reckon it will still be hard when it happens again.


I might be a lot of things to a lot of people, especially how I may come across on here. But I have never in my life knowingly done something bad to anyone or treated someone poorly, or stepped over others to improve my own position. Never played political games at work. I have said silly things, I have offended. But I have never been false. I don't understand why people are like this.

I understand someone being a psycho or a sociopath, but why are there so many of them.

PeterH 21-10-2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13904983)
Very satisfying when you can pull them straight out.

I like to put them on the iPad screen to check them out.:)

Need a vomit emoji for that.

danpalace07 21-10-2017 07:10 PM

football can get in the sea

SeanPalace84 21-10-2017 07:54 PM

******* youtube adverts, I give up now.

PeterH 21-10-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 (Post 13905114)
******* youtube adverts, I give up now.

Yep, they are getting invasive. One at the start of a small vid is fair enough. But one every 5 minutes on a 30 minute vid.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.