CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

chateauferret 25-01-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15078008)
Or perhaps ask Arabs what English speakers sound like. One once told me it was like listening to a yard full of chickens.

Was that after they started televising Parliament?

cantspell 26-01-2020 04:02 PM

Micah Richards a Shite pundit

Hedgehog 27-01-2020 06:49 PM

When your PC has a whack attack and just freezes up. I suspect something going on (updating) in the background, either by Microsoft, Dell or Firefox in my case, but no warnings or pop-ups letting you know what is going on.

Arrogant bastards...

Reps AJ 27-01-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 15069539)
Untuck it dot com adverts and whole concept. Is there anyone that f*cking stupid they'd pay extra for a shirt thats designed to be untucked? I keep thinking the ads are a parody on a sketch show.

The ad has been on the radio all ******* day.

davech 27-01-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15079613)
When your PC has a whack attack and just freezes up. I suspect something going on (updating) in the background, either by Microsoft, Dell or Firefox in my case, but no warnings or pop-ups letting you know what is going on.

Arrogant bastards...

This is like Windows 10/Lenovo Sleep Mode. It locks the PC completely. I hit on the solution by mistake by unplugging all leads/everything and leaving for 15 minutes. Apparently it detects attached leads and thinks it should still be asleep :wallbash: Reconnect, and it starts perfectly.

Second time it happened I knew the solution. I had to google how to amend Sleep Mode in Windows Fuucking Ten (to give it its proper technical name) to Sleep ---> Never in my sister's Proper Windows 7 PC due to the disappearing Control Panel in 10. It also confirmed my lucky solution on on Help sites. God preserve us from arsehole geeks and their new Windows versions.

jhc 27-01-2020 09:55 PM

Companies that phone you up and then expect YOU to answer security questions! Don't they know who they're calling?
Anyone could phone you up and you wouldn't know if they were genuinely who they said they were. You could end up giving out personal info to whoever.

If I was phoning a national company I'd expect them to ask me security questions so they could identify me which is fair enough.
I do get quite irritated when THEY phone me and expect me to answer THEIR security questions. They don't see the irony when I get the hump!

KYLIE MINEAGLE 27-01-2020 10:02 PM

I speak to a company fairly frequently ,always the same woman. It normally goes something like . How are you Joe. Have you been on holiday ? Where did you go ? I've been there its lovely. Did your wife enjoy it. Blah blah blah. I need to ask you a few security questions before we start .

Olympian2 27-01-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhc (Post 15079747)
Companies that phone you up and then expect YOU to answer security questions! Don't they know who they're calling?
Anyone could phone you up and you wouldn't know if they were genuinely who they said they were. You could end up giving out personal info to whoever.

If I was phoning a national company I'd expect them to ask me security questions so they could identify me which is fair enough.
I do get quite irritated when THEY phone me and expect me to answer THEIR security questions. They don't see the irony when I get the hump!

I’ve been scam-called by ‘BT’ a few times recently. I’ve started to tell them that I’d be delighted to talk to them but that they need to answer a few questions first. The obvious confusion when I ask them for the first, third & eighth characters of their password is rather marvellous....

palacemetros 27-01-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

This is a particular pet hate of mine and I refuse to answer. If they want to speak to me that urgently, they can bloody well do so on my terms, not theirs!

Oldtown Eagle 27-01-2020 11:02 PM

I had a call today asking me about my recent loft lagging. I live in a flat.

Hedgehog 27-01-2020 11:05 PM

3 times today I've had a call from a robocall stating they are from social security and they are going to cut off my payments unless I call them back at this number...

Do people seriously call them back? I guess they do. I assume the number is in the Caribbean and you get charged like $6 to call them... $5.90 going into their pocket. Whoever "they" are.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-01-2020 11:14 PM

When you pull into the petrol station, all the pumps that match up to the way you’re facing and the side your petrol cap is on are full, so you have to drive full circle to face the other way, by which time someone steals in and occupies the pump you need

Stavros 69 27-01-2020 11:16 PM

Cars and esp bikes that don’t stop for zebra crossings.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-01-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15079754)
I speak to a company fairly frequently ,always the same woman. It normally goes something like . How are you Joe. Have you been on holiday ? Where did you go ? I've been there its lovely. Did your wife enjoy it. Blah blah blah. I need to ask you a few security questions before we start .

The same companies keep calling me about car insurance (when they get to the bit about the year and model of my car I say it’s a 2072 Star Fleet Star Ship Enterprise), health insurance (I either tell them I need coverage for 225 people in my cult or if they ask where my pain is I say ‘in my arse cheeks), or to advertise a business I don’t or have ever owned (they hang up when I say my name is Felonious Cheesemonkey).

Quite why my number hasn’t been blacklisted is beyond me)

N Herts Eagle 27-01-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 15079799)
I had a call today asking me about my recent loft lagging. I live in a flat.

My favourite one was the information on dealing with flooding seeing we were 5 storeys high I think putting sandbanks by the front door was a tad over the top.

Reps AJ 27-01-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Really annoys me. I always refuse and ask them to prove its them. They aren't happy.

Hedgehog 27-01-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15079806)
When you pull into the petrol station, all the pumps that match up to the way you’re facing and the side your petrol cap is on are full, so you have to drive full circle to face the other way, by which time someone steals in and occupies the pump you need

That reminds me...

Sick Bucket 27-01-2020 11:46 PM

I can't believe so many people apparently engage with cold callers. I just immediately say 'sorry not interested, bye' and hang up.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-01-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15079827)
I can't believe so many people apparently engage with cold callers. I just immediately say 'who is that?...sorry not interested, bye' and hang up.

Not sure if it’s the same there, but initially these companies used to call from central locations often miles away so you’d know not to bother answering. Then they started using multiple local numbers, so firstly you didn’t know it was a
cold call, and secondly if you blocked the number or asked to be taken off their list, they’d just call again on a different number.

Eventually I decided that if I wasn’t doing anything else I’d just waste as much of their time as they did mine, and hopefully be ‘red carded’ by them

CK 27-01-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15079827)
I can't believe so many people apparently engage with cold callers. I just immediately say 'sorry not interested, bye' and hang up.

As I'm at home a lot these days I get a lot of these. Our phones have call ID so if I don't recognise the number I ignore it. If they want me that's what a bloody answerphone is for. Easy:lux:

cappuccinoeagle 28-01-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 15079834)
As I'm at home a lot these days I get a lot of these. Our phones have call ID so if I don't recognise the number I ignore it. If they want me that's what a bloody answerphone is for. Easy:lux:

Spot on.

PeterH 28-01-2020 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15079801)
3 times today I've had a call from a robocall stating they are from social security and they are going to cut off my payments unless I call them back at this number...

Do people seriously call them back? I guess they do. I assume the number is in the Caribbean and you get charged like $6 to call them... $5.90 going into their pocket. Whoever "they" are.

I don't answer any number at all that isn't in my contacts. Unless I am expecting a call from some organisation.

chateauferret 28-01-2020 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15079815)
Really annoys me. I always refuse and ask them to prove its them. They aren't happy.

I have on a few occasions been phoned up by people claiming to be from a particular large company and who turned out to be anything but. Like the bloke who reckoned he was from Three, and I happen to have a Three phone, so after a couple of minutes of no I don't want whatever it was I asked him why I couldn't get a mobile signal in Princes' Street in Edinburgh. He immediately went completely bonkers. I've never heard anyone totally lose his shit so quickly. It was hilarious.

Hedgehog 28-01-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15079863)
I don't answer any number at all that isn't in my contacts. Unless I am expecting a call from some organisation.

These have been on a landline with caller ID. I've not answered the calls and let them go to voice mail. Still annoying.

To be honest I don't answer the phone unless the name pops up and I recognize it (both land and cell) and I don't answer the door anymore now we have a camera (not that I did before).

I'm turning into a recluse, or should I say more of a recluse as I always have been somewhat of one. Regular Howard Hughes me.

Hedgehog 28-01-2020 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 15079834)

Exactly my philosophy. :p

ozzieEagle 28-01-2020 02:28 AM

Poker Machine venues and the people that love them.

little al 28-01-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

I don't answer them, tell them to write to me.

Bipe 28-01-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15079806)

Apologies Mr Afro but one of my pet hates is queues of cars for the pumps which match the caps on one side while the other pumps are deserted, because people don't seem to realise that the hoses can easily stretch across. Maybe that's not the case in the USA though.

Isle of Wight 28-01-2020 10:42 AM

That football boots get “better and better” and will make you into Messi.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 28-01-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 15079886)
Poker Machine venues and the people that love them.

I ******* hate them things. I'm not anti gambling I loose money on the nags as a hobby. But those things. People sit glued to them for hours you can't win on them. Have you ever seen anyone who plays them looking happy. Government get the tax pubs and clubs get shit loads of .

Vince Hilaire's Afro 28-01-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 15079916)
Apologies Mr Afro but one of my pet hates is queues of cars for the pumps which match the caps on one side while the other pumps are deserted, because people don't seem to realise that the hoses can easily stretch across. Maybe that's not the case in the USA though.

I used to stretch the pump across in England, but realized very early on that to attempt to do so here made me look like a complete ****

ExiledStirling 28-01-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 15079916)

Easily? Not my experience.

Bipe 28-01-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15080092)
Easily? Not my experience.

Yes it's quite straightforward. Unless you have an abnormally wide vehicle??

WLYWLYAWYPWF 28-01-2020 04:26 PM

Wankers taking calls on their mobile in a barbers chair when there is only one barber and three people waiting. Absolute wankstain on society.

bubbs11 28-01-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15080091)
I used to stretch the pump across in England, but realized very early on that to attempt to do so here made me look like a complete ****

The whole petrol station etiquette in the states totally threw me when I first went there. For those who don’t know, you have to go in first and tell the cashier what number your at and how much petrol you want - $60 on 4 please.

One day I did this and went to fill up but no petrol was coming out of the pump. Went back in to tell the cashier and then he’d realised he’d missed heard me and thought I said I was at pump 3. In the meantime some clever cock had somehow realised pump 3 was ‘live’ so filled up as quickly as he could, and as soon as he realised the cashier had clocked him, he drove off.

Felt bad for the cashier but he was really nice about it. Hoped he didn’t get in trouble with his boss over it.

Hedgehog 28-01-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15080660)
The whole petrol station etiquette in the states totally threw me when I first went there. For those who don’t know, you have to go in first and tell the cashier what number your at and how much petrol you want - $60 on 4 please.

I have a story from the other side... Although I should know better (I left The UK when I was 26) one time while back in England I picked up a hire car and stopped at the first petrol station to fill up. I went into the shop and gave the girl a £20 note and said something like, "£20 on 4 please". She looked at me funny and said, "You're not from around here are you?"

I have to smile every time I think of that.

ExiledStirling 28-01-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 15080436)
Yes it's quite straightforward. Unless you have an abnormally wide vehicle??

The only thing wide about my vehicle is when I am sat in it.

Maybe because they are tight gits in Scotland they go with as short a hose as possible to make it achievable and then only if you have parked in exactly the right position by the pump.

bubbs11 28-01-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15080679)
The only thing wide about my vehicle is when I am sat in it.

Maybe because they are tight gits in Scotland they go with as short a hose as possible to make it achievable and then only if you have parked in exactly the right position by the pump.

Yes, my experience up here too. No matter how close you park to the pump you still end up having to hold the nozzle turned at a weird angle to reach your cap.

It’s probably a directive from the SNP, to squirrel away the extra bits of rubber to build Hadrian’s wall back up with once they’ve won independence. The stone they were going to use to rebuild it will be used instead by the guards at the wall to smash down desperate Englishman looking to flee Boris’s England.

Ardent Eagle Forever 28-01-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Yes because you are only supposed to stretch the hose and nozzle across. You must really have ferked up the pump:supergrin:

Hedgehog 28-01-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

So I see...

https://img.wonderhowto.com/img/07/7...time.w1456.jpg

Maidstoned Eagle 28-01-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

One day I did this and went to fill up but no petrol was coming out of the pump. Went back in to tell the cashier and then he’d realised he’d missed heard me and thought I said I was at pump 3. In the meantime some clever cock had somehow realised pump 3 was ‘live’ so filled up as quickly as he could, and as soon as he realised the cashier had clocked him, he drove off.

Felt bad for the cashier but he was really nice about it. Hoped he didn’t get in trouble with his boss over it.

They do that here in Spain, especially after 9pm. Trouble was so many places would put in 50euro (for example) and the pump would stop on 49.80. Theiving bastards

TopKnot 28-01-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15080072)
I ******* hate them things. I'm not anti gambling I loose money on the nags as a hobby. But those things. People sit glued to them for hours you can't win on them. Have you ever seen anyone who plays them looking happy. Government get the tax pubs and clubs get shit loads of .

Bit like the Eastern European gangster types doing those 'which cup is the ball under' games all along Westminster bridge. Always amazes me how many people are suckered into getting involved with what is clearly and obviously a scam.

BERT'S HEAD 28-01-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15080758)
Bit like the Eastern European gangster types doing those 'which cup is the ball under' games all along Westminster bridge. Always amazes me how many people are suckered into getting involved with what is clearly and obviously a scam.

It's fun spotting the stooge that "wins" before the mugs come forward.

TopKnot 28-01-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15080761)
It's fun spotting the stooge that "wins" before the mugs come forward.

Amazingly they always seem to be swarthy hairy middle aged men wearing tracksuits/puffa coats and with heavy foreign accents, just like the ones playing the games. Incredible coincidence really.

BERT'S HEAD 28-01-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15080763)
Amazingly they always seem to be swarthy hairy middle aged men wearing tracksuits/puffa coats and with heavy foreign accents, just like the ones playing the games. Incredible coincidence really.

Just what I was thinking :D

Slimbloke'H' 28-01-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15079863)

This is my approach too.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 29-01-2020 12:07 AM

The ‘dinner’s ready’ poop. Not sure if it’s more annoying than the ‘just got out of the shower’ poop though. Or the ‘just got into the car for a long journey’ poop.

PeterH 29-01-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

It was a real disappointment to see when I visited Australia 20 years back.

Same with the huge focus on the casino in Melbourne. Think it takes the soul out of a place.

PeterH 29-01-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15081165)
The ‘dinner’s ready’ poop. Not sure if it’s more annoying than the ‘just got out of the shower’ poop though. Or the ‘just got into the car for a long journey’ poop.

Legend.

CT_Palace 29-01-2020 02:23 AM

Quote:

you must have been in the backwaters .... can't remember the last time I used a pump that didn't have a credit card reader and pin pad.

I like it here, some Haitian or Venezuelan to do the dirty work for you :lux:

CT_Palace 29-01-2020 02:27 AM

Quote:

It's not just the pokies... it's the whole betting thing in bars... I'd go for a beer with me mates and watch them spend the entire time glued to the nags on one or more of the tvs and running backwards and forwards from the betting station.

CT_Palace 29-01-2020 02:34 AM

PS on the way to the boozer we had to make the obligatory stop at the newsagents to buy the lottery tickets ("you gotta be in to win")

Maidstoned Eagle 29-01-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15081235)
It's not just the pokies... it's the whole betting thing in bars... I'd go for a beer with me mates and watch them spend the entire time glued to the nags on one or more of the tvs and running backwards and forwards from the betting station.

Tell them to either go for a beer or go for a bet.

Son of Selhurst 29-01-2020 11:56 PM

Twitter destroying careers

Isle of Wight 29-01-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Selhurst (Post 15082392)
Twitter destroying careers

What did he say that caused such a ruckus ?

mushroom 30-01-2020 12:01 AM

Cancel culture. Poor old Alastair Stewart.

CT_Palace 30-01-2020 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15081507)
Tell them to either go for a beer or go for a bet.

quite... thing is, in Oz you can do both in the same place (which, with the advent of betting applications, I suppose you can do anywhere nowadays)

Sharkba1t 30-01-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15080770)
Just what I was thinking :D

Lol. There’s always a female with them too. At least it has the shape of a woman, despite the scars and facial stubble.

NRM the 2nd 30-01-2020 08:53 AM

The panic on aeroplanes to jump up and get your bag down the second the plane gets on the stand. Jesus people your not going to get anywhere quicker

Reps AJ 30-01-2020 08:57 AM

News updates that just states the bleeding obvious.

T.C. 30-01-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may blunderer (Post 12062215)
People who try to get their train ticket to go through the barrier 10 times causing a queue behind them. If it it didn't work the previous nine times IT AIN'T GONNA WORK NOW!

:lux:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 30-01-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may blunderer (Post 12062215)
People who try to get their train ticket to go through the barrier 10 times causing a queue behind them. If it it didn't work the previous nine times IT AIN'T GONNA WORK NOW!

Just as well really because if it did work, they’d stop immediately once through the barrier to put the ticket back into their wallet. See also: people who stop at the top of the escalator to see where they’re going next

BERT'S HEAD 30-01-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15082560)

"Breaking News" that broke 12 hours earlier.

Isle of Wight 30-01-2020 12:19 PM

Voice croaking see coronavirus thread

Hedgehog 30-01-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15082560)

See my last post on the Kobe Bryant thread:

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=158

Jim Cannon 30-01-2020 08:15 PM

West Ham. Even when they are totally shit they still want to scupper our transfers

Olympian2 30-01-2020 08:48 PM

5Live’s Darren Campbell. Cannot listen to his unintelligible ramblings.

Jordan's Jacket 30-01-2020 09:03 PM

He's not as bad as Nihal whatever his name is. He sounds like an excitable 5th former trying to sound informed on an amateur radio station

Olympian2 30-01-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 15083958)
He's not as bad as Nihal whatever his name is. He sounds like an excitable 5th former trying to sound informed on an amateur radio station

True enough. I think I might already have had a moan about him a few pages back. 48 years old & trying way too hard to be 'dahn wiv da kidz'. Dickhead.

Worksop Palace 30-01-2020 09:34 PM

Oh fvcking hell do not get me started on Nihal whatever his name is. I’ve posted about him on here before

Sycophantic arsehole

Literally cannot stand the sound of his voice

Olympian2 30-01-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15084052)
Oh fvcking hell do not get me started on Nihal whatever his name is. I’ve posted about him on here before

Sycophantic arsehole

:lux::lux:

ExiledStirling 30-01-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Sycophantic arsehole

Worst presenter 5live have ever had.

His show when Poch left Spurs and how upset it had made him was so bad I was expecting the BBC to have sacked him for the 3 hours of self indulgent nonsense he served up. He has certainly added to my list of reasons for why I hate Spurs.

He is so bad that I would rather listen to Alan Green commentaries for 24 hours non stop and without a loo break than listen to a Nihal show.

Wolfnipplechips 30-01-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Sycophantic arsehole

X2

Olympian2 30-01-2020 10:20 PM

It is somewhat reassuring that despite the seemingly violent splits & factions on the BBS caused by Brexit/Benteke/packed lunches, we can all unite behind a common loathing of Nihal Whatshisname....

Worksop Palace 30-01-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15084098)
X2

I hate it when you agree with me

Thankfully it rarely happens nowadays

;)

Isle of Wight 30-01-2020 10:40 PM

The fact that every transfer window we have expectations at the start as high as Ben Nevis and end up with Shirley Hills.

art malice 30-01-2020 10:41 PM

Constant tannoy at London Bridge telling people to ‘face direction of travel’ on the escalator

TopKnot 30-01-2020 11:33 PM

People on the transfer forum who say things like ‘I’m pretty sure we arent going to sign anyone else’ as if that’s some sort of profound insight. Who cares what your gut feelings say.

dooogiepalacefc 30-01-2020 11:52 PM

People who abandon their cars in the Screwfix / Toolstation car park in Purley Way.
The inconsiderate gits park on the yellow delivery loading hatchings or just block the entrance roads just to get a few feet closer to the shops ��

Isle of Wight 31-01-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dooogiepalacefc (Post 15084295)
People who abandon their cars in the Screwfix / Toolstation car park in Purley Way.
The inconsiderate gits park on the yellow delivery loading hatchings or just block the entrance roads just to get a few feet closer to the shops ��

Don’t some prat in a souped up focus parked in a disabled bay. Yes there were loads free but that wasn’t the point. Just basic pratishness from loads of drivers I’m afraid.

CT_Palace 31-01-2020 12:05 AM

Slow walkers. Usually women.
Got stuck behind 4 of them today. I think they must have been heading back to work after lunch. I don't know how they do it.... it's like they're standing still but walking.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-01-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15084146)
It is somewhat reassuring that despite the seemingly violent splits & factions on the BBS caused by Brexit/Benteke/packed lunches, we can all unite behind a common loathing of Nihal Whatshisname....

I have no idea who y’all are talking about, but I will wholeheartedly say he sounds like a right ****

Panther 31-01-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 15084309)
Don’t some prat in a souped up focus parked in a disabled bay. Yes there were loads free but that wasn’t the point. Just basic pratishness from loads of drivers I’m afraid.

Or who park over the lines thus taking up two spaces. It takes a special kind if stupidity or arrogance to do this but still some manage it.

Isle of Wight 31-01-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 15084345)
Or who park over the lines thus taking up two spaces. It takes a special kind if stupidity or arrogance to do this but still some manage it.

Ok confession. I did this last week I parked nose to nose with a car and wandered off to grab a sarnie at the supermarket. When I came back I realised the spaces where staggered and I had indeed taken two spaces. If there was anyone about to apologise to I would have but instead slunk away and hoped no one saw :)

Pat of the Palace 31-01-2020 07:38 AM

People who drag their mini suitcases along causing a tremendous racket when they could easily be carried in silence.

in-exile 31-01-2020 07:41 AM

Brexit day!
Posting for a Wazzy wazzer friend.

Fatboy 31-01-2020 07:47 AM

23:00 tonight.

The deadline for Brexit AND the Transfer window will be a double disappointment.

Bizarro 31-01-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 15084444)
23:00 tonight.

The deadline for Brexit AND the Transfer window will be a double disappointment.

The door and window slams shut at 11pm

Reps AJ 31-01-2020 08:27 AM

Refreshing the Transfer forum on deadline day

Reps AJ 31-01-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15083439)
See my last post on the Kobe Bryant thread:

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=158

That was the story :p How on earth was it news? Of course she was devastated!

I heard it on the not-BBC radio so it's not just them

biggus mickus 31-01-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15084310)
Slow walkers. Usually women.
Got stuck behind 4 of them today. I think they must have been heading back to work after lunch. I don't know how they do it.... it's like they're standing still but walking.

Thats a fast trot in Malaga.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-01-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 15084481)
The door and window slams shut at 11pm

It’s a wonder that no one has lost their fingers after all these years of it being SLAMMED SHUT

sunshine lucas 31-01-2020 09:08 AM

People cracking their knuckles, fingers etc loudly in front of me like the tw@t sitting opposite me just has on the train. Ugh.

Jordan's Jacket 31-01-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15084095)
Worst presenter 5live have ever had.

His show when Poch left Spurs and how upset it had made him was so bad I was expecting the BBC to have sacked him for the 3 hours of self indulgent nonsense he served up. He has certainly added to my list of reasons for why I hate Spurs.

He is so bad that I would rather listen to Alan Green commentaries for 24 hours non stop and without a loo break than listen to a Nihal show.

Im all in favour of our broadcasting media to be representative of our cultural diversity (with the exception of scousers and anyone called Robbie Savage) but i do expect presenters to be mildly competent in their profession. Having the mental capacity of a 5 year old does not lend itself to compelling listening

art malice 31-01-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15084530)
It’s a wonder that no one has lost their fingers after all these years of it being SLAMMED SHUT

Darren Anderton did one year, jettisoning his move to Aston Villa

Isle of Wight 31-01-2020 11:47 AM

Apple forcing me into an update as apps cease working. I DONT WANT ******* MEMOJI that makes everything run slowly. Next stop Android.

Martin H 31-01-2020 12:36 PM

This fuffing stupid thing the Sky presenters are doing where they hold the ipad up to their faces and it selects the 'imaginary transfer destination for them'. WTF are they thinking. I know they have to talk all day about f***'all but this is pathetic even by their standards.

Hedgehog 31-01-2020 05:01 PM

Community landscapers firing up their leaf blower at 6:45am right outside our bedroom window... bastards.

(I appreciate this is probably a reasonable time if you are of the working class, but us retired people live in a different time zone)

in-exile 31-01-2020 07:09 PM

I use a leaf blower to dry the S class after washing ... all part of not touching the paintwork.

cappuccinoeagle 01-02-2020 12:12 AM

Just heard some fireworks, presumably Brexit wankers.