CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

chrisophiex 08-02-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15095241)
That Scottish (#@t on talksport between 10-1 he does the sky sports news as well the man is so bloody annoying.. the only decent ones in there are h and j...have quite a few of the palace comedians journos on there ..always decent. And Natalie Sawyer to much of a sort for radio.


Natalie Sawyer is wasted on the Jim White radio show. What’s the point of her being on ?

She never gets much opportunity to speak and chips in very rarely. She was excellent when White had a day off. Needs her own slot (o-er).

Martin H 08-02-2020 11:03 AM

Jim White - full stop.

Just awful.

Worksop Palace 08-02-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 15096707)
Natalie Sawyer is wasted on the Jim White radio show. What’s the point of her being on ?

She never gets much opportunity to speak and chips in very rarely. She was excellent when White had a day off. Needs her own slot (o-er).

She’s got a face and body that belongs on tv not radio

TopKnot 08-02-2020 12:31 PM

People wearing expensive Bose/Sennheiser/Beats headphones on top of a woolly hat that is pulled over their ears. What’s that about.

Herr Colonpharter 08-02-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15096728)
Jim White - full stop.

Just awful.


There is a clear disproportionate number of Scottish broadcasters / weather forecasters / advert voice overs / commentators etc

ChiswickEagle 08-02-2020 01:20 PM

Being asked to keep the knife and fork you use for the first course for the main course. Just don’t get it.

mushroom 08-02-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 15097226)
Being asked to keep the knife and fork you use for the first course for the main course. Just don’t get it.


Feel ya pain bro

Little Fozzie 08-02-2020 01:29 PM

The BT Sport promo clips with players shushing and pointing at the camera, folding their arms, and just generally trying to look hard. Who is this aimed at? 13 year olds?

Though I suppose that is about the intellectual level of the country these days.

Little Fozzie 08-02-2020 01:35 PM

And whilst I'm annoyed, seemingly every game being described as 'the something derby'. I've heard today's as the Allardyce derby. Last week was apparently the Warnock derby. Some twat on the bbc referred to cardiff v reading as an m4 derby.

Oldtown Eagle 08-02-2020 03:54 PM

:wallbash::wallbash:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 15097319)
And whilst I'm annoyed, seemingly every game being described as 'the something derby'. I've heard today's as the Allardyce derby. Last week was apparently the Warnock derby. Some twat on the bbc referred to cardiff v reading as an m4 derby.

M4 Derby. I heard that. :S:

Stellavista 08-02-2020 05:36 PM

F*ckers who stand at zebra crossings looking at their phones. Twats.

cappuccinoeagle 08-02-2020 10:18 PM

Things that annoy you
 
The gormless twat feeding pigeons at Elmers End station today.

Salad_Burnet 09-02-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 15097226)
Being asked to keep the knife and fork you use for the first course for the main course. Just don’t get it.

Just wipe it on your T-shirt FFS

Personally, I'm (annoyed) when they take the starter cutlery away and replace it with clean stuff.

the digger 09-02-2020 12:34 AM

Everything, currently. But me, mostly.

ChiswickEagle 09-02-2020 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 15099624)
Just wipe it on your T-shirt FFS

Personally, I'm (annoyed) when they take the starter cutlery away and replace it with clean stuff.

I didn't realise Nandos did that.

Would you drink a pint of lager out of a pint glass that you had just drank a pint of Guinness from?

bubbs11 09-02-2020 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15099498)
The gormless twat feeding pigeons at Elmers End station today.

On this note...and I may be at risk of outing myself as a gormless twat...

Me and the Mrs took my 4 yr old to the park yesterday. She’s suddenly taken an interest in the birds that fly about and congregate there after showing absolutely no interest in any animals whatsoever. So thought I’d encourage it and took a couple of loaves of bread with me so i could feed them and she could enjoy seeing them flock near us.

As I did this, an older woman in the park was walking her little pip squeak of a dog, who proceeded to bound over, start eating the bread and scare the seagulls and crows back into the sky. The woman was calling her dog back whilst I smiled at her with a friendly ‘not to worry - what can you do?’ look. The dog finally buggered off and I continued feeding the birds.

The dog returned 2 mins later but this time its owner came to retrieve it. Was totally taken aback as she started having a go at me. ‘It’s against the law to feed birds you know! ‘Is it??’ I said. ‘Yes...they’re vermin!’. I then argued that I’d never heard of such a law, but she kept repeating, ‘they’re vermin! They’re vermin!’, at which point I retorted rather childishly, ‘well so are some humans’, which kind of stopped her in her tracks. Mrs Bubbs told her it was against the park regulations to leave a dog off a leash, which I wasn’t sure was true either.

Anyway, ended up taking my daughter away as things started to get a bit heated, but now i’m left wondering...is it against the law to feed birds in the park? What kind of f**ked up society have we ended up with if this is true.

Hedgehog 09-02-2020 05:20 AM

Can you still feed the pigeons in Trafalgar Square with corn (or whatever it was) bought from a stall there?

LN1 09-02-2020 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15099685)
Can you still feed the pigeons in Trafalgar Square with corn (or whatever it was) bought from a stall there?

Probably not as they will be likely to have the Coo-rona virus?

SgtStryker 09-02-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15099685)
Can you still feed the pigeons in Trafalgar Square with corn (or whatever it was) bought from a stall there?

Nope, stopped that years ago. Bye laws in place to discourage tourists. Rats with wings.

Pat of the Palace 09-02-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 15099691)
Nope, stopped that years ago. Bye laws in place to discourage tourists. Rats with wings.

Wasn't there a sterilisation campaign too?

Maidstoned Eagle 09-02-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15099673)
On this note...and I may be at risk of outing myself as a gormless twat...

Me and the Mrs took my 4 yr old to the park yesterday. She’s suddenly taken an interest in the birds that fly about and congregate there after showing absolutely no interest in any animals whatsoever. So thought I’d encourage it and took a couple of loaves of bread with me so i could feed them and she could enjoy seeing them flock near us.

As I did this, an older woman in the park was walking her little pip squeak of a dog, who proceeded to bound over, start eating the bread and scare the seagulls and crows back into the sky. The woman was calling her dog back whilst I smiled at her with a friendly ‘not to worry - what can you do?’ look. The dog finally buggered off and I continued feeding the birds.

The dog returned 2 mins later but this time its owner came to retrieve it. Was totally taken aback as she started having a go at me. ‘It’s against the law to feed birds you know! ‘Is it??’ I said. ‘Yes...they’re vermin!’. I then argued that I’d never heard of such a law, but she kept repeating, ‘they’re vermin! They’re vermin!’, at which point I retorted rather childishly, ‘well so are some humans’, which kind of stopped her in her tracks. Mrs Bubbs told her it was against the park regulations to leave a dog off a leash, which I wasn’t sure was true either.

Anyway, ended up taking my daughter away as things started to get a bit heated, but now i’m left wondering...is it against the law to feed birds in the park? What kind of f**ked up society have we ended up with if this is true.

Its encouraging rats and other vermin, pigeons are rats with wings, remember they stipped it at Kelsey Park because they were besieged by Canadian Geese and those huge seagulls.

Worksop Palace 09-02-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15099673)
On this note...and I may be at risk of outing myself as a gormless twat...

Me and the Mrs took my 4 yr old to the park yesterday. She’s suddenly taken an interest in the birds that fly about and congregate there after showing absolutely no interest in any animals whatsoever. So thought I’d encourage it and took a couple of loaves of bread with me so i could feed them and she could enjoy seeing them flock near us.

As I did this, an older woman in the park was walking her little pip squeak of a dog, who proceeded to bound over, start eating the bread and scare the seagulls and crows back into the sky. The woman was calling her dog back whilst I smiled at her with a friendly ‘not to worry - what can you do?’ look. The dog finally buggered off and I continued feeding the birds.

The dog returned 2 mins later but this time its owner came to retrieve it. Was totally taken aback as she started having a go at me. ‘It’s against the law to feed birds you know! ‘Is it??’ I said. ‘Yes...they’re vermin!’. I then argued that I’d never heard of such a law, but she kept repeating, ‘they’re vermin! They’re vermin!’, at which point I retorted rather childishly, ‘well so are some humans’, which kind of stopped her in her tracks. Mrs Bubbs told her it was against the park regulations to leave a dog off a leash, which I wasn’t sure was true either.

Anyway, ended up taking my daughter away as things started to get a bit heated, but now i’m left wondering...is it against the law to feed birds in the park? What kind of f**ked up society have we ended up with if this is true.

It’s a sad day when we get signs up in parks asking you not to feed the dickie birds. One of life’s great moments with your toddlers. Pure innocence.

I think you did well to hold back a torrent of abuse to the silly old cow Bubbs. I’d have told her to fvck off and mind her own business and take her yappy shithouse dog with her, unless she wanted me to connect my toe end with its bell end (assuming it was a boy dog).

SgtStryker 09-02-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace (Post 15099731)
Wasn't there a sterilisation campaign too?

I think a fine for feeding is enough, bit much to sterilise the poor tourists don’t you think?

Maidstoned Eagle 09-02-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 15099795)
I think a fine for feeding is enough, bit much to sterilise the poor tourists don’t you think?

Wasn't that what Brexiteers want?

Chillo 09-02-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15099808)
Wasn't that for Brexiteers?

EFA

Chillo 09-02-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 15099813)
EFA

Actually, when I was a student, I had a collegue who thought that "all socialists should be sterilised at birth". :clown:

It was the early 80s and a number of us tried to explain how some famous politicians had 'crossed the house', but he wouldn't have it!

Yoda 09-02-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15099673)
On this note...and I may be at risk of outing myself as a gormless twat...

Me and the Mrs took my 4 yr old to the park yesterday. She’s suddenly taken an interest in the birds that fly about and congregate there after showing absolutely no interest in any animals whatsoever. So thought I’d encourage it and took a couple of loaves of bread with me so i could feed them and she could enjoy seeing them flock near us.

As I did this, an older woman in the park was walking her little pip squeak of a dog, who proceeded to bound over, start eating the bread and scare the seagulls and crows back into the sky. The woman was calling her dog back whilst I smiled at her with a friendly ‘not to worry - what can you do?’ look. The dog finally buggered off and I continued feeding the birds.

The dog returned 2 mins later but this time its owner came to retrieve it. Was totally taken aback as she started having a go at me. ‘It’s against the law to feed birds you know! ‘Is it??’ I said. ‘Yes...they’re vermin!’. I then argued that I’d never heard of such a law, but she kept repeating, ‘they’re vermin! They’re vermin!’, at which point I retorted rather childishly, ‘well so are some humans’, which kind of stopped her in her tracks. Mrs Bubbs told her it was against the park regulations to leave a dog off a leash, which I wasn’t sure was true either.

Anyway, ended up taking my daughter away as things started to get a bit heated, but now i’m left wondering...is it against the law to feed birds in the park? What kind of f**ked up society have we ended up with if this is true.

It’s a matter of balance.

The only problem I have with your story is that you took ‘a couple of loaves of bread’ with you for this.

It’s too much and when you multiply this by numerous visitors throughout the day, then there is excess that results in supporting too many species such as pigeons and rats. That then is harmful to the birds you were enjoying....although bread isn’t a great diet for them.

Kelsey Park became overrun with geese and vermin, the paths by the popular feeding spots were a disgusting mess of their poop. Not pleasant for young kids to walk through.

I appreciate it can be a lovely bit of wildlife engagement for your child and maybe park keepers wouldn’t have had to introduce a total ban if parents had restricted the feeding to a couple of slices per visit.

bubbs11 09-02-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 15099795)
I think a fine for feeding is enough, bit much to sterilise the poor tourists don’t you think?

Foreigners do breed like rabbits though.

Worksop Palace 09-02-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 15099822)
It’s a matter of balance.

The only problem I have with your story is that you took ‘a couple of loaves of bread’ with you for this.

It’s too much and when you multiply this by numerous visitors throughout the day, then there is excess that results in supporting too many species such as pigeons and rats. That then is harmful to the birds you were enjoying....although bread isn’t a great diet for them.

Kelsey Park became overrun with geese and vermin, the paths by the popular feeding spots were a disgusting mess of their poop. Not pleasant for young kids to walk through.

I appreciate it can be a lovely bit of wildlife engagement for your child and maybe park keepers wouldn’t have had to introduce a total ban if parents had restricted the feeding to a couple of slices per visit.

First world problems. Walking around goose shit.

Yoda 09-02-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15099888)
First world problems. Walking around goose shit.

Indeed, but Bubbs wanted to know why the feeding is banned (in some parks at least), and you’ve chosen to pick up on one reason amongst many.

Worksop Palace 09-02-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 15099909)
Indeed, but Bubbs wanted to know why the feeding is banned (in some parks at least), and you’ve chosen to pick up on one reason amongst many.

Geese gotta shit somewhere

Nostrils 09-02-2020 01:47 PM

Setting up a subwoofer to an amplifier. Why do they think it's a good idea to have so many settings? Then you have to check the telly as well and maybe change those settings ffs. The last amp I just plugged in and made a cuppa, these days you need a PHD in media setup. I just want to plug it in and adjust the bass, treble etc... not all filters this and bollox that.

All I wanted was a drop of Sunday dub for an hour or so. RAGE. FURY etc...

Stellavista 09-02-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15100066)
Setting up a subwoofer to an amplifier. Why do they think it's a good idea to have so many settings? Then you have to check the telly as well and maybe change those settings ffs. The last amp I just plugged in and made a cuppa, these days you need a PHD in media setup. I just want to plug it in and adjust the bass, treble etc... not all filters this and bollox that.

All I wanted was a drop of Sunday dub for an hour or so. RAGE. FURY etc...

All that to listen to Phil Collins and Nana Mouskouri.

Nostrils 09-02-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15100410)
All that to listen to Phil Collins and Nana Mouskouri.

:D

I found out how to reset the amp, nothing in the manual, but good ol' youtube.

As tempting as Phil and Nana are, I went for a d&b remix of Ganja Smuggling to really test it out. There's something very funny about that mix as well.

Oldtown Eagle 09-02-2020 08:32 PM

I am not a complete Luddite, but just purchased a new TV and subscribed to Netflix which is unavailable on our iPads because they are incompatible. Apple must be the richest co in the world and I feel shafted.

Kinzman 09-02-2020 09:50 PM

Since when is Netflix incompatible with iPads??

Oldtown Eagle 09-02-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinzman (Post 15100541)
Since when is Netflix incompatible with iPads??

My iPad too old to receive updates and something about IOS 12.

CT_Palace 09-02-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15099673)
On this note...and I may be at risk of outing myself as a gormless twat...

Me and the Mrs took my 4 yr old to the park yesterday. She’s suddenly taken an interest in the birds that fly about and congregate there after showing absolutely no interest in any animals whatsoever. So thought I’d encourage it and took a couple of loaves of bread with me so i could feed them and she could enjoy seeing them flock near us.

As I did this, an older woman in the park was walking her little pip squeak of a dog, who proceeded to bound over, start eating the bread and scare the seagulls and crows back into the sky. The woman was calling her dog back whilst I smiled at her with a friendly ‘not to worry - what can you do?’ look. The dog finally buggered off and I continued feeding the birds.

The dog returned 2 mins later but this time its owner came to retrieve it. Was totally taken aback as she started having a go at me. ‘It’s against the law to feed birds you know! ‘Is it??’ I said. ‘Yes...they’re vermin!’. I then argued that I’d never heard of such a law, but she kept repeating, ‘they’re vermin! They’re vermin!’, at which point I retorted rather childishly, ‘well so are some humans’, which kind of stopped her in her tracks. Mrs Bubbs told her it was against the park regulations to leave a dog off a leash, which I wasn’t sure was true either.

Anyway, ended up taking my daughter away as things started to get a bit heated, but now i’m left wondering...is it against the law to feed birds in the park? What kind of f**ked up society have we ended up with if this is true.

was it plastic sliced white? I can't imagine that's very good for yer average goose especially 2 loaves of it! Now a nice bit of crusty rye....

Stellavista 09-02-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15100742)
was it plastic sliced white? I can't imagine that's very good for yer average goose especially 2 loaves of it! Now a nice bit of crusty rye....

I can heartily recommend a length of piano wire and a hot oven.

Wolfnipplechips 10-02-2020 12:04 AM

Five Guys.

Took the young shaver to Bluewater this afternoon.

Two small burgers, one small chips and two sodas. Over £23.

Won’t be going back again. Rip off.

BERT'S HEAD 10-02-2020 12:12 PM

Ken - 60 years on the cobbles, now kicked out and forced into a retirement home.

Slimbloke'H' 10-02-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15099830)
Foreigners do breed like rabbits though.

In burrows under the ground?

CP-RJW 10-02-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15099734)
Its encouraging rats and other vermin, pigeons are rats with wings, remember they stipped it at Kelsey Park because they were besieged by Canadian Geese and those huge seagulls.

They’re still everywhere in Kelsey Park.

Son of Selhurst 10-02-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15100751)
Five Guys.

Took the young shaver to Bluewater this afternoon.

Two small burgers, one small chips and two sodas. Over £23.

Won’t be going back again. Rip off.

Five Guys 'small' chips is worth £23 on their own!

pallet 10-02-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15100751)
Five Guys.

Took the young shaver to Bluewater this afternoon.

Two small burgers, one small chips and two sodas. Over £23.

Won’t be going back again. Rip off.

Dont ever go to Shake Shack

Maidstoned Eagle 10-02-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15101427)
They’re still everywhere in Kelsey Park.

I shall tell Les, he was wondering where they went.

Selhurst Celtic 10-02-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace (Post 15099731)
Wasn't there a sterilisation campaign too?

There was an unofficial campaign for site workers to wreck pigeon & seagull nests up town. Then it was discovered that it's actually a little bit toxic, a little bit cruel and that there should be rules about such things.

Worksop Palace 10-02-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15100751)
Five Guys.

Took the young shaver to Bluewater this afternoon.

Two small burgers, one small chips and two sodas. Over £23.

Won’t be going back again. Rip off.

Did you not stop to peruse the menu prior to entering the establishment?

Danny_Cheviot 10-02-2020 07:13 PM

Hotel shower valves with 2 settings:

Artic Blast or Fires from Hell.

chateauferret 10-02-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot (Post 15101499)
Hotel shower valves with 2 settings:

Artic Blast or Fires from Hell.

The ones that piss me off are the ones whose pressure settings are Feeble Dribble and if you turn it down you get Palace Attack.

Wolfnipplechips 10-02-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15101485)
Did you not stop to peruse the menu prior to entering the establishment?

Yes. But we’d already been refused entry to the cinema to watch 1917.

Apparently it’s a 15 and the lad is 13... almost old enough to fight in the bloody thing.

Worksop Palace 10-02-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15101568)
Yes. But we’d already been refused entry to the cinema to watch 1917.

Apparently it’s a 15 and the lad is 13... almost old enough to fight in the bloody thing.

You didn’t get much right did you ?

:D

PeterH 11-02-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15100751)
Five Guys.

Took the young shaver to Bluewater this afternoon.

Two small burgers, one small chips and two sodas. Over £23.

Won’t be going back again. Rip off.

OUCH

CK 11-02-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15100751)
Five Guys.

Took the young shaver to Bluewater this afternoon.

Two small burgers, one small chips and two sodas. Over £23.

Won’t be going back again. Rip off.

"Sodas" Yank shit terms??

Hedgehog 11-02-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 15102293)
"Sodas" Yank shit terms??

At least he didn't call the chips "fries"...

PIE "N" MASH 11-02-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 15102293)
"Sodas" Yank shit terms??

Repped:lux:

Worksop Palace 11-02-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 15102293)
"Sodas" Yank shit terms??

Missed that

Deserves to be ripped off

Maidstoned Eagle 11-02-2020 07:32 PM

People using poncey burger bars and then moaning about the prices. Go to a bloody Wimpy.

Blind_Eagle 11-02-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15099734)
Its encouraging rats and other vermin, pigeons are rats with wings, remember they stipped it at Kelsey Park because they were besieged by Canadian Geese and those huge seagulls.

It’s a small but important point, they are Canada geese.

PIE "N" MASH 11-02-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15102329)
People using poncey burger bars and then moaning about the prices. Go to a bloody Wimpy.

That's over priced crap,well the one in Billericay is:veryangry

PALACEWU 11-02-2020 08:40 PM

Wimpy ain't cheap but it's a mighty fine burger.

BERT'S HEAD 11-02-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 15102369)
Wimpy ain't cheap but it's a mighty fine burger.

The Bender Brunch was filling.

Worksop Palace 11-02-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15102374)
The Bender Brunch was filling.

Should you be on the Philip Schofield thread ?

Wolfnipplechips 11-02-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 15102293)
"Sodas" Yank shit terms??

My bad....

Stavros 69 11-02-2020 09:04 PM

Cyclists not stopping at zebra crossings.

Davy64 11-02-2020 10:39 PM

Back seat drivers

Chrissayy 11-02-2020 10:49 PM

Five Guys definitely not worth the money but nowadays which fast food burger chain is? Maccy's was only decent when it cost a few quid, now it's nearly 10 for an actual meal, may as well go to a real restaurant. Have given up and just make my own smash burgers at home now, piece of piss to do, cheap, and even taste better.

CP-RJW 11-02-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrissayy (Post 15102409)
Five Guys definitely not worth the money but nowadays which fast food burger chain is? Maccy's was only decent when it cost a few quid, now it's nearly 10 for an actual meal, may as well go to a real restaurant. Have given up and just make my own smash burgers at home now, piece of piss to do, cheap, and even taste better.

If you want chicken burgers, Morley’s does the job.

OLD BASING EAGLE 11-02-2020 11:35 PM

Potholes and the local agencies inability to fix them correctly. Had a big one in the village which was “repaired” last week and has started to break up again already. Grrrrrrrr!

Stellavista 12-02-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15102388)
Cyclists not stopping at zebra crossings.

That's a total piss off. And those who regard red lights as a suggestion and indicating as an irrelevance. The number of cyclists who cannot indicate without wobbling all over the place is astonishing.

Maidstoned Eagle 12-02-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15102716)
That's a total piss off. And those who regard red lights as a suggestion and indicating as an irrelevance. The number of cyclists who cannot indicate without wobbling all over the place is astonishing.

But apparently its ok because some car drivers do it as well.

Maidstoned Eagle 12-02-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 15102369)
Wimpy ain't cheap but it's a mighty fine burger.

Do they still do a half pounder in a wholemeal bun?

WLYWLYAWYPWF 12-02-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15102388)
Cyclists not stopping at zebra crossings.

Add cyclists with no lights and no hi viz driving in the dark. More and more of them. Absolute :jerkit:s of the highest order.

Maidstoned Eagle 12-02-2020 01:00 PM

Wait til Stephek see's this, you'll all be sorry then.

Sharkba1t 12-02-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15101529)
The ones that piss me off are the ones whose pressure settings are Feeble Dribble and if you turn it down you get Palace Attack.

is there a Benteke version? slightly less than a feeble dribble, but aimed in the wrong direction

Stellavista 12-02-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15102734)
But apparently its ok because some car drivers do it as well.

It's not, and in London lots of drivers and moped riders are just as guilty.

Maidstoned Eagle 12-02-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15102771)
It's not, and in London lots of drivers and moped riders are just as guilty.

Mopeds....dont get me started on ******* mopeds.

Maidstoned Eagle 12-02-2020 01:21 PM

Linea Directa (Spanish branch of Direct Line insurance) informing us that the "flood damage" part of their household insurance policy, does not cover flood damaged caused by rain......

Martin H 12-02-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15102779)
Linea Directa (Spanish branch of Direct Line insurance) informing us that the "flood damage" part of their household insurance policy, does not cover flood damaged caused by rain......

Have a not dissimilar response from our insurers. They seem to be saying our roof wouldn't have been at risk of collapsing if it had been built correctly. So it's a faulty design/workmanship issue and therefore not insured. So the implication being that I should go back to the builder. As the house was built over 40 years ago and by some fluke he lives around the corner it's of little use because he is in his mid 80's and probably a little past the point where he can bob up and fix it or has any cash to pay for it. So when your gable wall starts to move away from the rest of the house don't expect your insurance to cover it. Apparently its covered if a plane crashes into it. So does that make the fuffing huge premium worthwhile then? Errrm would take my chances on the plane I reckon. Even then they might think to say you only get half because only half of it would have fallen down otherwise. ....anyone got a plane they don't need anymore?

Penstone Eagle 12-02-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE (Post 15102442)
Potholes and the local agencies inability to fix them correctly. Had a big one in the village which was “repaired” last week and has started to break up again already. Grrrrrrrr!

We had one outside our house which was not only quite large but deep too.

It was reported by a few of us but nothing happened. So I reported it again and said a cyclist had fallen off because of it and I had offered to be a witness.

Repaired the next day.

Stavros 69 12-02-2020 06:24 PM

People who shower (in public changing rooms) with the door open.
There’s a door on the fecking shower, just close it.
No one wants to look at you.

Stavros 69 12-02-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15102716)
That's a total piss off. And those who regard red lights as a suggestion and indicating as an irrelevance. The number of cyclists who cannot indicate without wobbling all over the place is astonishing.

I almost got taken out by a cyclist last night in the way home.
I was half way across one side of the road and the cyclist decided to try and squeeze between me and the centre bollard.
He got the bird.

adrenalin john 12-02-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15102940)
I almost got taken out by a cyclist last night in the way home.
I was half way across one side of the road and the cyclist decided to try and squeeze between me and the centre bollard.
He got the bird.

Poor luv. Were you holding hands? Is she OK?

OLD BASING EAGLE 12-02-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle (Post 15102796)
We had one outside our house which was not only quite large but deep too.

It was reported by a few of us but nothing happened. So I reported it again and said a cyclist had fallen off because of it and I had offered to be a witness.

Repaired the next day.

Exactly this, ours was reported months ago but it wasn’t until the claims for damaged cars started rolling in that anything was done about it. Spoke to an RAC guy who was changing a woman’s damaged wheel and he said he was aware of at least half a dozen cars that had smashed wheels or suspension on that pothole alone.

Hedgehog 12-02-2020 10:17 PM

When I got my new vehicle about 18 months ago, I had it for about two weeks and had 275 miles on the clock. At a signal, the car in front of me pulled away and kicked a lump of concrete/tarmac from the breaking up edge of a pot hole up into my front grill and across the bonnet. Got it fixed on my insurance less the $500.00 deductible. Didn't seem to effect my premium, but bloody annoying all around.

CP-RJW 12-02-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15102939)
People who shower (in public changing rooms) with the door open.
There’s a door on the fecking shower, just close it.
No one wants to look at you.

Exhibitionists in gym changing rooms. Get your cock out by all means, but don’t stroll around the room for no reason.

Also the cringy mugs who spend 5 minutes taking shirtless mirror photos.

TopKnot 13-02-2020 12:51 AM

This bellend in the sky Vegas ads, with the awful shite fake American accent

http://limemanagement.tv/wp-content/.../Paul-real.jpg

KYLIE MINEAGLE 13-02-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15103167)
Exhibitionists in gym changing rooms. Get :eek: but don’t stroll around the room for no reason.

Also the cringy mugs who spend 5 minutes taking shirtless mirror photos.

Oh er missus.

Maz 13-02-2020 09:22 AM

Dumb breakfast news.

Talking about the bombing, 75 years ago - “90% of Dresden was decimated” !!

:wallbash:

KYLIE MINEAGLE 13-02-2020 09:27 AM

Most people have no clue what decimated means.

CK 13-02-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15103302)
Most people have no clue what decimated means.

Is that the 90 or the 10 percent:)

Adlerhorst 13-02-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 15103306)
Is that the 90 or the 10 percent:)

The 90% really ought to, as from the origin of the term the 90% had to eliminate the 10%. Military dictatorships 2000 years ago were brutal in a way we simply cannot comprehend.

Danny_Cheviot 13-02-2020 09:56 AM

Cash Machines that display: "Would you like to see your balance before you proceed"?

Would you like to see the effect a can of petrol and a blow torch has on a digital screen and aluminium keyboard?

Maidstoned Eagle 13-02-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot (Post 15103320)
Cash Machines that display: "Would you like to see your balance before you proceed"?

Would you like to see the effect a can of petrol and a blow torch has on a digital screen and aluminium keyboard?

Try getting charged to see your balance like they do here in Spain

Maidstoned Eagle 13-02-2020 12:22 PM

That it appears another no talent twat has got himself splashed all over the papers and social media, for being a complete wanker.

Hedgehog 13-02-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15103302)
Most people have no clue what decimated means.

It's when they changed over from Pounds, Shillings and Pence isn't it?

Olympian2 13-02-2020 12:27 PM

Tesco self-service check outs that feel the need to remind me - every shop - that 'All your Tesco points add up'.

stevek 13-02-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15103302)
Most people have no clue what decimated means.

People who don't understand that the meaning of words change over time. ;)

stevek 13-02-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15102734)
But apparently its ok because some car drivers do it as well.

People who completely misrepresent other people's arguments.

Stavros 69 13-02-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15103167)
Exhibitionists in gym changing rooms. Get your cock out by all means, but don’t stroll around the room for no reason.

Also the cringy mugs who spend 5 minutes taking shirtless mirror photos.

I had this guy the other day who once finished his shower with the door wide open, brought his bottle of oil out and proceeded to cover himself in it, with this odd smug look on his face. He just freaked me out so much.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.