CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Hedgehog 23-02-2020 06:26 PM

I'm pretty sure I've done this one before, but why do electronic bank transfers have to only take place during business days (maybe even hours)?

I appreciate this may not be true of all banks or accounts, but it is true in the case of my Capital One saving account. Requested a transfer Friday evening, and it comes back that it is scheduled for Monday 24th, and then take 3 business days to become available at the receiving bank.

Seems the whole point of Internet banking and electronic transfers is to eliminate the need for such restrictions.

chateauferret 23-02-2020 08:21 PM

Because systems are updated and data exchanged between institutions in batch runs during closed hours and not normally in real time.

ob13 23-02-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15113269)
I'm pretty sure I've done this one before, but why do electronic bank transfers have to only take place during business days (maybe even hours)?

I appreciate this may not be true of all banks or accounts, but it is true in the case of my Capital One saving account. Requested a transfer Friday evening, and it comes back that it is scheduled for Monday 24th, and then take 3 business days to become available at the receiving bank.

Seems the whole point of Internet banking and electronic transfers is to eliminate the need for such restrictions.

Just you i think!a few months ago i transferred a large wedge on a Sunday morning to buy my Norton after leaving a deposit when viewing saturday evening, and then bloke delivered for me once he recieved in his account,took less than an hour.

Hedgehog 23-02-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15113332)
Because systems are updated and data exchanged between institutions in batch runs during closed hours and not normally in real time.

I'm sure that's the reason transactions seem to happen during the night and appear the next morning. I can see the logic in this, but not the logic in nothing happening during the weekend (plus a holiday if one falls on a Monday), and why it still takes an additional 3 days for the receiving bank to release the funds when the releasing bank would not have allowed the transfer to take place if there was insufficient funds.

I appreciate people don't want to work weekends/holidays, but we are talking major world wide corporations here that must run 24/7 and be staffed accordingly. A computer does not care what day of the week it is and surely can be programmed to do this stuff on auto pilot.

It all seems a bit of a hangover from bricks and mortar banking days.

Joe85 24-02-2020 12:06 AM

Orthostatic Hypotension. I think thatís how itís spelt anyway.

Woke up on 3 hours kip after watching the Fury fight to go for a piss and started feeling light headed, next thing I remember is my face smashing into the sink and blacking out on the bathroom floor.

Got a lovely gash on the forehead to take to work on Monday. **** sake.

chateauferret 24-02-2020 12:17 AM

Well, computers can only process things and move data about according to the available computing power and bandwidth. The bottleneck is the clearing house, which means the Bank of England here, the Federal Reserve in the US, and so on. Banks can process whenever they want but they can only access the clearing system on the terms it offers; there are various sevices and some of them (like CHAPS) are faster than others and charge corresponding and prices (CHAPS is expensive, BACS is cheap) and not all banks are signed up to the same ones (not all use Faster Payments for instance). But the bottom line is that if the clearing service isn't open then banks can't settle until it is.

Wolfnipplechips 24-02-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 15113540)
Orthostatic Hypotension. I think that’s how it’s spelt anyway.

Woke up on 3 hours kip after watching the Fury fight to go for a piss and started feeling light headed, next thing I remember is my face smashing into the sink and blacking out on the bathroom floor.

It’s just another example of where you should have kept your lid on.

BERT'S HEAD 24-02-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 15113540)
Orthostatic Hypotension. I think thatís how itís spelt anyway.

My sympathies, but admit it - it was a Bollocky straightener yesterday wasn't it ?

Joe85 24-02-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15113552)
My sympathies, but admit it - it was a Bollocky straightener yesterday wasn't it ?

To be fair, both. Bills ďstraightenersĒ donít normally result in cuts and bruises.

Joe85 24-02-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15113549)
Itís just another example of where you should have kept your lid on.

:D

Reps AJ 24-02-2020 08:42 AM

Lazy, ungrateful know-it-alls who think the world revolves around them. Or teenagers as they're sometimes known.

norwoodeagle 24-02-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15113623)
Lazy, ungrateful know-it-alls who think the world revolves around them. Or teenagers as they're sometimes known.

Allied to their sense of entitlement and a world in which they are the centre of everything.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 24-02-2020 09:11 AM

I know a lot of supposed grown ups who are like this.

stamford triumph 24-02-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwoodeagle (Post 15113638)
Allied to their sense of entitlement and a world in which they are the centre of everything.

Of course, they should be eternally grateful for the wonderful world and great future we have made for them.

Reps AJ 24-02-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford triumph (Post 15113662)
Of course, they should be eternally grateful for the wonderful world and great future we have made for them.

I think you're trying to be clever and allude to a thought process that extends beyond the playstation

davech 24-02-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwoodeagle (Post 15113638)

Enough about Harry and Meghan (aka Ginge and The Whinge) already....

stamford triumph 24-02-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15113666)
I think you're trying to be clever and allude to a thought process that extends beyond the playstation

You can learn a lot about life through Grand Theft Auto.

Brett 24-02-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15113386)
A computer does not care what day of the week it is and surely can be programmed to do this stuff on auto pilot.

Couple of things, Bob. One is that you need support in case the systems run into problems. Overnight when people are sleeping is best because you can limit the impact but it does narrow down and make more expensive your coverage.

The second is data integrity. Banking servers are incredibly powerful and have a ton of redundancy but until we get to quantum computing, there is not the power + redundancy + leeway to risk systems being updated outside of a defined and structured process. This is why batch work happened at night and generally all other inputs are barred (or at the very least, held in a queue, which can bring its own issues with integrity and reconciliation).

It's possible things could improve within the current scope of tech but banks don't like regulation, particularly American banks, and banks are risk averse. Inter banking efficiency is tacked to the worst performing component, and some banks will have systems dating back 50 years and have no plans to upgrade any time soon.

Prince Phillip 24-02-2020 01:56 PM

Grown adults wearing parkas with a fur trimmed hood. I don't know if it's Ronnie Radford or Ready Brek, but it's always been a youths' garment to me.

Selhurst Celtic 24-02-2020 02:08 PM

Phone drones have been done to death on this thread, but the increase of phone drones shuffling along glued to their phone in inappropriate places has increased.
I've got to get from Waterloo East to Waterloo station each morning to get a train. I'm a fast walker. I'm finding my route is often blocked by these zombies staring at the phone & walking at a snail's pace along the concourse and over the connecting bridge. It's usually Facebook or Instagram they're viewing as I've started looking at their devices as I attempt to navigate by them.
What if everyone started to nudge people who did this to try & knock the phone out of their hands? If everyone did this, people would soon realise that they need to step aside to use their phone instead of creating bottlenecks & blockages to other commuters.

Hedgehog 24-02-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 15113796)
Couple of things, Bob. One is that you need support in case the systems run into problems. Overnight when people are sleeping is best because you can limit the impact but it does narrow down and make more expensive your coverage.

The second is data integrity. Banking servers are incredibly powerful and have a ton of redundancy but until we get to quantum computing, there is not the power + redundancy + leeway to risk systems being updated outside of a defined and structured process. This is why batch work happened at night and generally all other inputs are barred (or at the very least, held in a queue, which can bring its own issues with integrity and reconciliation).

It's possible things could improve within the current scope of tech but banks don't like regulation, particularly American banks, and banks are risk averse. Inter banking efficiency is tacked to the worst performing component, and some banks will have systems dating back 50 years and have no plans to upgrade any time soon.

Thank you for the detailed response Brett. I guess I've watched too many movies or read too many books where the bad guy gets the money transferred into an offshore account instantly!

Sounds like reading between your lines that the banking world has to cater to the lowest denominator when it comes to computer activity. The technology is there, but not all banks have it, or could handle it.

As a side note, I did see the money left donor account over night. Now I have to wait 3 business days for it to show up in the receiving account - I'm still not sure I understand why this is.... Brett?

Prince Phillip 24-02-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15113821)
Phone drones have been done to death on this thread, but the increase of phone drones shuffling along glued to their phone in inappropriate places has increased.
I've got to get from Waterloo East to Waterloo station each morning to get a train. I'm a fast walker. I'm finding my route is often blocked by these zombies staring at the phone & walking at a snail's pace along the concourse and over the connecting bridge. It's usually Facebook or Instagram they're viewing as I've started looking at their devices as I attempt to navigate by them.What if everyone started to nudge people who did this to try & knock the phone out of their hands? If everyone did this, people would soon realise that they need to step aside to use their phone instead of creating bottlenecks & blockages to other commuters.

At transport hubs or stops, I mostly find the drones like to look at transport apps to give them an "edge" on their fellow commuters by knowing exactly where "their" next train or bus is. In my experience these apps have little or no advantage over the traditional method of staring into space and hoping. But I suppose they think it gives them a better chance to get their favourite seat, put their rucksack on the one next to it and then open up their Itsu stinkpot after the utterly unnecessary "how are you?" call home.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-02-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15113807)
Grown adults wearing parkas with a fur trimmed hood. I don't know if it's Ronnie Radford or Ready Brek, but it's always been a youths' garment to me.

So I have to stop being a Mod because I'm 54? **** you, and the horse you rode in on.

Stellavista 24-02-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15114022)
So I have to stop being a Mod because I'm 54? **** you, and the horse you rode in on.

I think it's even simpler than that. They're warm and comfortable. Now, if only they did them in beige for the aged.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-02-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15114059)
I think it's even simpler than that. They're warm and comfortable. Now, if only they did them in beige for the aged.

https://www.woolrich.eu/dw/image/v2/...0108-NUT_0.jpg

WLYWLYAWYPWF 24-02-2020 07:27 PM

Stupid people on The Chase.

Salad_Burnet 24-02-2020 07:41 PM

The "Things that make you Happy" thread is turning into Facebook hell.

bourne man 24-02-2020 07:53 PM

Hindsight
Too many posters on here are so smart after the event

Stellavista 24-02-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15114094)

Why did I know you'd Google that. :)

KYLIE MINEAGLE 24-02-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 15114098)
Stupid people on The Chase.

Over here in the main they are teachers.:eek:

Maidstoned Eagle 25-02-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15114142)
Why did I know you'd Google that. :)

Because you have wisdom beyond your years.

Prince Phillip 25-02-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

I'll make an exception if it means you don't wear that brown leather Biggles abomination you used to have.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-02-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15114597)
I'll make an exception if it means you don't wear that brown leather Biggles abomination you used to have.

Biggus now has that brown leather Biggles abomination.

Hedgehog 25-02-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Does Les know you are telling people you are a Mod?

Hedgehog 25-02-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15113963)
As a side note, I did see the money left donor account over night. Now I have to wait 3 business days for it to show up in the receiving account - I'm still not sure I understand why this is.... Brett?

To be fair, and for truth in reporting, I see the money showed up in the receiving bank overnight (Monday night/Tuesday morning), and although shows as pending is also showing as available.

So it actually only took one business day, or 3 days total if you include the weekend.

I assume they say it could take 3 business days to cover themselves, and anything less is a bonus.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-02-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15114931)
Does Les know you are telling people you are a Mod?

How do you know I'm not Les, pretending to be me, pretending to be a mod?

Hedgehog 25-02-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15114949)

I took you more as Dave's alter ego...

And you don't put "Eh" at the end of every sentence.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 26-02-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15114949)

Have you got a Lambretta.?

Maidstoned Eagle 26-02-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15115485)
Have you got a Lambretta.?

I got the whole group up stairs.

Since 1968 26-02-2020 07:38 AM

Customer service centres particularly Currys PC World. Ordered online gas hob and hood to be delivered on a Saturday, paid for the privilege, they didn't arrive and no communication. Rang up on the Sunday to cancel, they said some problem with payment, that's why no delivery, nevermind just cancel everything, had e mail to confirm cancellation and no payment would be taken.
2 days later, they take £720 from my credit card, despite at least 6 calls to them, still no refund, one item has been delivered, I told them its not mine and come and pick it up. Then a call trying to arrange delivery of other item by now my blood is starting to boil.
I have quoted Section 75 of the Consumer Act and they are a bunch of thieves, still no refund.

art malice 27-02-2020 03:13 PM

The level of VAT FFS

cappuccinoeagle 27-02-2020 07:54 PM

The arsewipe smoking on the train- luckily the alarm didnít go off. His excuse, there were only adults in the carriage. C- unit.

Brett 27-02-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15113963)

Depends on US money laundering laws - the other thing I forgot to add was sometimes waiting days are baked in by law. The US still does a lot of this stuff by hand and is generally way behind Europe in banking tech.

Brett 27-02-2020 08:55 PM

Office365 - had it a month and email has been broken for a total of half that time.

Still, it allows my employer to get rid of IT staff and outsource the remainder to Bangalore, so who really cares about productivity (not management, as they snort coke off a hooker's tits through the wads of £50 notes they got for their 'headcount reduction bonus')?

pallet 27-02-2020 09:23 PM

Boyfriend drama with my daugther. Want to kill the little barstard.

Blind_Eagle 28-02-2020 08:03 PM

I’m currently getting the right cob on over the stupidity of the BBC talking about the river Avon being in flood.

Avon means river. So telling us that the river “river” is in flood hardly helps narrow things down.

CT_Palace 28-02-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 15116993)
Depends on US money laundering laws - the other thing I forgot to add was sometimes waiting days are baked in by law. The US still does a lot of this stuff by hand and is generally way behind Europe in banking tech.

check books :eek:

CP-RJW 28-02-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15117015)
Boyfriend drama with my daugther. Want to kill the little barstard.

The parents of every girlfriend I’ve ever had. Nosy, annoying fvckers.

Stavros 69 29-02-2020 12:46 AM

Power cuts. Just had one. Now got to reset the fooking clocks.

Hedgehog 29-02-2020 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15118116)
Power cuts. Just had one. Now got to reset the fooking clocks.

Wait a few weeks, you will have to reset them again for the time change!

(We do it here next weekend, I know it's a bit later in The UK)

cappuccinoeagle 29-02-2020 09:45 PM

Watford winning, canít stand em.

PIE "N" MASH 01-03-2020 03:42 PM

Buying an exhaust for me Chaly,then to find it doesn't fit.Not even close.
Now the aggro of returning it to Belgium:wallbash::wallbash:

fang 01-03-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 15121019)
Buying an exhaust for me Chaly,then to find it doesn't fit.Not even close.
Now the aggro of returning it to Belgium:wallbash::wallbash:

You drive a Challenger tank?

PIE "N" MASH 01-03-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 15121085)
You drive a Challenger tank?

Not quite :D

https://i.postimg.cc/mZSw0PRH/20190620-143320.jpg

Roughly the same speed mind:p

fang 01-03-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 15121153)
Not quite :D

https://i.postimg.cc/mZSw0PRH/20190620-143320.jpg

Roughly the same speed mind:p

:D

Hedgehog 01-03-2020 06:20 PM

Weather forecast when going to bed... rain starting at 2:00am, continuing through 2:00pm today.

Get up this morning to bone dry conditions and now blazing sunshine.

I understand the frailties of weather forecasting, but to get it so wrong a few hours prior seems a bit rum. And they expect me to believe the 10 day forecast!

davech 01-03-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15121173)
Weather forecast when going to bed... rain starting at 2:00am, continuing through 2:00pm today.

I understand the frailties of weather forecasting, but to get it so wrong a few hours prior seems a bit rum. And they expect me to believe the 10 day forecast!

Need to check the pine cones and the crabs on the beach...

Martin H 01-03-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15121173)

Tbf that does start with Once upon a time ..... doesn’t it? :)

Joe85 01-03-2020 06:30 PM

Iíve never watched ďStrike BackĒ on Sky. But itís trailer annoys me.

Hedgehog 01-03-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 15121176)
Need to check the pine cones and the crabs on the beach...

And whether the cows are sitting or standing.

Or if my Dad's knee is acting up, which might be hard as he died 25 years ago...

CT_Palace 01-03-2020 08:16 PM

Often a bane for users of this thread: adverts on tv. Except not a specific ad, but ads in general. I swear to god I am into the 10th minute of this particular ad break, they're on the 3rd repeat of up and coming shows (the channel is AMC).
I have no qualms whatsoever ripping these twats off and illegally downloading anything that I really want to watch. I pay a fortune for cable and still have to watch endless ads.
Piss taking bastards

CT_Palace 01-03-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15121298)
Often a bane for users of this thread: adverts on tv. Except not a specific ad, but ads in general. I swear to god I am into the 10th minute of this particular ad break, they're on the 3rd repeat of up and coming shows (the channel is AMC).
I have no qualms whatsoever ripping these twats off and illegally downloading anything that I really want to watch. I pay a fortune for cable and still have to watch endless ads.
Piss taking bastards

There's about 10 mins of the movie left and they're at it again. The movie ran for approx 30 mins without a break. I noted the time when the ads started this time - 16:47, and back to the movie at 17:08.

Polak 02-03-2020 08:43 AM

Stupid Alexa advert where a girl is crap at football, the mother is woken up by thudding noises at 4:48am, looks out of the window and sees her daughter practising kicking a ball against the house. Instead of telling her daughter to stop as she's in a built up area and the house is part of a terrace, she turns the lights on in the garden. Glad I'm not their neighbour.

art malice 02-03-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 15121545)
Stupid Alexa advert where a girl is crap at football, the mother is woken up by thudding noises at 4:48am, looks out of the window and sees her daughter practising kicking a ball against the house. Instead of telling her daughter to stop as she's in a built up area and the house is part of a terrace, she turns the lights on in the garden. Glad I'm not their neighbour.

Not even seen this and itís made me angry.

ĎAlexa call the policeí

Worksop Palace 02-03-2020 09:20 AM

It’s a totally stupid advert. The bit that makes no sense whatsoever is when the kid storms in after her clearly useless football team have been smashed for 6, runs upstairs like a spoilt little shithouse and the mother says, ‘Alexa, turn the radio down’

I mean, what the fvck is that all about ?

chrisophiex 02-03-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15121565)
Itís a totally stupid advert. The bit that makes no sense whatsoever is when the kid storms in after her clearly useless football team have been smashed for 6, runs upstairs like a spoilt little shithouse and the mother says, ĎAlexa, turn the radio downí

Itís to prove Alexa can do certain things, like play radio stations and control lighting.

It should also send the mum a handy pdf document about how to bring up your children properly :D

Every time my son sees that advert he shouts ďOi, get to bedĒ when she opens the curtains in the middle of the night.

Hedgehog 02-03-2020 05:36 PM

Although a crap and annoying advert, it probably has a ring of truth about it.

Are you getting the American version of this ad, or have they made a UK one?

Brett 02-03-2020 06:11 PM

Bods not taking covid-19 seriously.

Olympian2 02-03-2020 06:15 PM

People who drive cars whilst wearing wireless headphones.

What are they doing? The only thing I can think of is listening to their phone on bluetooth without having a bluetooth connection to their car radio. Or am I missing something?

And is it not a driving offence (or at least against the highway code) to be doing this?

Joe85 02-03-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15122104)
People who drive cars whilst wearing wireless headphones.

What are they doing? The only thing I can think of is listening to their phone on bluetooth without having a bluetooth connection to their car radio. Or am I missing something?

And is it not a driving offence (or at least against the highway code) to be doing this?

Not directly.

BERT'S HEAD 02-03-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15121565)
Itís a totally stupid advert. The bit that makes no sense whatsoever is when the kid storms in after her clearly useless football team have been smashed for 6, runs upstairs like a spoilt little shithouse and the mother says, ĎAlexa, turn the radio downí

Snowflakes.

Reps AJ 02-03-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15121298)
Piss taking bastards

Record everything you might want to watch. Fast forward though the ads. Problem sorted. Cant remember when I last time I watched a programme as it was being broadcast, unless its live sport.

Little Fozzie 02-03-2020 08:37 PM

The amount of tramps who walk round just coughing into the air without covering their mouths. Annoying enough as it is, nevermind when there's a f*cking virus going half way round the world.

Hedgehog 02-03-2020 09:35 PM

When a store you have been going to for years, in this case a drug store (a sort of Boots), decide to revamp the place and move everything around and you can't find anything after knowing where everything was.

Mr Mojo Risin 02-03-2020 09:37 PM

Neighbours who decide to have a loud dinner party on a Monday night with the window open. It's f***ing 5 degrees outside, shut your window and shut the f*** up.

Wayne Andrews is God 02-03-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15122245)
When a store you have been going to for years, in this case a drug store (a sort of Boots), decide to revamp the place and move everything around and you can't find anything after knowing where everything was.

They do this deliberately so that you may pick up new products.

Hedgehog 02-03-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 15122249)
They do this deliberately so that you may pick up new products.

And discontinue old ones...

I don't do the supermarket shopping very often, but when I do I have to go up and down every aisle as I don't know where stuff is. Invariably I see stuff we don't need, but I've not had for a while so will drop it in the cart, i.e. biscuits, cakes and canned meats I'm banned from having.

They must love dumb husbands doing the weekly shop!

Brett 03-03-2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 15122247)
Neighbours who decide to have a loud dinner party on a Monday night with the window open. It's f***ing 5 degrees outside, shut your window and shut the f*** up.

Neighbours are generally scum.

CT_Palace 03-03-2020 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 15122247)

Try living in an apartment block where everyone has a balcony and the climate is balmy enough to sit outside all night (and also therefore, for everyone to have all the windows and balcony doors open all night) for 300 days of the year.
The latest was the neighbors below coming home at 3am on Saturday night and starting up a party on their balcony until 7am :veryangry

Maidstoned Eagle 03-03-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15122455)
Try living in an apartment block where everyone has a balcony and the climate is balmy enough to sit outside all night (and also therefore, for everyone to have all the windows and balcony doors open all night) for 300 days of the year.
The latest was the neighbors below coming home at 3am on Saturday night and starting up a party on their balcony until 7am :veryangry

Start your party at 8am.

hatter8142 03-03-2020 01:12 PM

People who say they wipe their arse sitting down.

Chris K 03-03-2020 03:22 PM

The excited, slightly smug sounding rustle of paper as people open their sandwich at their desk when they return from the sandwich shop at lunch.

Completely irrational and I can't explain it but it really ******* irritates me

CP-RJW 03-03-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 15122846)
The excited, slightly smug sounding rustle of paper as people open their sandwich at their desk when they return from the sandwich shop at lunch.

What’s wrong, are bullies taking your lunch money? ;)

Maidstoned Eagle 03-03-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

You are PeterH and i claim my 5 euro

Brett 03-03-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15122861)
You are PeterH and i claim my 5 euro

dago dollars, surely?

Maidstoned Eagle 03-03-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 15122893)
dago dollars, surely?

Yes, but don't call me Shirley.

CT_Palace 03-03-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15122704)
Start your party at 8am.

Donít worry. They certainly heard their neighbours above.
Power tools come in very handy sometimes

cappuccinoeagle 03-03-2020 09:49 PM

People in South London flapping about some drizzle while South Wales and the North has flooding.

Stavros 69 03-03-2020 09:52 PM

Drivers who drive 2 miles with their indicators on.

Slow overtakes - pulls out half a mile of the car in front of them and proceeds to only drive 1mph quicker than them.

Drivers who stay in the RH lane all the way to a round about then want to cut over 2 lanes to turn left.

Guess what I did today.

Stavros 69 03-03-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Wooden spoons and forks are horrible

GorBlimey 03-03-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15123153)

Slow overtakes - pulls out half a mile of the car in front of them and proceeds to only drive 1mph quicker than them.

Drivers who stay in the RH lane all the way to a round about then want to cut over 2 lanes to turn left.

Guess what I did today.

Annoyed yourself? :confused:

Stavros 69 03-03-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 15123166)
Annoyed yourself? :confused:

Zing

Danny_Cheviot 03-03-2020 10:26 PM

When you think you have one chocolate left...........but you havenít. :(

chateauferret 04-03-2020 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15123153)

Guess what I did today.

Traffic lights at a crossroads with lots of traffic coming from the road opposite and going straight on. The lights go green and the twat at the front wants to turn right. Instead of going into the middle of the junction to wait so that others coming from behind can get past, he trundles three feet forward till he's just over the line, then stops dead and sits there like a constipated goose. Eventually the lights change, he goes off to the right and everyone else in the queue is stuck behind the stop line and the lights are red again.

FFS.

PeterH 04-03-2020 02:43 AM

Quote:

Not as annoying as the sounds of tupperware being opened and the beeping of a temporarily forgotten microwave.

Hedgehog 04-03-2020 03:10 AM

When you post something on a website (in this case our local newspaper), then see a silly spelling mistake and there is no way to correct it.

I have a bit of a reputation here on the BBS for my bad spelling, but at least we are allowed to correct our mistakes if we so choose.

In my defense (or should I say defence) I didn't spell the words wrong, just left the "s" of the end of a plural, and used the word "drive" rather than "drove"... Hopefully people will think I'm a foreigner... well I guess I am, but the wrong sort of foreigner so to speak.

Danny_Cheviot 04-03-2020 09:11 PM

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2020 01:01 PM

People on faceache moaning about panic buying...and then panic buying. For example

"I went into Mercadona today and they were down to the last five bottles of handwash due to panic buying...outrageous! I bought those 5."

Isle of Wight 05-03-2020 01:16 PM

I saw a lady in our supermarket buy 8 bottles of hand soap. I worked out that would last me 3 years washing my hands thoroughly every time. Twats

Isle of Wight 05-03-2020 01:17 PM

Getting a speeding ticket :(