CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Fen Eagle 20-08-2021 09:09 PM

great does that mean I don’t have to try anymore and go back to the reborn cretin you think I am”

Hedgehog 20-08-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15956002)
For me it's "a".


Me too. Every rule has an exception or two.

Maz 20-08-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 15956012)
great does that mean I don’t have to try anymore and go back to the reborn cretin you think I am”

Please don't use that word. It is offensive to many.

Maz 20-08-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15956013)
Me too. Every rule has an exception or two.

I think I am following the rule, though, not breaking it! The rule is about pronunciation, not grammar, so the latter follows the former in this case.

kabbott 20-08-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15956013)
Me too. Every rule has an exception or two.

It's not a exception.

StonePenge 20-08-2021 11:01 PM

Having to prepare for a severe weather event a couple of times a year nowadays. Tropical Storm Henri headed our way this weekend. It will be late Saturday though so shouldn’t interfere with watching the Brentford game.

Fen Eagle 20-08-2021 11:22 PM

Ok then the educationally challenged, as my dear old deputy head once said to me, I reached my academic ceiling.

CT_Palace 21-08-2021 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15955596)
Have they been filled with water?

:lux:

PeterH 21-08-2021 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15951633)
But you can’t flush wet wipes, especially in 3rd world dumps like Santiago. So I suppose you have a filthy bin next to the toilet ?

I do. But I dont live in Santiago. They go to the same place as all the baby naipes and covid Facebook masks I imagine.

We are a pleasant species.

PeterH 21-08-2021 07:32 AM

Nappies.

And autocorrect on some kind of espanglish phone is a real fecking annoyance.

PeterH 21-08-2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 15955241)
People that put a meeting in your diary for 5:30, and then cancel it at 5:25.

Isn't that a bonus?

Don't you have the balls for a little tít for tat revenge?

PeterH 21-08-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15955803)
Do you write “an herb”? (My dad says “an (h)otel” but he’s from Yorkshire and therefore an c~nt.)

Is your Dad Maz or Saville? Either will explain a lot.

PeterH 21-08-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15955948)
No, but I do say “an hour”.

As Americans pronounce herb as “erb” I might say “an erb”.

Yes..but that is pronounced our...no h sound.

Think about university and uniform compared to umbrella.

beef 21-08-2021 12:01 PM

An hospital and an history sound stupid unless you’re a cockney

BlazeRIP 21-08-2021 12:52 PM

Foxes/badgers ? that dig up the whole lot of my newly laid turf .Little ****s

Fen Eagle 21-08-2021 01:16 PM

People on the Gumtree site, who when you turn up and whatever it is doesn’t match the description (I have learned never buy from someone who says there item is mint). So you say no thanks as there’s absolutely no obligation to buy, then they leave feedback that says time waster, bunch of pricks.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 21-08-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Kent Eagle (Post 15955614)
I’m sure it was an intended joke, but your use of the word ‘their’ hurts me. Please edit your post immediately ;)

Once you enter the world of WCB, prepare for pain

big bad John 21-08-2021 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 15956694)
People on the Gumtree site, who when you turn up and whatever it is doesn’t match the description (I have learned never buy from someone who says there item is mint).

Especially when you find there's a hole in it.

Fen Eagle 21-08-2021 07:00 PM

Exactly

Fen Eagle 21-08-2021 07:01 PM

What do they do with all the middle bits of polos ?

RazorsEdge 21-08-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 15957867)
Especially when you find there's a hole in it.

:)

Isle of Wight 21-08-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 15957896)
What do they do with all the middle bits of polos ?

Compress them, put a coating on them and make them into tiktaks

Jonboy 21-08-2021 08:38 PM

People who mix up disinterested and uninterested.

When I have my day in court I hope the judge is both disinterested and interested in my case. I hope the judge is not uninterested.

Harry Bassett 21-08-2021 08:49 PM

Clarkson
Ramsey ( not Alf)
Liz Truss
Diane Abbott
Keith Lemon ( whatever name)
Raga

to be updated

west country boy 21-08-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15956723)
Once you enter the world of WCB, prepare for pain

Unless you're French.

west country boy 21-08-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Bassett (Post 15958261)
Ramsey ( not Alf)

JonBenét? Aaron?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Bassett (Post 15958261)
Raga

The injun musical thing?

Fen Eagle 21-08-2021 09:20 PM

Bugger that’s clever isle of white

Fen Eagle 21-08-2021 09:22 PM

I’m uninterested in being disinterested to be honest I think

GorBlimey 22-08-2021 03:18 AM

Pringles.


They offer the promise of a tasty snack and end up like eating salty cardboard.

Hedgehog 22-08-2021 04:04 AM

I appreciate my hearing is not what it once was, but even with head phones and hearing aids I really struggle to understand/hear what they are saying in British drama shows.

Why do they pump up the dramatic music at the same time people are whispering/or crying. That combined with accents, and I'm struggling to catch 50% of what is being said... maybe I've just been away too long.

LN1 22-08-2021 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15958947)
I appreciate my hearing is not what it once was, but even with head phones and hearing aids I really struggle to understand/hear what they are saying in British drama shows.

Why do they pump up the dramatic music at the same time people are whispering/or crying. That combined with accents, and I'm struggling to catch 50% of what is being said... maybe I've just been away too long.

I'm like you a bit deaf and often I leave the subtitle setting on the TV so I can actually what they're saying in full. It's amazing how just missing one word can trip you up and confuse you for the next few sentences.
Christopher Nolan admits to drowning out speech in his films with the music so possibly TV sound editors/mixers are following suit?

Hedgehog 22-08-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 15959043)
Christopher Nolan admits to drowning out speech in his films with the music so possibly TV sound editors/mixers are following suit?

Begs the question.... Why?

LN1 22-08-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15959044)
Begs the question.... Why?

I've seen some talk that it forces you to concentrate more on the film and even more cynically that you may end up having to watch it again to hear things you missed!

west country boy 22-08-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15959044)
Begs the question.... Why?

It certainly improved Tenet and Inception.

Isle of Wight 22-08-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonboy (Post 15958202)
People who mix up disinterested and uninterested.

When I have my day in court I hope the judge is both disinterested and interested in my case. I hope the judge is not uninterested.

I should really be posting this in the Things I have learned thread but wanted to say thanks.

Joe85 23-08-2021 07:15 AM

People who wear baseball caps in gyms, particular those that wear them backwards.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-08-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 15960601)
People who wear baseball caps in gyms, particular those that wear them backwards.

Oh yes, usually some young meathead who spends his time prowling the gym with his arms all pumped....and skinny little legs.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 23-08-2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15952412)
Had to cancel out one second just now. One second.

Two seconds today. Progress of a sort, I suppose

PeterH 23-08-2021 10:47 PM

Why don't you post a list of daily numbers up by the microwve, for your amusement, and the unknowing bemusement of everyone else.

A bit like those sanitary dates that people put up in public toilets.

After a couple of months you can let people into the secret of the mystery.

Be even better if you could add a few names - when you are able to catch them at it.

Hedgehog 24-08-2021 05:10 AM

Online news reports or articles that you access via Google that don't have a date associated with them.

Can cause all sorts of misinformation and confusion.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 25-08-2021 02:11 AM

When I clean down the countertop in the kitchen, I often accidentally let the scouring pad fly out of my hand across the countertop, and onto the floor, which is very annoying.

So now I'm extra specially careful to concentrate and make sure that I don't let it happen. And then on the first swipe I throw it onto the floor accidentally

PeterH 25-08-2021 06:21 AM

Why do you need a scourer to clean the countertops?

Timbo 25-08-2021 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15964892)
When I clean down the countertop in the kitchen, I often accidentally let the scouring pad fly out of my hand across the countertop, and onto the floor, which is very annoying.

So now I'm extra specially careful to concentrate and make sure that I don't let it happen. And then on the first swipe I throw it onto the floor accidentally

I have a corion countertop which I dont like but I rubbed it down with Ajax and a roughish cloth today. Feels smoother. Does the scourer work better ?

Timbo 25-08-2021 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15965154)
Why do you need a scourer to clean the countertops?

As the premier BBS "Know All" can't you tell us?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 25-08-2021 08:33 AM

Some scouring pads have a sponge on one side and the scourer on the other. I use the sponge side predominantly, and flip to the scourer whenever I sense the existence of stubborn stains that the sponge struggles to remove.

It is a technique I have found to be stunningly effective so far.

stevek 25-08-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15965207)
Some scouring pads have a sponge on one side and the scourer on the other. I use the sponge side predominantly, and flip to the scourer whenever I sense the existence of stubborn stains that the sponge struggles to remove.

It is a technique I have found to be stunningly effective so far.

Doesn't everyone do that?

Martin H 25-08-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15949676)
That's easy. A griffin is the one that appeared on my bag and folder that the bank gave me for school

When you have had to cram a life size yellow plastic version of one of those in your car, you never forget what it looks like. Tip, don’t brake sharply unless you have windscreen replacement cover on your insurance.

Martin H 25-08-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15965157)
I have a corion countertop which I dont like but I rubbed it down with Ajax and a roughish cloth today. Feels smoother. Does the scourer work better ?

This is classic BBS material.

I am no expert but isn’t Corian the stuff that marks/scratches really easily that you should never use anything abrasive on. Looks brilliant the day they put it in and in showrooms but making the mistake of touching it with anything harder than a baby’s bum starts the scratching process. NOTE : no babies were harmed during this test and babies bums are NOT recommended as a kitchen hygiene product of choice,

I guess my contribution would be that scourers sound like a no no for Corian worktops. Also avoid putting things down on it like car keys, cutlery, plates, saucepans, kitchen utensils. Basically all the things you find in a kitchen ….. except for babies bums.

Oh and there are hot things to avoid too. Other than that……

Vince Hilaire's Afro 25-08-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15965225)
When you have had to cram a life size yellow plastic version of one of those in your car, you never forget what it looks like. Tip, don’t brake sharply unless you have windscreen replacement cover on your insurance.

Are you listening, kids?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 25-08-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15965219)
Doesn't everyone do that?

It seemed to require clarification

Oldtown Eagle 25-08-2021 10:36 AM

Clingfilm.

Martin H 25-08-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15965281)
It seemed to require clarification

Just wondering. When it hits the floor, does it always land the same way up, like a cat or cheese on toast? Just asking for a friend.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 25-08-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15965281)
It seemed to require clarification

I would like to clarify I do that.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 25-08-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15965516)
Just wondering. When it hits the floor, does it always land the same way up, like a cat or cheese on toast? Just asking for a friend.

I'm usually too ****ed off to notice

Jim Cannon 25-08-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 15965414)
Clingfilm.

Yep, I also find opening tin foil up and taking those bloody stickers off annoying

Timbo 25-08-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15965254)
This is classic BBS material.

I am no expert but isn’t Corian the stuff that marks/scratches really easily that you should never use anything abrasive on. Looks brilliant the day they put it in and in showrooms but making the mistake of touching it with anything harder than a baby’s bum starts the scratching process. NOTE : no babies were harmed during this test and babies bums are NOT recommended as a kitchen hygiene product of choice,

I guess my contribution would be that scourers sound like a no no for Corian worktops. Also avoid putting things down on it like car keys, cutlery, plates, saucepans, kitchen utensils. Basically all the things you find in a kitchen ….. except for babies bums.

Oh and there are hot things to avoid too. Other than that……

Yes, that is the stuff, mine is also so warped that I cant place the microwave in certain sections because the door cant fully open :rolleyes:

Martin H 25-08-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15965799)
Yes, that is the stuff, mine is also so warped that I cant place the microwave in certain sections because the door cant fully open :rolleyes:

Neat. A built in ‘stop’. No end to the benefits. It just looks great in the showroom but I reckon they must change it every week so people don’t see the micro scratches :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 25-08-2021 02:33 PM

I was able to once again remove the foil cover to a bottle of creamer today with my bare hands, without having to attack it with a kitchen utensil.

Does this thread double as a genie-like wish fulfillment service?

davech 25-08-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15965964)
I was able to once again remove the foil cover to a bottle of creamer today with my bare hands, without having to attack it with a kitchen utensil.

Does this thread double as a genie-like wish fulfillment service?

Let us know when you successfully reseal a 'resealable packet' and the gold star will be in the post.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 25-08-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 15966100)
Let us know when you successfully reseal a 'resealable packet' and the gold star will be in the post.

This is occasionally possible if I'm the first one to open it, but if my son or wife get there first.....

Reps AJ 25-08-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15966121)
This is occasionally possible if I'm the first one to open it, but if my son or wife get there first.....

I think everyone else in the house uses a wild animal to open packets

mte103 25-08-2021 03:21 PM

I haven't laughed about countertops this much in literally days, thanks very much!

PALACEWU 25-08-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mte103 (Post 15966137)
I haven't laughed about countertops this much in literally days, thanks very much!

It seems like ages!

Hedgehog 25-08-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 15965414)
Clingfilm.

Is it me, or does it stick to nothing but itself?

(Or is that the intent?)

RazorsEdge 25-08-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15966186)
Is it me, or does it stick to nothing but itself?

(Or is that the intent?)

I only found out recently that there is a perforated edge which cuts the cling film and I used to use a knife or scissors to cut it…….doh!!!!

All those time spent in uni etc is certainly wasted haha

stevek 25-08-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15966278)
I only found out recently that there is a perforated edge which cuts the cling film and I used to use a knife or scissors to cut it…….doh!!!!

All those time spent in uni etc is certainly wasted haha

And with your username, too.

RazorsEdge 25-08-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15966282)
And with your username, too.

Hahaha own goal there I see HahHa

Hedgehog 25-08-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15966278)
I only found out recently that there is a perforated edge which cuts the cling film and I used to use a knife or scissors to cut it…….doh!!!!

All those time spent in uni etc is certainly wasted haha

And mostly that edge is only good for is cutting your finger on...

If it makes you feel any better, it is only in the last year (thanks to this BBS) that I found out about the little tabs at each end of the box of cling-wrap that when depressed inward act as little axles for the roll to rotate on.

I think tin foil has them too.

pallet 25-08-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15965799)
Yes, that is the stuff, mine is also so warped that I cant place the microwave in certain sections because the door cant fully open :rolleyes:

We have corian and yes it does not like very hot heats. We use a hit soapy sponge to clean it then a nice soft cloth to buff it up. Does look nice though.

Back on topic the amount of time i have to wait for my wife to get ready to go out anywhere.

GorBlimey 25-08-2021 07:41 PM

Birds shitting in flight.

Decide to clean the car today and made a pretty good job of it too.

I was drying it off and feeling pretty pleased with my efforts when a sodding bird did a massive shit right beside me on the panel I had just dried.

I was wearing my Palace shorts so I bet it was a f*cking seagull! :grrr:

beef 25-08-2021 07:45 PM

Nitpickers. The tiny details usually don’t matter but you get these people who cannot let things slide. They are a nightmare to work with.

RazorsEdge 25-08-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15966518)
And mostly that edge is only good for is cutting your finger on...

If it makes you feel any better, it is only in the last year (thanks to this BBS) that I found out about the little tabs at each end of the box of cling-wrap that when depressed inward act as little axles for the roll to rotate on.

I think tin foil has them too.

Lol, I just went to the kitchen and pushed the tabs inwards. Cheers :)

Wrong thread but I learnt something today haha

Brett 25-08-2021 09:28 PM

Annual leave rules

Management: you cannot leave the service undermanned, so you must co-ordinate your leave and if your preferred date is gone, tough.

Also management: all 9 senior managers will be off for the same three weeks end of August, so your OT won't be paid until October as there is no-one here to sign it off; and you won't be able to take any emergency leave as no-one here to authorise.

You could execute the entire middle management class in this country and the economy would not skip a heartbeat.

Adlerhorst 25-08-2021 09:34 PM

Why are middle management called senior managers?

(our middle management are called senior managers as well)

Brett 25-08-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 15966652)
Why are middle management called senior managers?

(our middle management are called senior managers as well)

Isn’t a bullshit title to justify that management in itself is now an occupation. So once you are a senior manager, you can be one in a widget factory or the NHS?

west country boy 25-08-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15966602)
Lol, I just went to the kitchen and pushed the tabs inwards. Cheers :)

Wrong thread but I learnt something today haha

They generally break after about half a second.

Cyneagle 25-08-2021 10:13 PM

Rear seat car passengers who leave their rubbish in the door pockets. Lazy c*nts.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 25-08-2021 10:22 PM

TTL with SALT. Seems to be a record number of the feckers about at the moment making every journey a total ball ache.

CT_Palace 25-08-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 15966701)
TTL with SALT. Seems to be a record number of the feckers about at the moment making every journey a total ball ache.

ummmm Total Loss with Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty? Not sure if that's right.

Brett 25-08-2021 10:59 PM

Salting the TTL is likely to play havoc with the DNS and packet transfer so yeah, WTF?!

Wayne Andrews is God 25-08-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 15966701)
TTL with SALT. Seems to be a record number of the feckers about at the moment making every journey a total ball ache.

Anyone passenger who leaves their rubbish in your car, how are you such a ****?

GorBlimey 25-08-2021 11:08 PM

.

GorBlimey 25-08-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 15966740)
Anyone passenger who leaves their rubbish in your car, how are you such a ****?

It's better than the f*ckers who chuck their rubbish out of the car window.

I can't believe in this day and age that people do that but they do!

palacemetros 25-08-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 15966748)
It's better than the f*ckers who chuck their rubbish out of the car window.

I can't believe in this day and age that people do that but they do!

Happened in front of me today, at speed. Some twat dropped a half eaten KFC out, box and contents.

I would shoot them.

With a bolt gun.

Stavros 69 25-08-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacemetros (Post 15966757)
Happened in front of me today, at speed. Some twat dropped a half eaten KFC out, box and contents.

I would shoot them.

With a bolt gun.

They are scum.
When I was about 14 I was with in the car and someone lobbed their rubbish out, my mates brother was driving who was in the army.
He got out of the car, chased this guy for about 5 miles and when he caught up to him at the lights, got out walked to the car of the litter bug and chucked it back through his window saying “you appear to have dropped something”
Not all hero’s wear capes.

PeterH 25-08-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 15966644)
Annual leave rules

Management: you cannot leave the service undermanned, so you must co-ordinate your leave and if your preferred date is gone, tough.

Also management: all 9 senior managers will be off for the same three weeks end of August, so your OT won't be paid until October as there is no-one here to sign it off; and you won't be able to take any emergency leave as no-one here to authorise.

You could execute the entire middle management class in this country and the economy would not skip a heartbeat.

Can't you anonomously post that up on a message board somewhere at work?

Make the point for everyone to see.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 25-08-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15966721)
ummmm Total Loss with Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty? Not sure if that's right.

Temporary Traffic Light's with Single Alternate Lane Traffic.

in-exile 25-08-2021 11:26 PM

Anything Watford!

palacemetros 25-08-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15966762)
They are scum.
When I was about 14 I was with in the car and someone lobbed their rubbish out, my mates brother was driving who was in the army.
He got out of the car, chased this guy for about 5 miles and when he caught up to him at the lights, got out walked to the car of the litter bug and chucked it back through his window saying “you appear to have dropped something”
Not all hero’s wear capes.

:p

PeterH 25-08-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15965158)
As the premier BBS "Know All" can't you tell us?

I could respond by saying that at least I am not a racist homophobe....


My countertops don't need scouring because they are fecking kept clean on a daily basis. Perhaps you live in the kind of jerk chicken household that requires Mr Muscle to come and clean the shit and pee stains in the toilet bowl, and a monthly visit from the council health inspectors.

PeterH 25-08-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15965207)
Some scouring pads have a sponge on one side and the scourer on the other. I use the sponge side predominantly, and flip to the scourer whenever I sense the existence of stubborn stains that the sponge struggles to remove.

It is a technique I have found to be stunningly effective so far.

So effective the thing flies out of your hand even when you are concentrating on it not doing so,

Hpalace 25-08-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15966771)
Can't you anonomously post that up on a message board somewhere at work?

Make the point for everyone to see.

I’d leave the last line off if it were me.

PeterH 25-08-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15965254)
This is classic BBS material.

I am no expert but isn’t Corian the stuff that marks/scratches really easily that you should never use anything abrasive on. Looks brilliant the day they put it in and in showrooms but making the mistake of touching it with anything harder than a baby’s bum starts the scratching process. NOTE : no babies were harmed during this test and babies bums are NOT recommended as a kitchen hygiene product of choice,

I guess my contribution would be that scourers sound like a no no for Corian worktops. Also avoid putting things down on it like car keys, cutlery, plates, saucepans, kitchen utensils. Basically all the things you find in a kitchen ….. except for babies bums.

Oh and there are hot things to avoid too. Other than that……

You see Bimbo. I am not the resident 'know it all'. You've just been made to look like a mug, by someone who is.

I bet you wish you hadn't scrawled your pointless graffiti on this thread now. HA HA.

PeterH 25-08-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15965281)
It seemed to require clarification

And seemingly not having motor skills like Michael J Fox.

Martin H 25-08-2021 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15966785)
You see Bimbo. I am not the resident 'know it all'. You've just been made to look like a mug, by someone who is.

I bet you wish you hadn't scrawled your pointless graffiti on this thread now. HA HA.

Isn't this the pointless graffiti thread?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-08-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15966787)
And seemingly not having motor skills like Michael J Fox.

Well my grandfather died of Parkinson's so let's hope not.

PeterH 26-08-2021 03:42 AM

I would certainly get yourself checked out if you are concentrating your damned hardest on holding something and still throw it away at the first wipe.

You might want to check for Tourettes, too.

Either that, or it is a very clever ruse to get an exasperated missus to take over the cleaning.

Timbo 26-08-2021 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15966776)
I could respond by saying that at least I am not a racist homophobe....


My countertops don't need scouring because they are fecking kept clean on a daily basis. Perhaps you live in the kind of jerk chicken household that requires Mr Muscle to come and clean the shit and pee stains in the toilet bowl, and a monthly visit from the council health inspectors.

What a lovely bloke you are.....of all the people on here you are one I feel most sorry for

Hedgehog 26-08-2021 05:55 AM

Mixed messages from Government agencies when it comes to COVID.

All this "suggestions" and "recommendations" is just a) unenforceable, and b) a green light to those that don't want to adhere to them.

Case in point: US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) designates a country as Red flag Level 4 "Do Not Travel" to, and then on there site goes on to say, "If you do travel to these countries...".

Just come out and say anyone going there will be thrown in prison if found entering the county. People not wearing masks will be shot on sight, and people not having proof of vaccination will be sent to a leper colony on some remote island to have a good think about it.

All this wishy-washy approach has got us where we are today.

Brett 26-08-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15966771)
Can't you anonomously post that up on a message board somewhere at work?

Make the point for everyone to see.

Why? I’ve just unanonymously posted it on a messageboard some of them are members of. :angel:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.