CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 27-09-2010 09:01 PM

For those that want to see another spectacular catch, I suggest you look at Randy Moss's 2nd catch yesterday.

It may not have been one handed, it may not have been diving, but he beat triple coverage, Brandon Tate, the double coverage on Tate and the Referee to the ball. 7 other people around him and he made it look like a piece of piss.

And the throw was pretty spot-on.

You can't see it as clear in this video as you could on the live replays, but it's another tough catch that he makes look easy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ond-TD-of-game

ardeo 27-09-2010 10:30 PM

Great pass, catch is pretty standard.

Just put the Jets Phins game on, hopefully get through a bit of it tonight.

One thing about the channel 4 coverage, i don't like the intro music anywhere near as much as channel 5's. Used to get pumped up by the "Are you ready for some football?" then the music was good. Now we just get two tribes which they play for superleague :(. Just doesn't get me as excited :(

Swanny32 27-09-2010 11:24 PM

Did you record the show after the game Tom?

Benzhiyi 27-09-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo

One thing about the channel 4 coverage, i don't like the intro music anywhere near as much as channel 5's. Used to get pumped up by the "Are you ready for some football?" then the music was good. Now we just get two tribes which they play for superleague :(. Just doesn't get me as excited :(

You know that's because it was the music to C4's coverage in the '80s, right?

Beautiful bit of nostalgia.

(Paul will now chip and say that's why he loves it, neglecting to mention that he only took up supporting the Pats in 2004.) :o

pauldrulez 27-09-2010 11:28 PM

I loved that music in the 80s.

It was awesome.

In the days of Tony Eason and Steve Grogan while I stood in the stands at Foxboro Stadium.

:D

ardeo 27-09-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
You know that's because it was the music to C4's coverage in the '80s, right?

Beautiful bit of nostalgia.

(Paul will now chip and say that's why he loves it, neglecting to mention that he only took up supporting the Pats in 2004.) :o

Yea i'm sure I remember it from the highlights in the 90s on channel 4, before I even had a team, just played Madden!

Benzhiyi 28-09-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I loved that music in the 80s.

It was awesome.

In the days of Tony Eason and Steve Grogan while I stood in the stands at Foxboro Stadium.

:D

:D :p

oz_da II 28-09-2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Trent Edwards :hi:

Will be picked up by either Seattle or San Fran apparently.

Seahawks will be first to say "yes" or "no". If "no" then 49ers will grab him.

oz_da II 28-09-2010 03:00 AM

Rodgers off to a great start. :p

oz_da II 28-09-2010 05:46 AM

Bears won that game by default... Packers have no feet left after shooting themselves in the feet time after time.

Most Packer penalties in over 60 years. That record was against the Boston Yanks. :eek:

jlmatthews 28-09-2010 08:38 AM

Bear Down!!!!!

jazman 28-09-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I have a feeling for an upset this evening ... not sure what you would class as an upset between two unbeaten teams though ...

Errr ... what I said yesterday ... :)

My son is extremely happy ... but little does he know that there is a Dallas Mavericks basketball jersey winging it's way to him in the post this week ... that'll test his interest in Chicago ... :p

jazman 28-09-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Bears won that game by default... Packers have no feet left after shooting themselves in the feet time after time.

Most Packer penalties in over 60 years. That record was against the Boston Yanks. :eek:

You have to give Da Bears credit though ... and Cutler is having a pretty good start to the season amongst all the criticism ... the penalties killed the Packers, some of them pretty stupid.

jazman 28-09-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo

Retro innit .... And probably a lot to do with the 30 year celebration and return to C4 this season ... I rather like it, takes me back ... :p

Swanny32 28-09-2010 11:28 AM

So, 3 weeks into the record books, Packers were favourites to get to the Superbowl along with the Ravens.......what do people think now after what you have seen over the last 3 weeks? Chiefs vs Bears Superbowl?

EagleSE24 28-09-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
So, 3 weeks into the record books, Packers were favourites to get to the Superbowl along with the Ravens.......what do people think now after what you have seen over the last 3 weeks? Chiefs vs Bears Superbowl?

You know it!

Neil 28-09-2010 11:45 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, I fancy the Steelers myself.

Swanny32 28-09-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
As much as it pains me to say it, I fancy the Steelers myself.

How dare you! Wash your mouth out! :veryangry

Neil 28-09-2010 12:02 PM

I know, I feel unclean.

Swanny32 28-09-2010 12:09 PM

I would laugh so hard if the Steelers went 4-0, Rapistberger came back and they immediately lost.