CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

saxoneagle 03-10-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I'm talking about after a game.

When people start a post with "I was at the game today...", then they generally have an opinion to listen to.

If forums are so pointless for things like that, why are you on here?


I didn't say forums are pointless. But you might want to go and check my posts - the only time I've posted in GPD recently is to comment on games that I've been to and how players played in that. As a rule, I don't read GDP nor do I read Palace Talk on the HOL.

I do use forums for picking up bits of news and info I might have missed and some banter about anything and everything. I don't however go running off onto US-based football websites and tell them that so-and-so on a Palace forum says we've got the best support in the country because chances are so-and-so hears what they want to hear :)

SteveyHawking 03-10-2010 11:22 PM

McCoy's looking good and the o-line is actually giving Kolb some protection for once. Cutting the score to a 7 point game before half time will hopefully give us the momentum to get the win in the second half.

saxoneagle 03-10-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Selhurst, you can blame the acoustics in the Holmesdale.

Make all the racket you want, you can barely hear it. Put us in the Arthur Wait and it'd be loud.

Plus the microphones are above the Away end for some reason.


PMSL! You are really a typical Palace fan!

Last season our support sounded shit because the microphones were above the away fans and this year the microphones have magically followed the away fans to the other end of the stadium.

:clown: :o

Swanny32 03-10-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Selhurst, you can blame the acoustics in the Holmesdale.

Make all the racket you want, you can barely hear it. Put us in the Arthur Wait and it'd be loud.

Plus the microphones are above the Away end for some reason.

Exactly, so generally you watch games where the cameras in one part of the stadium and all the microphones are directional mics aimed towards the field.

Swanny32 03-10-2010 11:24 PM

FFS, now Shady is hurt.

pauldrulez 03-10-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
PMSL! You are really a typical Palace fan!

Last season our support sounded shit because the microphones were above the away fans and this year the microphones have magically followed the away fans to the other end of the stadium.

:clown: :o

Microphones are in front of the Arthur Wait near the Away fans when we have big games.

You might want to check that out next time you come to a game. ;)

The ones where we've sounded shit have been Man City and Villa in the cup last year and QPR this year, really. I went to them and we had hot atmospheres. Came home, watched the replay (or saw the Beeb last night) and you can't hear us at all.

If the Holmesdale was one tier, you'd make a racket.

pauldrulez 03-10-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
FFS, now Shady is hurt.

He's up now. :p

LLCOOLSTEVE 03-10-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Candlestick is one I really want to go to.


Driven past it so basically ive been there :moo:

saxoneagle 03-10-2010 11:27 PM

I was watching matches at Selhurst before you were even born Paul :)

oz_da II 03-10-2010 11:30 PM

D Anderson benched, what a surprise.

Hey Norv! Give Gates the 2nd half off, he's killing me... :p

saxoneagle 03-10-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Driven past it so basically ive been there :moo:


If we're including driven past then can I add Denver, Pittsburgh, SD, Buffalo, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle (my wife humours me :D)

Oh, I knew I'd forgotten one - I've also been to Chicago. So 7 out of 32 I've seen matches at. (Technically 8 as I've been to Meadowlands :D)

Seen the home of 16 of 32 NFL teams - pretty decent!

pauldrulez 03-10-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I was watching matches at Selhurst before you were even born Paul :)

But, you had terracing and the Holmesdale terrace then :p

Anywhere we've gone with Palace to away games with Terracing or low roofs, there's been a great atmosphere.

Layer Road a few years back, Brentford in a friendly, Scunthorpe etc.

Our home atmosphere now is better than any other away one i've been to out of 24 different ones aside from Hillsborough the last 2 years.

Nice to see we've turned the NFL thread into a discussion of the old Holmesdale, placement of TV cameras, microphones and Saxon being old because he went to games before I was born :rolleyes:

Swanny32 03-10-2010 11:31 PM

So whilst we are on it, my wife is a bit jealous that Tom and I went to New York and now she is expressing an interest to go so might try and take her over there with my boys in January and of course at the same time experience the Linc again......whether it'll happen though I don't know, might not be enough time to save up.

pauldrulez 03-10-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
If we're including driven past then can I add Denver, Pittsburgh, SD, Buffalo, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle (my wife humours me :D)

Oh, I knew I'd forgotten one - I've also been to Chicago. So 7 out of 32 I've seen matches at. (Technically 8 as I've been to Meadowlands :D)

Seen the home of 16 of 32 NFL teams - pretty decent!

I can beat that.

I've been to Wembley.

Three times to watch the NFL.

So, ner ner ner :D

saxoneagle 03-10-2010 11:33 PM

Arizona - the ultimate proof that a QB makes a team. Worst team to make a SB in my lifetime I still believe.

saxoneagle 03-10-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
But, you had terracing and the Holmesdale terrace then :p

Anywhere we've gone with Palace to away games with Terracing or low roofs, there's been a great atmosphere.

Layer Road a few years back, Brentford in a friendly, Scunthorpe etc.

Our home atmosphere now is better than any other away one i've been to out of 24 different ones aside from Hillsborough the last 2 years.

Nice to see we've turned the NFL thread into a discussion of the old Holmesdale, placement of TV cameras, microphones and Saxon being old because he went to games before I was born :rolleyes:

Old Holmesdale never had a roof. Still had atmosphere. Roof doesn't make atmosphere - fans do.

Swanny32 03-10-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
If we're including driven past then can I add Denver, Pittsburgh, SD, Buffalo, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle (my wife humours me :D)

Oh, I knew I'd forgotten one - I've also been to Chicago. So 7 out of 32 I've seen matches at. (Technically 8 as I've been to Meadowlands :D)

Seen the home of 16 of 32 NFL teams - pretty decent!

2/32 for me doubt it'll get a lot higher than that unless I move to the States one day, which I'd like to do some day. Drove past Gillette stadium as well.

saxoneagle 03-10-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I can beat that.

I've been to Wembley.

Three times to watch the NFL.

So, ner ner ner :D


I've been to Wembley and saw Britney Spears and had backstage passes. Not sure what your point is?

SteveyHawking 03-10-2010 11:35 PM

This is a joke. Delay of game?!?!?!?! :veryangry:veryangry:veryangry

saxoneagle 03-10-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
2/32 for me doubt it'll get a lot higher than that unless I move to the States one day, which I'd like to do some day. Drove past Gillette stadium as well.


Everyone except Paul is invited to Denver when we move there :D


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.