CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 11-06-2011 11:27 PM

Not relevant to the NFL at all, but had to put this somewhere and figured here would be the best place.

Anyway, for those of you who follow me on Twitter you might have seen I had a bad dream last night. Featuring it in was a girl I knew at Uni.

Out of "I hope she's alright" (*cough* "I wonder how she's aged" *cough*) curiosity I googled the aforementioned lady and was directed to a set of Facebook thumbnails, one of which featured some guy in a Patriots jersey.

"I hope that's not her with that idiot," I thought to myself, but clicking on the photo I saw a name I recognised.

So with that I have to say, apologies to saxoneagle, and erm, isn't it a small world we live in? :D

jazman 11-06-2011 11:51 PM

Just got a steal on eBay. A Keyshawn Johnson Cowboys throwback jersey, our leading WR in 2004, not worn and compete with tags for a tenner ...

jazman 11-06-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Not relevant to the NFL at all, but had to put this somewhere and figured here would be the best place.

Anyway, for those of you who follow me on Twitter you might have seen I had a bad dream last night. Featuring it in was a girl I knew at Uni.

Out of "I hope she's alright" (*cough* "I wonder how she's aged" *cough*) curiosity I googled the aforementioned lady and was directed to a set of Facebook thumbnails, one of which featured some guy in a Patriots jersey.

"I hope that's not her with that idiot," I thought to myself, but clicking on the photo I saw a name I recognised.

So with that I have to say, apologies to saxoneagle, and erm, isn't it a small world we live in? :D

:D :D :D :D :o

pauldrulez 11-06-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

You know you're mad when your dreams involve the BBS. (Well, in some sort of crazy way anyway) :lux:

saxoneagle 12-06-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Who? What? Where?!

Strathclyde Eagle 12-06-2011 10:30 AM

That backpackers place in Zambia, but based on the upload dates I think you and the lady in question were there quite a way apart.

peagle 14-06-2011 04:06 PM

Not gonna comment, just read and decide for yourself:

http://www.patriots.com/news/article...5-1ba968b69a7c

Quote:

The NFL has asked owners to keep their schedules open next week, when the league holds meetings in Chicago, NFL Network reporter Albert Breer confirmed Tuesday.
The NFL has asked owners to keep their schedules open next week, when the league holds meetings in Chicago, NFL Network reporter Albert Breer confirmed Tuesday.

The owners are scheduled to meet June 21, and the memo from the league has fueled speculation that perhaps the league and the NFL Players Association are making progress in their negotiations toward an agreement that would end the three-month-old lockout.

Last week, the sides concluded two days of what sources described as "very serious talks" in an attempt to build off previous secret negotiations in suburban Chicago. It is believed last week's talks took place in a Long Island, N.Y., hotel.

According to sources, these meetings are expected to happen frequently for the foreseeable future and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the negotiations would eventually resume.

"NFL owners and players have engaged in further confidential discussions before Chief Magistrate Judge Boylan this week," Aiello posted on his Twitter account this past Wednesday. "Those discussions will continue."

According to Aiello, NFL attendees at last week's meetings included Commissioner Roger Goodell and owners Jerry Richardson (Carolina Panthers), Clark Hunt (Kansas City Chiefs), Robert Kraft (New England Patriots), John Mara (New York Giants) and Dean Spanos (San Diego Chargers). All five owners are members of the NFL's labor committee.

The players were represented by NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith and NFLPA executive committee members Kevin Mawae (president), Domonique Foxworth (Baltimore Ravens), Tony Richardson (New York Jets), Jeff Saturday (Indianapolis Colts) and Mike Vrabel (Kansas City Chiefs).

Goodell later held a conference call with season ticket holders of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, his 19th such call with NFL ticket holders this offseason. According to a Twitter post from Aiello, Goodell told fans that "talks are going on. Both sides are working hard to reach an agreement. That's a positive step for everybody."

"We are going to continue to work at it," Goodell continued. "I believe both sides want to find solutions. I'm hopeful we're going to be successful. It's the objective of everybody involved with the NFL to play a full 2011 season."

The secret meetings in suburban Chicago lasted three days, running up to Friday's hearing at the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in St. Louis on the NFL's appeal of a lockout-lifting injunction granted to the players by a district court. After that set of talks, the league and players put out a joint statement.

"The parties met pursuant to court mediation," the statement said. "Owners and players were engaged in confidential discussions before Chief Magistrate Judge Boylan. The court has ordered continued confidentiality of the mediation sessions."

Vince Hilaire's Afro 22-06-2011 03:28 AM

Some snippets being 'leaked' about the new CBA:
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...nes-of-new-cba
As predicted by many around here, sneaky Jerry Richardson has positioned the Panthers very nicely. No doubt he'll be leading the charge on the rookie salary cap...

Panthers. Superbowl Champions 2013. You read it here first.

pauldrulez 22-06-2011 09:06 AM

The movement is great news.

It helps that they've kept Richardson out of the negotiating room the last few weeks ;)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 22-06-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
The movement is great news.

It helps that they've kept Richardson out of the negotiating room the last few weeks ;)

Yes, that has been noticed around here!

Bill Belichick's secret videos of the players' private meetings with their advisors have also been a great help.

pauldrulez 22-06-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Yes, that has been noticed around here!

Bill Belichick's secret videos of the players' private meetings with their advisors have also been a great help.

That hasn't been done for 4 years. :p

We do better without the cheating (in the regular season anyway)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 22-06-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

They haven't been caught for 4 years. :p

EFA ;)

peagle 22-06-2011 08:33 PM

"If you're not cheating, you're not trying."

pauldrulez 24-06-2011 09:53 AM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ting-gigs.html

Halling left for the boxing.

SteveyHawking 24-06-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

No big loss. Halling was becoming increasingly tedious with his Steelers schtick every week. Shame Mike Carlson can't do Sky as well as Channel 4.

Swanny32 24-06-2011 12:36 PM

Shame, I kinda liked Halling but did find him a bit boring and annoying at times. Mike Carlson is quality, Sky should definitely try to get him in but they don't give enough time for analysis so he'd probably be wasted there anyway.

ardeo 24-06-2011 01:24 PM

Glad Halling has gone, although have to listen to him on boxing still, but he's not too bad on that.

Carlson remains a cut above everyone else!

jazman 24-06-2011 01:26 PM

Never took to Halling at all, I wonder if he will still do commentary of the Beebs football league coverage ...

jazman 24-06-2011 01:26 PM

And for the record, Total Access is an awful programme in the off season ...

England 24-06-2011 01:42 PM

so what is the situation with next season, being a very simple person I have no idea what this lockout is all about and what it actually means. As I was hoping to go to Green bay in November I am guessing there is no certainty the season will go ahead, so pointless booking anything.