CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 02-10-2012 07:47 AM

Jaz......... Muwaaaahhhhaaaa!!!!! :moo:

Tony 5 picks Romo!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!:moo: :p :lux:

SteveyHawking 02-10-2012 09:09 AM

Rather chuffed to be 3-1 in the NFC East. It's going to be a very tight division this year once again.

pauldrulez 02-10-2012 12:39 PM

Mark Sanchez's quarterback rating was 39.9.

To put that into perspective, if you took every single pass and spiked it into the ground intentionally, your rating would be 39.6.

:lux:

pauldrulez 02-10-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Here is the full list of QBRs for the AFC East:

• Brady, Patriots, 96.5

• Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins, 82.7

• Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills, 59.1

• Mark Sanchez, New York Jets, 2.8

Sanchez had the worst QBR in the league this past weekend.

2 point 8.

(This is ESPN QBR by the way)

jazman 02-10-2012 01:37 PM

Chuck Pagano. Thoughts are with him and his family. Tough break but hope he makes a full recovery.

On a not so sincere note, I fear that it is time that Romo had no more chances. He is making the Cowboys into a laughing stock and we are going no where with him as QB. This season he will win us games, yes, but he always comes up short against the top sides. We will be just about in the mix at the end of the season, at a push. Not all five INTs were his fault, but he shoulders the blame for the majority. When you say that Cutler outplayed Romo, that's an insult.

Anyway, we'll spoil other teams chances this season I'm sure. Perhaps the bye week for us up next is a good thing ...

jazman 02-10-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Jaz......... Muwaaaahhhhaaaa!!!!! :moo:

Tony 5 picks Romo!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!:moo: :p :lux:

Romo is poor but I still wouldn't swap him for the dog killer ... :o :clown: :hi:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 02-10-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Romo is poor but I still wouldn't swap him for the dog killer ... :o :clown: :hi:

Too late ..... I already have a swap deal with Funk for Matt Ryan!!! :D :hi: ;)

oz_da II 02-10-2012 02:07 PM

I reckon it is time for my yearly thoughts on the Cowboys:

They need a proper GM. How many GMs would still have their jobs with only one playoff win in 15 seasons and and through that period having six different head coaches?

Answer: the one who answers only to himself.

Swanny32 02-10-2012 02:27 PM

Just watched the Cowgirls Bears game and for once I'm actually going to stick up for Romo. First two picks were on the receivers running poor routes/not making a catch, 3rd was unlucky and down to poor protection from the O Line, the others were down to him trying to force passes as he was obviously chasing the game and getting desperate but he got sloppy. His receivers have to take a lot of blame for his poor performance last night, poor routes, not completing simple catches and his O Line was dreadful at times.

Cutler looked a little better, got some excellent protection at times giving him all day to pick out passes, whether that was down to his O Line or the Cowgirls D Line just being piss poor I don't know, 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Good entertainment though, needed a good laugh and always good to have one at the Cowgirls expense.

Swanny32 02-10-2012 02:28 PM

Oh and the Bears secondary looked awesome at times.

jazman 02-10-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
I reckon it is time for my yearly thoughts on the Cowboys:

They need a proper GM. How many GMs would still have their jobs with only one playoff win in 15 seasons and and through that period having six different head coaches?

Answer: the one who answers only to himself.

Agreed. But then how long would one last before JJ loses patience and gets rid. We could end up having 5 or 6 different GMs a season. So it probably save him money in the long run and the Cowboys a lot more embarrasment (if possible).

In saying that, Pats are 2 and 2 and the Saints are yet to win a game so it's not all doom and gloom :)

jazman 02-10-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Just watched the Cowgirls Bears game and for once I'm actually going to stick up for Romo. First two picks were on the receivers running poor routes/not making a catch, 3rd was unlucky and down to poor protection from the O Line, the others were down to him trying to force passes as he was obviously chasing the game and getting desperate but he got sloppy. His receivers have to take a lot of blame for his poor performance last night, poor routes, not completing simple catches and his O Line was dreadful at times.

Cutler looked a little better, got some excellent protection at times giving him all day to pick out passes, whether that was down to his O Line or the Cowgirls D Line just being piss poor I don't know, 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Good entertainment though, needed a good laugh and always good to have one at the Cowgirls expense.

Glad I'm sitting down. If I thought anyone was going to stick up for Romo I'd never have put you anywhere near the top of that list :D

Swanny32 02-10-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Glad I'm sitting down. If I thought anyone was going to stick up for Romo I'd never have put you anywhere near the top of that list :D

You have now officially seen it all fella! Shocked myself a bit. He deserved to be benched but I don't think it was all his fault.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-10-2012 09:09 PM

Most of the analysis I've seen today from the 'experts' has been saying the same thing as Swanny. For instance, for one of the int's Romo correctly called the safety blitz, the running back came inside to block the rush and instead of dropping back for a check-down, Dez Bryant cantered up the pitch and the defensive back stepped up and snaffled the pass.

Of course, that doesn't mean it's still not incredibly funny.

Unlike the end of the Panthers/Falcons game. That wasn't funny at all.

Strathclyde Eagle 02-10-2012 09:47 PM

Looks like noted Cowboys fan LeBron James enjoyed the game.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/14...ter_medium.jpg

pauldrulez 03-10-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Agreed. But then how long would one last before JJ loses patience and gets rid. We could end up having 5 or 6 different GMs a season. So it probably save him money in the long run and the Cowboys a lot more embarrasment (if possible).

In saying that, Pats are 2 and 2 and the Saints are yet to win a game so it's not all doom and gloom :)

In fairness, we should be 4-0 if not for bonehead referees

Funk Butter 03-10-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

This should be good. You sound like Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham now. What were the bad calls in the Arizona game? Other than Belichek's decision to sit on the ball at the end rather than get a closer FG attempt.

pauldrulez 03-10-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
This should be good. You sound like Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham now. What were the bad calls in the Arizona game? Other than Belichek's decision to sit on the ball at the end rather than get a closer FG attempt.

The holding call on Gronk when Woodhead ran 30 yards untouched for the go-ahead touchdown. It's not his fault he's a foot taller than the guy he was blocking.

jazman 04-10-2012 12:04 AM

Why is Monday night football advertised as being on iplayer but its not? Is it only on there live so you can't watch it after?

And while I'm in the moaning mood, sky highlights package? Yes, we see those games in Sunday so how about a match of the day style highlights of all a games?

Strathclyde Eagle 04-10-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

If my Grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike.