CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

James 29-10-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Eagle
Rams totally outclassed today but a great day been at the tailgate party since 11 and found good number of palace fans

The Tailgate was absolutely insane. Enormous queues for everything and you simply couldn't move anywhere for the crowd. It was far better a few years ago when the Tailgate was separately ticketed and you could actually move around.

The game was dull and predictable. My son enjoyed it (as he professes to be a Patriots' fan and wanted to see a convincing win), but I was bored after the first Quarter. Most of the fans there were supporting the 'Away' side, so when the individuals Rams came out at the beginning there were more boos than cheers and the screen prompts during the game to 'make a noise' were largely ignored. If I were a US Rams fan, I would be bloody annoyed to have sacrificed home advantage for a game played the other side of the world in front of a largely hostile crowd.

I'm not sure that I'll bother next year. It will be interesting to see whether Wembley can sell out twice in four weeks in 2013. After this year's disappointing affair, I suspect that quite a few casual fans will not be returning.

ChaceTheAce 29-10-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
No thanks to Jay Cutler.....seriously.....useless.

Lol, the guy is wank!

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 29-10-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Greatest show on turf? Pfft, **** you Marshall Faulk.

I thought you were boycotting "Eagles Country" Paul? :moo: :hi:

Swanny32 29-10-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
The Tailgate was absolutely insane. Enormous queues for everything and you simply couldn't move anywhere for the crowd. It was far better a few years ago when the Tailgate was separately ticketed and you could actually move around.

The game was dull and predictable. My son enjoyed it (as he professes to be a Patriots' fan and wanted to see a convincing win), but I was bored after the first Quarter. Most of the fans there were supporting the 'Away' side, so when the individuals Rams came out at the beginning there were more boos than cheers and the screen prompts during the game to 'make a noise' were largely ignored. If I were a US Rams fan, I would be bloody annoyed to have sacrificed home advantage for a game played the other side of the world in front of a largely hostile crowd.

I'm not sure that I'll bother next year. It will be interesting to see whether Wembley can sell out twice in four weeks in 2013. After this year's disappointing affair, I suspect that quite a few casual fans will not be returning.

This is my main gripe about the Wembley game each year, that the home team really do lose that home field advantage (not that the Rams would have fared much better in St Louis). I always make a point of supporting the home team when I go along regardless of how shite they are.

pauldrulez 29-10-2012 06:18 PM

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...81183943_n.jpg

View.

the kooch 29-10-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

No thanks to Jay Cutler.....seriously.....useless.

Well we like him

gingerob 29-10-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Couldn't agree more, we have some definite keepers on both sides of the ball though but strip the rest out and rebuild with a new coach. Players I'd definitely keep are Jason Peters, Maclin and Shady on O, possibly a couple of the other guys on the O line but considering most of them have been toilet this season I could quite easily see them dumped. On D I'd keep, Cole, Babin, Cox, Kendricks and Coleman, I know he's not the best safety in the world but every time he steps on that field he gives 100%. Asomugha can sling his hook, over paid, over rated, DRC might hang on to his roster spot....just.

I might change my mind once I have de-stressed from the game, but tonight was far from good enough, I know the Falcons are now 7-0 and the only unbeaten team in the league but we should have played much much better.

I'd keep Herremans from the Oline but thats about it to add to your list. I really like Celek too

James 30-10-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
View.

My view: http://i.imgur.com/PvJvKl.jpg

ChaceTheAce 30-10-2012 05:50 PM

My view was absolutely unreal. I was right on the tunnel that the cheerleaders came out of. Gotta nice few pics for materiel etc haha. In all seriousness, I had a fantastic seat. Right near the end zone!!

Swanny32 31-10-2012 04:59 PM

Trade deadline tomorrow, some big trades being talked about at the moment, apparently Packers in for Steven Jackson, Jaguars in for Tebow (although apparently no contact between the two teams so probably a load of rubbish) and teams are sniffing around Steve Smith (the good one).....could be an interesting 24 hours.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2012 05:04 PM

I would be surprised to see Smitty leave Carolina, but there are a lot of unhappy puppies here right now. He doesn't really have a No.1 WR to step into his shoes so unlikely they would let him go unless someone comes up with something silly in return.

Deangelo Williams is more likely who the Panthers would be willing to trade, but would there be any takers on his huge contract?

pauldrulez 31-10-2012 05:24 PM

Huge contract isn't the problem for DeAngelo Williams. The problem is that it'd cause a big hit on their 2013 cap.

Benzhiyi 31-10-2012 06:18 PM

Does Williams even have anything left in the tank?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Does Williams even have anything left in the tank?

He's an enigma at present. He has more speed and playmaking ability than Stewart, but needs the holes to be made by the OL. Stewart is the more powerful and productive in general.

Williams, despite his age, is pretty good nick for a RB thanks to the rotational carries in Carolina. This has hit his stats each season, but means he has a lot less miles on the clock than say, a Turner or a Gore. But prior to this season, he was averaging around 5 yards per carry.

Funk Butter 31-10-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
He's an enigma at present. He has more speed and playmaking ability than Stewart, but needs the holes to be made by the OL. Stewart is the more powerful and productive in general.

Williams, despite his age, is pretty good nick for a RB thanks to the rotational carries in Carolina. This has hit his stats each season, but means he has a lot less miles on the clock than say, a Turner or a Gore. But prior to this season, he was averaging around 5 yards per carry.

The problem is that Carolina has committed $47M guaranteed to those 3 RBs. Why they needed to spend so much on Tolbert when they already had Stewart and Williams, that was always going to end bad.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
The problem is that Carolina has committed $47M guaranteed to those 3 RBs. Why they needed to spend so much on Tolbert when they already had Stewart and Williams, that was always going to end bad.

Yes, it was bonkers, although Tolbert is more of a FB and was brought in also as a special teams expert. Even so, the man responsible for the move has gone. But what's even more bonkers is they barely use them. TBH the running game has been a bit off ever since Cam's arrival.

BLUE BOY 31-10-2012 07:38 PM

Saw earlier that Boris and the NFL are going to talk about playing games at the Olympic Staduim.

Funk Butter 31-10-2012 07:40 PM

Carolina 2012 Rushing Attempts:
Williams - 61
Stewart - 52
Newton - 51
Tolbert - 17

Williams - 155
Stewart - 142
Newton - 126

I don't see Tolbert as the open up holes kinda guy. In San Diego, he seemed to be a short yardage back and checkdown receiver. Something they already had.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Williams - 61
Stewart - 52
Newton - 51
Tolbert - 17

Williams - 155
Stewart - 142
Newton - 126

I don't see Tolbert as the open up holes kinda guy. In San Diego, he seemed to be a short yardage back and checkdown receiver. Something they already had.

Yes, but I think you're forgetting how disastrous our special teams was last season. He certainly isn't doing the job of say, a Brad Hoover from a few years back though. Bizarre to invest all that, and not give them any holes to run into. The decision by Jeff Otah to sit on his arse getting fat didn't help either.

Latvian Eagle 31-10-2012 10:50 PM

VHA what the Hell has been happening to us?

I had such high hopes this season of a sneak into the post season but other than the win against the Saints we've been dreadful!? :eek: