CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

CT_Palace 17-12-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I had 1982 in my head for some reason so that may be right ...

between us we'll get there Jaz :D

jazman 17-12-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace
between us we'll get there Jaz :D

http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/?page_id=1255

This article suggests 7th November 1982 ...

CT_Palace 17-12-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/?page_id=1255

This article suggests 7th November 1982 ...

bingo! The old grey cells holding up then :p

jazman 17-12-2012 11:17 PM

I'm sure it was the Cowboys that night but I can't find out at the moment ...

oz_da II 17-12-2012 11:22 PM

Cowboys' broadcasts need a red button option for a telecast free of Rob Ryan.

I don't understand their fascination with showing this galoot whenever a good or bad defensive play is made by the Cowboys.

jazman 17-12-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Cowboys' broadcasts need a red button option for a telecast free of Rob Ryan.

I don't understand their fascination with showing this galoot whenever a good or bad defensive play is made by the Cowboys.

Is that not because he is the defensive co-ordinator and he reacts to what happens? He is a media dream for the way he reacts to plays both good and bad ...

oz_da II 17-12-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Is that not because he is the defensive co-ordinator and he reacts to what happens? He is a media dream for the way he reacts to plays both good and bad ...

If I want to see a hairy mammal jumping around I'll go to the zoo or watch King Kong.

jazman 17-12-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
If I want to see a hairy mammal jumping around I'll go to the zoo or watch King Kong.

:D :o

Funk Butter 17-12-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

There has never been another coordinator in history that gets as much tv time as Rob Ryan.

SteveyHawking 18-12-2012 05:46 AM

One of the worst Monday Night Football games ever. Two completely awful teams in what amounted to be a quite hilarious slapstick comedy. Bar one run by Chris Johnson there wasn't one single highlight but a ton of lowlights. The last couple of minutes were total farce and Mark Sanchez once again proves he shouldn't be a starting quarterback in the NFL. :clown: :D

ardeo 18-12-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
One of the worst Monday Night Football games ever. Two completely awful teams in what amounted to be a quite hilarious slapstick comedy. Bar one run by Chris Johnson there wasn't one single highlight but a ton of lowlights. The last couple of minutes were total farce and Mark Sanchez once again proves he shouldn't be a starting quarterback in the NFL. :clown: :D

Can't wait to get home to watch it :p

jazman 18-12-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
There has never been another coordinator in history that gets as much tv time as Rob Ryan.

Doesn't bother me for as long as he gets the TV coverage then we must be still in with a shout ... :)

SteveyHawking 18-12-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Can't wait to get home to watch it :p

The Titans punted 10 times AND WON. The Jets make the Eagles look like a semi competent organisation! :D

jazman 18-12-2012 09:19 AM

There is one thing that we can all agree on is how much of comedy franchise the Jets are :o

SteveyHawking 18-12-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

There is one thing that we can all agree on is how much of comedy franchise the Jets are :o

:p :lux:

Russboy 18-12-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

You would assume Sanchez will be holding a clipboard on the sidelines somewhere (Saskatchewan, Edmonton?...) in 2013, counting his $8.25M. But this is the Jets, could that cap hit be sufficient for another series (sorry season) of this freakshow?

Funk Butter 20-12-2012 06:21 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...erson-and-rice

Interesting article about Peterson and Megatron. Some high points:
Quote:

Megatron, on the other hand, is a different kind of receiver -- a freak of nature, for starters, at 6-5, 239 pounds with 4.35 speed and a 45-inch vertical giving him a reach of 8.5 feet. To put the physical differences into perspective between Rice and Johnson: In 1995, the Vikings' leading tackler was linebacker Ed McDaniel, who was six inches and 10 pounds smaller than Megatron. Counterpoint: Rice caught balls from two Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Johnson has worked with Matthew Stafford, Shaun Hill, Dan Orlovsky and Jon Kitna.

You wonít see a more telling stat about Petersonís heart than this: According to ESPN Stats & Info, he leads the league with 909 yards after initial contact. Let me just repeat that so that it properly sinks in: Peterson will likely hit the benchmark of excellence for normal NFL running backs -- a 1,000-yard season -- after defenses have had their first shot at him.

Funk Butter 21-12-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

The Jets will explore all options with Sanchez, including a trade, and the team plans to part ways with Tebow after the season, league sources said Wednesday.
Who the hell would trade for Mark Sanchez and his $8.5M contract? Well besides the Jets, and they can't trade him to themselves.

oz_da II 21-12-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Who the hell would trade for Mark Sanchez and his $8.5M contract? Well besides the Jets, and they can't trade him to themselves.

The Raiders? Oh wait, they got a bargain for Carson Palmer... :clown:

The Jets can expect plenty of laughter or a dial tone with any enquiries on offloading Sanchez.

jazman 21-12-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

You wanna bet? ;)

I suspect there will be a taker somewhere but an expensive backup at that ... I can't think of a team that are actually struggling for a QB right now ...