CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 04-11-2013 12:49 PM

BBS NFL Survival League 2013

and then there were two...

Thank you to Rex and the Jets. :p

Absolution 04-11-2013 02:28 PM

Is Swanny going to say nice things about Nick Foles now? :) Looking forward to seeing the highlights of that one.

Another nice loss for the Vikings, I can't quite work out their plans. Makes my head hurt as much as Holloway's tactics in the last third of last season.

However badly they do, the Jaguars & Bucs will out do them sadly. Tanking for Teddy may not even pay off.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 04-11-2013 02:39 PM

Anyone seen that odd story emanating from Miami about rookies being bullied out of their wages by the senior pros?

Richie Icognito (great name) was being named as one of the main culprits, but this is now being disputed.

BLUE BOY 04-11-2013 02:44 PM

I think the Seahawks O line is trying to get Russell Wilson killed, they are beyond crap at protecting him.

gingerob 04-11-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 11377180)

I thought I was safe taking the Saints to beat Jets.

Funk Butter 04-11-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 11377451)
Anyone seen that odd story emanating from Miami about rookies being bullied out of their wages by the senior pros?

Richie Icognito (great name) was being named as one of the main culprits, but this is now being disputed.

I love how the story out of the Dolphins is that Incognito is a model citizen so he can't be guilty. He's one of the dirtiest players in the league.

pauldrulez 04-11-2013 05:49 PM

Deadspin think Incognito's Dad is posting on FinsHeaven having digs at Martin.

The guy should be banned from the league and Martin should be released as I doubt he can play for them again.

The lunch table incident is disgraceful and goes beyond hazing. Martin should have hit him.

Funk Butter 04-11-2013 06:59 PM

Since it wouldn't be appreciated on the Youtube thread:

Dave Nunn 04-11-2013 07:14 PM

Woof Woof! We beat the Ratbirds!!! :lux:

Swanny32 04-11-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolution (Post 11377432)
Is Swanny going to say nice things about Nick Foles now? :) Looking forward to seeing the highlights of that one.

Another nice loss for the Vikings, I can't quite work out their plans. Makes my head hurt as much as Holloway's tactics in the last third of last season.

However badly they do, the Jaguars & Bucs will out do them sadly. Tanking for Teddy may not even pay off.

Hall of Fame.....that is all. :D

Seriously, I was gobsmacked last night, the first time for a while that I have really got excited during an Eagles game, we looked unstoppable and Foles looked like a franchise QB.....not going to jump the gun just yet though, lets see how he performs in our next home fixture.

Packers away this weekend, D needs to have another good game and I fancy our chances.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 04-11-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32 (Post 11378127)

Seriously, I was gobsmacked last night, the first time for a while that I have really got excited during an Eagles game, we looked unstoppable and Foles looked like a franchise QB.....not going to jump the gun just yet though, lets see how he performs in our next home fixture.

Packers away this weekend, D needs to have another good game and I fancy our chances.

The Eagles were excellent against the Panthers in pre season. I was very impressed by the tempo of their offense, although I wondered how long their OL would be able to keep it up!

pauldrulez 04-11-2013 08:57 PM

It was the Raiders.....

Who look good on offense at times, but are awful on D.

LLCOOLSTEVE 04-11-2013 10:02 PM

wow, Asomugha being waived by 49ers

talk about a downward spiral

oz_da II 04-11-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11378280)
It was the Raiders.....

Eagles' mate of mine keeps telling me the Raiders are ranked 9th in D this season but I don't rate most of those rankings, completely situational.

Bellyman 04-11-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 11377180)

Ah between me and you.

At least I have a chance to win something!!

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 04-11-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11378280)
It was the Raiders.....

The 10th ranked D prior to yesterday ... You really do spout some shite at times Paul.......

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...flying-eagles/

CT_Palace 05-11-2013 02:51 AM

So do Chicago stand any kind of chance tonight?

Rogers hurt...

Maybe!

StonePenge 05-11-2013 03:24 AM

Hope not.Wife's family are from Green Bay area so Thanksgiving will be beyond miserable if the Packers lose.
Go Packers...!!!

pauldrulez 05-11-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile (Post 11378633)
The 10th ranked D prior to yesterday ... You really do spout some shite at times Paul.......

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...flying-eagles/

Sorry.

FOLES for the HOF... :clown: :clown: :clown:

What high-powered offenses have the Raiders faced?

Broncos, Colts.

Put it this way. Raiders are ranked 18th. Patriots are ranked 19th. In terms of yardage.

Raiders are 19th in PPG. Patriots are 8th.

Texans are 1 in yardage, 27 in PPG.

The Raiders D is not that good. Eyeball test, not the stat test.

Absolution 05-11-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32 (Post 11378127)

You must have been excited during.. the first half of the Redskins games!?

At least with Foles, even in that one really bad performance he didn't throw the game away. They can happily move on from Vick now regardless, and even if Foles isn't the guy they go forward with his value just skyrocketed.