CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

davematt 25-11-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11422872)
:lux:

Moreno likes cold weather and wind, Manning doesn't.

Which is why Denver will fall short in the play offs.

Home Advantage for them is not a positive; Denver is baltic in January (Like it was last year against the Ravens).

pauldrulez 25-11-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 11423258)
Which is why Denver will fall short in the play offs.

Home Advantage for them is not a positive; Denver is baltic in January (Like it was last year against the Ravens).

Manning 0-2 in temperatures below 0 since his move to Denver...

Some of his passes (even with the wind) were terrible.

Surprised no-one on here has mentioned Belichick deferring in Overtime to take the wind advantage.

pauldrulez 25-11-2013 02:04 PM

Also... I nailed the correct score on Yahoo picks!

jazman 25-11-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11422550)
One of the NFC East will be in the playoffs #MostofTheNFLSucks

Yes. We are currently 4&0 in the division. That's how bad it is ...

Our run in being Raiders, Bears, Packers, Skins and then Filly. Three of those five are at home (Bears & Skins away). Looks like our final game could be one to watch.

Latvian Eagle 25-11-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 11423405)
Yes. We are currently 4&0 in the division. That's how bad it is ...

Our run in being Raiders, Bears, Packers, Skins and then Filly. Three of those five are at home (Bears & Skins away). Looks like our final game could be one to watch.

Is the NFC East this year worse than the year when the Rams / Seahawks were battling it to make the play offs from the West on an 8-8 or 7-9 record? :eek:

Swanny32 25-11-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 11423411)
Is the NFC East this year worse than the year when the Rams / Seahawks were battling it to make the play offs from the West on an 8-8 or 7-9 record? :eek:

It's not that bad....but it's not far off. Eagles have saved face a bit albeit against lesser teams in the last few weeks. Cowboys seem to be bundling their way to victories, Giants looked like turning things around but in reality are toilet and the Redskins.....well, there isn't much to say about them.

LLCOOLSTEVE 25-11-2013 02:13 PM

I was wrong about the Pats

pauldrulez 25-11-2013 02:21 PM

:lux:

I did say that Gronk and Vereen were huge losses.

jazman 25-11-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32 (Post 11423423)
It's not that bad....but it's not far off. Eagles have saved face a bit albeit against lesser teams in the last few weeks. Cowboys seem to be bundling their way to victories, Giants looked like turning things around but in reality are toilet and the Redskins.....well, there isn't much to say about them.

Bundling? The name of the game is getting results. And that's what we did. For once Romo is looking like a QB that can get the job done. Hence the game winning drive last night. Giants huffed and puffed last night but to be fair if it wasn't for two idiot defenders not touching the TE when down and letting him run in for a TD then we'd have had it won earlier.

jazman 25-11-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 11423411)
Is the NFC East this year worse than the year when the Rams / Seahawks were battling it to make the play offs from the West on an 8-8 or 7-9 record? :eek:

I am confident that the team that takes the division will have a winning record when you look at the remaining games. One from Dallas and Filly I would say now. Last game is Filly at Dallas :eek:

greybot 25-11-2013 02:28 PM

Pats are gonna win the superbowl

Absolution 25-11-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32 (Post 11423423)
It's not that bad....but it's not far off. Eagles have saved face a bit albeit against lesser teams in the last few weeks. Cowboys seem to be bundling their way to victories, Giants looked like turning things around but in reality are toilet and the Redskins.....well, there isn't much to say about them.

My feel from watching both the Eagles & Cowboys in recent weeks is that this is only the beginning for Philly, whereas this is what Dallas has to offer.

Should be an interesting end to the division.

Absolution 25-11-2013 02:49 PM

Watching the Vikings yesterday was a frustrating one, Ponder/Peterson/Gerhart did a good job, but ultimately it's was a pointless win had they managed it.

Defence is so bad in places, only Harrison Smith was any good in the secondary prior to injury until yesterday when Xavier Rhodes finally stepped up. Jared Allen goes at the end of the season and frees up a big chunk of money, not great from a fan prospective though.

I guess the new coaches can come in next year safe in the knowledge that the Vikes have a great return game.. at least.

jazman 25-11-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolution (Post 11423480)
My feel from watching both the Eagles & Cowboys in recent weeks is that this is only the beginning for Philly, whereas this is what Dallas has to offer.

Should be an interesting end to the division.

On what basis?

The QB situation in Philly is far from certain.

Dallas have been hampered by a not fully fit D.Ware and the D line stood up away to an in form Giants team last night. All without Sean Lee. Meanwhile, a glimpse of Miles Austin last night will be like a new player if he continues his recovery from injury.

I had a gut full of Cowboys bashing last night on Twitter so apologies if I seem sensitive. We don't help ourselves at times though.

davematt 25-11-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11423401)
Manning 0-2 in temperatures below 0 since his move to Denver...

Some of his passes (even with the wind) were terrible.

Yep.

I'd take him indoors, with no weather conditions against anyone, but stick him in the kind of conditions he will face in January after the injury he had, I fear it will be a repeat of what happened last January against the Ravens.

Absolution 25-11-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 11423490)
On what basis?

The QB situation in Philly is far from certain.

Dallas have been hampered by a not fully fit D.Ware and the D line stood up away to an in form Giants team last night. All without Sean Lee. Meanwhile, a glimpse of Miles Austin last night will be like a new player if he continues his recovery from injury.

I had a gut full of Cowboys bashing last night on Twitter so apologies if I seem sensitive. We don't help ourselves at times though.

I don't mean they're awful, or aren't capable of winning games. Clearly they are.

Have we seen the limitations of where Romo and (more importantly) where this coaching staff can take this team? Possibly.

Whereas the Eagles have an unknown factor, Foles only has a dozen or so appearances so I'd say they have the capability to improve.

Funk Butter 25-11-2013 03:37 PM

So, the Falcons have #RisedUp in the draft to #3. Now, they need Jax to win the return game with the Texans in 2 weeks time and if my calculations are right will get the #1 pick in the draft by losing out. Then they can wait for all the QB needy teams to make outrageous trade offers.

Latvian Eagle 25-11-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11423559)
So, the Falcons have #RisedUp in the draft to #3. Now, they need Jax to win the return game with the Texans in 2 weeks time and if my calculations are right will get the #1 pick in the draft by losing out. Then they can wait for all the QB needy teams to make outrageous trade offers.

Maybe you should use that pick and replace the redneck incumbent currently in your QB position. :D

Funk Butter 25-11-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 11423568)
Maybe you should use that pick and replace the redneck incumbent currently in your QB position. :D

You sound like all the booboos down here that call up on the radio and pine for Mike Vick. I'll gladly trade down to #4 in exchange for two other first round picks. Especially if it's coming from the Jags as they will have a Top 5 pick forever.

Latvian Eagle 25-11-2013 03:51 PM

Of all the NFL teams I still can't ever figure out why Jacksonville got a Franchise. If it wasn't for the Jags I would never have heard of the place. :confused:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.