CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 23-12-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 11467284)
Niners :p

Yeah were written off by the media, I think they kept their cool though and never lost their composure. Just had to deal with some injuries etc. I was thinking more when the Giants won the SB.

Also remember the Ravens upsetting the Pats on the road, and that year Green Bay were blowing everyone away in the regular season (was it the Steelers who knocked them out?)

Beckenham Boy 23-12-2013 03:14 PM

Chargers still clinging in there but need both Fins and Ravens to have another shocker.

Frustrating season still, winning games we were underdogs in and blowing games we should have been comfortable in. Rivers deserves a chance in the Playoffs though

Latvian Eagle 23-12-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 11467297)
Yeah were written off by the media, I think they kept their cool though and never lost their composure. Just had to deal with some injuries etc. I was thinking more when the Giants won the SB.

Also remember the Ravens upsetting the Pats on the road, and that year Green Bay were blowing everyone away in the regular season (was it the Steelers who knocked them out?)

I doubt it... Packers are NFC and Steelers AFC.

Swanny32 23-12-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11466788)
Barring miracles, 3 time Fantasy Champion here! :lux:

My money league team needs 38+ from Kaepernick.

It chose today to have its worst game of the year and score 44pts...

I'd have been gutted if I lost our final because of the NFL website not saving my team selection meaning I didn't have a D, but with Manning, Green and the Pats D it ended up being a walk in the park for you. It was only ever going to be one of us, well played fella.

We won't talk about the keeper league.

Latvian Eagle 23-12-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy (Post 11467307)
Chargers still clinging in there but need both Fins and Ravens to have another shocker.

Frustrating season still, winning games we were underdogs in and blowing games we should have been comfortable in. Rivers deserves a chance in the Playoffs though

Last time I remember SD in the play offs Billy Volek had to play as Rivers broke his ankle. No idea what year that was now.

Beckenham Boy 23-12-2013 04:13 PM

Think they were there 3 seasons ago

Absolution 23-12-2013 05:43 PM

The Eagles were fantastic last night, as the Vikings have been dead for 10 weeks I'm looking forward to the Cowboys/Eagles match-up now.

Funk Butter 23-12-2013 06:43 PM

Somehow, none of the teams vying for the #6 seed in the AFC have their fate in their own hands.
  • Miami
    6. Miami Dolphins (8-7, 7-4 conf, 2-3 div; vs. Jets [7-8, 2-3 div], 1 ET)
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a win + Ravens loss at the Bengals and/or Chargers loss to the Chiefs (later)

    IN THE HUNT

    Baltimore
    7. Baltimore Ravens (8-7, 6-5 conf, 3-2 div; at Bengals [10-5], 1 ET)
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a win + Dolphins loss to Jets and/or Chargers loss to Chiefs
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a Dolphins loss + Chargers loss + Steelers loss to the Browns

    San Diego
    8. San Diego Chargers (8-7, 5-6 conf; vs. Chiefs [11-4], 4:25 ET)
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a win vs. the Chiefs + Dolphins loss to the Jets (earlier) + Ravens loss at the Bengals (earlier)

    Pittsburgh
    9. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-8, 5-6 conf, 3-2 div; vs. Browns [4-11], 1 ET)
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a win vs. the Browns + Dolphins loss to the Jets + Ravens loss at the Bengals + Chargers loss to the Chiefs (later)

Latvian Eagle 23-12-2013 06:47 PM

I would rather Baltimore or SD made it but the Fins only have the useless Jets to overcome. :eek:

elliott 23-12-2013 07:10 PM

Miami would have it with a win and a SD win and the Baltimore result is irrelevant

Funk Butter 23-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott (Post 11467643)
Miami would have it with a win and a SD win and the Baltimore result is irrelevant

And Arizona might be out of the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

For you bettors out there, don't go hog wild backing teams that "need" to win. They are traditionally a losing bet.

LLCOOLSTEVE 23-12-2013 10:21 PM

Romo done for the season

Funk Butter 23-12-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11467886)
Romo done for the season

Time for the Kyle Orton era.

gingerob 23-12-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11467902)
Time for the Kyle Orton era.

he could be dangerous as he was good at Denver and there is no game tape to watch of him so hard to plan for.

oz_da II 23-12-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerob (Post 11467960)
he could be dangerous as he was good at Denver


he was replaced by Tebow...

Funk Butter 23-12-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 11467994)
he was replaced by Tebow...

Yeah, because he was dangerous.....to the chain gang.

CT_Palace 24-12-2013 02:03 AM

MNF reporting Romo out for the regular season finale

Vince Hilaire's Afro 24-12-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 11467364)
I doubt it... Packers are NFC and Steelers AFC.

I think the game I was thinking about was when someone fumbled it in overtime and they ran in the TD? I dunno.

CT_Palace 24-12-2013 03:25 AM

More shitty penalties going against the 9ers.

It's a joke.

Funk Butter 24-12-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 11468127)
I think the game I was thinking about was when someone fumbled it in overtime and they ran in the TD? I dunno.

You mean when the Cardinals beat the Packers in OT in the playoffs that one year? That was in Arizona.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.