CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

davematt 23-12-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 12128169)
I believe head to head is only applicable if there is only two teams tied at the top.

Won't happen here as either the Lions or Packers will finish with an equal record thus three teams on top (unless there is a tie between the two clubs).

When three teams are involved it automatically goes to best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Yep, that makes sense :p

Funk Butter 23-12-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 12128169)
I believe head to head is only applicable if there is only two teams tied at the top.

Yes, there are 5 teams in the NFC at 11-4, so head to head doesn't apply as such.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs

Quote:

Seattle - NFC West Champ (Wins tie break over Arizona based on head-to-head win percentage.)
Wins tie break over Detroit based on best win percentage in common games. Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games.

Detroit - NFC North Champ (Wins tie break over Green Bay based on head-to-head win percentage.)
Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games.

Green Bay - Wins tie break over Arizona based on best win percentage in common games.

TeamSlack 23-12-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 12128052)
It's only because the media and fans just love to highlight whenever Romo does it in the same way he has never been considered an elite QB.

Yes he has the 6th best career 4th quarter completion percentage and 3rd best career quarterback passer rating IN NFL HISTORY.

Funk Butter 23-12-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSlack (Post 12128631)
Yes he has the 6th best career 4th quarter completion percentage and 3rd best career quarterback passer rating IN NFL HISTORY.

That's good and all, but I can think of 6 QBs in NFL history I'd rather have than Romo.

davematt 23-12-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 12128149)
He's been average all season. His arm cannot do it anymore, anything over 15 yards is thrown like a lame duck.

It's sad to see, and rather than chasing Favre's records and getting injured over and over, I hope he retires for his own safety.

If he retired this off season, the Bronco's would be in right pickle next year.

At least you guys have a semi decent young QB backing Brady up.

I cant imagine Osweiler stepping up.

TeamSlack 23-12-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 12128645)
That's good and all, but I can think of 6 QBs in NFL history I'd rather have than Romo.

hahaha you and me both. although, ya know...maybe not this year with this team.

Funk Butter 23-12-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 12128673)
I cant imagine Osweiler stepping up.

Huh? He can't wait to step up.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GRsoH79pDu...ndedBadger.gif

TeamSlack 23-12-2014 05:15 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...rterbackRating

just sayin

TeamSlack 23-12-2014 09:24 PM

Oops...was looking at wrong stat. He is the NFL's all-time leader in 4th quarter passer rating. He just finally has a team around him. Hopefully he'll still be healthy when we draft defensive lineman and backs this year.

oz_da II 24-12-2014 03:49 AM

Everyone's favourite fullback is back in the Pro Bowl.

John Kuhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn!!!

:lux: :lux: :lux:

Funk Butter 24-12-2014 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 12129393)
Everyone's favourite fullback is back in the Pro Bowl.

John Kuhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn!!!

:lux: :lux: :lux:

It's bad enough that the NFL feels a need to roster FBs, but John ******* Kuhn? That guys sucks hog balls.

TeamSlack 24-12-2014 05:00 AM

not trying to be a jerk here...Tony Romo leads the league in passer rating. He is 2nd all-time in career passer rating. He has the best passer rating in the 4th quarter in the history of the NFL. He has played at least several games this year with broken bones in his back. He has played extremely injured in past years (broken ribs, etc). If he had an offensive line during his more-elusive non-injured days...

I understand hatred of the Cowboys and Jerry Jones. I get it. It applies in the states even moreso, it seems. Dallas hasn't done anything in the playoffs in 20 years, and the actual roster, like every other team, is constricted by the salary cap. The team cannot buy a winner.

Give the guy a touch of respect, football fans. He deserves it.

oz_da II 24-12-2014 05:24 AM

Any goose can rack up good stats in the regular season.

Show me some post-season success.

L'kooch 24-12-2014 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSlack (Post 12129401)
not trying to be a jerk here...Tony Romo leads the league in passer rating. He is 2nd all-time in career passer rating. He has the best passer rating in the 4th quarter in the history of the NFL. He has played at least several games this year with broken bones in his back. He has played extremely injured in past years (broken ribs, etc). If he had an offensive line during his more-elusive non-injured days...

I understand hatred of the Cowboys and Jerry Jones. I get it. It applies in the states even moreso, it seems. Dallas hasn't done anything in the playoffs in 20 years, and the actual roster, like every other team, is constricted by the salary cap. The team cannot buy a winner.

Give the guy a touch of respect, football fans. He deserves it.

jay cutler >

TeamSlack 24-12-2014 05:59 AM

you're too funny.

TeamSlack 24-12-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 12129403)
Any goose can rack up good stats in the regular season.

Show me some post-season success.

You do understand he needed help? This is the whole point man. When Romo could move was when he proved to stay alive. It's not the NBA...a player cannot carry a team. I'll say it, you're an idiot here.

oz_da II 24-12-2014 06:29 AM

The NFL thread
 
Does your Tony Romo fan club pack come with a box of tissues?

**sniffle sniffle**

TeamSlack 24-12-2014 06:40 AM

I give you obvious objective reason and you accuse me of favoritism. Whatever makes you feel good.

oz_da II 24-12-2014 06:56 AM

The NFL thread
 
Obvious objective reason? I'll just check again.

Yep, you dropped your bundle right away (just like Romo holding for the winning chip shot field goal vs the Seahawks in '07) and resorted to name calling. Hope that made you feel good. :p

TeamSlack 24-12-2014 07:28 AM

A field goal hold? Seven years ago? You are not paying attention.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.