CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Funk Butter 09-09-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi (Post 12572630)
The Steelers have an even more glittering history than the Pats, and are equally as despised outside of their own bubble. So if it's all down to green-eyed opponents unable to cope with other teams' successes, where is the dirt on Roethlisberger?

You mean other than the rapes?

CT_Palace 09-09-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 12572674)

I was assuming that's what this comment was about

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi (Post 12572630)
I mean, Big Ben's past would make him a MUCH easier target than Teflon Tom.

Anyway his name is Ben Doublecheeseburger. Easier to spell, easier to say. And more accurate.

pauldrulez 09-09-2015 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike Tomlin would never do anything wrong.

He's a beacon of hope, truth and light.

Hero.

Attachment 45178

pauldrulez 09-09-2015 11:17 PM

And Ben, you again say that they were caught cheating.

Spygate? Never denied.

Deflategate? Never proven.

I trust Deflategate will make it into the NFL programmes?

They'll edit it even if you mention the biased nature of the Wells Report.

Independent Report by Mr. Wells. Which was then submitted and edited by Jeff Pash of the NFL.

If Goodell carries this case on, it will be the end for him.

In the mean time, I hope we cheat to win all 19 games.

pauldrulez 09-09-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

SUMMARY: Multiple Dolphins players told the Palm Beach (FL) Post that the team purchased tapes of the New England offense that provided audio of quarterback Tom Brady making audible and line-blocking calls. These players boasted that the tape helped them win 21-0 in a December meeting.

Although the league, in this case, ruled that the Dolphins did nothing wrong, many Miami players stated that the tapes "were critical in preparing for the game and provided the Dolphins inside information about New England's offensive audible system."

"I've never seen [Brady] so flustered," middle linebacker Zach Thomas said.

Said ESPN report John Clayton: "Teams are always trying to steal signs and signals off other teams. That's just football."
It's only stealing signals, right?

http://yourteamcheats.com

Benzhiyi 09-09-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 12572674)

I meant in footballing terms. Hence saying he'd be an even easier target than Brady.

Funk Butter 09-09-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 12572721)

I don't understand. Are you saying that every team in the league cheats and so it's ok for the Patriots to cheat or every team other than the Patriots cheat?

I also found a common thread throughout the website, "NFL commissioner and former Jets public relations intern Roger Goodell".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CE-6VmTWoAEXXOk.jpg

Benzhiyi 09-09-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 12572721)

Yep, the balance of probabilities states my team has likely done some underhand stuff in the past too. Much like most teams, in most sports.

Differences are 1. I can accept that it's likely to have happened, and 2. It's highly unlikely - though granted not impossible - to have been with such regularity as the franchise singled out in today's ESPN dossier.

Just to clarify, though: is your defence that the Patriots have never cheated, or that it's okay for them to cheat because other teams have done so in the past two? They're two markedly different arguments, yet it feels like you're proffering both at once because you know this is a debate you can't win.

pauldrulez 10-09-2015 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi (Post 12572765)
Yep, the balance of probabilities states my team has likely done some underhand stuff in the past too. Much like most teams, in most sports.

Differences are 1. I can accept that it's likely to have happened, and 2. It's highly unlikely - though granted not impossible - to have been with such regularity as the franchise singled out in today's ESPN dossier.

Just to clarify, though: is your defence that the Patriots have never cheated, or that it's okay for them to cheat because other teams have done so in the past two? They're two markedly different arguments, yet it feels like you're proffering both at once because you know this is a debate you can't win.

At what point have I suggested they have never cheated?

Do I believe Belichick misinterpreted the rules with Spygate? No.

I believe he knew that a lot of other coaches were doing it and didn't think he would be grassed up for it.

My issue is not with the accusations, it's with the continual use of the Press to pedal inaccuracies and lies.

The talk of bugged dressing rooms and the afore-mentioned issues, as Mike Shanahan has said, every Coach checked dressing rooms because everybody knew everyone was looking for a competitive advantage.

Do I believe the Patriots deliberately deflated balls? No, I don't. There's no provable evidence to suggest it happened, there is no past evidence either other than the delusions of Grigson, Harbaugh and some noted bigwigs in the NFL.

If there was evidence, I would want Brady and Belichick gone because that team did not need deflated balls to run all over the Colts, and I. I said this at the very start. I find it interesting that the NFL have again stated that they are having nothing to do with the suspensions of the Patriots staff, yet are currently refusing to reinstate them.

The League handled the investigation hideously from the start, and has left the Patriots somewhere between deflating cheaters and clean of all punishment. They ballsed up the measuring of the balls in the sting, they leaked false information to Mortensen. The Patriots weren't hugely helpful at first either, but they did at least have the distraction of a Super Bowl to get through first.

I'd say it was all hot air, but I think the Ideal Gas Law would have something to say about that ;)

pauldrulez 10-09-2015 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a reminder to join the Survival and Picks leagues before tomorrow...

Attachment 45180

ardeo 10-09-2015 01:02 PM

Managed to get 2 tickets for Lions Chiefs, which is good, but couldn't get 3 tickets for the Dolphins Jets as all the cheap tickets had gone then spent too long trying got check with my mate.

I might try and pick up a cheap ticket for the Bills Jags game from a tout as I doubt that will sell out and they might be offloading cheaper than face value just before/after kick off.

jazman 10-09-2015 01:18 PM

Any survival games etc to sign up this season guys?

Beckenham Boy 10-09-2015 02:01 PM

Got 3 tickets to the Jets Dolphins game whilst on the train to Victoria with signal dropping in and out. Result. End Zone row 11

Benzhiyi 10-09-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 12573198)
Any survival games etc to sign up this season guys?

Swanny posted the details on the Fantasy League thread. I'll bump them now.

Swanny32 10-09-2015 04:37 PM

Picks league:
ID: 11347
Password: palace

Survival league:
ID: 5586
Password: palace

Both on Yahoo as normal chaps.

jazman 10-09-2015 05:03 PM

Cheers fellas!

pauldrulez 10-09-2015 11:37 PM

The more I watch Hard Knocks and think back to last season, it's insane to me that JJ Watt wasn't the league MVP.

He is the best player in the league, and other than Gronkowski, there isn't a player in the league that gets close to dominating how he does. I give the edge to Watt because he impacts every play, but they are physical monsters.

Texans defense could be legit this year if Clowney gets healthy, especially with the addition of Vince and the rookie CB whose name escapes me right now. Fun team to watch... Despite the QB situation. Hopkins is high echelon too.

oz_da II 10-09-2015 11:58 PM

Can't be too much value to a team if that team can't make the playoffs.

Funk Butter 11-09-2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 12573982)
Can't be too much value to a team if that team can't make the playoffs.

Watt might be able to catch TDs, but he can't throw it to himself.

JohnInTheUSA 11-09-2015 02:05 AM

Let's go Yinzers! Smash the cheats!