CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 15-09-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo (Post 13227289)
He got the money for being a second tier receiver though, which he's never demonstrated. Kick returns, end arounds and WR screens don't justify what he's getting. However in his defence he's never had much of a QB to throw to him, especially recently.

Once they get a proper coaching staff in, we'll see if it is his problem or not

pauldrulez 15-09-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo (Post 13227292)
You just wait until he guts the team and fills it with crappy ducks. Also once teams work out how to stop his offence that defence will get run down and stop being dominant (they also can't play the Rams every week).

That team has been gutted already. I don't see SF getting 5 wins, but if they do, he deserved a lot of credit because the team stinks.

aj4england 16-09-2016 09:29 AM

Was surprised to see the bills favourite last night in a short week with the injuries they had. Quite a decent game.

ardeo 16-09-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 13228067)
That team has been gutted already. I don't see SF getting 5 wins, but if they do, he deserved a lot of credit because the team stinks.

It's entirely possible they will, but having watched Chip for 3 seasons, he can't build a super bowl winning team, his defence and team is always wrecked by the end of the year, and he values his system over talent, which just doesn't work at NFL level. So he ends up with a low talent knackered team.

ardeo 16-09-2016 07:24 PM

TNF was great fun, enjoyed watching that condensed on my lunch break.

pauldrulez 16-09-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo (Post 13229019)
It's entirely possible they will, but having watched Chip for 3 seasons, he can't build a super bowl winning team, his defence and team is always wrecked by the end of the year, and he values his system over talent, which just doesn't work at NFL level. So he ends up with a low talent knackered team.

Which is why I am interested to see if he will change that up somewhat. He has to learn from that experience. The offensive style does work, dependent on a variety of things.

The D could be good in SF eventually. Armstead and Buckner are huge!

pauldrulez 16-09-2016 08:02 PM

I echo the thoughts about Bills-Jets.

Enjoyable.

Naturally, after their Defensive failures, Rex has fired the Offensive Co-ordinator.

The Ryans are a joke.

Funk Butter 17-09-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 13229049)
I echo the thoughts about Bills-Jets.

Enjoyable.

Naturally, after their Defensive failures, Rex has fired the Offensive Co-ordinator.

The Ryans are a joke.

Well, when you hire a defensive coordinator who's defenses have only ranked in the top half of the league twice in his career, you get what you deserve.

pauldrulez 17-09-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 13229311)
Well, when you hire a defensive coordinator who's defenses have only ranked in the top half of the league twice in his career, you get what you deserve.

When you hire your brother with those statistics, you get what you deserve eventually.

pauldrulez 18-09-2016 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did anyone spot someone jogging behind the Keenums on the final episode of Hard Knocks?!

Attachment 47342

Funk Butter 18-09-2016 05:03 AM

Figure this would be the place where this would get appreciated.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...wshuyafovz.gif

BLUE BOY 18-09-2016 02:09 PM

Despite the poor showing last week I expect the Rams to play the Seahawks real close tonight. RW3 is limited and the Rams have really had the Seahawks number last few times we have played.

aj4england 18-09-2016 02:18 PM

Something inside me says the Buccs could cause an upset. Not quite sure why though.

pauldrulez 18-09-2016 08:49 PM

NFL sat there with erections now that the Patriots are finally at a disadvantage.

aj4england 18-09-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 13231801)
NFL sat there with erections now that the Patriots are finally at a disadvantage.

Well, only for 2 weeks until Brady is back. Classic Cleveland Browns! Kelvin Benjamim back for Panthers is looking so key.

Giants learning how to win games this year that last year they'd lose.

Tripod 10 18-09-2016 11:34 PM

Good win for Dallas and great to see Morris with the game winning score against his old team.
Elliott looks to be decent and Zak looks very composed. Really good to see Dallas with mobile QB.
Completes a great weekend with wins for Palace, Dallas Cowboys and Real Mallorca.

CT_Palace 19-09-2016 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE BOY (Post 13230779)
Despite the poor showing last week I expect the Rams to play the Seahawks real close tonight. RW3 is limited and the Rams have really had the Seahawks number last few times we have played.

snigger snigger

Vince Hilaire's Afro 19-09-2016 01:29 AM

Panthers wore down SF, but they did have their moments.

Ultimately, the score should have been even more one sided but the Panthers did their best to throw it in the 4th before their late scores.

SF ran the ball well and Gabbert did well at his game manager stuff, but he unravelled a bit at the end when having to go for it a bit more

CT_Palace 19-09-2016 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 13232297)
Panthers wore down SF, but they did have their moments.

Ultimately, the score should have been even more one sided but the Panthers did their best to throw it in the 4th before their late scores.

SF ran the ball well and Gabbert did well at his game manager stuff, but he unravelled a bit at the end when having to go for it a bit more

I didn't see the game (not shown up here) but was surprised to see the score with about 4 mins to go. The 9ers were still within one score I think... then obviously something went tits up .

Vince Hilaire's Afro 19-09-2016 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13232340)
I didn't see the game (not shown up here) but was surprised to see the score with about 4 mins to go. The 9ers were still within one score I think... then obviously something went tits up .

Yeah a cam fumble and Ted Ginn doing a Rocky Balboa chasing a chicken impression whilst fielding a punt on his own 3 yard line gifted them points late on before Gabbert fell to pieces and Panthers made him pay