CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

hughff 30-12-2019 06:00 AM

Really should have lost too: careless by the Seahawks to delay the game and dreadful officiating not calling the obvious pass interference in the endzone on Hollister.

Congrats, you lucky, lucky bastard.

Hedgehog 30-12-2019 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 15036412)
... dreadful officiating not calling the obvious pass interference in the endzone on Hollister.

We don't need no stinking VAR!

davematt 30-12-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15036411)
Huge huge HUGE win for the 9ers

Really thought we were looking at yet another last minute loss to the Seahawks

Absolutely massive pal.

We needed this BYE week desperately given our normal season one was week 4.

Baring the Vikings causing a huge upset in New Orleans, it will either be the Eagles or Seahawks (again) at home in two weeks.

Get Dee Ford and Jaquiski Tartt healthy and suddenly our defence will look a lot different.

Lets go Niners!:lux:

davematt 30-12-2019 11:51 AM

So, looking at wildcard weekend and how games might fall, we could be looking at the following for Divisional Round Weekend...

Texans @ Ravens
Patriots @ Chiefs
Saints @ Packers
Seahawks @ 49ers

I'm sure Bills, Titans, Vikings and Eagles will all have other ideas, but those four match ups are all absolute box office.

And taking my 49er bias hat off for a moment, it would be the four I'd love to see as a neutral.

kayjay 31-12-2019 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 15036630)

It will either be the Eagles or Seahawks (again) at home in two weeks.

Lets go Niners!:lux:

Eagles limped into the playoffs with no names healthy in offense.
This is the game to take the over on the spread.

Wentz the 1st 4,000 yard passer in history without a 500 yd receiver.
Tannehill the first QB since Montana to complete 70% in a season.

You could hear a pin drop at Foxboro in the last minute :D

Funk Butter 31-12-2019 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 15037583)
Tannehill the first QB since Montana to complete 70% in a season.

Not sure about this one. I'm pretty sure Brees does this every year.

hughff 31-12-2019 06:10 AM

Six times, including the last four years. Of course he only played every game in five of those seasons!

kayjay 31-12-2019 10:26 AM

Let me check the Around the NFL Sunday Week 17 Reaction Show podcast, I must have heard wrong.

CT_Palace 02-01-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14990664)
Worth mentioning that ex-9er Frank Gore moved in to 3rd place in the all-time running backs list. 15th season in the NFL and amazingly he's only missed 2 games since 2010.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...the-impossible

aj4england 02-01-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 15036725)
So, looking at wildcard weekend and how games might fall, we could be looking at the following for Divisional Round Weekend...

Texans @ Ravens
Patriots @ Chiefs
Saints @ Packers
Seahawks @ 49ers

I'm sure Bills, Titans, Vikings and Eagles will all have other ideas, but those four match ups are all absolute box office.

And taking my 49er bias hat off for a moment, it would be the four I'd love to see as a neutral.

Agree - though personally I really do not want to see Pats. I also believe that the Cheifs vs Titans could be a 35+ vs 35+. Of course the Pats vs Cheifs has more intrigue on paper, though wouldnt be for me.

Bills vs Texans for me is a coin toss. What Texans turns up who knows. The Bills will be out to stifle and do this better than most.

As a bit of intrigue, what would everyones idea of divisional and superbowl predictions be. I have long fancied the Saints (within this thread even) and that hasnt changed, despite having a tough route.

Personally.

Ravens vs Cheifs
Saints vs 49ers

Superbowl
Saints vs Cheifs

Winner
Saints

adman50 02-01-2020 03:53 PM

I think it will be a Saints Ravens final gonna be a real battle hopefully after last years anti climatic final.

I think saints will win by 3 scores this weekend against vikings.

Texans to beat Bill's.

Ravens win comfortable.

Lastly...I'm gonna take Titans in overtime in New England.

davematt 02-01-2020 04:11 PM

Wild Card Weekend:

Bills @ Texans - Texans
Titans @ Patriots - Patriots
Vikings @ Saints - Saints
Seahawks @ Eagles - Seahawks

Divisional Round Weekend:

Texans @ Ravens - Ravens
Patriots @ Chiefs - Chiefs
Saints @ Packers - Saints
Seahawks @ 49ers - 49ers

Conference Championship Weekend:

Chiefs @ Ravens - Ravens
Saints @ 49ers - Saints (:sob:)

Super Bowl:

Ravens vs. Saints - Ravens

CT_Palace 02-01-2020 04:14 PM

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Pats will out-defense The Chiefs.
Other than that I think results will go as most suspect

so,
Conf games:
Pats v Ravens
49ers v Saints

With Super Bowl
Ravens v Saints

Saints winning.

Funk Butter 02-01-2020 06:30 PM

People really thinking the Saints. I might be biased and remember them getting completely shut down by the Falcons at home, but I don't see it. I'm thinking that the Packers have been completely mysteriously coasting thru the season even though Rodgers hasn't been carrying them and will get thru the NFC.

aj4england 03-01-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15042145)
People really thinking the Saints. I might be biased and remember them getting completely shut down by the Falcons at home, but I don't see it. I'm thinking that the Packers have been completely mysteriously coasting thru the season even though Rodgers hasn't been carrying them and will get thru the NFC.

I guess for me I have little confidence in the Packers partly due to their schedule.

Out of their 16 games, only 4 came against now playoff teams.

They did win 3 out 4 (2 vs Vikings, 1 vs a Matt Moore KC and got slapped by 49ers).

For interest - record versus playoff teams this season (apologies if mistakes!)

Packers (3 and 1)
Ravens - 6 (5 and 1)
49ers - 5 (3:2 - 1 loss in OT)
Saints - 4 (3 and 1)
Pats - 6 (3 and 3)
KC - 6 (3 and 3)
Eagles - 6 (3 and 3)
Titans - 5 (2 and 3)
Texans - 6 (3 and 3)
Bills - 5 (1 and 4) (Worry for the Bills - 71 points scored and the only win coming against a Mariota titans. Defence will need to be unreal to get far in the playoffs).
Vikings - 5 (1 and 4)


Apparently Seahawks had the hardest schedule, with the Pats the easiest this season...

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/str...f-schedule.php

adman50 03-01-2020 11:51 AM

Garrett finally gone. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...16c6aa8b0c.gif

aj4england 03-01-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman50 (Post 15042758)

What took so long :D

adman50 03-01-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15042769)
What took so long :D

Haha honestly I've been checking for four days and it was looking more and more likely an extension was incoming.

I think the theory they were looking to move him upstairs make sense and that is why it took time.

I expect he'll end up with the Browns or for the Giants.

Relief hopefully we can be competitive next season now.

aj4england 03-01-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman50 (Post 15042776)
Haha honestly I've been checking for four days and it was looking more and more likely an extension was incoming.

I think the theory they were looking to move him upstairs make sense and that is why it took time.

I expect he'll end up with the Browns or for the Giants.

Relief hopefully we can be competitive next season now.

Madness when you see Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Cooper having to watch Eagles 2nd and 3rd string at home to a battle tested but limited Seahawks team this weekend

adman50 03-01-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15042960)
Madness when you see Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Cooper having to watch Eagles 2nd and 3rd string at home to a battle tested but limited Seahawks team this weekend

I'm a glutton for punishment what can I say. Palace ruin most my Saturdays and Dallas the Sundays haha!

Worst part is I work for a US firm headquartered in San Fran so I have the 49ers giving shit and then we have an office on the east coast with eagles and giants fans. It's not been a good few weeks [emoji1787]


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.