CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 23-09-2008 04:01 PM

I was impressed with the McNabb/Westbrook link up at the Texas Stadium in week 2. Think it's key for you guys this year.

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 04:41 PM

Lot of injuries going around again this week - Saints, already with 6 of their week 1 starters out, are going to lose Shockey for 4-6 weeks with a sports hernia.

It's been a strange start to the season - the team that keeps their starters fit longest might just win the Superbowl :D

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 23-09-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Swanny32
I hope Westbrooks injury isn't that bad, convinced that had he not picked up that injury we would have battered the Steelers. Any news on McNabbs chest injury, he said it wasn't anything to worry about after the game on Sunday but knowing his previous record with injuries.....
Whoo hoo a fellow Eagles fan, I thought for a while there that I was on my own against all the Glory hunting Pats, Fins, Cowgirls (Sorry Jazman :p ) fans...................Hopefully McNabb will be okay, it did not sound to serious when he was being interviewed on NFL Game Day! and he did go out again in the 2nd half!!

I also thought Kolb looked quite good when he came on for those couple of series..............I wonder whether Paulderulz etal would rather have Kolb as their no1 rather than Cassell. I will have to ask my Bro that one :hi:

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 06:17 PM

I'd rather have my gran at QB than Cassel... and she's been dead 15 years.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 23-09-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazman
I was impressed with the McNabb/Westbrook link up at the Texas Stadium in week 2. Think it's key for you guys this year.
True.....B W is the main man, well he certainly was last season and a fully fit McNabb looks mightly impressive. I also thought Buckhalter looks good and as for the defence - apart form the the game against your lot look pretty impressive. The Steelers game was a true slugfest - just how I like it! :lux:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 23-09-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
:eek: That bad, ouch! :(

jazman 23-09-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Whoo hoo a fellow Eagles fan, I thought for a while there that I was on my own against all the Glory hunting Pats, Fins, Cowgirls (Sorry Jazman :p ) fans...................Hopefully McNabb will be okay, it did not sound to serious when he was being interviewed on NFL Game Day! and he did go out again in the 2nd half!!

I also thought Kolb looked quite good when he came on for those couple of series..............I wonder whether Paulderulz etal would rather have Kolb as their no1 rather than Cassell. I will have to ask my Bro that one :hi:

Glory hunting? Gimme a break ... ;)

jazman 23-09-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

:D :D :D

I just wish I didn't have tea in my mouth when I read that ... as I haven't now!!! :o

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

:D :D :D

I just wish I didn't have tea in my mouth when I read that ... as I haven't now!!! :o

Be careful to wipe the keyboard before you get an electric shock...

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 07:13 PM

Willie Parker out next week. Maybe Ben will have to throw some more. Maybe I should pick Holmes for my fantasy team!

pauldrulez 23-09-2008 08:57 PM

Some news this week

All from Adam Schefters blog:

Quote:

RAMS BENCH BULGER
Must be something in the water this week with quarterbacks and changes.

Details still are emerging but the Rams have benched quarterback Marc Bulger and replaced him with Trent Green, who will start this week when St. Louis hosts the 3-0 Buffalo Bills.
Quote:

Sounds like today is the day. The Raiders will fire Lane Kiffin, and the guillotine could fall soon.

From the moment the Raiders lost another game, Kiffin was going to be on the clock. He went on the clock Sunday afternoon, about 4 p.m. ET, following Oakland’s 24-23 loss in Buffalo, and the official word is expected to come as early as today. Receivers coach James Lofton and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan are the leading candidates to replace Kiffin.
Has now been updated with:

Quote:

Despite the rampant speculation, Lane Kiffin will not be fired Monday, a Raiders source confirmed. “There’s nothing happening today,” said one Raiders source. “It ain’t happening.”

Asked if Kiffin will be coaching the Raiders on Sunday, all the person would say is, “Nothing’s going to happen today.”

Hmm. Tuesday is the players’ day off, and that would be a natural day to make a coaching change. But if Tuesday comes and goes without a Kiffin firing, then it is conceivable that Raiders owner Al Davis will wait until after Sunday’s game against San Diego, when Oakland will be heading into its bye week.

But for Monday, Kiffin is off the clock. Tuesday it starts back up again.

I wish he would make his mind up.

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 09:11 PM

You can't exactly blame Schefter for that - no-one knows what goes on in Al Davis' head sometimes.

jazman 23-09-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Be careful to wipe the keyboard before you get an electric shock...
I left that for the cleaners ... :p

pauldrulez 23-09-2008 09:20 PM

It wasnt Schefter, it was more Al Davis.

As said, its like working for SJ.

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 09:23 PM

I do love these little irrational grudges you hold against people, Paul :D

I thought you were having a dig at Schefter changing his mind ;)

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

I left that for the cleaners ... :p

Cleaners? Posh b*gger.

pauldrulez 23-09-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

I do love these little irrational grudges you hold against people, Paul :D

I thought you were having a dig at Schefter changing his mind ;)

I dont like Schefter because of his smug grin every time he appears on Total Access. I love it when he gets proved wrong especially by Jamie Dukes.

Whereas Marshall Faulk is an arse.

jazman 23-09-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Cleaners? Posh b*gger.
I would love to make that claim but I meant the office cleaners. I'm now home and AM the cleaner .. :D

jazman 23-09-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
I dont like Schefter because of his smug grin every time he appears on Total Access. I love it when he gets proved wrong especially by Jamie Dukes.

Whereas Marshall Faulk is an arse.

I like those guys on Total Access and NFL Gameday ... crack me up, typical American in my view ... :)

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 09:33 PM

I can't wait to live in the US, in Colorado.

Sundays at 11am, the first match starts, then the second one at 2pm with the evening game at a reasonable 6.30pm.

Of course, when the Broncos are at home I'll be too busy tailgating :D