CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 27-10-2008 02:21 PM

Ours were very good as well. I was right next to scoreboard, to the right as you are looking at it. So a quick turn of my head on replays and my very own massive screen to watch! :g

saxoneagle 27-10-2008 02:42 PM

Stop talking about it - it's not fair :(

Swanny32 27-10-2008 03:17 PM

Oh what a day, got into the ground just in time for the Stereophonics and cheerleaders, drank loads of beer, whooped and hollared like a proper NFL fan in the states, high fives and everything! Thought the game was fantastic, some big plays, Brees was superb which can't have been easy against his old team mates unfortunately though I missed the safety at the end because i had broken the seal and needed a wee!

All in all had a great time and really enjoyed my first ever NFL game, really looking forward to the game being announced for next year as once that is confirmed i can then start looking forward to the actual game!

Also managed to bag myself a Westbrook Philly shirt before the game! No worrying about whether its official because it was bought from the official stand! GET IN! Might wear it for the Forest game tomorrow.

pauldrulez 27-10-2008 03:24 PM

Look for the Blue Moss shirt, the Patriots visor or the Grey Belichick hoodie in the Holmesdale tomorrow and Saturday :hi:

Will have at least one of the 3 on.

Having trouble with my phone, am trying to get the pictures on but the bastard is refusing to load.

nookiebear 27-10-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
None at all,

I thought Brees was excellent avoiding the oncoming rush.

You sure we were at the same game? I thought the Chargers' pass rush was almost non-existent.

Swanny32 27-10-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
You sure we were at the same game? I thought the Chargers' pass rush was almost non-existent.

There were a couple of instances when he had to duck and weave away from oncoming tackles but i can only think of two, mind you the beer was kicking in by half way through the 3rd quarter so suppose there could have been more after that.

I really shouldn't have drunk yesterday and paid more attention, the problem was that i went with my cousin who is half american and attended Ohio State (hence the Buckeyes logo in my avatar) so he is used to going along to watch the Buckeyes in front of 105,000 people and you start drinking at silly o'clock in the morning and stop drinking at silly o'clock in the morning.

nookiebear 27-10-2008 03:45 PM

One thing I found interesting about yesterday was the crowd

They were much more partisan this year, screaming and shouting when the Chargers had the ball. It felt more like a Saints home game this year than it did a Dolphins home game last year

It felt more like an atmosphere you'd get at a game in the States

Strathclyde Eagle 27-10-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear

I think there was one instance where he had to step forward and left to make some space to pass, but that was about it.

nookiebear 27-10-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I think there was one instance where he had to step forward and left to make some space to pass, but that was about it.

Indeed. That's not what I'd call a rush :)

Strathclyde Eagle 27-10-2008 03:53 PM

Seems we all missed the Vernon Davis storyline yesterday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ek8/index.html

Swanny32 27-10-2008 03:57 PM

Don't know if this has been mentioned on here yet but they are thinking about having 2 games next year or the year after.

Also thinking about having a permanent based London side

saxoneagle 27-10-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Seems we all missed the Vernon Davis storyline yesterday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ek8/index.html

Nice pics of the lovely Marissa Miller on that link, too ;)

nookiebear 27-10-2008 04:41 PM

Clinton Portis has 944 yards rushing already this season

Wondering if he might break the record... He needs 2106

He needs 145 every game

pauldrulez 27-10-2008 04:56 PM

There wasnt a rush the whole game, but what I'm referring to was Brees getting himself in and out of the tackles early in the match when his protection was not at its greatest.

I was supporting the Saints, I wonder if it was maybe to do with the Chargers being hated, and the Giants and the Phins being liked and with it being the first game people werent sure what to do. And with the Saints getting the early lead and the Saints coaches trying to get the crowd involved, it was more like a NFL crowd.

Someone gave this as an excuse to play at Murrayfield: "There were empty seats, they should play it at Murrayfield which fits 66k then there would be no empty seats."

Er, wouldnt there be 17000 people that would miss out on tickets if people wanted to go again.

Bring on 2009, I want to see 2 games here and 2 in USA. That game yesterday has strengthened my love for the game :love: ;)

Swanny32 27-10-2008 05:17 PM

So who do you reckon we are likely to see next year?

For pure publicity boosting I think we'll get a couple of the lesser known teams like Browns/Ravens/Buccs however I would love to see my beloved Eagles over here, McNabb, Westbrook, Jackson, Cole, Akers......who wouldn't wanna see that lot! They'd do the NFL proud.

pauldrulez 27-10-2008 05:25 PM

Its not going to be the Cowboys. Thats a certainty after Jerry Jones's comments.

Its going to be AFC vs NFC.

It wont be a team we have seen already.

Here is a list I "borrowed" from NFLUK.com
Quote:

CHI at BAL
DET at BAL
CLE at CHI
CHI at CIN
DET at CIN
GB at CLE
MIN at CLE
OAK at DAL
DAL at DEN
CLE at DET
BAL at GB
CIN at GB
PIT at GB
SEA at HOU
SEA at IND
STL at JAC
DAL at KC
BAL at MIN
CIN at MIN
PIT at MIN
ATL at NE
CAR at NE
ATL at NYJ
CAR at NYJ
PHI at OAK
WAS at OAK
DEN at PHI
KC at PHI
CHI at PIT
DET at PIT
JAC at SEA
TEN at SEA
HOU at STL
IND at STL
NE at TB
NTJ at TB
ATL at TEN
DEN at WAS
KC at WAS

The following were excluded for featuring teams who have already played here, Mexico, or Canada:

HOU at ARZ
IND at ARZ
BUF at ATL
MIA at ATL
NO at BUF
TB at BUF
BUF at CAR
MIA at CAR
SD at DAL
NYG at DEN
SF at HOU
SF at IND
ARZ at JAC
NYG at KC
NO at MIA
TB at MIA
NE at NO
NYJ at NO
OAK at NYG
SD at NYG
PHI at SD
WAS at SD
JAC at SF
TEN at SF
ARZ at TEN
Wouldnt mind seeing Devin Hester.

The Krafts wont give up a home game. Patriots @ Buccaneers it is :)

pauldrulez 27-10-2008 05:26 PM

Oh,

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...9&id=645737344

My pics of the day.

Am going to try and upload the videos and see what happens.

saxoneagle 27-10-2008 05:32 PM

The Bears are a must, IMO. When growing up, everyone around me knew of the Bears and they seem to be quite a well followed team still in the UK. However, they don't have a really tasty non-conf match-up next year.

However, my choice from that list would be Denver vs Washington, Philly or Cowboys.

saxoneagle 27-10-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Its not going to be the Cowboys. Thats a certainty after Jerry Jones's comments.

Its going to be AFC vs NFC.

It wont be a team we have seen already.

The Krafts wont give up a home game. Patriots @ Buccaneers it is :)

Now all team owners have agreed to this, I don't think the Cowboys or Patriots would have much choice but to agree. They have "asked" teams to volunteer and as I believe, the Saints were more keen than the Chargers to go to London.

saxoneagle 27-10-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Oh,

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...9&id=645737344

My pics of the day.

Am going to try and upload the videos and see what happens.

Good pics, you forgot to use the focus though ;)

I've added you as a friend on Facebook although you look quite gay from your picture so I might have to un-add you later :g