CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

ardeo 25-09-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
No offence but Philly is not a great place .. did you see the episode by Louis Theroux?

AFAIK its actually meant to be one of the more historically interesting American cities and quite nice in parts. Like most major American cities it has a problem with very poor areas.

Swanny32 25-09-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
No offence but Philly is not a great place .. did you see the episode by Louis Theroux?

Yeah, I know although I didn't see the Louis Theroux thing, I don't think.

Luckily I'm only passionate about their Football team and from what I have been told I won't want to become all that passionate about the place itself although I have also been told their are SOME nice places to go to, I'll make my own mind up next year, kinda glad I'm staying a couple of hours away though in a nice family orientated suburban area about an hour from Pittsburg airport

jazman 25-09-2009 04:28 PM

No offence mean't fella's as I have never been there. I'm sure the programme showed the worst area's anyway ...

oz_da II 25-09-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Florida is probably my favorite place in the entire world.

Why's that?
Ask any American about Florida, their response:

Florida - Strange place, home of the deadbeat Dad

Swanny32 25-09-2009 04:34 PM

Because it has great weather, loads of incredibly hot girls, a good selection of sports teams to follow (although a long way from my beloved Eagles) and the best theme parks in the world! What else could you ask for.

jazman 25-09-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Why's that?
Ask any American about Florida, their response:

Florida - Strange place, home of the deadbeat Dad

And the tourist I would guess ...

jazman 25-09-2009 04:40 PM

You see, people keep banging on about Florida and two weeks at Disney but I've always felt why bother when you have the one in Paris, hence why we have been there about six times .... I know teh weather is better and it's on a bigger scale but it just doesn't interest me. A three day trip to Disneyland paris is idea ... couldn't face two weeks of walking round a park behind the kids ... I'd want to go to the States for other things rather than all that ...

ardeo 25-09-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
No offence mean't fella's as I have never been there. I'm sure the programme showed the worst area's anyway ...

Well Dallas sucks balls so there :D

I think what Louis' programme showed was a generalised problem with major American cities :(

oz_da II 25-09-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Because it has great weather, loads of incredibly hot girls, a good selection of sports teams to follow (although a long way from my beloved Eagles) and the best theme parks in the world! What else could you ask for.

Sounds like the Gold Coast (Queensland). A lot of deadbeat dads there too. ;)

jazman 25-09-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Well Dallas sucks balls so there :D

I think what Louis' programme showed was a generalised problem with major American cities :(

It very well could do for all I know ... :D

Swanny32 25-09-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
You see, people keep banging on about Florida and two weeks at Disney but I've always felt why bother when you have the one in Paris, hence why we have been there about six times .... I know teh weather is better and it's on a bigger scale but it just doesn't interest me. A three day trip to Disneyland paris is idea ... couldn't face two weeks of walking round a park behind the kids ... I'd want to go to the States for other things rather than all that ...

Jaz, you haven't seen Disney until you have seen Disney in Florida, there is sooooo much more to it than Euro, of which I have been before you ask.

Disney in Florida is split into about 5 or 6 different parks, Magic Kingdom - the retro park that has a huge cult following and the must see park before you die, although isn't all that great and only has Space Mountain for a bit of a thrill, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, MGM Studios and maybe one or two more but I can't think of them.

We didn't actually do all the Disney parks only Magic Kingdom, but just pulling off the 192 and into the enormous piece of land that is just purely Disney stuff is incredible, I'm 25 years old and felt like I was 8 again seeing all the Disney related signs and advertising boards etc. They also have some cracking golf courses, 4 or 5 feature hotels, proper mini golf courses not like the ones you get over here at the local beach with a brick and a used condom as obstacles. Then there are the nightclubs and restaurants. It really is staggering how much space Disney takes up, it's not just one park that a lot of people think it is.

Outside of Disney you have Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure which are right next to each other both owned by Universal. There is Sea World with Shamu the Killer Whale and it's brand new water park Aquatica which has a slide that goes under water with bottle nose dolphins (even if it is only for a split second), there's Wet 'n' Wild which is now predominantly used by black people but is still great fun with some amazing water rides. But for me, the one that you HAVE to go to when visiting Florida is Busch Gardens in Tampa, part Zoo/Safari park part theme park with some of the best roller coasters I have ever been on, one of which at the highest point of the ride you can see the Buccaneers stadium which was quite a site and considering it was on the other side of Tampa it looked bloody HUGE!

I've gone and gotten myself all excited now! Damn it, I wanna go back! It's expensive to do but if you can save your pennies it blows a trip to Euro Disney out of the water.

jazman 25-09-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Jaz, you haven't seen Disney until you have seen Disney in Florida, there is sooooo much more to it than Euro, of which I have been before you ask.

Disney in Florida is split into about 5 or 6 different parks, Magic Kingdom - the retro park that has a huge cult following and the must see park before you die, although isn't all that great and only has Space Mountain for a bit of a thrill, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, MGM Studios and maybe one or two more but I can't think of them.

We didn't actually do all the Disney parks only Magic Kingdom, but just pulling off the 192 and into the enormous piece of land that is just purely Disney stuff is incredible, I'm 25 years old and felt like I was 8 again seeing all the Disney related signs and advertising boards etc. They also have some cracking golf courses, 4 or 5 feature hotels, proper mini golf courses not like the ones you get over here at the local beach with a brick and a used condom as obstacles. Then there are the nightclubs and restaurants. It really is staggering how much space Disney takes up, it's not just one park that a lot of people think it is.

Outside of Disney you have Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure which are right next to each other both owned by Universal. There is Sea World with Shamu the Killer Whale and it's brand new water park Aquatica which has a slide that goes under water with bottle nose dolphins (even if it is only for a split second), there's Wet 'n' Wild which is now predominantly used by black people but is still great fun with some amazing water rides. But for me, the one that you HAVE to go to when visiting Florida is Busch Gardens in Tampa, part Zoo/Safari park part theme park with some of the best roller coasters I have ever been on, one of which at the highest point of the ride you can see the Buccaneers stadium which was quite a site and considering it was on the other side of Tampa it looked bloody HUGE!

I've gone and gotten myself all excited now! Damn it, I wanna go back! It's expensive to do but if you can save your pennies it blows a trip to Euro Disney out of the water.

I can quite imagine it does but to me that's not a trip to America .. I'd be more than happy to do a theme park in this country (out of season of course!) as well as travel to Paris for their version.

Swanny32 25-09-2009 05:24 PM

I can see where you are coming from but there is something about Florida that is special, I don't know what it is but it has such a good feeling as soon as you step off the plane.

The only other place I have been to in the US is Boston, MA. Stayed in a small town in the south of MA called Attleboro. Right ******* shit hole that was, wish I was properly into NFL then as I could have gone to see a Pats game, instead I just drove straight past the stadium and looked in amazement at the sheer size of it.

Swanny32 25-09-2009 05:24 PM

Anyway, you had enough time to think yet??

jazman 25-09-2009 05:36 PM

Been working rather than thinking ... will make the decision this evening .. :p

Swanny32 25-09-2009 06:29 PM

I'll keep checking back on here throughout the evening then

pauldrulez 25-09-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

The crux of the 49ers’ tampering charge still hasn’t been fleshed out publicly. But NFL security officials have already been tasked with the investigation, and three league sources told Yahoo! Sports the 49ers believe the Jets were in contact with Crabtree’s agent, Eugene Parker, to talk about the former Texas Tech wideout after he had already been selected in the draft...

...While it’s not known if San Francisco is alleging negotiations took place between Parker and the Jets, it’s worth noting that Deion Sanders, a former Parker client and self-described occasional “counselor” to Crabtree, insinuated in an interview with the NFL Network that Crabtree believes he can get “$40 million” from an NFL team.

Said Sanders in that interview, “Why would you settle for $20 million [from San Francisco] when you feel like you can get $40 million? That’s the problem.”

Sanders also reiterated that Crabtree would be willing to re-enter the 2010 draft, further fueling speculation the rookie has some kind of salary guarantee from another team. Theoretically, Crabtree could secure the contract he desires from another NFL team and then hold out the entire season, forcing the 49ers to eventually trade his rights – ideally to the team which has already hammered out the contract he desires...

...Barring the discovery of some significant evidence, the tampering charge will be difficult to prove. Many NFL front-office executives consider tampering to be a consistent league problem, whether it’s occurring with potential free agents or disgruntled stars looking for an exit strategy from a franchise. And it’s not uncommon for executives who have been long removed from the NFL to admit to some form of tampering (though they typically don’t name specific incidents).

Interestingly, former NFL executive Michael Lombardi told Showtime’s “Inside the NFL” this week that he took part in tampering during the course of his NFL career, which included stints in the front offices of the Cleveland Browns and Oakland Raiders.

“It’s very difficult to prove,” Lombardi said. “Trust me, I’ve been a tamperer. I’ve been in the NFL for over 20 years, so I have tampered my fair share of times.”

But rarely does a charge involve one team accusing another of undermining its negotiations with a draft pick. And that’s what makes the latest charge a hot-button issue in other league corners.
Quote:

“[Spygate] was limited,” said a high-ranking NFC executive. “That’s something where – that information or competitive edge or whatever you want to call it, was limited to one team gaining an advantage over another team. But that’s just two teams. … We all have first-round picks – 32 teams have first-round picks.

“It’s hard to prove if it did happen. But if it did, it’s cheating the whole draft. You shouldn’t even be thinking about someone else’s pick. When the draft is over, that’s their deal and you have your own [selections] to worry about. It’s none of your business what is happening in someone else’s [negotiations]. If that [tampering with draft picks] flies, we might as well just make all the college players free agents.”
Interesting.

Jets could be in big trouble if proven.

jazman 25-09-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I'll keep checking back on here throughout the evening then

So you are offering four players for two effectively? How does that help my roster as I will have to get rid of others to accomodate ...

jazman 25-09-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Interesting.

Jets could be in big trouble if proven.

And you'd be gutted right Paul? ;)

pauldrulez 25-09-2009 09:46 PM

Devastated

:lux:

If proven, they'll lose draft picks.

As said, doing this and sitting out a season, would affectively make all college players free agents.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.