CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 28-09-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
How do you think it will go? Not too much confidence here from the fans, our defence has been decimated by injuries. Of course, the Cowboys don't have a defence anyway so expect a high scoring game.

Panthers have been improving steadily, Steve Smith had an especially good game against the Falcons and could cause some probs. If they could just cut out the silly penalties and mistakes, Panthers can match most teams.

Don't get carried away by the Jake bashing, he showed some balls last week throwing into coverage, and behind all the sniping, he's got the stats over the years. Since he came into the NFL, he's in the top 5 pts accumulators amongst QB's.

Our punter is worried about hitting the scoreboard.

Should be a good game, hopefully Romo will throw more picks than Jake :)

I'm a little concerned. Week 1 wasn't a great result for you but it looked back for Jake but he and the Panthers responded well in week 2 I thought ... so it suggests that a win this week is on the cards ...

As for us, I didn't think as last week as a loss at all, just felt plain weird .. a game we should have won if it wasn't for the stupid picks but that's something that comes with Romo .. but if he does them early in the season the less chance it will happen later on ... who am I kidding??

I think we will win as our offence will plex it's muscles but I don't think it will be easy by any stretch ... Good luck fella.

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 07:18 PM

May the best team win :p

As long as Felix Jones has 150 yards and 2 TD's and D-Ware 5 sacks.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 28-09-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I'm a little concerned. Week 1 wasn't a great result for you but it looked back for Jake but he and the Panthers responded well in week 2 I thought ... so it suggests that a win this week is on the cards ...

As for us, I didn't think as last week as a loss at all, just felt plain weird .. a game we should have won if it wasn't for the stupid picks but that's something that comes with Romo .. but if he does them early in the season the less chance it will happen later on ... who am I kidding??

I think we will win as our offence will plex it's muscles but I don't think it will be easy by any stretch ... Good luck fella.

C'mon the Panthers :p

Vince Hilaire's Afro 28-09-2009 08:55 PM

Just booked tickets for Eagles @ Redskins. Anyone know any good hotels in DC?

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 09:17 PM

Pennington suspected to be out for the year.

You heard it hear first.

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 09:17 PM

Well, second after Twitter.

Swanny32 28-09-2009 09:22 PM

Wow, looked like a nothing tackle, couldn't see how he got hurt

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 09:27 PM

Made of glass.

Swanny32 28-09-2009 09:29 PM

These QB's, bunch of pansies!

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 09:31 PM

Especially those missing the last TWO games ;) ;)

Swanny32 28-09-2009 09:32 PM

Especially! Broken rib! HA! Wimp.

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 09:33 PM

:D

Swanny32 28-09-2009 09:35 PM

And those ones that miss an entire season and come back a quarter of the player they once were. Poof!

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 09:41 PM

Quarter?

And we're still 2-1 with a QB playing badly :lux:

jazman 28-09-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
C'mon the Panthers :p

You do suprise me :rolleyes: ;)

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 10:27 PM

Bring on the Ravens

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3205/...2a82bcd1_m.jpg

Benzhiyi 28-09-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Pennington suspected to be out for the year.

You heard it hear first.

I heard that straight after the game last night. Try again.

Benzhiyi 28-09-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Just booked tickets for Eagles @ Redskins. Anyone know any good hotels in DC?

Nookie and I always go for St Gregory's Hotel & Suites. Great location (near Dupont Circle and 20 mins walk from Georgetown), cheap, clean, quiet, politely staffed and with a good bar which does decent grub.

Wish I was there now, actually...

pauldrulez 28-09-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
I heard that straight after the game last night. Try again.

You should have posted it then. Peter King confirmed it.

In unrelated news:

Quote:

FOXBORO -- North Attleboro police Lt. David Dawes confirmed Monday that the department is investigating "an incident involving a [New England] Patriots player" that occurred over the weekend, though under Massachusetts law police do not have to offer more information if an investigation is ongoing.

The investigation is believed to involve a home invasion, in which the player's home was entered.

Cornerback Jonathan Wilhite -- who was not on the team's final injury report -- was a surprise scratch for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons. When asked after the game if Wilhite was a healthy scratch, coach Bill Belichick said Wilhite "had an injury [Sunday] morning."

Wilhite was spotted doing early warmups Sunday under the supervision of assistant strength and conditioning coach Harold Nash, but was removed from the active roster for the game. His agent, Jason Chayut, said Monday the injury was "nothing serious" and "did not require hospitalization."
Like the Sean Taylor break-in, it also happened on a Sunday Morning when players aren't normally there.

Shows that NFL players generally aren't safe. No matter how big a star you are. I believe it isn't the first time this year a Pats player has been targetted, but the first time it's resulted in injury.

AddiscombeEagle 28-09-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

:clown: :clown:

And I was going to be nice to you leading up to this game.:D :D

Hope Brady is looking forward to meeting Ray and the boys.