CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

chav_hater 31-12-2018 08:09 AM

When people refer to sportsmen by their first name:

“Vincente will be annoyed he hasn’t done better there”

“Novak has worked really hard on his serve this last year”

“Lewis can still catch Sebastian at turn 3”

CK 31-12-2018 10:22 AM

All bar Twiggy:love:

Sharkba1t 31-12-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14564874)
I see your Davina, and raise it with a Claudia..

I'll see your Claudia and raise it with a Victoria Beckham...

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 31-12-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14564216)
Get out in the countryside and do some walking



You lazy fecker



:p


Don't do that. It hurts and you get muddy.
Sell the running machine and buy a turbo trainer and second hand bike. Follow CTX videos on YouTube. [emoji3]

radiomike 31-12-2018 03:26 PM

Any programmes prefaced by the term ‘celebrity’ an instant turn off. Patronising assumption but sadly with an element of truth that there are many ‘celebrity ‘obsessed brits. The sort that buy the vacuous mind numbing ‘celebrity’ magazines and then tune in to the above drivel.

davech 31-12-2018 04:35 PM

Some drivel on BBC1 called 'Big Hero 6'.

I presume that means that they made 5 more of this utter garbage. Do kids actually watch this tosh? And why do cartoon kids always have such an ATTITUDE?

Bloody trash mesmerised me. I strongly suspect there is some evil subliminal message here.

Reps AJ 31-12-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14568746)
Some drivel on BBC1 called 'Big Hero 6'.

I presume that means that they made 5 more of this utter garbage. Do kids actually watch this tosh? And why do cartoon kids always have such an ATTITUDE?

Bloody trash mesmerised me. I strongly suspect there is some evil subliminal message here.

No, it's not a sequel

davech 31-12-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 14568757)
No, it's not a sequel

Phew!!

BERT'S HEAD 31-12-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14568746)
Some drivel on BBC1 called 'Big Hero 6'.

I presume that means that they made 5 more of this utter garbage. Do kids actually watch this tosh? And why do cartoon kids always have such an ATTITUDE?

Bloody trash mesmerised me. I strongly suspect there is some evil subliminal message here.

I remember Bar 6.

davech 31-12-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 14568769)
I remember Bar 6.

Wasn't that a chocolate wafer?

RazorsEdge 31-12-2018 06:10 PM

No Star wars movie this Christmas break, disgusting I had to watch some shite which apparently is family friendly.....what is the world coming to, not a single good movie out this Christmas....

Olympian2 31-12-2018 06:12 PM

People who post long, self-indulgent ‘Well, what a year it’s been’ posts on Facebook.

Yeah, yeah, I know - I should ditch them - or Facebook - or both......

Worksop Palace 31-12-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 14568871)
No Star wars movie this Christmas break, disgusting I had to watch some shite which apparently is family friendly.....what is the world coming to, not a single good movie out this Christmas....

Think there was. I was unfortunate to catch 30 seconds of it before I turned over

Joe85 31-12-2018 06:22 PM

Anyone who refers to themself as a "foodie’.

*****.

Olympian2 31-12-2018 06:25 PM

Pseudo-Liverpool ‘fans’ suddenly coming out of the closet & giving it the big un’ after 30 years....

BERT'S HEAD 31-12-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14568843)
Wasn't that a chocolate wafer?

Indeed, orange wrapper tasted bit like a Kit Kat.

Slimbloke'H' 31-12-2018 06:36 PM

Why on earth would you eat the wrapper?

elgin eagle 31-12-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 14568913)
Why on earth would you eat the wrapper?

Tasted a bit like a kit kat.

bubbs11 31-12-2018 07:08 PM

Listening to the newsreader right now proclaiming excitedly, ‘Massive celebrations in London and Edinburgh this evening’.

Celebrating what???? Did someone win something? No...one day is turning into another day - unbelievable. I can’t quite contain my excitement.

elgin eagle 31-12-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14568948)
Listening to the newsreader right now proclaiming excitedly, ‘Massive celebrations in London and Edinburgh this evening’.

Celebrating what???? Did someone win something? No...one day is turning into another day - unbelievable. I can’t quite contain my excitement.

I know what you mean mate.

I can't keep my eyes open already. No way will I see the russian new year, let alone the British version.

Saturday 22nd went to man City
Sunday 23rd went to elgin
Monday 24th came back
Tuesday 25th went to elgin and back after work
Wednesday 26th went to Liverpool then Cyprus
Thursday 27th worked on flat all day
Friday 28th flew to Bournemouth then trains/buses to Liverpool then drove home
Saturday 29th went to Aviemore and back
Sunday 30th went to Palace and back
Today up at 4am for work.

Am fecked. One can of Strongbow and I'll be out.

bubbs11 31-12-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14568966)
I know what you mean mate.

I can't keep my eyes open already. No way will I see the russian new year, let alone the British version.

Saturday 22nd went to man City
Sunday 23rd went to elgin
Monday 24th came back
Tuesday 25th went to elgin and back after work
Wednesday 26th went to Liverpool then Cyprus
Thursday 27th worked on flat all day
Friday 28th flew to Bournemouth then trains/buses to Liverpool then drove home
Saturday 29th went to Aviemore and back
Sunday 30th went to Palace and back
Today up at 4am for work.

Am fecked. One can of Strongbow and I'll be out.

Please tell me there was a least one eBay transaction in all that travelling? I’d be concerned if there wasn’t

elgin eagle 31-12-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14568973)
Please tell me there was a least one eBay transaction in all that travelling? I’d be concerned if there wasn’t

:D

Incredibly there wasn't. Mostly due to the fact that I can't get the garage door open anymore. It opens halfway then hits the top of the multi gym I managed to get in there. There's an industrial exercise bike there too but it's too heavy to move, even after using the multi gym. I went back to south norwood and got the speakers for the telly but technically that was for an earlier ebay transaction so doesn't count.

bubbs11 31-12-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14568981)
:D

Incredibly there wasn't. Mostly due to the fact that I can't get the garage door open anymore. It opens halfway then hits the top of the multi gym I managed to get in there. There's an industrial exercise bike there too but it's too heavy to move, even after using the multi gym. I went back to south norwood and got the speakers for the telly but technically that was for an earlier ebay transaction so doesn't count.

Hang on, I’ve just consulted VAR....

IT COUNTS! :lux:

elgin eagle 31-12-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14568983)
Hang on, I’ve just consulted VAR....

IT COUNTS! :lux:

:D

Lately I've been using this thing called a 'post office'? Not really sure if it will catch on, but stuff seems to arrive without me spending hours and money going to collect it. All a bit alien to me if I'm honest. Could have had a dog in Bournemouth but that wasn't ebay.

Jim Cannon 31-12-2018 08:37 PM

Not getting paid today when I should have been.

bubbs11 31-12-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14568986)
:D

Lately I've been using this thing called a 'post office'? Not really sure if it will catch on, but stuff seems to arrive without me spending hours and money going to collect it. All a bit alien to me if I'm honest. Could have had a dog in Bournemouth but that wasn't ebay.

:eek:

CP-RJW 31-12-2018 09:19 PM

The excessive hype around new year’s. I’m still going out and all, but never got that excitement.

RazorsEdge 31-12-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14568890)
Think there was. I was unfortunate to catch 30 seconds of it before I turned over

:vader:

:)

Maidstoned Eagle 01-01-2019 03:52 AM

Audiences at gigs...tonights specials were two.women asking me if we could.do some " happy new year music like Abba" we are a 4 piece rock band...what do you think? A bloke who decided the best time to ask our guitarist who played a particular song was as he was playing the intro to the next one and several idiots who think I can hold a conversation with them whilst I'm singing.

Worksop Palace 01-01-2019 11:07 AM

January. Seriously, just fvck off

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14568986)
:D

Lately I've been using this thing called a 'post office'? Not really sure if it will catch on, but stuff seems to arrive without me spending hours and money going to collect it. All a bit alien to me if I'm honest. Could have had a dog in Bournemouth but that wasn't ebay.

These days you can also get the Palace result within seconds of the game ending from the comfort of your own home.

Isle of Wight 01-01-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14569234)
Audiences at gigs...tonights specials were two.women asking me if we could.do some " happy new year music like Abba" we are a 4 piece rock band...what do you think? A bloke who decided the best time to ask our guitarist who played a particular song was as he was playing the intro to the next one and several idiots who think I can hold a conversation with them whilst I'm singing.

Well, did you play ABBA ? If not what Happy new year music did you play? Micheal Bubble? You are his spitting image and I bet you sound just like him.

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14569355)
These days you can also get the Palace result within seconds of the game ending from the comfort of your own home.

I must admit that joining the ranks of you armchair fans is becoming more and more appealing these days mate. The corporate bodge decision and half arsed divisive singing section idiot implementation have taken a lot of my passion away. Can put up with the 24 hour journeys as am usually pissed/asleep. But was always dreaming that with the 100 million windfall we would tear down the 3 cowsheds and build an acoustically brilliant structure around the holmesdale. Not pander to the whims of corporate wankers with tunnel clubs and hospitality lounges. Could have stuck them all round the top with perfect views close to the pitch with the right design. Not stripped the whitehorse to 11 rows and left the arthur in its dangerous state. *****.

Maz 01-01-2019 12:14 PM

Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569409)
I must admit that joining the ranks of you armchair fans is becoming more and more appealing these days mate. The corporate bodge decision and half arsed divisive singing section idiot implementation have taken a lot of my passion away. Can put up with the 24 hour journeys as am usually pissed/asleep. But was always dreaming that with the 100 million windfall we would tear down the 3 cowsheds and build an acoustically brilliant structure around the holmesdale. Not pander to the whims of corporate wankers with tunnel clubs and hospitality lounges. Could have stuck them all round the top with perfect views close to the pitch with the right design. Not stripped the whitehorse to 11 rows and left the arthur in its dangerous state. *****.

A guy who cannot manage the contents of his own garage in a way that he can actually open the door properly is the last person who should be giving advice on ground improvements :D

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

:D

He is a very passionate person.

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14569421)
A guy who cannot manage the contents of his own garage in a way that he can actually open the door properly is the last person who should be giving advice on ground improvements :D

:D

Its an acoustically brilliant garage though :p

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

Haha a lot of them are post-annoyance banter :) they dont count as annoyances.

Eaglesmad123 01-01-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569409)
I must admit that joining the ranks of you armchair fans is becoming more and more appealing these days mate. The corporate bodge decision and half arsed divisive singing section idiot implementation have taken a lot of my passion away. Can put up with the 24 hour journeys as am usually pissed/asleep. But was always dreaming that with the 100 million windfall we would tear down the 3 cowsheds and build an acoustically brilliant structure around the holmesdale. Not pander to the whims of corporate wankers with tunnel clubs and hospitality lounges. Could have stuck them all round the top with perfect views close to the pitch with the right design. Not stripped the whitehorse to 11 rows and left the arthur in its dangerous state. *****.

Have you discussed this with the club

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569430)
Haha a lot of them are post-annoyance banter :) they dont count as annoyances.

I hope the time you were in the back of my car after the FA cup final when we stopped off at a service station and BUBBS and I are starting talking to a Man U fan about the game for about 15 minutes has got a mention on this thread. You were bloody livid. You even rang Keltic from the car to have a moan about us :supergrin:

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569429)
:D

Its an acoustically brilliant garage though :p

You are thinking of turning into a recording studio aren't you? :eek:

Isle of Wight 01-01-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14569435)
I hope the time you were in the back of my car after the FA cup final when we stopped off at a service station and BUBBS and I are starting talking to a Man U fan about the game for about 15 minutes has got a mention on this thread. You were bloody livid. You even rang Keltic from the car to have a moan about us :supergrin:

Brilliant 👍🏻😀

Worksop Palace 01-01-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

Quality top 3 is that :supergrin:

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14569435)
I hope the time you were in the back of my car after the FA cup final when we stopped off at a service station and BUBBS and I are starting talking to a Man U fan about the game for about 15 minutes has got a mention on this thread. You were bloody livid. You even rang Keltic from the car to have a moan about us :supergrin:

I still dont know how you did it. I wanted to start windmilling in the queue for the burger king. You are far too cosmopolitan for the likes of me.

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14569441)
Brilliant 👍🏻😀

Elgin hates opposition fans.

We were watching Palace v Man U in a pub in Stirling, and Keltic had the bright idea of inviting his Man U supporting next door neighbour along.

If looks could kill.

To be fair Keltic's neighbour was as about as obnoxious as you could get for a Man U fan (which is saying something) and I was almost egging on Elgin to give him a slap, as he did deserve it.

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14569437)
You are thinking of turning into a recording studio aren't you? :eek:

If i hadnt had the hair transplant i woud have had a massive shed in the garden by now and only a half full garage.

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14569446)
Quality top 3 is that :supergrin:

Up your game Rich.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 01-01-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)


Lists that I try to resist looking at and then spend 10 minutes reviewing in detail.
:p

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14569446)
Quality top 3 is that :supergrin:

:p

davech 01-01-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

Looks like I might need to lighten up a bit in 2019.

Oops! That's another one now :D

RazorsEdge 01-01-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14569350)
January. Seriously, just fvck off

Only 30 more days and February will be here :)

Maidstoned Eagle 01-01-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

Chocks is 5th and hes been gone for almost 2 years. :supergrin:

Maidstoned Eagle 01-01-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14569384)
Well, did you play ABBA ? If not what Happy new year music did you play? Micheal Bubble? You are his spitting image and I bet you sound just like him.

I did my usual "this was an abba song" and play Pretty Vacant.

RazorsEdge 01-01-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

This made me laugh :)

Bless him

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569453)
If i hadnt had the hair transplant i woud have had a massive shed in the garden by now and only a half full garage.

Your shed would need to be at least 100 feet tall.

Worksop Palace 01-01-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 14569460)
Only 30 more days and February will be here :)

Not sure how I’m gonna make it mate. Is there any cricket on ?

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14568966)
Friday 28th flew to Bournemouth

Point of order, “Bournemouth International Airport” is actually located in Christchurch.

FACT.

RazorsEdge 01-01-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14569446)
Quality top 3 is that :supergrin:

Long way to go to beat Elgin :)

RazorsEdge 01-01-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14569465)
Not sure how I’m gonna make it mate. Is there any cricket on ?

Yup Australia V India and I do hope the Aus loose.

England tour of windies is end of Jan, got 22 days to wait for the first test :(

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569466)
Point of order, “Bournemouth International Airport” is actually located in Christchurch.

FACT.

I know that now. I got out and asked a bloke where the bus stop for the station was. He took the bit of straw out of his mouth and said 'its down there but there isnt one for about 2 hours. We only get 3 flights land a day in winter'. Was 18 quid in a cab but luckily i saw a cypriot looking equally perplexed and we shared one.

RazorsEdge 01-01-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14569464)
Your shed would need to be at least 100 feet tall.



Bit like OJ on this clip?

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14569464)
Your shed would need to be at least 100 feet tall.

Cheaper to buy next door and convert it into a shed :)

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569480)
I know that now. I got out and asked a bloke where the bus stop for the station was. He took the bit of straw out of his mouth and said 'its down there but there isnt one for about 2 hours. We only get 3 flights land a day in winter'. Was 18 quid in a cab but luckily i saw a cypriot looking equally perplexed and we shared one.

Another point of order, if you take the train to Bournemouth station you then need to get a bus or taxi to actually reach Bournemouth.

FACT.

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 01:03 PM

Out of interest, did you take a taxi from “Bournemouth International Airport” to Christchurch or Bournemouth train station?

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569493)
Another point of order, if you take the train to Bournemouth station you then need to get a bus or taxi to actually reach Bournemouth.

FACT.

Is nothing actually in Bournemouth? It sounds like Atlantis for bumpkins :)

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 14569485)


Bit like OJ on this clip?

:D

BERT'S HEAD 01-01-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569493)
Another point of order, if you take the train to Bournemouth station you then need to get a bus or taxi to actually reach Bournemouth.

FACT.

Or take a 20 minute walk that ranks as far more depressing than even Blackpool can deliver. I believe there is a more scenic route avoiding the town.

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569497)
Is nothing actually in Bournemouth?

Students and scouse drug addicts mainly.

BERT'S HEAD 01-01-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569506)
Students and scouse drug addicts mainly.

Graffiti, tacky shops, benches in the shopping centre covered in bird shite. Couldn't believe how depressing the place is.

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569496)
Out of interest, did you take a taxi from “Bournemouth International Airport” to Christchurch or Bournemouth train station?

Bournemouth station mate. Apparently Christchurch station has even less trains than Bournemouth 'international' airport has aeroplanes.

Isle of Wight 01-01-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

I am gutted I am only 13th. New years resolution is to get more grumpy.:mad:

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569527)
Bournemouth station mate. Apparently Christchurch station has even less trains than Bournemouth 'international' airport has aeroplanes.

No wonder the taxi cost so much, it’s nearly twice the distance. :D

And every train that stops at Bournemouth also stops at Christchurch.:D

davech 01-01-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

Just noticed the list actually updates with new posts. I'm going for it now!

Worksop Palace 01-01-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14569530)
I am gutted I am only 13th. New years resolution is to get more grumpy.:mad:

Pm me if you need any advice

Coastal Palace 01-01-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 14569523)
Graffiti, tacky shops, benches in the shopping centre covered in bird shite. Couldn't believe how depressing the place is.

Haven't been to Bournemouth in yonks but I'm surprised about that.
It always used to be a better class of coastal town.

ExiledStirling 01-01-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14569558)
Pm me if you need any advice

He should PM the top guy, not you. You are only third on the list. Loser.

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569549)
No wonder the taxi cost so much, it’s nearly twice the distance. :D

And every train that stops at Bournemouth also stops at Christchurch.:D

Mine never. The first stop was Brockenhurst, then Southampton.

https://www.thetrainline.com/m/results/outbound/journeyDetails/p38UvChd1%2BA%3D?from=urn%3Atrainline%3Ageneric%3A loc%3Abmh5876gb&isSGP=false&journeyType=single&out bound=after&outboundTime=2019-01-01T13%3A45%3A00&passengers=%5B%7B"age"%3A27%7D%5D& to=urn%3Atrainline%3Ageneric%3Aloc%3Aman2968gb

Is christchurst the other way, towards poole?

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14569550)
Just noticed the list actually updates with new posts. I'm going for it now!

Nice to have a new years resolution :)

CT_Palace 01-01-2019 02:27 PM

When the wife is (possibly) right.

Tad concerning that I’m 7th on that list. A frequent comment of hers is my general grumpiness, which I always strenuously refute.
But what’s more concerning is that I’m more grumpy than PeterH, who I’m pretty sure has awards for outstanding grumpiness.

Maidstoned Eagle 01-01-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569506)
Students and scouse drug addicts mainly.

Which are you?

little al 01-01-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569527)
Bournemouth station mate. Apparently Christchurch station has even less trains than Bournemouth 'international' airport has aeroplanes.

Should have gone to Christchurch and bought Blind a pint in The Railway.

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14569603)
Should have gone to Christchurch and bought Blind a pint in The Railway.

I know. If id planned it better i would have. Could have picked his brain about Porton Down and other military matters.

Mr Mojo Risin 01-01-2019 07:35 PM

You Tube “influencers”. Narcissistic people with no discernible talent or employability wittering on about make up or their brattish kids. These people have millions of followers - the internet really is full of rubbish.

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14569599)
Which are you?

Have you got alzheimers?

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14569582)
Mine never. The first stop was Brockenhurst, then Southampton.

https://www.thetrainline.com/m/results/outbound/journeyDetails/p38UvChd1%2BA%3D?from=urn%3Atrainline%3Ageneric%3A loc%3Abmh5876gb&isSGP=false&journeyType=single&out bound=after&outboundTime=2019-01-01T13%3A45%3A00&passengers=%5B%7B"age"%3A27%7D%5D& to=urn%3Atrainline%3Ageneric%3Aloc%3Aman2968gb

Is christchurst the other way, towards poole?

That link doesn’t work Elgin.

At a guess you were on the Manchester Piccadilly service? AFAIK it is the only service which doesn’t stop at both stations.

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569985)
That link doesn’t work Elgin.

At a guess you were on the Manchester Piccadilly service? AFAIK it is the only service which doesn’t stop at both stations.

Yeah I was mate. Typical. Mind you I got home at 2am as it was, probably for the best.

Stellavista 01-01-2019 08:43 PM

Journalists who aren't from London banging on about being Londoners. You're not. F*ck off.

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 08:46 PM

Sanding down floors. Mind you Bourne Seal is wicked stuff by the looks. Much better than varnish (highly annoyingly as I have shitloads of that).

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 08:50 PM

If you ever wonder about odd shit Elgin then ask just why the Manchester bound service doesn’t stop in towns like Christchurch (population 46,000) but pretty much always stops at Brockenhurst (population 3,500 + one aristocrat with an estate in the north)

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569995)
If you ever wonder about odd shit Elgin then ask just why the Manchester bound service doesn’t stop in towns like Christchurch (population 46,000) but pretty much always stops at Brockenhurst (population 3,500 + one aristocrat)

Maybe he doesnt want Christchurch riff raff on his train. Who is he/she anyway?

Reps AJ 01-01-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569466)
Point of order, “Bournemouth International Airport” is actually located in Christchurch.

FACT.

It's been established that fact based geography is unwelcome on this thread

elgin eagle 01-01-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 14570001)
It's been established that fact based geography is unwelcome on this thread

There used to be a FACT thread but I don't remember where. Does seem like cross country are missing a trick though.

Selhurst300 01-01-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14569985)
That link doesn’t work Elgin.

At a guess you were on the Manchester Piccadilly service? AFAIK it is the only service which doesn’t stop at both stations.

What about the Waterloo fasts such as the 19.50 tonight? It stopped at Bournemouth but not at Christchurch. But trains never really were of great interest to you. :supergrin:

CP-RJW 01-01-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 14569928)
You Tube “influencers”. Narcissistic people with no discernible talent or employability wittering on about make up or their brattish kids. These people have millions of followers - the internet really is full of rubbish.

I could fill an entire thread for pages just with things that annoy me about YouTube and you tubers.

Blind_Eagle 01-01-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst300 (Post 14570040)
What about the Waterloo fasts such as the 19.50 tonight? It stopped at Bournemouth but not at Christchurch. But trains never really were of great interest to you. :supergrin:

Ghost trains.

cappuccinoeagle 01-01-2019 11:47 PM

Things that annoy you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14569418)
Elgin is the most annoyed poster on this thread. :)

I'm a fairly respectable 9th!

And another one - houses still with Christmas Lights - it’s the fecking New Year.

Stellavista 02-01-2019 12:42 AM

Dr Who

Hedgehog 02-01-2019 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14570091)
I'm a fairly respectable 9th!

And another one - houses still with Christmas Lights - it’s the fecking New Year.

I believe the tree and lights are acceptable for the 12 days of Christmas, which would be until January 5th.

That's always been my understanding anyway.

Can I not have this post counted in the Grumpy Old Men league table being banded about on here?

Stellavista 02-01-2019 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14570110)
I believe the tree and lights are acceptable for the 12 days of Christmas, which would be until January 5th.

That's always been my understanding anyway.

Can I not have this post counted in the Grumpy Old Men league table being banded about on here?

Nothing more annoying than miserable old gits trying to engineer an advantage.

Wayne Andrews is God 02-01-2019 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14570091)
I'm a fairly respectable 9th!

And another one - houses still with Christmas Lights - it’s the fecking New Year.

You have till January 6th to take them down.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.