CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Hedgehog 03-01-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15575973)
Americans are fat.

I'm not sure they have a monopoly on that these days...

palacemetros 03-01-2021 08:34 PM

BT sent a voice text message to my landline advising me to update an infrequently used email address by 3rd March 2021 or it will be deleted.

All well and good but it consisted of two messages which rang my landline twice at 9.10am and 9.11am this morning (Sunday).

Sunday is not a business day. Leave me alone!

I have sent them an email asking for the CEOs landline number so I can ring him at ten past nine next Sunday morning and ask him if he thinks that is ok.

ExiledStirling 04-01-2021 04:26 PM

On hold for 15 minutes now and counting trying to get through to my car breakdown service. Luckily I am doing it from the comfort of my living room but effing annoying.

ExiledStirling 04-01-2021 04:30 PM

20 mins and counting.....

Olympian2 04-01-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15577101)
20 mins and counting.....

I had some properly poor service from my provider last summer, including it taking them >30mins to answer the phone. I filed an official complaint - they handled that really badly, too.

They offered me £30 in comp & extended my policy FOC by 3 months. I told them that wasn't sufficient so they gave me another £30 in comp.

stevek 04-01-2021 04:42 PM

Having a blocked ear. My left ear has been blocked since Friday and it is driving me mad.

Adlerhorst 04-01-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15577114)
Having a blocked ear. My left ear has been blocked since Friday and it is driving me mad.

Try three months. Oh and add some tinnitus.

Nth Kent Eagle 04-01-2021 04:43 PM

We need a coffee lid that is easier to fit.

Archiebald Leitch 04-01-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15577114)
Having a blocked ear. My left ear has been blocked since Friday and it is driving me mad.

No joke, Specsavers will syringe the ear for you.

Reps AJ 04-01-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch (Post 15577121)
No joke, Specsavers will syringe the ear for you.

"Should've gone to EarSyringers"

ExiledStirling 04-01-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15577114)
Having a blocked ear. My left ear has been blocked since Friday and it is driving me mad.

Get to the Pharmicist now and get drops to loosen the ear wax. It should clear it up for you. Well hopefully.

cross_eyed_ed 04-01-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15577114)
Having a blocked ear. My left ear has been blocked since Friday and it is driving me mad.

Get some Otex Express - the Combi Pack includes a syringe. I had blocked ears in the summer from swimming. When it cleared (after I think 3 days) I had to go round and turn everything down. I could hear things I hadn't heard for years.

Sharkba1t 04-01-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed (Post 15577217)
Get some Otex Express - the Combi Pack includes a syringe. I had blocked ears in the summer from swimming. When it cleared (after I think 3 days) I had to go round and turn everything down. I could hear things I hadn't heard for years.



And that's what annoyed you.....:supergrin:

ExiledStirling 04-01-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15577110)
I had some properly poor service from my provider last summer, including it taking them >30mins to answer the phone. I filed an official complaint - they handled that really badly, too.

They offered me £30 in comp & extended my policy FOC by 3 months. I told them that wasn't sufficient so they gave me another £30 in comp.

Luckily they eventually picked up my call after about 25 mins. It then took them hunting around for a mechanic to come out to me I think the nearest they had on their books was in Inverness (about two and half hours drive away) but got one eventually within a mile of me. I need a new clutch :(

little al 04-01-2021 07:52 PM

2021

mushroom 04-01-2021 08:05 PM

Allison Pearson

ExiledStirling 04-01-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577460)
2021

Take it you are having to shield again?

little al 04-01-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15577575)
Take it you are having to shield again?

That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Selhurst Celtic 04-01-2021 10:26 PM

Sorry for your troubles, Al.

Worksop Palace 04-01-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15577114)
Having a blocked ear. My left ear has been blocked since Friday and it is driving me mad.

Depends why itís blocked but I had one and this worked.

Get a flannel or cloth, soak in hot water, allow to cool slightly and then press against the ear. Repeat until sorted. When i did mine, there was an audible Ďpopí and it cleared. I had been so miserable with it that when it popped and cleared
I was so happy I went and opened a beer. It was about 11am.

Anyway I digress

Worksop Palace 04-01-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Oh fvcking hell Al.

So sorry for your loss.

Hedgehog 04-01-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Oh my... I'm so sorry Alan.

west country boy 04-01-2021 10:34 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this Al.

Reps AJ 04-01-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Wtf? Oh my god, so sorry to hear that

BERT'S HEAD 04-01-2021 10:38 PM

Awful news, so sorry Al.

bubbs11 04-01-2021 10:38 PM

Oh my god Al. So so sorry

stevek 04-01-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15577171)
Get to the Pharmicist now and get drops to loosen the ear wax. It should clear it up for you. Well hopefully.

Ear drops arrived this evening. (Had to get them on line as we're isolating.) They've not cleared it yet.

Baffled Bob 2 04-01-2021 11:07 PM

So sorry to hear your news Al.

Worksop Palace 04-01-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15577791)
Ear drops arrived this evening. (Had to get them on line as we're isolating.) They've not cleared it yet.

Do you know whatís caused it Steve ?

GorBlimey 04-01-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.


Dear God that is such terrible news.


I feel so sad for your loss.

ExiledStirling 04-01-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Tragic news Al.


As you know I am here anytime you want to chat.

Thinking of you.

ExiledStirling 04-01-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15577791)
Ear drops arrived this evening. (Had to get them on line as we're isolating.) They've not cleared it yet.

Stick with it.

ExiledStirling 04-01-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15577843)
Tragic news Al.


As you know I am here anytime you want to chat.

Thinking of you.

PS You swipe right apparently ;)

big bad John 04-01-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Bloody hell mate, very sorry to hear that.

Isle of Wight 05-01-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

fk,so sorry,my condolences.

pallet 05-01-2021 12:13 AM

Al nothing I can say. Very very sad nrws.

andyocpfc 05-01-2021 12:20 AM

Al, Iím so sorry to read your news. Thoughts are with you.

FORZA SELHURST 05-01-2021 12:37 AM

Condolences to Al.

Kipungu 05-01-2021 12:40 AM

Very sorry to hear, Al. Condolences.

Joe85 05-01-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Mate so sorry. Condolences. :(

Stellavista 05-01-2021 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Shit, just seen this. Nothing to say, except to send you my sincere condolences. x

Wolfnipplechips 05-01-2021 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Oh Christ that is such terrible news.

I donít know what to say other than Iím so sorry for your loss.

Sakhalin Rich 05-01-2021 01:35 AM

Very, very sorry to hear this, Little Al. We are all with you.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-01-2021 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Terrible news, so sorry Al, Sarah was a lovely girl.

Take care of yourself and give my love to her mum. X

ozzieEagle 05-01-2021 01:46 AM

Very sorry to hear that al. Really feel for you. Sincerest condolences.

CT_Palace 05-01-2021 02:40 AM

Jesus! Just seen this. So sorry to hear that Al.

N Herts Eagle 05-01-2021 03:05 AM

Condolences Al so sorry for your loss . .

Bintang 05-01-2021 03:24 AM

Condolences Al. Stay strong.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 05-01-2021 05:20 AM

Condolences Al. Horrible news.

PIE "N" MASH 05-01-2021 06:59 AM

Condolences Al,stay strong fella.

Adlerhorst 05-01-2021 07:26 AM

Oh shit al. Really sorry

little al 05-01-2021 08:15 AM

Thanks for all your kind words, but lets not derail the thread please.

Back to things that annoy you.

Nicola F*****g Sturgeon.

ExiledStirling 05-01-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15578061)
Thanks for all your kind words, but lets not derail the thread please.

Back to things that annoy you.

Nicola F*****g Sturgeon.

negged

little al 05-01-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15578064)
negged

Piss off you Nats nut.

Polak 05-01-2021 08:30 AM

Sorry to hear your news. Condolences

Richard 05-01-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Al, I am so sorry for you, and my sincere condolences.

I can't imagine what you must be feeling at the moment - and so many of us on here will feel as if we knew her, given some of the matters you have shared with us, that I think we will all be feeling some loss. My heart goes out to you.

Maz 05-01-2021 09:32 AM

And mine, Al. Sarah was a lovely lady, and this awful news really does come as a massive shock.


My most sincere sympathies to you : what a gutting loss. You will much be in my thoughts today. All the very very best.

Oldtown Eagle 05-01-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

I don't know you Al, but so sorry to hear that.

Sick Bucket 05-01-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Very sorry to read that, condolences.

art malice 05-01-2021 10:48 AM

That’s dreadful, Al. All the very best.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 05-01-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15578061)
Back to things that annoy you.

People derailing threads.

Ruskin Old Boy 05-01-2021 01:41 PM

Very sorry to hear that Al.

Deepest condolences.

Baffled Bob 2 05-01-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15578061)
Thanks for all your kind words, but lets not derail the thread please.

Back to things that annoy you.

Nicola F*****g Sturgeon.

:D:D

Les Butler 05-01-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15578061)
Thanks for all your kind words, but lets not derail the thread please.

Back to things that annoy you.

Nicola F*****g Sturgeon.

I don't care if we derail every thread AL so sorry to hear that mate my deepest sympathies mate for you and family,terrible news.:frown:

Martin H 05-01-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15578061)
Thanks for all your kind words, but lets not derail the thread please.

Back to things that annoy you.

Nicola F*****g Sturgeon.

Horrible news Al. Couldn't find any words to respond last night and today isn't a lot better TBH other than - just hope you have friends and family around you (real world) to support you at this awful time. Condolences.

Joe85 05-01-2021 07:53 PM

Joe Wicks.

west country boy 05-01-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 15578780)
Joe Wicks.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/aa...7408d6dcae.jpg

?

radiomike 05-01-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 15577471)
Allison Pearson

Ugh annoy is a mild term for her, add to her the equally odious Hartley brewer spouting her bile on 'Murdochís talk radio

Vendy 05-01-2021 08:22 PM

Sorry to hear that Al

kabbott 05-01-2021 08:23 PM

Such awful news! Condolences Al!

Vendy 05-01-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 15578780)
Joe Wicks.

Yeah, ******* annoying. Even more so he is getting promoted all over the TV. Think it might be a bit of envy, he must be coining it in.

Another Oxted Eagle 05-01-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 15578814)
Yeah, ******* annoying. Even more so he is getting promoted all over the TV. Think it might be a bit of envy, he must be coining it in.

He is my mates cousin so I knew all about him quite early on as my mate was very proud of him.

He started off handing out flyers outside the tube station near his flat to try and get clients for his personal training sessions and worked really hard to get where he is.

Apparently a lovely bloke and had a tough time growing up so deserves everything imho

west country boy 05-01-2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle (Post 15578875)
He is my mates cousin so I knew all about him quite early on as my mate was very proud of him.

He started off handing out flyers outside the tube station near his flat to try and get clients for his personal training sessions and worked really hard to get where he is.

Apparently a lovely bloke and had a tough time growing up so deserves everything imho

He gave all his profits from the YouTube stuff last year to charity iirc.

RazorsEdge 05-01-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Just read this Al, sorry fir your loss mate, my condolences

Another Oxted Eagle 05-01-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15578882)
He gave all his profits from the YouTube stuff last year to charity iirc.

Wow - didnt know that.

west country boy 05-01-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle (Post 15578893)
Wow - didnt know that.

This is from March last year: https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...id-19-lockdown

weltklasse 05-01-2021 10:18 PM

Al, condolences to you and your family.

the digger 05-01-2021 10:33 PM

A cantankerous bastard but a lovely bloke, little Al, my condolences. The epitome of a better half x

PeterH 05-01-2021 10:43 PM

Someone has to say it on this thread...

Liverpool being the best team ever...twice against us..and decidedly average for the rest of the last six months. Saying that, a few of our players need to look at themselves..

glenn.f 05-01-2021 11:04 PM

Only just read about your sad news Al, really sorry for your loss, even though it's on this thread. Thinking of you fella.

little al 05-01-2021 11:08 PM

Thanks everyone again.

Please get this thread back on topic though x

Timbo 05-01-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Just read this, sincere condolences Al

Danny_Cheviot 05-01-2021 11:37 PM

Companies who use the word ‘trending’ instead of popular.

Danny_Cheviot 05-01-2021 11:38 PM

I go to my local news website and someone is sticking a cotton bud with their ear wax in my face....:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

CPFC2010ANDON 05-01-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot (Post 15578986)
I go to my local news website and someone is sticking a cotton bud with their ear wax in my face....:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Are you waxing lyrical?

Vendy 05-01-2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15578961)
Thanks everyone again.

Please get this thread back on topic though x

People who put "x" at the end of a post on a football forum

Hedgehog 06-01-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot (Post 15578986)
I go to my local news website and someone is sticking a cotton bud with their ear wax in my face....:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:


Was it Sevek?

Hedgehog 06-01-2021 03:13 AM

I got a Fitbit Tracker Watch for Christmas (Previously posted being annoyed at it).

First bike ride I did with it, I stopped at one point and took a look at the screens to see what it was showing and pressed some buttons. When I got home, apparently I had paused the tracking with my button pushing so only recorded half a ride.

Second bike ride, when I stopped half was through I took a look and saw that it was still waiting to be started. Again only recorded the second half of my ride after getting it started.

Today, I drove 50+ miles to a trail to ride my bike, and when I was about to start the ride I looked at my wrist and no watch! I had left it on a shelf in the bathroom!

Not getting a lot of credits for my exercising so far!

Slimbloke'H' 06-01-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15577740)
That and the fact my missus died this morning.

Bloody hell. So sorry to hear that Al.

Stellavista 06-01-2021 07:31 PM

F**k me, I'm the least likely person to get exercised by this, but adverts. Is every couple/family in the UK mixed race now? And what of, say, UK Chinese communities, Orthodox Jewish, Muslims. Do they not buy stuff/deserve representation?

It makes me laugh really. I was in a mixed race relationship all the way through the 80s, living in Tottenham for much of it, and encountered all sorts of shit/abuse/threats of physical violence.

Terrace Bickle 06-01-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15579949)
F**k me, I'm the least likely person to get exercised by this, but adverts. Is every couple/family in the UK mixed race now? And what of, say, UK Chinese communities, Orthodox Jewish, Muslims. Do they not buy stuff/deserve representation?



It makes me laugh really. I was in a mixed race relationship all the way through the 80s, living in Tottenham for much of it, and encountered all sorts of shit/abuse/threats of physical violence.

It is true and has been like this for a few years now. However, 90% of the time it's black male / white female and it smacks of box ticking. Very rarely if ever a black couple/family (only one frozen food ad I can think of). I can't remember seeing any SE Asians at all in UK TV adverts.

OLD BASING EAGLE 06-01-2021 09:12 PM

Anti waxers

Selhurst Celtic 06-01-2021 09:25 PM

I'm in a mixed marriage. My wife is a protestant.

GorBlimey 06-01-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE (Post 15580100)
Anti waxers


Yeah, remove that body hair.

RazorsEdge 06-01-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15579047)
I got a Fitbit Tracker Watch for Christmas (Previously posted being annoyed at it).

First bike ride I did with it, I stopped at one point and took a look at the screens to see what it was showing and pressed some buttons. When I got home, apparently I had paused the tracking with my button pushing so only recorded half a ride.

Second bike ride, when I stopped half was through I took a look and saw that it was still waiting to be started. Again only recorded the second half of my ride after getting it started.

Today, I drove 50+ miles to a trail to ride my bike, and when I was about to start the ride I looked at my wrist and no watch! I had left it on a shelf in the bathroom!

Not getting a lot of credits for my exercising so far!

You love technology donít you Hedgy :)

BERT'S HEAD 06-01-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15580212)
You love technology donít you Hedgy :)

He should do, he helped put man on the moon.

RazorsEdge 06-01-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15580222)
He should do, he helped put man on the moon.

Hedgy is the man

Stellavista 06-01-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15580124)
I'm in a mixed marriage. My wife is a protestant.

Everlasting hell fire for you, then.

west country boy 06-01-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15580283)
Everlasting hell fire for you, then.

Starting when?

Selhurst Celtic 06-01-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15580283)
Everlasting hell fire for you, then.

I'll divorce her and repent on my death-bed. Or convert to protestantism just before I draw my last breath - that way at least there will be one less hun in the world.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.