CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 09:23 PM

What is your teams favourite play?
Brandon Meriweather picking off Josh Johnson at Wembley on 5th play of the game and taking it to house sending me mental.

The best play of the season?
Brandon Stokley's tip-ball catch for 87 yards for the Broncos vs the Bengals. Great play.

League(not team) Moment of the season?
The Cincinnati Bengals after the death of Zimmer's wife. Final play of the game on 4th down winning the game. Then the emotion and celebration in the lockerroom.

Your Team MVP?
For the 2nd year in a row: Wes Welker. Closely run by Vince Wilfork this year.

Your overall League MVP?
Drew "Breesus Christ" Brees

Biggest Disappointment in the NFL this year?
Jay Cutler failing in Chicago.

Superbowl 45 winner?
New England Patriots :D

Runner-up?
Dallas Cowboys

Most improvement in a team in 2010/11?
If they draft a QB and RB/WR, then Seattle. If not, then Kansas City Chiefs.

jazman 08-02-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Our predictions from before the Draft in April:

Saxoneagle: Falcons to beat Chargers. Lions-most improved
Jazman: Saints to beat Dolphins. :lux: Raiders-most improved
Benzhiyi: Ravens to beat Redskins. Niners-most improved.
Strathers: Ravens to beat Eagles. Packers-most improved.
Ardeo: Eagles to beat Steelers. Bengals-most improved.
jj62255: Vikings to beat Texans. Chiefs-most improved.
AddiscombeEagle: Jets to beat Cowboys. Niners-most improved.
Me: Patriots to beat Saints. Chiefs/Broncos-most improved.

Ignore the Raiders comment ;) :o I'm the only one to predict the winners .. :p Interesting that nobody predicted the Colts to get there though ....

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
You should check mine Paul ;)

Saints-Dolphins :p

jazman 08-02-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
No Monday off here unfortunately ... :(

- Saints to win
- Garcon first TD
- Brees MVP

:p

And this one ...

Posted at 6.35pm on 06/02/2010 .... I'll have a Paul moment here please .. ;) :D :lux:

jazman 08-02-2010 09:45 PM

You know what? My mind has gone completely blank here ... but one does spring to mind is the Romo-Austin combo against KFC which pretty much saw the latter arrive as a #1 WR this season ...

Either the saints Colston (I think) managing to regain posession of an INT to take it in for TD against the Skins; closely followed by similar recovery by Garcon of the Colts but without the TD ...

League (not team) Moment of the season?
Chris Johnson reaching an amazing running yard milestone ...

Your team MVP?
Miles Austin ...

Your overall League MVP?
Jointly Chris Johnson and Drew Brees ...

Albert Haynesworth and Micheal Moneytree ...

Superbowl 45 winner?
San Diego Chargers will come back stronger next season ...

Runner-up?
I hate to say it but the Philadelphia Eagles have the ammunition ready and loaded ...

Detroit Lions or Cleveland Browns

Benzhiyi 08-02-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Saints-Dolphins :p

In fairness, he predicted the two best teams correctly... ;) :lux:

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 11:52 PM

:D

Strathclyde Eagle 09-02-2010 12:11 AM

Yikes, I sit down to watch and enjoy a fabulous game and I find out someone decides to come on here and troll during the game. Remind me to dish out my mobile number to a few of you next year to prevent any repeats.

(I'm still about 8 pages back atm.)

Strathclyde Eagle 09-02-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

I'm not particular bothered by it, but I saw that Peyton Manning ran straight down the tunnel without shaking Breesus's hand.

No mention of it anywhere.

Brady got slaughtered for it.

I'm not bothered, it's up to the QB if they do it or not, but I guess because Manning has the stupid face, the stupid commercials and the ****** brother, he doesn't get half the stick that the hated Empire got because Bill and Tom ran off the field.

Saw it, bothered me. Thought Peyton was better than that.

Terrific game, really enjoyed it. Had a few points to make about it but have gone blank. Will need to come back to it tomorrow night.

elliott 09-02-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jookbeard
you are talking about complete different spectrum's of the sport how many NFL players could last in a scrummage, there are countless RU/RL players who have outstanding speed ,weather over 40/80 metres, and the Rugby players dont wear the padding, ,, oh we;ve got a break,yawn yawn

You really are a bell end.

Can you please just **** off.

pauldrulez 09-02-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Yikes, I sit down to watch and enjoy a fabulous game and I find out someone decides to come on here and troll during the game. Remind me to dish out my mobile number to a few of you next year to prevent any repeats.

(I'm still about 8 pages back atm.)

I wouldn't worry, I think I handled myself quite well (despite making up a few of the facts as I went along, but I didn't have much help from our usual regulars) :D

jookbeard 09-02-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

why?

Benzhiyi 09-02-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

PFT says he did the handshakes etc in the Saints dressing room after the game.

oz_da II 09-02-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

The third non-handshake story in North America over the past year. All kicked off by Sidney Crosby. :clown:

or was it Lebron?

Snikt5 09-02-2010 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=jazman]What is your teams favourite play?
My memory is hazy about this one, but it was in the third game of the season when the JETs still had a perfect record. Sanchez sold a dummy for the rush and then nonchalently threw the ball out to Cotchery. It was so well faked the camera couldn't track it.

The onside kick on Sunday. It complletely chnaged the momentum of the game.

League (not team) Moment of the season?
Not sure.

Your team MVP?
T Jones

Your overall League MVP?
Drew Brees

New York Giant's collapse.

Superbowl 45 winner?
J.E.T.S but on a serious note I think Sanchez will have a great season. I can't see passed the Colts though.

Runner-up?
Cowboys

Miami Dolphins

saxoneagle 09-02-2010 01:02 PM

Paul - check out post-season stats. Check out Peyton's completion %, yards and TDs thrown against some of the all time great players.

He's right up there.

To say he chokes in the play-offs just demonstrates what kind of person you are.

Just out of interest, Paul - where do you rank Dan Marino amongst QBs all-time? Maybe not THE best but one of them, yes? Number or rings? Zero. Play-off record? 8-10

This list of chokers just goes on, and on, and on...

jazman 09-02-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

I had to bite my tongue last week about something similar. Working in a n open plan office you get people who talk louder than they think they do. The team right next to mine were banging about how much of a joke NFL is and they couldn't imagine how anyone in the UK watch it over rugby! It's fair enough to have your own view on things but to discuss and criticise anyone who enjoys a sport over another so blatantly is plain rude ... :veryangry

Swanny32 09-02-2010 01:21 PM

Im really depressed that the season is over, now what am I supposed to do on Sunday nights?? It's been a very enjoyable season however and probably my first proper season actually following it as closely as I have done. Already looking forward to next season and especially the trip to Philly!

DeSean Jackson's punt return against the Giants in week 14.

Favre to Lewis for game winning TD against the 49ers with 2 seconds left on the clock, shame it was against the 49ers really.

League(not team) Moment of the season?
Ochocinco's TD tribute to Chris Henry against the Chargers, still brings a lump to my throat watching it now.

Your Team MVP?
DeSean Jackson, making history by being the first player ever to be selected for two Pro Bowl positions. This guy is going to be simply unstoppable in the next few seasons.

Your overall League MVP?
Chris Johnson, obvious I know, but 2000 yards!! He deserves it.

Titans taking so long to put Vince Young in at starting QB, they'd have made the playoffs if they'd done it a couple weeks earlier.

Superbowl 45 winner?
Dallas Cowboys :grrr: (If they can take their form from the final weeks of the regular season, into next season, they are going to be tough to beat)

Runner-up?
Indianapolis Colts

Washington Redskins. For a titan of the game to become so poor the only way is up.

Swanny32 09-02-2010 01:24 PM

Whilst I was scouring YouTube for big plays of the season (my memory is terrible), I came across this video, man it get's me revved up for next season! If someone can tell me the name of the band and song as well that would be fab, like that song a lot.

Swanny32 09-02-2010 01:30 PM

Found out the song, it's a band called a Thousand Foot Krutch - Fire It Up. I haven't listened to them for a couple years now, thought the lead singer sounded familiar.