CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 14-01-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Jaz you really have a 13 year old? I always thought you were about 23,24 years old! :)

Not quite true fella, he's 12, will be 13 in August :)

What made you think I was that age? Am I that childish on here? ;)

jazman 14-01-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Bill is unbeaten in New England coming off a bye week or play-off bye week.

I'm rarely confident and I know i'm setting myself up for a massive fall should we lose.

But a pissed-off Brady vs an overthrowing Sanchez and a focused, well-prepared Belichick vs Rex Ryan with a week to prepare is tough on the Jets.

That Jets D is good enough to stop the Colts D. The Colts cannot run the ball and their Offense is simple. Slants, incuts, pick routes and quick outs along with the TE going up the seam. With the occasional streak by a WR.

Revis and Cromartie vs Garcon and Wayne was childs play. Big Receivers are what the Jets love.

Now, switch to New England. Gronkowski and Hernandez are too quick for the Outside Linebackers and far too big for the Safeties to cover 1 on 1.

Cromartie will be burnt all game by Branch or Welker. Whichever one is not on Revis Island.

Brady won't throw at Revis all game unless the guy is wide open.

On Defense, if Sanchez is throwing like he did against the Colts, it's no contest. This young Secondary is turnover-driven. He can have 300 yards, but if he has 3 interceptions, it's over. And if he is overthrowing towards Edwards, McCourty will pick him off again going downfield.

The only way the Pats lose is if the Jets put up 200 on the ground.

And with Sanchez and Tomlinson playing in the snow again, this game is 90% over.

I find that I've somewhat suprised myself here in that I agree with a lot of what Swanny has said about these comments Paul. In a one off game it's winner takes all. And we all know what can happen in one game. Youl of all people should be fully aware of this too having gone a whole season unbeaten only to lose the big one. Good luck though, I'm sure it will be a nervous three hours of viewing for you.

jazman 14-01-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I think a lot of people would have been 1 and 4 after last week.

Er, 4 of 4 here. My betting account proves it ;)

pauldrulez 14-01-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I find that I've somewhat suprised myself here in that I agree with a lot of what Swanny has said about these comments Paul. In a one off game it's winner takes all. And we all know what can happen in one game. Youl of all people should be fully aware of this too having gone a whole season unbeaten only to lose the big one. Good luck though, I'm sure it will be a nervous three hours of viewing for you.

I've surprised myself with my post.

Of course, it could all go tits up.

I was apprehensive at the start of the week as I said, but as the week has gone on, i've grown more confident about it.

I'm going to lump on the Jets in the betting front.

It'll pay for my day out to Coventry.

Which I hope you are all attending.

jazman 14-01-2011 09:08 PM

I won't be there fella. Haven't been to an away game in such a long time. Haven't been to Selhurst yet this season either. I will be making one, at some stage ...

I think I will lump on the Jets. In what order are the games to be played this weekend? It's my mates 30th birthday tomorrow, but I'd rather be at home watching the games. It would be fine if I could drink, but the at home in front of the TV is a tempting thought ....

Funk Butter 14-01-2011 09:19 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...2&sportCat=nfl

Bill Simmons breaks down each playoff game by betting angles, gut instincts and Jersey Shore.

Funk Butter 14-01-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I won't be there fella. Haven't been to an away game in such a long time. Haven't been to Selhurst yet this season either. I will be making one, at some stage ...

I think I will lump on the Jets. In what order are the games to be played this weekend? It's my mates 30th birthday tomorrow, but I'd rather be at home watching the games. It would be fine if I could drink, but the at home in front of the TV is a tempting thought ....

15 January 2011 - 21:30
Baltimore Ravens (2.55) Pittsburgh Steelers (1.59)

16 January 2011 - 01:00
Green Bay Packers (2.23) Atlanta Falcons (1.75)

16 January 2011 - 18:00
Seattle Seahawks (5) Chicago Bears (1.22)

16 January 2011 - 21:30
New York Jets (4.5) New England Patriots (1.26)

peagle 14-01-2011 09:23 PM

I've supported palace for too many years to ever be confident about my team ever! I really really hope we beat the Jets, I really can't imagine us losing, it'd be too bad. Once my rugby is over tomorrow, I'm going to be nervous as hell for this one, no idea how it's gonna go :(

jazman 14-01-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
15 January 2011 - 21:30
Baltimore Ravens (2.55) Pittsburgh Steelers (1.59)

16 January 2011 - 01:00
Green Bay Packers (2.23) Atlanta Falcons (1.75)

16 January 2011 - 18:00
Seattle Seahawks (5) Chicago Bears (1.22)

16 January 2011 - 21:30
New York Jets (4.5) New England Patriots (1.26)

Thanks fella. Just been on Paddy Power to find out for sure and placed my bets. :p

peagle 14-01-2011 10:07 PM

I reckon Steelers (so close), Packers, Bears, won't call it.

Funk Butter 14-01-2011 10:16 PM

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5952404

Tony Gonzalez goes through the Sport Science obstacle course.

peagle 14-01-2011 10:16 PM

Wesa Welker is a clever dude. He referred to feet 10 times in 17 questions in his press conference yesterday! NFL Blog on it here:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/01/13/welk...e=HP_spotlight

pauldrulez 14-01-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I've supported palace for too many years to ever be confident about my team ever! I really really hope we beat the Jets, I really can't imagine us losing, it'd be too bad. Once my rugby is over tomorrow, I'm going to be nervous as hell for this one, no idea how it's gonna go :(

That's my usual feeling.

Why would anything go right for me?

Funk Butter 15-01-2011 08:33 AM

Not sure which thread to put this video, but I lost it when Doc Webb gave his Make 'Em Suffer pick.

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Mangold just tweeted:

"Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate"
24 minutes ago
#1: I'm sure his team-mate Damien Woody really appreciates that comment

#2: Welker was there for one game before it the most overrated incident of all time occurred.

oz_da II 15-01-2011 11:17 AM

Josh McDaniels being interviewed for Rams OC job today. First person to be interviewed for that position.

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 11:21 AM

Heard this live the other day at work.

I was in hysterics.

Brilliant.

Swanny32 15-01-2011 12:05 PM

I know I could look elsewhere but I can't be arsed. What's going on with the Coventry game?

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I know I could look elsewhere but I can't be arsed. What's going on with the Coventry game?

Palace On Tour Day.

A random away game to celebrate being a Palace fan. Balloons, streamers, displays etc.

Look out for tasty_snacks to post a new thread about it.

I've been in touch with Steve Browett and there should be something up on the CPFC site very soon and in the home programmes for the next few games.

There's also the Twitter that i'm using to update and answer questions as well as the Facebook event group.

Swanny32 15-01-2011 12:13 PM

Ardeo was saying it's on his birthday so I'm thinking about attending as I haven't been to an away game this season.