CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 26-04-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Oh yeh, how could I forget him? :D

Too much Purple Drank? ;)

LLCOOLSTEVE 26-04-2011 11:40 PM

ochocinco Chad Ochocinco
I love Cincy,but coach Lewis is mean to me now so I think I am gone :(RT @philpoling: @ochocinco sounds like someone wants outta Cincy? lol

pauldrulez 26-04-2011 11:54 PM

Right, going back to the supposed bias of NFL Rants and Raves that I mentioned before.

They have a fans poll for awards, yet Miranda and Ellis's votes are worth 30% each.

Hence whatever they choose wins.

And my previous point about they hate the NFC East bar Vick and the Cowboys and despise the Pats is shown through when they nominate about 8 rookies for Rookie of the Year and ignore Devin McCourty. 7 Interceptions playing on what was apparently an awful defense. He made the pro bowl and all but shut down Calvin Johnson among others.

They included McCluster of the Chiefs, who is a player I like but should not be there. You could even have made an argument for Gronkowski. Brady-Gronk Passer Rating was 158.3. He equalled the Pats rookie record for Touchdowns with 10 equalling possible Hall of Famer Ben Coates's record in NE. Not to mention the run-blocking.

I gave that show a 2nd chance and I wont be listening again.

jazman 27-04-2011 01:48 PM

Got to share the love for NFL R&R. Been catching up on their pods since before the SB. As good as ever in my view. I think you are taking it way too serious Paul, I enjoy it for what it is ...

oz_da II 27-04-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And my previous point about they hate the NFC East bar Vick and the Cowboys and despise the Pats is shown through.

Sounds like a pretty good reason to listen to me. :D

I agree with j-man, as it goes. I got a stack of their podcasts to listen to once the NHL season ends. :p

pauldrulez 27-04-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Got to share the love for NFL R&R. Been catching up on their pods since before the SB. As good as ever in my view. I think you are taking it way too serious Paul, I enjoy it for what it is ...

I used to.

They've become to serious. They aren't as funny as what they used to be. And I actually don't think they know enough about individual teams to do a proper podcast.

A few podcasts ago, they were slating the San Diego Defense and the New England Secondary.
Point 1: The Chargers D was the best in football in terms of points allowed and made Brady and Manning look incredibly average with what was a No Name Defense.
Point 2: Pats had the most INTs in football. Having no passrush was that Defense's downfall.

Get your facts right and you become a better show.

There's no wonder that they are losing show donors and I doubt the show is around in 18 months time.

I now listen to ESPN:Football Today. I listen to PFW in Progress. And I listen to ESPN: First Draft with Kiper and McShay.

Swanny32 27-04-2011 07:56 PM

Right, I have a predicament.

Due to me not liking to watch stuff online I was thinking about getting ESPN for a month so i can watch the draft this weekend, problem is, is ESPN going to have different coverage to NFL Network, i.e. without Mike Mayock? I really like that guy and wouldn't want to watch the draft without his opinion and analysis on players.

If they do have different coverage then I'll watch it on the NFL website and dig out my VGA cable to stream it to my TV.

pauldrulez 27-04-2011 08:01 PM

It's different.

You have Mel Kiper and Todd McShay who are ESPN's version of Mayock.

I'll be watching it on ESPN.

Listening to PFW in Progress live draft show on my laptop. (With the quick analysis of each pick/player as well as the announcement of each pick being said)

And i'll have the PFWinProgress.com live chat open.

Chris, you are more than welcome to join us there for that. Same with anyone else who will be awake.

We're a friendly group, will be a little bit of banter as always though ;)

Swanny32 27-04-2011 08:05 PM

I don't think i'll bother with ESPN, got to have Rich Eisen and Mike Mayock, no one else will do. I'll either link up my laptop to my TV and stream it from NFL.com or I'll keep the laptop free and bring my desktop downstairs to link up, if I do that then I can probably join you on PFWinProgress chat, if I use the Laptop to stream then I'm rendered hopeless for using the internet while watching.

Swanny32 27-04-2011 11:19 PM

Hills wins the Madden 12 cover vote.

y2rich 27-04-2011 11:26 PM

Who is Hills?

I thought Hillis won it ;) Nice to see he did though. Still proof its just a popularity vote.

Dave Nunn 28-04-2011 12:33 AM

Congrats to Peyton! :lux:

Yeeaah the Brownies have won something at long last!!! ;)

Here we go Brownies, woof woof! :p

Swanny32 28-04-2011 12:42 AM

Bloody iphone

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 28-04-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Nunn
Congrats to Peyton! :lux:

Yeeaah the Brownies have won something at long last!!! ;)

Here we go Brownies, woof woof! :p

The curse of Madden NFL will now be on the Brownies though bro :moo: :p

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 28-04-2011 09:40 AM

I will for the third year running be watching the draft on PhiladelphiaEagles.com with Dave "The Spit" Spadaro and the legendary Merrill Reece :lux: :cool:

SteveyHawking 28-04-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
I will for the third year running be watching the draft on PhiladelphiaEagles.com with Dave "The Spit" Spadaro and the legendary Merrill Reece :lux: :cool:

I have that and the NFL website to keep me company. That Dallas star sure needed cleaning up afterwards! :D

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 28-04-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
I have that and the NFL website to keep me company. That Dallas star sure needed cleaning up afterwards! :D

:p

Swanny32 28-04-2011 10:27 AM

Spadaro = Legend

I'll still be watching NFL network though.

ardeo 28-04-2011 12:18 PM

Still enjoy rants and raves, has to be taken with a pinch of salt, and the dallas bias is a little tiring, need to do a bit of catching up.

Agree with Paul to a certain extent that since they decided to take it more seriously that there lack of knowledge is shown up sometimes.

jazman 28-04-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Sounds like a pretty good reason to listen to me. :D

I agree with j-man, as it goes. I got a stack of their podcasts to listen to once the NHL season ends. :p

Enjoy fella, as I have. On episode 6.55 right now. Don't listen to Paul, they aren't as serious as he is making out ... maybe he has got too serious in his old age ;)

Funny that I have started catching up now that the NHL post season is in progress :sob: