CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Benzhiyi 09-10-2011 11:24 PM

Turn on the Pats game and what's the first thing I see? A phantom penalty for defensive holding against Revis on a fair, clear sack.

Unbelievable.

Cue Paul and his "we're hard done by really" histrionics.

Jay_eagle 09-10-2011 11:50 PM

I wonder how is this is going to go, I think it may be a fumble.

Funk Butter 09-10-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_eagle
I wonder how is this is going to go, I think it may be a fumble.

I assumed down by contact when I first saw it.

Hedgehog 10-10-2011 12:12 AM

Going back to the Raiders game... the 12 men on the field thing... FFS, he was one step away from being off and intent on getting off. A bit like a stupid offside call.

Then the personal foul, the guy hit the QB at the point he threw the ball, in slo-mo yes it was late by about .0001 of a second.

The game is wons and lost by video replays these days... Big Al must have been looking after The Raiders today because they won despite this - which is most un-Raider like of late.

SteveyHawking 10-10-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Turn on the Pats game and what's the first thing I see? A phantom penalty for defensive holding against Revis on a fair, clear sack.

Unbelievable.

Cue Paul and his "we're hard done by really" histrionics.

One of many as usual. :rolleyes:

Funk Butter 10-10-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
Going back to the Raiders game... the 12 men on the field thing... FFS, he was one step away from being off and intent on getting off. A bit like a stupid offside call.

So should they stop calling holding? I mean, I'm sure the offensive lineman's intent is to not hold. Besides that, for some reason the penalty was automatically declined for some reason. I didn't understand that at all. I assumed offsetting penalties, but they only charged the one against the Texans.

Quote:

Then the personal foul, the guy hit the QB at the point he threw the ball, in slo-mo yes it was late by about .0001 of a second.
Don't remember the play, but I saw tons of defenders launching their helmets into QBs today.

Quote:

The game is wons and lost by video replays these days... Big Al must have been looking after The Raiders today because they won despite this - which is most un-Raider like of late.
It's no wonder NFL officiating is so terrible, Mike Periera is a moron. He looks at a Mike Williams catch, where Williams takes 3 steps, braces for impact, gets a hand up and gets crunched and loses the ball and sits there and says "I would reverse this call and call it an incomplete pass". I'm sick of "maintain control of the ball when going to the ground" and "must make a football move" BS.

Hedgehog 10-10-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
for some reason the penalty was automatically declined for some reason. I didn't understand that at all. I assumed offsetting penalties, but they only charged the one against the Texans.

The way I saw that is that the Personal foul (face mask) trumped the 12 men on the field penalty. So initially the Raiders declined the PF when they thought they sacked the QB, but then accepted it when the 12 man thing came into play. So the play gave the Texans an automatic first down, but from the point of the sack.

Yes... very complicated.

Neil 10-10-2011 12:54 AM

Big Al will be smiling up there tonight :)

Emotional stuff right at the end.

Hedgehog 10-10-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Big Al will be smiling up there tonight :)

Emotional stuff right at the end.

:veryangry Would like to have seen it... **** CBS!

Funk Butter 10-10-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
:veryangry Would like to have seen it... **** CBS!

Maybe if Al Davis hadn't moved back to Oakland. (jeez, is that wrong to say)

SteveyHawking 10-10-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
:veryangry Would like to have seen it... **** CBS!

RedZone showed it to the very end. A truly great service! :lux:

Hedgehog 10-10-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Maybe if Al Davis hadn't moved back to Oakland. (jeez, is that wrong to say)

You are sort of right, but LA would not build him a new stadium, and Oakland at least built a new stand for them.

LA was fun while it lasted, but they were never likely to set up roots here.

Hedgehog 10-10-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
RedZone showed it to the very end. A truly great service! :lux:

CBS LA showed it until 30 seconds after the final play... then cut to Denver.

Just got to see coach embracing the Defensive coach for longer than usual.

SteveyHawking 10-10-2011 01:28 AM

Exciting end to the Chargers Broncos games!

Funk Butter 10-10-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Exciting end to the Chargers Broncos games!

Wow, they could have called a pass interference there. An untimed down from the one yard line with Tebow, would have been something to see.

Hedgehog 10-10-2011 01:34 AM

Don't tell me the Chargers won... FFS

pauldrulez 10-10-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Turn on the Pats game and what's the first thing I see? A phantom penalty for defensive holding against Revis on a fair, clear sack.

Unbelievable.

Cue Paul and his "we're hard done by really" histrionics.

As obsessed as the Brighton fans. #fact.

And if it's the play I'm thinking of, it was for illegal contact (hands to the face) not Holding.

No mention of the missed hold and snatch on Ihedigbo as he was chasing McKnight on the 88yd KR. Thought not.

As for the Eagles fan complaining. How's your Dream Team doing? 3 wins ahead, 3 rings ahead. #fact.

And yes I have used hashtags. #forreal

Hedgehog 10-10-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
Don't tell me the Chargers won... FFS

FFS... they are becoming "America's Team".

They can do no wrong.

God I dislike them.

Benzhiyi 10-10-2011 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
No mention of the missed hold and snatch on Ihedigbo as he was chasing McKnight on the 88yd KR. Thought not.

Yes, the law of averages says that for every ten flags you get to protect Lord Tom and help out King Bill, you might get the odd decision that doesn't go in your favour now and again. Wow-wee. Poor hard done by Pats.

Your bias knows no bounds.

And before you say it's just me hating on the Pats, I stated last week that it's the same for the Steelers - a franchise I actually like from top to bottom.

Funk Butter 10-10-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
FFS... they are becoming "America's Team".

They can do no wrong.

God I dislike them.

Don't worry, Norv will figure out a way to screw it up.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.