CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 05-09-2014 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Noodle (Post 11963483)
Soft penalty called on 4th down first drive for the Champs... gifting them points.

Penalty every day of the week, unfortunately.

Welcome back, Noodle!:p

SteveyHawking 05-09-2014 03:24 AM

Beautiful touchdown Seahawks.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 05-09-2014 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking (Post 11963490)
Beautiful touchdown Seahawks.

Not so beautiful attempt at a tackle by the CB!

Flat Noodle 05-09-2014 03:44 AM

This is like a 3 vs 3 match!!!

Rodgers & Lacy & Nelson

VS

Wilson & Lynch & Harvin

Funk Butter 05-09-2014 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 11963488)
First TD of the season goes to everyone's favourite former All-Pro fullback.

John Kuhhhhhhhhhhhhn!

:lux:

**** that guy, he sucks dicks.

oz_da II 05-09-2014 04:07 AM

:D

oz_da II 05-09-2014 04:10 AM

The NFL thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 11963493)
Not so beautiful attempt at a tackle by the CB!


Tough introduction to the NFL for Ha Ha. He's a safety. He's missed two solo tackles. Lynch a tough one.

Almost got himself a pick at the end of the half.

pauldrulez 05-09-2014 08:54 AM

All players are equal, blah, blah etc...

Sherman and Thomas should not be playing Special Teams.

If you're a fair catch specialist with great hands, that's fine. But it's idiocy to have 2 all pros playing ST.

It's also very easy to be a great CB when you are covering the 2nd or 3rd WR. If Sherman covers Tate instead of Megatron vs the Lions then he loses points for me. You don't see Revis, Talib, Peterson sticking to one side of the field.

davematt 05-09-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11963566)

It's also very easy to be a great CB when you are covering the 2nd or 3rd WR. If Sherman covers Tate instead of Megatron vs the Lions then he loses points for me. You don't see Revis, Talib, Peterson sticking to one side of the field.

But by sticking him to that one side is basically taking that side away from the offence. No one goes near him.

Abjekt 05-09-2014 10:00 AM

Right, I know bugger all about NFL but have loads of friends in Minneapolis so I root for the Vikings (i.e. look at the score, when I remember to).

Are they decent? Any chance of anything this year?

dannyboy1807 05-09-2014 10:03 AM

I hope Percy stays fit all season he is so good.

pauldrulez 05-09-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 11963615)
But by sticking him to that one side is basically taking that side away from the offence. No one goes near him.

But when you line up with 3 WR on the left side of the field, and Sherman is on the opposite side covering either the RB, TE or in zone coverage, it defeats the object IMO.

davematt 05-09-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11963637)
But when you line up with 3 WR on the left side of the field, and Sherman is on the opposite side covering either the RB, TE or in zone coverage, it defeats the object IMO.

Yep. Thats a good point.

Can't wait for Sunday night though.

God knows what to expect from the 49ers. I haven't seen any of the pre season games but sounds like we have been woeful; BUT, the Cowboys arguarbly have the worst defence in football this year. Kap and Co should blow it to pieces.

Funk Butter 05-09-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abjekt (Post 11963622)
Right, I know bugger all about NFL but have loads of friends in Minneapolis so I root for the Vikings (i.e. look at the score, when I remember to).

Are they decent? Any chance of anything this year?

They will not be good this year. But maybe Bridgewater will get thrown in the deep end to see if he has what it takes.

http://i.imgur.com/NoSkiZH.jpg

CT_Palace 05-09-2014 05:55 PM

don't you just hate those navy blue squares popping up everwhere

Beckenham Boy 05-09-2014 06:11 PM

Poor Jets!

Strathclyde Eagle 05-09-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy (Post 11964372)
LOL Jets!

EFA. ;)

JohnInTheUSA 05-09-2014 06:31 PM

Jets? Raiders East...

BLUE BOY 05-09-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11963566)

It's also very easy to be a great CB when you are covering the 2nd or 3rd WR. If Sherman covers Tate instead of Megatron vs the Lions then he loses points for me. You don't see Revis, Talib, Peterson sticking to one side of the field.

The Seahawks play there CB's on the same side every week. Sherman plays the left side every week, always has.

He must be doing something right seeing as Rodgers didn't target Sherman once.

Also I doubt Sherman pleads to be matched up against the other teams 2nd or 3rd WR's!

BLUE BOY 05-09-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 11963473)
"Ladies and gentlemen your world championship banner"
"Welcome to the world champion Seahawks"

I think I'm going to throw

:D Painful viewing was it?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.