CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 15-09-2009 06:13 AM

F'ing Clown-traits.
Please lose if you aren't going to cover the spread. :clown:

RDSdaEAGLE 15-09-2009 07:38 AM

JaMarcus Russell looks like he's piled on the pounds.

Chargers win :lux:

Raiders apparently have the 'moral victory' - doesn't count for much though, does it? :D

zonin2000 15-09-2009 08:55 AM

Went to the Raiders game tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great experience and now I'm looking forward to NFL Wembley even more!

Oakland, though, is a dump.

Swanny32 15-09-2009 01:11 PM

My saving is up to about 300-350 for my trip to Philly now, just thought you'd all like to know. Flight is almost paid for! Wooooo

Beckenham Boy 15-09-2009 01:14 PM

What do people think are Chargers chances this year?

pauldrulez 15-09-2009 01:21 PM

:lux: :lux:

Tom Terrific is back :lux:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 15-09-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy
What do people think are Chargers chances this year?

I thought their defence looked all over the place.

pauldrulez 15-09-2009 01:37 PM

But their offense looked good in the highlights.

Swanny32 15-09-2009 01:44 PM

My money is on them getting to the playoffs but falling at the first hurdle.

pauldrulez 15-09-2009 01:53 PM

My money is on a Superbowl matchup for them. Well, AFC Championship at least.

nookiebear 15-09-2009 02:16 PM

Three days until Ben and I head for the USA! :lux:

Beckenham Boy 15-09-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
But their offense looked good in the highlights.

I think this is the main issue, a weak defence and strong offensive, sounds like an old Newcastle team. they rarely win games convincingly, more they edge fairly high scoring games.

I am arecent convert to San Diego as Dickster on here is a big fan and it has rubbed off on me after watching them last year. I would like to think they can go all the way but they have to tighten up in defence

pauldrulez 15-09-2009 02:25 PM

Immature joke:

Dickster rubbed off on you? :D

I think once Merriman gets back into the swing of things will give a big boost. If Cromartie can get back to his all-pro form and maybe get Cason more of a role then the team will improve again in defense.

On the other side. Seymour got two sacks :( but :) in a way.

Beckenham Boy 15-09-2009 02:34 PM

LOL!

Just watched the highlights and both teams were all over the places at times in that game although only game 1 so plenty of time.

Would have been a different story if the TD was given to Raiders when it was 7-7

Latvian Eagle 15-09-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
I've got the pics from that stadium tour I went on as part of my stepson's birthday party. Some good behind the scenes stuff including the away team locker room. I'll put them up on here when I get the chance.

And that fetching shade of blue is known as 'teal' :)

Actually it's called Panther Blue! :o

Latvian Eagle 15-09-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Oh, and Carolina need to seriously review their QB options...

We have options? :eek:

We have Delhomme whose confidence is rock bottom, but will he get a chance to rebuild it is the question or is he just going to take a pounding all season long?

Josh McCown quite honestly is rubbish! Saying that he's probably a step up from David Carr two seasons ago.

Matt Moore showed potential when he came in 2 years ago, but he's hardly taken a snap since.

pauldrulez 15-09-2009 03:01 PM

McCown has been IR'ed.

You picked up AJ Feeley over 24 hours ago.

Swanny32 15-09-2009 04:35 PM

So by the looks of it AJ Feeley is a no go for us as a replacement QB this weekend as it looks as though he has been picked up by the Panthers, Balls! This, however, doesn't even appear to have been mentioned as a possibility from anyone in Philly, a couple of people have mentioned it on the boards but that's about it. People on the Philly board are talking as though Garcia has already joined us and there are multiple arguments as to whether or not he should start for us this weekend against the Saints.

I have no problems with Garcia joining us, if indeed he does, and as you know I'm not a big fan of Kevin Kolb, however, I don't for one second think that Garcia should automatically take the starting QB slot over Kolb. Kolb knows the offence, knows the plays, knows the system and knows all the players around him. Garcia hasn't played for us for a few years now and everything around him will have changed. Having said that, I think he is a better QB than Kolb.

Swanny32 15-09-2009 04:54 PM

He's signed, we have Jeff Garcia. Looks as though McNabb will definitely be rested on Sunday so now it's a shoot out between Kolb and Garcia as to who starts. Official site is saying that Kolb is a shoe in for starter.

Neil 15-09-2009 04:55 PM

Bollocks! Almost the perfect start to the season.