CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Skiddo 07-11-2017 06:50 PM

Things that annoy you
 
Modern firework displays that blast pop music at near defeaning levels during the whole bloody thing.

I thought the whole point of firework shows was to look and listen to them, not have Katy Perry and the Black Eyed Peas drowning the whole thing out.

Stellavista 07-11-2017 07:06 PM

Facebook now really gets on my tits.

PeterH 07-11-2017 07:39 PM

Trick with facebook is to have a 'take it or leave it' attitude.

Have a couple of days where you are nailing it, then leave it for a week.

the digger 07-11-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13933851)
Where did I say that?

In fact I said the opposite. I was countering the argument of celebrating Special Days away from the day itself. Thus, I don't tend to celebrate Mother's day on the day itself at all. The complete opposite of what you have posted. And Valentines, which is important to us for personal reason, we are usually on our summer holidays.

Your comment is completely erroneous. Shame on you.

My apologies. I misconstrued what you said.

Which is annoying in itself. For both of us. So at least it's in the right place.

the digger 07-11-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbush (Post 13933777)
Presumably 'proscribed' means something different down there?

I just seem to have completely unintuitive predictive texting.

Which is also annoying.

PeterH 07-11-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 13934196)
My apologies. I misconstrued what you said.

Which is annoying in itself. For both of us. So at least it's in the right place.

Cool beans. FWIW St Valentines is obviously a created consumerism day. For my wife and I it is a bit sickly sweet special though. More than our wedding anniversary.

Our first meeting was a drunken six hour snog fest. Through emails while I continued to travelling through SA I arranged a return visit. I flew back in from Rio on February 14th. I changed all my travel plans to do that, I didnt know Virginia at all, all my friends and probably some on the BBS thought I was having a mid life crisis. A rational person wouldnt have done that.

I arrived with red rose, romance perfume and Belgian chocs. The rest is history. Summer holidays in Chile are the month of February, so I like to make sure I am somewhere gorgeous over that date. Thus, I am not conned into forking out over the odds for a shitty set menu in a packed restaurant somewhere.

Virginia gets fresh flowers about every two weeks from me. 16 years later.

cappuccinoeagle 07-11-2017 11:25 PM

Fireworks on the 7th

Worksop Palace 07-11-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13934220)
Cool beans. FWIW St Valentines is obviously a created consumerism day. For my wife and I it is a bit sickly sweet special though. More than our wedding anniversary.

Our first meeting was a drunken six hour snog fest. Through emails while I continued to travelling through SA I arranged a return visit. I flew back in from Rio on February 14th. I changed all my travel plans to do that, I didnt know Virginia at all, all my friends and probably some on the BBS thought I was having a mid life crisis. A rational person wouldnt have done that.

I arrived with red rose, romance perfume and Belgian chocs. The rest is history. Summer holidays in Chile are the month of February, so I like to make sure I am somewhere gorgeous over that date. Thus, I am not conned into forking out over the odds for a shitty set menu in a packed restaurant somewhere.

Virginia gets fresh flowers about every two weeks from me. 16 years later.

Yes all very well and good, but.....

19% ?

Hibernator 07-11-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13934244)
Yes all very well and good, but.....

19% ?

Why do you think she gets the flowers ;)

Worksop Palace 07-11-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibernator (Post 13934247)
Why do you think she gets the flowers ;)

And every couple of weeks.....

If I got my Mrs flowers every two weeks she would just assume I was 19%ing someone else

Johnnieboy 08-11-2017 05:50 AM

Eyebrow pencils. Can anyone explain the current fashion for plucking out some or all of the hair and then painting an even wider completely unnatural looking couple of splodges across your forehead instead? It's like someone has let loose with a marker pen and looks absolutely fricken ridiculous!

Johnnieboy 08-11-2017 06:29 AM

...in fact, I'd go so far as to say that it looks like you fell asleep at your own stag or hen do and your mates drew them on for a laugh

Socrates 08-11-2017 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13934312)
Eyebrow pencils. Can anyone explain the current fashion for plucking out some or all of the hair and then painting an even wider completely unnatural looking couple of splodges across your forehead instead? It's like someone has let loose with a marker pen and looks absolutely fricken ridiculous!

Tell me about it...

Johnnieboy 08-11-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 13934318)
Tell me about it...

:D

Maidstoned Eagle 08-11-2017 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13934312)
Eyebrow pencils. Can anyone explain the current fashion for plucking out some or all of the hair and then painting an even wider completely unnatural looking couple of splodges across your forehead instead? It's like someone has let loose with a marker pen and looks absolutely fricken ridiculous!

Been catching up on the Educating Cardiff and Greater Manchester series lately and Mrs Maidstoned and I found much hilarity at the various designs, styles and abilities displayed in this dubious beauty regime, by the students in the programmes.

PeterH 08-11-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13934244)
Yes all very well and good, but.....

19% ?

Sometimes I cant find a vase.

bubbs11 08-11-2017 09:38 AM

The fact the manager of N Ireland is called Michael O'Neill and the manager of the Republic is Martin O'Neill.

When either are mentioned on the news it takes a few seconds to register which one they're talking about. Annoying!

Johnnieboy 08-11-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 13934381)
The fact the manager of N Ireland is called Michael O'Neill and the manager of the Republic is Martin O'Neill.

When either are mentioned on the news it takes a few seconds to register which one they're talking about. Annoying!

Yes, it is very much like "You say potato, I say potato"

Vendy 08-11-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13934312)
Eyebrow pencils. Can anyone explain the current fashion for plucking out some or all of the hair and then painting an even wider completely unnatural looking couple of splodges across your forehead instead? It's like someone has let loose with a marker pen and looks absolutely fricken ridiculous!

Crikey YES!! I hate with a passion in fact all the current trends in young women's make up, I mean WTF its like they all actually want to look like half the nunpties on Instagram its the new Croydon facelift look as I used to call it.

Then add all these ******* stupid daft filters and the filters that knock 10 years to make them look even less real then add the pout and the and look up to the camera to remove the 12 chins and make them look 9st instead of the actual 19 stone.

Vendy 08-11-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13934362)
Sometimes I cant find a vase.

lol

Vendy 08-11-2017 11:00 AM

The narcissistic Facebook/Instagram. Drives me nuts with 200+ "Friends" posting picture after picture of themselves. Out of the 200+ 5/6 likes and the odd comment "Gawjus" **** OFF

Yoda 08-11-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13934322)
Been catching up on the Educating Cardiff and Greater Manchester series lately and Mrs Maidstoned and I found much hilarity at the various designs, styles and abilities displayed in this dubious beauty regime, by the students in the programmes.

There were some crackers on Educating Manchester werenít there!

Some teenagers had drawn on their eyebrows to such an extent that they looked permanently surprised.

Years ago the teachers would have said ĎWTF have you done to yourself, you look ridiculous. Go and wash it offí. I guess that school doesnít allow the staff to make any such comment now.

In future when those kids look back on the teenage photos of themselves theyíll be questioning why nobody told them the truth and let them walk around like that.

thefox 08-11-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13934434)
The narcissistic Facebook/Instagram. Drives me nuts with 200+ "Friends" posting picture after picture of themselves. Out of the 200+ 5/6 likes and the odd comment "Gawjus" **** OFF

Ones that go to gym, swimming pool, running track in the park to take selfies of themselves exercising, especially those that don't actually do any. Get out the ******* way.

Selhurst Celtic 08-11-2017 11:46 AM

This whole 'selfie' business, is it just the modern equivalent of clambering into a passport photo booth & taking pictures like people used to years ago?

Vendy 08-11-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13934471)
This whole 'selfie' business, is it just the modern equivalent of clambering into a passport photo booth & taking pictures like people used to years ago?

Yeah maybe but daily updates is just ******* crazy at least in the past it was joint pictures and normally pulling stupid faces, they were not done to pass around in the Pub so people could say **** me you are Gawjus :supergrin:

Why else keep posting them other than trying to garner approval?! That was the point about the number of likes mostly they fail!

thefox 08-11-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13934471)
This whole 'selfie' business, is it just the modern equivalent of clambering into a passport photo booth & taking pictures like people used to years ago?

I'm never taking acselfie with you incase you try to cop a feel.

Selhurst Celtic 08-11-2017 12:12 PM

Prude.

thefox 08-11-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13934491)
Prude.

:supergrin:

little al 08-11-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13934322)
Been catching up on the Educating Cardiff and Greater Manchester series lately and Mrs Maidstoned and I found much hilarity at the various designs, styles and abilities displayed in this dubious beauty regime, by the students in the programmes.

I love those programmes.

Stellavista 08-11-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 13934462)
Ones that go to gym, swimming pool, running track in the park to take selfies of themselves exercising, especially those that don't actually do any. Get out the ******* way.

Twenty somethings who go to the gym, pool and running track who should be getting shitfaced and laid. What is wrong with that generation?

Worksop Palace 08-11-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13935110)
Twenty somethings who go to the gym, pool and running track who should be getting shitfaced and laid. What is wrong with that generation?

:D

Worksop Palace 08-11-2017 10:01 PM

I really like Masterchef.

But **** me, Greg Wallace is an absolute spanner

richdeniro 08-11-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13934434)
The narcissistic Facebook/Instagram. Drives me nuts with 200+ "Friends" posting picture after picture of themselves. Out of the 200+ 5/6 likes and the odd comment "Gawjus" **** OFF

Have had to delete a former schoolfriend due to the constant updates of how her new house is progressing. Final straw was a photo of her new washing machine and tumble dryer.

Her Facebook used to be great, photos of her staggering around with her tits and arse hanging out now fill up my feed with images of their dumb kid and new house.

Oldtown Eagle 08-11-2017 10:52 PM

Currently watching Apoc Now on something called Spike5. Probably one of the most cinematic scenes as the helicopters fly in to Wagner, the y cut to the ads. Lol.

cantspell 08-11-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13934428)
Crikey YES!! I hate with a passion in fact all the current trends in young women's make up, I mean WTF its like they all actually want to look like half the nunpties on Instagram its the new Croydon facelift look as I used to call it.



Then add all these ******* stupid daft filters and the filters that knock 10 years to make them look even less real then add the pout and the and look up to the camera to remove the 12 chins and make them look 9st instead of the actual 19 stone.


Superb commentary on this phenomenon- the pout particularly intrigues/annoys me - whoever decided this was a good look has a great sense of humour.

GreatGonzo 08-11-2017 11:06 PM

Football fans not knowing the Laws of the Game.

http://cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272735

Yoda 09-11-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13935061)
I love those programmes.

Me too, on many different levels.

But I donít think any have come close to the Educating Yorkshire series and that amazing story line of Mush and Mr Burton, who helped him pass his A level English and then deliver that speech. Great piece of memorable television.

Stellavista 09-11-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13934475)
Yeah maybe but daily updates is just ******* crazy at least in the past it was joint pictures and normally pulling stupid faces, they were not done to pass around in the Pub so people could say **** me you are Gawjus :supergrin:

Why else keep posting them other than trying to garner approval?! That was the point about the number of likes mostly they fail!

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/f...ar-on-fire.jpg

Hibernator 09-11-2017 02:18 AM

The BBC News website.

Once the un-flinching bastion af the civilised Wests neutral reporting of home and worldwide events.

Have they TOTALLY given up on being neutral any more?

And why do half their headlines involve a rhetorical ( clickbait style ) question?

Shit journalism nowadays.

CT_Palace 09-11-2017 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibernator (Post 13935494)
The BBC News website.

Once the un-flinching bastion af the civilised Wests neutral reporting of home and worldwide events.

Have they TOTALLY given up on being neutral any more?

And why do half their headlines involve a rhetorical ( clickbait style ) question?

Shit journalism nowadays.

The BBC news site has been shit for years now. Real dross of a news website. Where once detailed written articles are now replaced by a 30 second (if you're lucky (unlucky?) ) superficial "report".
Still, there's some nice pretty moving pictures to look at. :moo2:

PIE "N" MASH 09-11-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13935486)

Would have more impact if he took the shot sat behind the wheel.

thefox 09-11-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13935110)
Twenty somethings who go to the gym, pool and running track who should be getting shitfaced and laid. What is wrong with that generation?

Total let downs.

42 and drinking until 6am last week. :p

Blind_Eagle 09-11-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibernator (Post 13935494)
The BBC News website.

Agree completely, utter style over substance.

TWOSEAT EAGLE 09-11-2017 09:34 AM

My daughters pet rats eating through the computers power cable while she sits on her bed talking to her boyfriend......then her asking ME to buy her a replacement at £40.....little bastards are going to get fed to the cat!

Maz 09-11-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13935564)
Agree completely, utter style over substance.

And it used to be absolutely fineÖ

Isle of Wight 09-11-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13935564)
Agree completely, utter style over substance.

Rep sent. They are showing 20 years of website changes at the moment
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41890165
Some makes sense but its now so loud with BIG stuff everywhere its become a magazine not a news site.

Maidstoned Eagle 09-11-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWOSEAT EAGLE (Post 13935600)
My daughters pet rats eating through the computers power cable while she sits on her bed talking to her boyfriend......then her asking ME to buy her a replacement at £40.....little bastards are going to get fed to the cat!

I'm buying her bloody nothing.

pallet 09-11-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWOSEAT EAGLE (Post 13935600)
My daughters pet rats eating through the computers power cable while she sits on her bed talking to her boyfriend......then her asking ME to buy her a replacement at £40.....little bastards are going to get fed to the cat!

How can rats be classed as pets?

Selhurst Celtic 09-11-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 13935393)
Currently watching Apoc Now on something called Spike5. Probably one of the most cinematic scenes as the helicopters fly in to Wagner, the y cut to the ads. Lol.

I also watched this last night. The timing of the advert breaks was completely bizarre. When Kurtz finally appears from the shadows to comment on Willard being a messager boy after a prolonged build up they immediately went to an ad break.

Selhurst Celtic 09-11-2017 01:19 PM

Putting swimming hats on your kids. Guaranteed meltdown, histrionics, pain and tears. And the kids don't like it either.

Pat of the Palace 09-11-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13935826)
Putting swimming hats on your kids. Guaranteed meltdown, histrionics, pain and tears. And the kids don't like it either.

Shaved heads. Also cuts out any potential lice problem.

stamford triumph 09-11-2017 02:21 PM

Convertibles with diesel engines. I see the attraction of convertibles despite our crap weather and despite the fact that sitting in traffic with the roof down isn't great due to emissions from other vehicles. Why then choose one with a diesel engine to add to the general smell and fug?

Danny_Cheviot 09-11-2017 02:34 PM

The guilt trip your local council likes to put you on when you visit your local Dump. Oooops sorry, silly me, Recycling Center.

Just like the overloading guilt the Directors of my local council feel every month when they take £250 from my bank account.

TWOSEAT EAGLE 09-11-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13935729)
I'm buying her bloody nothing.

Tight arse :D

PalaceForever 09-11-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13935826)
Putting swimming hats on your kids. Guaranteed meltdown, histrionics, pain and tears. And the kids don't like it either.

https://i.imgur.com/j1uezz8.gif

stamford triumph 09-11-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot (Post 13935917)
The guilt trip your local council likes to put you on when you visit your local Dump. Oooops sorry, silly me, Recycling Center.

You should count yourselves lucky - our town of 20,000 inhabitants doesn't even have a local 'civic amenity site'. We have to take all our waste to the car park on a Saturday morning where it is loaded into 2 dustbin lorries without any separation for recycling. I tried to visit a neighboring recycling centre in Rutland but I was stopped from unloading because the Big Brother number plate recognition cameras had identified that I wasn't resident in Rutland!

Selhurst Celtic 09-11-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 13935930)

Genius. Thank you.

elgin eagle 09-11-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13935940)
Genius. Thank you.

Works with snooker balls too.*

* Doesnt really work with snooker balls

johnbush 09-11-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13935996)
Works with snooker balls too.

?

elgin eagle 09-11-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbush (Post 13936013)
?

It's a Selhurst Celtic ting. Admittedly that isn't a sock though.

thefox 09-11-2017 04:10 PM

SC is our resident hard man. *

* not really.

Selhurst Celtic 09-11-2017 04:20 PM

:D

Johnbush, it stems from a post I made a few years back about whacking a woman and a wolf/dog over the nut with a sock filled with snooker balls. I think it was Tomo's dog?

It's followed me about since, and I've played up to it myself as well. I shall cease from here onwards as I've probably jumped the shark.

dannyb1 09-11-2017 04:48 PM

Facebook buy/sell page job ad

Hey ladies I'm looking for some make up loving, selfie taking, self motivating, Facebook using, woman who would like to earn some extra cash to pay for Christmas 🎁🎅 have some fun whilst earning that cash, lots of help and support and the best training.

Sound like something you might like to try??? Give me a shout and we can have a chat 😊 I look forward to hearing from you

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d5&oe=5A996EAE

Slimbloke'H' 09-11-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13935813)
How can rats be classed as pets?

Siberian hamsters innit.

Maidstoned Eagle 09-11-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb1 (Post 13936093)
Facebook buy/sell page job ad

Hey ladies I'm looking for some make up loving, selfie taking, self motivating, Facebook using, woman who would like to earn some extra cash to pay for Christmas 🎁🎅 have some fun whilst earning that cash, lots of help and support and the best training.

Sound like something you might like to try??? Give me a shout and we can have a chat 😊 I look forward to hearing from you

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d5&oe=5A996EAE

Maybe we should create a false account and apply?

PeterH 09-11-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13935564)
Agree completely, utter style over substance.

And their live football sucks. You have to refresh to get the latest scores.

PeterH 09-11-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 13935930)

Have to try that one.

Blind_Eagle 09-11-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13936296)
And their live football sucks. You have to refresh to get the latest scores.

In the recent past the BBC had a web page that had live scores on the left and the live table on the right. Simple and perfect for giving you an understanding of how the days games were panning out.

So they dumped it.

Blind_Eagle 09-11-2017 09:39 PM

Extendable dog leads. Absolutely fecking pointless invention that causes no end of problems with people tripping over them.

If you are incapable of training a dog to walk to heel, an extending lead doesn’t resolve you from controlling your hound.

It’s an admission of failure. If you are incapable of actually training a dog, and need one of these to ensure your dog doesn’t run away, then don’t own a dog.

elgin eagle 09-11-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13936300)
Have to try that one.

Dont use snooker balls.

Isle of Wight 09-11-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 13935930)

brilliant

stamford triumph 09-11-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13936513)
dogs. Absolutely fecking pointless.

EFA

mushroom 10-11-2017 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 49723

johnbush 10-11-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13936065)
:D

Johnbush, it stems from a post I made a few years back about whacking a woman and a wolf/dog over the nut with a sock filled with snooker balls. I think it was Tomo's dog?

It's followed me about since, and I've played up to it myself as well. I shall cease from here onwards as I've probably jumped the shark.

Thanks for that.
It was just that I didn't understand the reference.

Still don't, but nothing new there.

PeterH 10-11-2017 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13936513)
Extendable dog leads. Absolutely fecking pointless invention that causes no end of problems with people tripping over them.

If you are incapable of training a dog to walk to heel, an extending lead doesnít resolve you from controlling your hound.

Itís an admission of failure. If you are incapable of actually training a dog, and need one of these to ensure your dog doesnít run away, then donít own a dog.

Indeed.

PeterH 10-11-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13936528)
Dont use snooker balls.

Maybe SC was one of the gangsters that used to barge into snooker clubs and do over some poor fecker, when I was playing several years ago. Places I was a member of, Crystal Palace, Tulse Hill, Rileys at Catford.

Useful for a few late pints and pie or two. All htree places I saw groups steam in at 2am or somesuch and give some poor sod a real shoeing. It was like being an extra in a Krays movie.

'You aint seen nothing, right'

'Whatever you say. Guv'



'Drink up we're leaving' .....before the cops arrive looking for witnesses.
Even the bloke behind the desk advised us to hop it and settle up next time we were in.

big bad John 10-11-2017 01:35 AM

Don't know if this has reached london yet but people who respond to your question with the words "What Happened"
"Nothing fvckin happened, I just asked you the feckin time."
This used to be common among members of the Hispanic community, for who English wasn't their first language. Now you're getting every Tom,Dick and Harriette, many of whom are college educated, responding in that way. :grrr:

Maidstoned Eagle 10-11-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbush (Post 13936768)
Thanks for that.
It was just that I didn't understand the reference.

Still don't, but nothing new there.

Watch "Scum".

Surrey Eagle 10-11-2017 08:33 AM

Back when I was at school, we had those teachers who would be so hippicritical . It really wound me up. F@king teachers

Maidstoned Eagle 10-11-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrey Eagle (Post 13936862)
Back when I was at school, we had those teachers who would be so hippicritical . It really wound me up. F@king teachers

Were they English teachers?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 10-11-2017 08:37 AM

Trying to scroll on a slow phone through internet pages, and clicking on things you don't want to. On the BBS, it's profiles. I've never clicked on anyone's profile deliberately.

Nostrils 10-11-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 13936868)
Trying to scroll on a slow phone through internet pages, and clicking on things you don't want to. On the BBS, it's profiles. I've never clicked on anyone's profile deliberately.

My pocket does that sometimes with my phone, it looks like you're stalking them. When I first joined, I often forgot and tried to look at a larger picture of their avatar (?) and ended up on their page.

Stellavista 10-11-2017 09:27 AM

Ah. It's not just me then.

Stellavista 10-11-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrey Eagle (Post 13936862)
Back when I was at school, we had those teachers who would be so hippicritical . It really wound me up. F@king teachers

'Back when I was at school'? You're only 22, so that was about five minutes ago, not Tudor England.

ceeby 10-11-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13936864)
Were they English teachers?

I saw what you did there :afro:

Maz 10-11-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13936864)
Were they English teachers?

No, they just didn't like hippies.

the digger 10-11-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13936927)
No, they just didn't like hippies.

Who does?

Add them to the list.

the digger 10-11-2017 10:32 AM

Taking your morning stroll during the school run.

With added Dulwich Village for extra annoyance.

stamford triumph 10-11-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13936876)
My pocket does that sometimes with my phone, it looks like you're stalking them. When I first joined, I often forgot and tried to look at a larger picture of their avatar (?) and ended up on their page.

The other day my phone randomly sent a picture via WhatsApp of my son dressed as a banana to one of my ex colleagues:eek:

the digger 10-11-2017 10:37 AM

I should add that most of the things that I find annoying are down to my lack of tolerance. At least, the annoyance is.

Which is annoying in itself.

Selhurst Celtic 10-11-2017 10:43 AM

Having a cricked neck.

Vendy 10-11-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford triumph (Post 13936963)
The other day my phone randomly sent a picture via WhatsApp of my son dressed as a banana to one of my ex colleagues:eek:

Could have been so much worse, I bought a phone off of a female colleague ages ago as a stop gap as I had lost mine. I had the pleasure of seeing her boyfriends dick pics, only as thumbnails fortunately. I backed it up to my PC when my phone arrived and a only a few weeks ago whilst searching my drop box for .jpg there were these pictures only figured out wtf they were by opening the file location!

So in here is a hint when you "delete" images off the phone it still leaves a thumbnail...

Yoda 10-11-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13936513)
Extendable dog leads. Absolutely fecking pointless invention that causes no end of problems with people tripping over them.

If you are incapable of training a dog to walk to heel, an extending lead doesnít resolve you from controlling your hound.

Itís an admission of failure. If you are incapable of actually training a dog, and need one of these to ensure your dog doesnít run away, then donít own a dog.

Very true, in some cases dog owners are just abdicating their responsibility to train their dog and just clipping it on to a huge lead. Really annoying when they use the extended lead on a path and expect other people to step over it whilst their dog is dashing about unpredictably.

Nostrils 10-11-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13936981)
Could have been so much worse, I bought a phone off of a female colleague ages ago as a stop gap as I had lost mine. I had the pleasure of seeing her boyfriends dick pics, only as thumbnails fortunately. I backed it up to my PC when my phone arrived and a only a few weeks ago whilst searching my drop box for .jpg there were these pictures only figured out wtf they were by opening the file location!

So in here is a hint when you "delete" images off the phone it still leaves a thumbnail...

My wife set up a function that sent all the pictures on my phone: WhatsApp, camera and downloads etc, to a shared family pics google cloud thing. She went through them one day and found, amongst boring boilers and cables there were some truly savage things that a friend on a WhatsApp group had sent - they were savage. We had a massive barney off the back of it, and I still don't think she believes me when I say they were sent to me and I didn't look them up.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 10-11-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford triumph (Post 13936963)
The other day my phone randomly sent a picture via WhatsApp of my son dressed as a banana to one of my ex colleagues:eek:

You were great in American Beauty

Neckinger Eagle 10-11-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWOSEAT EAGLE (Post 13935600)
My daughters pet rats eating through the computers power cable while she sits on her bed talking to her boyfriend......then her asking ME to buy her a replacement at £40.....little bastards are going to get fed to the cat!

A rat that can talk and eat at the same time? Don't feed it to the cat, get it on Britain's Got Talent as a vent act!

Vendy 10-11-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13936513)
Extendable dog leads. Absolutely fecking pointless invention that causes no end of problems with people tripping over them.

If you are incapable of training a dog to walk to heel, an extending lead doesnít resolve you from controlling your hound.

Itís an admission of failure. If you are incapable of actually training a dog, and need one of these to ensure your dog doesnít run away, then donít own a dog.

You would be amazed how many are sold!

Son of Selhurst 10-11-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13936927)
No, they just didn't like hippies.

Boom! No-one else saw what you did there

Son of Selhurst 10-11-2017 10:38 PM

Anyway - back on thread:

1) The England 'band' - please stop letting them in to play the same three 'tunes' - they're almost as much a worldwide laughing stock as ...

2) The England team - please stop letting them in

cappuccinoeagle 10-11-2017 11:30 PM

Kevin Bacon's EE phone ads


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.