CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 21-07-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14344352)
Himalayan is rock, not sea salt.

Did I say it wasnt?

Maz 21-07-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14344370)
Did I say it wasnt?

There was uncertainty, and that is why I clarified the fact that the Himalayas are made of rock for you.

the digger 21-07-2018 11:37 AM

Perfectly good threads getting derailed by foodie chitchat about salt

Worksop Palace 21-07-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14344375)
Perfectly good threads getting derailed by foodie chitchat about salt

Zaha has handed in a transfer request

Now thatís salty

Maidstoned Eagle 21-07-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14344372)
There was uncertainty, and that is why I clarified the fact that the Himalayas are made of rock for you.

I wasnt uncertain at all, I just said it was better.

Maz 21-07-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14344378)
I wasnt uncertain at all, I just said it was better.

So you agree that the Himalayas are not made of water?

Maidstoned Eagle 21-07-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14344380)
So you agree that the Himalayas are not made of water?

Once again, please tell me where I said they werent.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-07-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14344377)
Zaha has handed in a transfer request

Now thatís salty

Thats not even funny

Worksop Palace 21-07-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14344380)
So you agree that the Himalayas are not made of water?

But there will be an element of water in the Himalayas, no ?

(I love it when a thread gets derailed)

ExiledStirling 21-07-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14344385)
But there will be an element of water in the Himalayas, no ?

(I love it when a thread gets derailed)

Yes and in the actual rock parts;

https://geogallery.si.edu/10026437/water-in-rocks

ExiledStirling 21-07-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14344375)
Perfectly good threads getting derailed by foodie chitchat about salt

True, so it is a relief it is happening on this thread instead.

elgin eagle 21-07-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14344377)
Zaha has handed in a transfer request

Now thatís salty

Say it aint so.

Blind_Eagle 21-07-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14344216)
Table salt is refined and full of shit, sea salt etc isnt.

Himalayan salt is also full of shit such as chromium, iron, zinc, lead, and copper. Much of it isnít suitable for use as food without being refined due to these impurities.

Bestest my arse.

Malden sea salt is the king of salt.

Blind_Eagle 21-07-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14344380)
So you agree that the Himalayas are not made of water?

Why are we discussing the geology of the Himalayas?

Olympian2 21-07-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathe (Post 14343624)
Mines in the loft

Explosives ANYWHERE in the house.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-07-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14344414)
Himalayan salt is also full of shit such as chromium, iron, zinc, lead, and copper. Much of it isnít suitable for use as food without being refined due to these impurities.

Bestest my arse.

Malden sea salt is the king of salt.

Malden sea salt is from Essex, Essex is shit. Therefore malden Sea Salt is shit. Because it is full of Essex piss.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-07-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14344418)
Why are we discussing the geology of the Himalayas?

I dunno, I think Mazipedia has got confused in what we're talking about and how he can start an argument...with the wrong person. :D

little al 21-07-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14344266)
Table salt is shit. Otherwise known as death dust

Course sea salt is the only salt to use

Totally agree

little al 21-07-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14344322)
The modern version of Lambeth Country Show

Not been to that in over 30 years, used to be great. Is it still at Brockwell Park?

little al 21-07-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14344431)
Explosives ANYWHERE in the house.

:D

Maidstoned Eagle 21-07-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14344375)
Perfectly good threads getting derailed by foodie chitchat about salt

Cooks who, just because they can cook a decent chip, think they can be sneery at salt conversations

the digger 21-07-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14344457)
Not been to that in over 30 years, used to be great. Is it still at Brockwell Park?

Still at Brockwell Park but with a massive security fence to stop people bringing food/alcohol in and protect the interests of the vendors that have replaced the traditional entertainments.

art malice 21-07-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14344266)
Course sea salt is the only salt to use

Coarse.

HTH.

the digger 21-07-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14344495)
Coarse.

HTH.

Of coarse.

the digger 21-07-2018 02:04 PM

Watching Melbourne Demons

Worksop Palace 21-07-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14344495)
Coarse.

HTH.

Fair play

Was watching the golf :D

art malice 21-07-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14344537)
Fair play

Was watching the golf :D

Course :)

the digger 22-07-2018 01:15 PM

Single use plastic marketing fences.

the digger 22-07-2018 01:15 PM

The socio-economics of the single use plastics debate.

the digger 22-07-2018 01:17 PM

Fans who make little or no effort to understand the financial limits of a club our size.

Maidstoned Eagle 22-07-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14345878)
Fans who make little or no effort to understand the financial limits of a club our size.

Yeah, but why can't we pay Ronaldo 100 mill a year?

Yoda 22-07-2018 03:28 PM

You try to catch up on a programme on the ITV iplayer, it plays the adverts but then you get a black screen rather than the programme.

And then they have the cheek to put up a notice suggesting there’s something wrong with my internet connection to them! Yeah right, but it was perfectly fine when you were streaming your bloody adverts to me...no buffering or problems then were there.

the digger 22-07-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14345985)
Yeah, but why can't we pay Ronaldo 100 mill a year?

As if we want that aging journeyman.

We should be using Zaha as leverage to get Mbappe and signing Allison and Donarumma to solve our goalkeeping problem.

Then we'd have no trouble enticing Pogba.

thefox 22-07-2018 07:07 PM

When you catch a glimpse of a market stall holders arse bending over in a short skirt only when they stand up it's a 18 year old transvestite in a dress.

the digger 22-07-2018 07:55 PM

Investing emotionally in discussions on the BBS

Worksop Palace 22-07-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14346395)
Investing emotionally in discussions on the BBS

Chillax dude :p

Mr Mojo Risin 22-07-2018 10:41 PM

The new trend for footballers to make various poses when signing for a new club e.g. Alisson trying to eat the goal net when he signed for Liverpool.

Bryan 22-07-2018 10:52 PM

Collarless shirts and 3/4 length trousers

rhiannapaul 22-07-2018 10:55 PM

The bbc biased reporting

elgin eagle 22-07-2018 11:34 PM

With you there

ExiledStirling 22-07-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14346585)
With you there

You have kept that to yourself

elgin eagle 22-07-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14346587)
You have kept that to yourself

It was you that planted that mi6 seed.

ExiledStirling 22-07-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14346589)
It was you that planted that mi6 seed.

And rightly so, imagine how boring the Ukraine thread would have ended up being if I hadn't :)

elgin eagle 22-07-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14346599)
And rightly so, imagine how boring the Ukraine thread would have ended up being if I hadn't :)

Would have probably only made 2 pages.

ExiledStirling 22-07-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14346603)
Would have probably only made 2 pages.

And if it had, the BBC would have reported it as not getting beyond the first page :veryangry

Socrates 23-07-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14346603)
Would have probably only made 2 pages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14346616)
And if it had, the BBC would have reported it as not getting beyond the first page :veryangry


You are pissing on the legacy of Muffin the Mule, Valerie Singleton and Nicholas Witchell. Take a good long look at yourselves and ask, have I, maybe, caught scotch bitterness?

ExiledStirling 23-07-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 14346630)
You are pissing on the legacy of Muffin the Mule, Valerie Singleton and Nicholas Witchell. Take a good long look at yourselves and ask, have I, maybe, caught scotch bitterness?

Is it too late to apologise?

I need a Buckfast.

elgin eagle 23-07-2018 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 14346630)
You are pissing on the legacy of Muffin the Mule, Valerie Singleton and Nicholas Witchell. Take a good long look at yourselves and ask, have I, maybe, caught scotch bitterness?

Ivor the Engine was alright I suppose.

Socrates 23-07-2018 12:24 AM

Hey brothers, I understand. I was raised by scotch people (weegees - yeah, so I've been there). I'm not criticising you, think of it as a loving intervention. One day at a time my brothers, one day at a time.

ebyeeckeagle 23-07-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14346641)
Ivor the Engine was alright I suppose.

Showed there is no need for over paid drivers.

Socrates 23-07-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 14346648)
Showed there is no need for over paid drivers.

You clearly learned nothing from watching Ivor. Without Jones the Steam he would have been scrapped by the man.

Johnnieboy 23-07-2018 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 14346649)
You clearly learned nothing from watching Ivor. Without Jones the Steam he would have been scrapped by the man.

Yes, and that's the anonymous, ivory tower "man" too, not a hard working public face fat controller

Socrates 23-07-2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 14346654)
Yes, and that's the anonymous, ivory tower "man" too, not a hard working public face fat controller

:p

Slimbloke'H' 23-07-2018 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 14346649)
You clearly learned nothing from watching Ivor. Without Jones the Steam he would have been scrapped by the man.

Immaterial.

Single track branch line - would never have never have survived Beeching.

elgin eagle 23-07-2018 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 14346648)
Showed there is no need for over paid drivers.

Definitely not enough union involvement i'll grant you.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 23-07-2018 02:58 AM

Everything

elgin eagle 23-07-2018 08:17 AM

The smoke alarm battery. Feck you at 0630 after 5 hours kip.

Also breaking the smoke alarm at 0700 with the screwdriver trying to get the **** to come off the ceiling.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 10:32 AM

Better not burn the toast now.

ExiledStirling 23-07-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14346884)
Better not burn the toast now.

What are you on about?

This is exactly the time to burn the toast.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14346943)
What are you on about?

This is exactly the time to burn the toast.

Its KGB code for " the batteries in our listening devices need changing"

Pub Idol 23-07-2018 11:34 AM

Fat kids. No excuse for that.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 14346983)
Fat kids. No excuse for that.

Big bones, genetics, over active thyroid...there's loads of excuses.

Pub Idol 23-07-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14346998)
Big bones, genetics, over active thyroid...there's loads of excuses.

Ha. Can you be genetically fat?

Pub Idol 23-07-2018 12:02 PM

Puppy fat! That's another one. Whatever that means...

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 14347026)
Ha. Can you be genetically fat?

Dunno, but thats what you hear fat mums say as theyre shoving another McDonalds burger into their rotund 8 year olds gob.

little al 23-07-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14346998)
Big bones, genetics, over active thyroid...there's loads of excuses.

How long did it take you to get fat? You slimmed down quicker I bet, looking good now.

Stellavista 23-07-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 14347026)
Ha. Can you be genetically fat?

Genetically stupid?

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14347097)
How long did it take you to get fat? You slimmed down quicker I bet, looking good now.

It took me about ten years to get up to 22 stone from 16 stone. It took me less than a year to lose 10 stone.

elgin eagle 23-07-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14347180)
It took me about ten years to get up to 22 stone from 16 stone. It took me less than a year to lose 10 stone.

How did you do it? Asking for a friend.

Blind_Eagle 23-07-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14347180)
It took me less than a year to lose 10 stone.

Bloody hell thats impressive!

little al 23-07-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14347184)
How did you do it? Asking for a friend.

Stayed happily bald.

little al 23-07-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14347180)
It took me about ten years to get up to 22 stone from 16 stone. It took me less than a year to lose 10 stone.

22 stone, shit, you never looked that bg.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14347184)
How did you do it? Asking for a friend.

Stop boozing Monday to Friday, which led to me cutting drinking down almost completely.... and yes, I was a heavy drinker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14347313)
22 stone, shit, you never looked that bg.

The benefits of being 6'3"

ExiledStirling 23-07-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14347184)
How did you do it? Asking for a friend.

Thanks mate. Appreciated.

ExiledStirling 23-07-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14347311)
Stayed happily bald.

:supergrin:

CT_Palace 23-07-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14347412)
Thanks mate. Appreciated.

:D

little al 23-07-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14347412)
Thanks mate. Appreciated.

:D

Blind_Eagle 23-07-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14347383)
Stop boozing Monday to Friday, which led to me cutting drinking down almost completely.... and yes, I was a heavy drinker.

No change in diet or exercise alongside dropping the booze Pete?

little al 23-07-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14347485)
No change in diet or exercise alongside dropping the booze Pete?

Runnig around after a couple of kids probably helped.

Blind_Eagle 23-07-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14347496)
Runnig around after a couple of kids probably helped.

You may well be right, I lost nearly three stone in 18 months just by getting an ESS.:eek:

little al 23-07-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14347502)
You may well be right, I lost nearly three stone in 18 months just by getting an ESS.:eek:

ESS?

little al 23-07-2018 04:10 PM

Extra sexy stockings?

Blind_Eagle 23-07-2018 04:14 PM

English Springer Spaniel you daft ****wit.

little al 23-07-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14347518)
English Springer Spaniel you daft ****wit.

:D:lux::lux:

art malice 23-07-2018 04:32 PM

Elasticated spunk sock?

little al 23-07-2018 04:32 PM

I got weighed at a medical today, I am 11s fecking 4lb

little al 23-07-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14347539)
Elasticated spunk sock?

(this is the game I wanted to play, good work).

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14347496)
Runnig around after a couple of kids probably helped.

Lost the weight before the kids appeared.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14347485)
No change in diet or exercise alongside dropping the booze Pete?

Nope, always ate well and healthily, did a bit more walking. Started in the gym after dropping 8 stone, and still go 3 times a week just because I enjoy it.

little al 23-07-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14347564)
Lost the weight before the kids appeared.

Hence you pulled the wife:p

Riley 23-07-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14347541)
I got weighed at a medical today, I am 11s fecking 4lb

So you're the new signing Palace have been keeping under wraps?

Maidstoned Eagle 23-07-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14347661)
Hence you pulled the wife:p

Probably

little al 23-07-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14347673)
Probably

Good on ya!

little al 23-07-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 14347672)
So you're the new signing Palace have been keeping under wraps?

Spring chicken at 49 and absolutely hopeless. Loan me out to the weeds.:lux:

Maz 23-07-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14347673)
Probably

So now you can go to seed again!

elgin eagle 23-07-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14347412)
Thanks mate. Appreciated.

:p

I could do with losing a pound or two. 17 stone is too many pies when you are 5'11. Having said that I've just eaten a pie and like pies. Surely there must be a surgical option that does all the hard work for you.

nathe 23-07-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14347761)
:p

I could do with losing a pound or two. 17 stone is too many pies when you are 5'11. Having said that I've just eaten a pie and like pies. Surely there must be a surgical option that does all the hard work for you.

Gastric band

elgin eagle 23-07-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathe (Post 14347763)
Gastric band

I have an elastic band somewhere. Does that result in lots of loose skin everywhere? Mind you, I guess you can probably get that lasered off and tattooed over or something. I would imagine it would force you to exercise more to avoid that scenario though.

little al 23-07-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14347771)
I have an elastic band somewhere. Does that result in lots of loose skin everywhere? Mind you, I guess you can probably get that lasered off and tattooed over or something. I would imagine it would force you to exercise more to avoid that scenario though.


Worksop Palace 23-07-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14347539)
Elasticated spunk sock?

:supergrin:

Reading this on the bog and had a cling on. A hearty giggle loosened it so cheers


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.