CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Reps AJ 24-10-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14476251)
If only it was possible to engage someone, perhaps who was skilled in electrics, who could install a plug by your bed. Perhaps this is the sort of genius idea that might succeed on Dragon’s Den?

As a guest, I think rewiring hotel rooms is frowned upon

Timbo 24-10-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 14474620)
Whats the hurry.... I'd prefer this to the Aldi trend for whizzing everything past the scanner at super speed only for shit to pile up whilst you organise yourself... this is completely unnecessary and i will not be forced into a panic and go at my own pace whilst ignoring the tutting from the checkout... if they want it at super speed then give everyone hand held scanners and just have pay stations..



Apart from that I quite like their Euro product range


Aldi scanner does indeed go bloody fast, combined with less than usual space for the scanned shopping. Prices and range good though:afro:

FORZA SELHURST 24-10-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14476251)
If only it was possible to engage someone, perhaps who was skilled in electrics, who could install a plug by your bed. Perhaps this is the sort of genius idea that might succeed on Dragon’s Den?

Can you two get your collective heads around the difference between a 'plug' and a 'socket' pls? TIA.

Hedgehog 24-10-2018 08:30 PM

Went to the car wash today... why do they always have to **** with the seats settings.

Takes be weeks to get it where I want it and they come along and move it all over the place - I think it's their little game.

I know... another middle class problem!

Hedgehog 24-10-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST (Post 14476291)
Can you two get your collective heads around the difference between a 'plug' and a 'socket' pls? TIA.

Where does "Outlet" fit into this?

FORZA SELHURST 24-10-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14476294)
Where does "Outlet" fit into this?

I think you'll find it's the other way round and things fit in to outlets.

little al 24-10-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 14475655)
Hotel rooms where the electricity is controlled by you key card, and that includes the plugs, so you can't leave something charging when you go to breakfast.

You can put any card in most of them, they dont work by the code.

little al 24-10-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 14475927)
Plug location is the problem. Not one by the bed.

Why do you need to charge anything by the bed?

Maidstoned Eagle 24-10-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14476293)
Went to the car wash today... why do they always have to **** with the seats settings.

Takes be weeks to get it where I want it and they come along and move it all over the place - I think it's their little game.

I know... another middle class problem!

Are you a short arse?

Richard 24-10-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 14475655)
Hotel rooms where the electricity is controlled by you key card, and that includes the plugs, so you can't leave something charging when you go to breakfast.

If only you had anything else to fit in the credit card-sized slot ...

Stick your season ticket in it - at least you'll get something back for it this season.

Hedgehog 24-10-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14476319)
Are you a short arse?

Kind of the opposite... I'm in the Peter Crouch mold!

It's the car wash people that are the short arses.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-10-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14476348)
Kind of the opposite... I'm in the Peter Crouch mold!

It's the car wash people that are the short arses.

Well theres your answer.

fioreuk 25-10-2018 11:13 AM

Wanky Business speak - what a load of self righteous crap, always annoys me.

On a call this morning, about projects, some real gems cam out.

"The War Room"

"Projects now divided into 3 categories, based on size, Boulders, Pebbles and Sand"

"In order to assess your request we will have a weekly 'T'Shirt sizing' meeting where we will determine how much cloth you need rather than the one size approach" (Fitz Hall...apologies)

Utter twats

Selhurst Celtic 25-10-2018 11:33 AM

Forgetting to pay the DART charge. Again. £70 fine for the two trips across the Thames.

Worksop Palace 25-10-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14476884)
Forgetting to pay the DART charge. Again. £70 fine for the two trips across the Thames.

Lovely :D

jjeagle 25-10-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14476884)
Forgetting to pay the DART charge. Again. £70 fine for the two trips across the Thames.

You probably know this already but set up the online auto pay and you'll never forget again.

Selhurst Celtic 25-10-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14476908)
Lovely :D

I reckon I've got stung by a speed camera on the A1 near Worksop again too. Just waiting for that to hit the doormat to improve my mood.

Selhurst Celtic 25-10-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjeagle (Post 14476943)
You probably know this already but set up the online auto pay and you'll never forget again.

Aye, I'm aware of this now. I rarely use the Dartford crossing as I live near the Blackwell Tunnel & Woolwich ferry. If it wouldn't result in loads of traffic around my way I'd fecking bomb the Dartford crossing to justify the £70.

west country boy 25-10-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14476964)
I reckon I've got stung by a speed camera on the A1 near Worksop again too. Just waiting for that to hit the doormat to improve my mood.

What on earth were you doing near "Worksop"?

elgin eagle 25-10-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 14477018)
What on earth were you doing near "Worksop"?

Visiting popester

Selhurst Celtic 25-10-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 14477018)
What on earth were you doing near "Worksop"?

I've been in the north east. Half term, innit.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-10-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 14477018)
What on earth were you doing near "Worksop"?

Walking his dog

Isle of Wight 25-10-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14476982)
Aye, I'm aware of this now. I rarely use the Dartford crossing as I live near the Blackwell Tunnel & Woolwich ferry. If it wouldn't result in loads of traffic around my way I'd fecking bomb the Dartford crossing to justify the £70.

What’s galling is they were supposed to stop the tolls once it had been paid for. Instead they sold it to a French company. So we now subsidise Frances transport systems

Selhurst Celtic 25-10-2018 12:14 PM

This may have been mentioned in my foul mouthed rantings this morning.

matayusgiovanni 25-10-2018 12:24 PM

Corrected,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14477054)
, Wanking his dog


Maidstoned Eagle 25-10-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matayusgiovanni (Post 14477156)
Corrected,

That's Butler

weltklasse 25-10-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14477306)
That's Butler

Jizz de chien?

Stellavista 25-10-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14476982)
Aye, I'm aware of this now. I rarely use the Dartford crossing as I live near the Blackwell Tunnel & Woolwich ferry. If it wouldn't result in loads of traffic around my way I'd fecking bomb the Dartford crossing to justify the £70.

I assume you're looking forward to having your front door kicked in at 4am? Suppose it saves setting the alarm..

Maidstoned Eagle 25-10-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 14477350)
Jizz de chien?

doigté le cul d'un chien

Worksop Palace 25-10-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14476964)
I reckon I've got stung by a speed camera on the A1 near Worksop again too. Just waiting for that to hit the doormat to improve my mood.

:supergrin: ‘Kin brilliant

...sorry, I mean, oh dear

Hedgehog 26-10-2018 05:58 PM

Not having electricity. Amazing how you miss it. Before you say it, nothing to do with unpaid bills... scheduled maintenance by the electric company.

FORZA SELHURST 26-10-2018 06:07 PM

Get yourself an inverter and connect it to your vehicle. Do use one of those little RCD plugs. I'm guessing in California you want to keep fridge/freezer running.

Hedgehog 26-10-2018 06:17 PM

Thanks, but it’s a bit late now! Plenty of sun light and charge phone in car if needed. Bathrooms are a bit of a problem as they have no windows. I think I’ll go hit some golf balls as they warn it could be 6 hours.

Joe85 26-10-2018 07:04 PM

Falling down the stairs at home.

Heel slipped off the top stair, skated down the entire flight on my back and arse. Got carpet burns on both arms.

****.

Hedgehog 26-10-2018 08:57 PM

Having to reset about 8 clocks after a power outage!

Wolfnipplechips 26-10-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14478967)
Falling down the stairs at home.

Heel slipped off the top stair, skated down the entire flight on my back and arse. Got carpet burns on both arms.

****.

Slipped down one stair in Feb....torn ligaments and a fractured ankle. Wimp.

Terrace Bickle 26-10-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14478967)
Falling down the stairs at home.

Heel slipped off the top stair, skated down the entire flight on my back and arse. Got carpet burns on both arms.

****.

What about your coccyx?

CK 26-10-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14478967)
Falling down the stairs at home.

Heel slipped off the top stair, skated down the entire flight on my back and arse. Got carpet burns on both arms.

****.

Carpet burns.........ooh memories of youth :p

Nostrils 26-10-2018 11:18 PM

2 for the price of 1.

I don't find bargains annoying, but digging out a massive splinter only snatch failure from the jaws of victory when the bastard split in two before it all come out. Just as the red mist was rising, I realised I was becoming short sighted, or long, I can't remember which is which.

Eaglesmad123 26-10-2018 11:36 PM

People on here who take random photos of commuters on trains and then slag them off via twitter. Not on as the person has not given permission.

Hedgehog 27-10-2018 02:35 AM

People who get to stay in really fancy and expensive hotel on business (conferences/seminars) and then go on Trip Advisor and say how wonderful the hotel is.

Maybe if they were paying out of their own pockets they might look at the place in a different light.

Hedgehog 27-10-2018 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 (Post 14479178)
People on here who take random photos of commuters on trains and then slag them off via twitter. Not on as the person has not given permission.

foresthillbilly?

CT_Palace 27-10-2018 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14479250)
People who get to stay in really fancy and expensive hotel on business (conferences/seminars) and then go on Trip Advisor and say how wonderful the hotel is.

Maybe if they were paying out of their own pockets they might look at the place in a different light.

Which begs the question , why are you looking at trip advisor reviews of fancy expensive hotels H? Splashing out?

Hedgehog 27-10-2018 06:53 AM

Things that annoy you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14479283)
Which begs the question , why are you looking at trip advisor reviews of fancy expensive hotels H? Splashing out?


I did, it’s the one we went to last year. People who have to pay out of their own pockets (me included) seem to have a different view of the place than those on a company jolly.

Maidstoned Eagle 27-10-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 (Post 14479178)
People on here who take random photos of commuters on trains and then slag them off via twitter. Not on as the person has not given permission.

Someone took a picture of you didnt they. :)

RobertCPFC 27-10-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14478967)
Falling down the stairs at home.

Heel slipped off the top stair, skated down the entire flight on my back and arse. Got carpet burns on both arms.

****.

I know what that's like, a few years ago I fell and fractured my shoulder.

bigGcpfc 27-10-2018 03:04 PM

The most annoying ads on TV and more so the radio are all the Mcdonalds ads with that infuriating whistle at the end. I have to switch them off as they are driving me mad.

the digger 27-10-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14479250)
People who get to stay in really fancy and expensive hotel on business (conferences/seminars) and then go on Trip Advisor and say how wonderful the hotel is.

Maybe if they were paying out of their own pockets they might look at the place in a different light.

Online/social media reviews in general.

I just skim read the google and Facebook reviews for a place I'm doing some work for and, at least, a third are questionable in their impartiality.

macstar 27-10-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigGcpfc (Post 14479634)
The most annoying ads on TV and more so the radio are all the Mcdonalds ads with that infuriating whistle at the end. I have to switch them off as they are driving me mad.

..and its been going on for about 16 years!!!!! Longest, annoying ad campaign in history!

thefox 27-10-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14479075)
Having to reset about 8 clocks after a power outage!

I am looking forward to your annual thread bump next week. I mean tomorrow, cough.

Hedgehog 27-10-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14479667)
I am looking forward to your annual thread bump next week. I mean tomorrow, cough.

Thanks for the reminder.

So they change in The UK tonight? I'll have to figure out what that does to the game in the morning.

Timbo 27-10-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14479734)
Thanks for the reminder.

So they change in The UK tonight? I'll have to figure out what that does to the game in the morning.

Oooh , thanks

davech 27-10-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14479734)
Thanks for the reminder.

So they change in The UK tonight? I'll have to figure out what that does to the game in the morning.

We will turn up an hour early but still manage to put a couple wide of an empty net?

glenn.f 27-10-2018 05:18 PM

Seeing that Glenn Murray has just poached yet another decent penalty box finish for the scum...sigh !!

Lombardo 888 27-10-2018 06:50 PM

I am astonished about how many things annoy me - particularly the behaviour and actions of people on public transport.

PIE "N" MASH 27-10-2018 07:57 PM

Indian workmate brings in some lovely food cooked by his wife,annoyingly once again she never did enough for us to share.Caused a fair old row :lux::lux:

Pat of the Palace 28-10-2018 07:55 AM

The fact that the kids don't seem to get the fact that we had an extra hour in bed.

Panther 28-10-2018 08:48 AM

Or in our case, cats.

ulysses 28-10-2018 11:03 AM

When loud people say, "ooh, you're very quiet, aren't you?" to me.

Yoda 28-10-2018 11:10 AM

Robbie Williams’ wife bigging herself by making sarcy comments about him on X Factor.

I’d love him to turn to her and say ‘who the ***king hell are you then?’

PeterH 28-10-2018 02:56 PM

Grandson using the water pistol on the TV. Now need to find money for new TV.

cappuccinoeagle 28-10-2018 10:37 PM

Chemmy Alcott- may have done this before- keeps turning up on TV - a right Big I Am.

bubbs11 29-10-2018 06:49 AM

The phrase ‘puts things into perspective’ in relation to football when a tragedy happens.

Hear people on the media say that all the time - especially at the moment - and it infuriates me. Like everyone that loves the game thinks it’s more significant than life and death situations and we need our spiritually superior media host to give us soulless fools a wake up call. So patronising.

elgin eagle 29-10-2018 10:44 AM

Great post Nick. Puts everything into perspective.

art malice 29-10-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14482262)
The phrase ‘puts things into perspective’ in relation to football when a tragedy happens.

Hear people on the media say that all the time - especially at the moment - and it infuriates me. Like everyone that loves the game thinks it’s more significant than life and death situations and we need our spiritually superior media host to give us soulless fools a wake up call. So patronising.

Yep. Anyone using it should just quit, as they obviously think football’s a load of pointless bollocks. Oh you’re back again are you? Fvck off.

CP-RJW 29-10-2018 04:53 PM

People not from London who’s knowledge of the place roughly boils down to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park telling me that South East London ‘isn’t really London.’

davech 29-10-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14482849)
People not from London who’s knowledge of the place roughly boils down to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park telling me that South East London ‘isn’t really London.’

Whereas Norf London most definitely is :rolleyes:

Worksop Palace 29-10-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14482849)
People not from London who’s knowledge of the place roughly boils down to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park telling me that South East London ‘isn’t really London.’

Doesn’t sound like you’re enjoying Sheff much mate :D

Found a decent Chinese yet ?

CP-RJW 29-10-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14482987)
Doesn’t sound like you’re enjoying Sheff much mate :D

Found a decent Chinese yet ?

Nah I’m loving it, but haven’t spotted a ‘things you love’ thread on here :D And yet to find a decent Chinese, although my flatmate does a mean stir fry.

Maidstoned Eagle 29-10-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14483019)
Nah I’m loving it, but haven’t spotted a ‘things you love’ thread on here :D And yet to find a decent Chinese, although my flatmate does a mean stir fry.

Try the search facility.

the digger 30-10-2018 07:43 PM

Having to scroll down a page to find this thread.

the digger 30-10-2018 07:43 PM

The media's desire to publicly share grief.

the digger 30-10-2018 07:44 PM

Armistice day tributes in October.

Owngoal 30-10-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14485128)
Armistice day tributes in October.

All the people who will moan about James McClean not wearing a shirt with a poppy on and being too thick to realise that no paras were ever brought to juctice for the murders committed by them in Derry which is his reason not to wear one.

radiomike 30-10-2018 07:54 PM

Solipsistic People who can only talk about themeselves, always in glowing terms, often mentioning their own name in the tedious process. As soon as you get a word in edgeways they turn the conversation back to themselves again.

PeterH 31-10-2018 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14482262)
The phrase ‘puts things into perspective’ in relation to football when a tragedy happens.

Hear people on the media say that all the time - especially at the moment - and it infuriates me. Like everyone that loves the game thinks it’s more significant than life and death situations and we need our spiritually superior media host to give us soulless fools a wake up call. So patronising.

I agree. Oddly, I got chastised on here some months back for daring to say the same thing.

Funny old world the BBS. I suppose my timing was out.

It's a tired cliche.

LN1 31-10-2018 03:40 AM

The diabetes prevention nurse telling me 'well done on the weight loss....but now go and lose another two stone' Wow! if I lose another two stone you could hold me up to the light and see through me! It really is time those weight/obesity charts were reconsidered?

Hedgehog 31-10-2018 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 14485404)
The diabetes prevention nurse telling me 'well done on the weight loss....but now go and lose another two stone' Wow! if I lose another two stone you could hold me up to the light and see through me! It really is time those weight/obesity charts were reconsidered?

I'm going through the same thing... I already make Peter Crouch look like Neil Ruddock!

Last time I saw the Doc, he said, try and lose anther 5 pounds.

I'm at the stage now where I'm trying to put weight on, I currently weight the same as I did when I got married 33 years ago and still losing.

I don't think it's a good look, and I'm yet to see any evidence my blood glucose numbers are down to the normal range.

Martin H 31-10-2018 12:53 PM

The recent adoption of the word 'gammon' to describe 'older europhobics' and maybe even more so using it to fuel this young vs older division in society that appears to be gathering steam.

Using it as an insult then seems more than ironic but maybe that's just me.

Besides i never did like gammon :)

Reps AJ 31-10-2018 01:09 PM

We are casual dress at work all week and have been for some time (2+ years?)... so the people who still turn up in suits/shirts/smart shoes annoy me

Maidstoned Eagle 31-10-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 14486060)
We are casual dress at work all week and have been for some time (2+ years?)... so the people who still turn up in suits/shirts/smart shoes annoy me

Perhaps they think they're James Bond

Hitchin Eagle 31-10-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 14485404)
The diabetes prevention nurse telling me 'well done on the weight loss....but now go and lose another two stone' Wow! if I lose another two stone you could hold me up to the light and see through me! It really is time those weight/obesity charts were reconsidered?

It's better to be 100% overweight than 100% underweight.

Richard 31-10-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 14486060)
We are casual dress at work all week and have been for some time (2+ years?)... so the people who still turn up in suits/shirts/smart shoes annoy me

Perhaps they have permitted themselves a coloured hankerchief ?

Isle of Wight 31-10-2018 01:32 PM

Annuities. If you have a 25k pension they will only pay you £998 a year which supposed I will live to 92 what a load of bollocks. I want all the £ now and I’ll buy a sports car and die young .........ish

Maidstoned Eagle 31-10-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 14486080)
Perhaps they have permitted themselves a coloured hankerchief ?

You are a classy fella.

Purepalace 31-10-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14482849)
People not from London who’s knowledge of the place roughly boils down to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park telling me that South East London ‘isn’t really London.’

Show the dopes this. You will need to point out the bottom line to them as the ignorant, northern divs won't notice it otherwise.

https://img.techpowerup.org/181031/s-l300.jpg

Jim Cannon 31-10-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 14485404)
The diabetes prevention nurse telling me 'well done on the weight loss....but now go and lose another two stone' Wow! if I lose another two stone you could hold me up to the light and see through me! It really is time those weight/obesity charts were reconsidered?

Do you have pre diabetes? Just been told I have

LN1 31-10-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 14486259)
Do you have pre diabetes? Just been told I have

Was told about five months ago that I was at a high level level of pre-diabetic state and should lose weight and exercise immedeately. Have to say that after last Christmas over indulging, being away on hols in January and coming back with an illness that laid me low for a month it probably led to the high readings that were not normal for me? I was offered meetings and advice but just started off myself on a low fat diet and some exercise and lost two stone and two pounds since that time. Fortunately all but one of the blood test result indicators are out of the pre-diabetic state and the remaining one borderline. I've been told I'm not needed to be seen by the nurse again or followed up but was advised to lose two more stone to match their guidelines on height/weight obesity levels.

PeterH 31-10-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14479734)
Thanks for the reminder.

So they change in The UK tonight? I'll have to figure out what that does to the game in the morning.

Only 3 hours time difference for CT and I now. Seems crazy when you think of the distance.

Hedgehog 31-10-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 14486259)
Do you have pre diabetes? Just been told I have

You may want to take a look at this thread if you haven't seen it:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthrea...light=Diabetes

Some useful information in there.

the digger 31-10-2018 08:10 PM

People in a pub putting their jackets and bags on the table next to the one they're sitting at. Then looking at you like you're the dick for asking them to move it.

Panther 31-10-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 14486165)
Show the dopes this. You will need to point out the bottom line to them as the ignorant, northern divs won't notice it otherwise.

https://img.techpowerup.org/181031/s-l300.jpg

Which brings back memories of a chip shop near Roker Park in 1990. When the lass behind the counter asked who we were supporting and we told her, she asked, “Crystal Palace, where’s that?”

Salad_Burnet 01-11-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 14486060)
We are casual dress at work all week and have been for some time (2+ years?)... so the people who still turn up in suits/shirts/smart shoes annoy me

Similar to this, Macdonald's have now introduced a ticketing system so that you collect your food when it's ready and your number's called. But people - mostly older - still insist on queuing and getting in your way when it's time. They give you filthy looks as you wrestle your way to the counter at the front.

It's very annoying.

bubbs11 01-11-2018 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 14486545)
Which brings back memories of a chip shop near Roker Park in 1990. When the lass behind the counter asked who we were supporting and we told her, she asked, “Crystal Palace, where’s that?”

I met the odd American this summer that asked ‘where’s that?’ when I said I lived in Scotland.

Isle of Wight 01-11-2018 08:45 AM

Stupid Macdonalds ticketing systems that take ages to use rather than speaking to a real person.

Pat of the Palace 01-11-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 14486545)
Which brings back memories of a chip shop near Roker Park in 1990. When the lass behind the counter asked who we were supporting and we told her, she asked, “Crystal Palace, where’s that?”

To be fair, anyone who doesn't know much about football wouldn't know. Same for Everton, arsenal, Port Vale etc.

Jim Cannon 01-11-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14486326)
You may want to take a look at this thread if you haven't seen it:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthrea...light=Diabetes

Some useful information in there.

Thanks HH, and to LN1

Tony Montana 01-11-2018 09:04 AM

Do people still eat Macdonalds?

Panther 01-11-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace (Post 14488425)
To be fair, anyone who doesn't know much about football wouldn't know. Same for Everton, arsenal, Port Vale etc.

I would have expected most people to have at least heard of the original Crystal Palace and maybe sort of associated it with London. Anyway I'm not in the mood to be fair to anyone from the N.E., especially after last night...:frown:

thefox 01-11-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 14488442)
Do people still eat Macdonalds?

The worlds biggest restaurant etc.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.