CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 04-10-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 14935023)
People who put sunglasses on the back of their neck when not wearing them .

Golfers?

Maidstoned Eagle 04-10-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14934518)
They have to insist ‘do you mean americano’

To which you will say ‘sure’

They will then say ‘do you want milk with it’

I'd have to answer "No, with blue jeans and chinos please"

Prince Phillip 04-10-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14935041)
I'd have to answer "No, with blue jeans and chinos please"

Delivered 10 mins before kick-off

Slimbloke'H' 04-10-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silks&Tekkers (Post 14934971)
Community Facebook Groups "It may be nothing but I saw a dodgy looking character walking through the car park at 10pm last night" That was just me going to pick up the Mrs you nosey Struggle & GRUNTTTT

Grumble.

Olympian2 04-10-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silks&Tekkers (Post 14934971)
Community Facebook Groups "It may be nothing but I saw a dodgy looking character walking through the car park at 10pm last night" That was just me going to pick up the Mrs you nosey Struggle & GRUNTTTT

Funny you should say that. Our village FB page has pretty much just lynched a lost delivery driver as a child-snatcher.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 04-10-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14935040)
Golfers?

Dunno don't play golf

Maidstoned Eagle 04-10-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 14935061)
Dunno don't play golf

Strange, you struck me as the type.

cappuccinoeagle 04-10-2019 09:37 PM

The middle aged woman on her phone tonight who said “soz” & “tomorra “ like she’s a teenager. Pathetic.

Blind_Eagle 04-10-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcwhite (Post 14934275)
Ubuntu lost its mind with its desktop a few years ago and I switched to Mint. Then Mint dumped KDE so I went to Kubuntu. Much better.

That makes bloody Microsoft look stable. :supergrin:

Blind_Eagle 04-10-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14933756)
That’s why you should spit, not swallow.

Always appreciate honest, from the heart, posts like yours. :)

Purepalace 05-10-2019 12:24 AM

That gum advert with the zombie 'yeah, but I'm kinda hot' girl.

No you aren't.

Selhurst Celtic 05-10-2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14935188)
Always appreciate honest, from the heart, posts like yours. :)

The voice of experience from one so young is truly a rarity in these challenging times.

chateauferret 05-10-2019 01:48 PM

Toiletham Shitespur.

Danny_Cheviot 05-10-2019 04:24 PM

Tiling.

Performing open heart surgery under water is easier than tiling a kitchen.

SA Eagle 05-10-2019 05:15 PM

The phrase 'Early Doors'. **** off!

Stan the man 05-10-2019 05:27 PM

The phrase 'rocked up', for me.

glenn.f 05-10-2019 05:40 PM

Vikki Sparkes' voice and Stephen Fry full stop

cappuccinoeagle 05-10-2019 06:16 PM

Spurs losing to the Tesco Bags

Wayne Andrews is God 06-10-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan the man (Post 14935944)
The phrase 'rocked up', for me.

Yes.

What is wrong with saying ‘turned up’?

Sounds like people think they arrived with an entourage that included 50 Cent.

chrisophiex 06-10-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14936031)
Spurs losing to the Tesco Bags


Great result for our Champions League campaign.

Wayne Andrews is God 06-10-2019 10:52 AM

More of a cringe but a middle aged man calling Zaha: ‘Wilfy’ behind me at West Ham.

Worksop Palace 06-10-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14937677)
More of a cringe but a middle aged man calling Zaha: ‘Wilfy’ behind me at West Ham.

Why is that cringey ? I shouted it several times at the big screen in my local

Old Joe Paxton 06-10-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14937677)
More of a cringe but a middle aged man calling Zaha: ‘Wilfy’ behind me at West Ham.

Bit ageist. Only young people can can say ‘Wilfy’? Or you saying opposite: only old men can call him ‘Wilfy’?

Think they are showing signs of affection for one of Palace’s greatest players no? And - let’s face it - make more modern or matey a frankly rather old fashioned first name (in Britain, i stress). Do you not agree, MFBiasy?

CP-RJW 06-10-2019 12:48 PM

Cockney accents

Wayne Andrews is God 06-10-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 14937742)
Bit ageist. Only young people can can say ‘Wilfy’? Or you saying opposite: only old men can call him ‘Wilfy’?

Think they are showing signs of affection for one of Palace’s greatest players no? And - let’s face it - make more modern or matey a frankly rather old fashioned first name (in Britain, i stress). Do you not agree, MFBiasy?

Nothing to do with age.

Just calling him ‘Wilfy’ made me cringe.

Wayne Andrews is God 06-10-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14937732)
Why is that cringey ? I shouted it several times at the big screen in my local

Because it makes me cringe. Crack on if you like calling him it. It doesn’t need anymore explanation than it makes me cringe. That’s the point of this thread.

RazorsEdge 06-10-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14937813)
Cockney accents

So over rated :)


Mind you in Sheffield they might class you as a Cockney. Even though you are a south london boy, the northerners wouldn't know any difference.

Scoot 06-10-2019 02:54 PM

Bloke in the upper calls wilf will ... annoys the crap outta me

chrisophiex 06-10-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoot (Post 14937934)
Bloke in the upper calls wilf will ... annoys the crap outta me

Didn't Roy use to call Wilf "Will" ?

CP-RJW 06-10-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 14937910)
So over rated :)


Mind you in Sheffield they might class you as a Cockney. Even though you are a south london boy, the northerners wouldn't know any difference.

Yeah you’re right, I have been called cockney a couple of times.

Once by someone who was from Middlesbrough, so I made an effort to call him Geordie for the rest of the night :D

Isle of Wight 06-10-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoot (Post 14937934)
Bloke in the upper calls wilf will ... annoys the crap outta me

Maybe he has no lower lip?

Stellavista 06-10-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14937813)
Cockney accents

And flat caps.

chrisophiex 06-10-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14937892)
Nothing to do with age.

Just calling him ‘Wilfy’ made me cringe.


Why mention he was middle aged ?

Wayne Andrews is God 07-10-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14938145)
Why mention he was middle aged ?

Because it was a characteristic. I would of found it cringey not matter who said it and what age but for different reasons. I’ll investigate why I said it as you asked, I guess it sounded abit odd coming out of a grown man, like a child talking about their pet rabbit.

Im a self aware nob on this matter. I only call players by their surnames so even hearing people call him ‘Wilf’ annoys me, so for me this is next level. Im aware Im very much in the minority and others will take issue.

Coastal Palace 07-10-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14937677)
More of a cringe but a middle aged man calling Zaha: ‘Wilfy’ behind me at West Ham.

Is Wilfy boy aceptable?

Worksop Palace 07-10-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 14938593)
Is Wilfy boy aceptable?

I like ‘go on Wilfy son’ personally. Adds a bit of personality to it. Rather than calling him Zaha, like opposition fans do.

Prince Phillip 07-10-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14938569)
Because it was a characteristic. I would of found it cringey not matter who said it and what age but for different reasons. I’ll investigate why I said it as you asked, I guess it sounded abit odd coming out of a grown man, like a child talking about their pet rabbit.

Im a self aware nob on this matter. I only call players by their surnames so even hearing people call him ‘Wilf’ annoys me, so for me this is next level. Im aware Im very much in the minority and others will take issue.

Dougie is currently scouting Sotiris Papagiannopoulos & Sokratis Papastathopoulos for a double Greek deal, so hold on to your hat.

Coastal Palace 07-10-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 14938598)
Dougie is currently scouting Sotiris Papagiannopoulos & Sokratis Papastathopoulos for a double Greek deal, so hold on to your hat.

:supergrin:

Isle of Wight 07-10-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 14938598)
Dougie is currently scouting Sotiris Papagiannopoulos & Sokratis Papastathopoulos for a double Greek deal, so hold on to your hat.

Would love this :D

Olympian2 07-10-2019 11:16 AM

New work-talk drivel - 'Scrum in a box', 'Agility champions'

Olympian2 07-10-2019 11:21 AM

Pub-quizmasters who give incorrect answers & then proclaim that 'The quizmaster's answers are final' (even when they're clearly wrong)

Herr Colonpharter 07-10-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 14937910)
So over rated :)


Mind you in Sheffield they might class you as a Cockney. Even though you are a south london boy, the northerners wouldn't know any difference.

Fella I work with from Harrogate refers to Sheffield people as cockneys :)

chateauferret 07-10-2019 11:40 AM

Was in a hotel near Carlisle Saturday night.

I knew where the guy was from as soon as he opened his mouth and knew he had to be Palace.

Not just because of his accent but also because of what he said. Which was: "Yessssssss, get in!".

Stellavista 09-10-2019 10:56 AM

'Making new memories..'. Oh, do f*ck off.

Sharkba1t 09-10-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14938718)
Was in a hotel near Carlisle Saturday night.

I knew where the guy was from as soon as he opened his mouth and knew he had to be Palace.

Not just because of his accent but also because of what he said. Which was: "Yessssssss, get in!".

Was he in the room next to you? He might not have been watching football .....:lux:

Maidstoned Eagle 09-10-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14938698)
Pub-quizmasters who give incorrect answers & then proclaim that 'The quizmaster's answers are final' (even when they're clearly wrong)

You lost, didn't you.

Coastal Palace 09-10-2019 12:56 PM

Being told by a quack this morning that I should eat more celery and beetroot.
C*nt.

PALACEWU 09-10-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14940251)
'Making new memories..'. Oh, do f*ck off.

Making new traditions :clown:

Martin H 09-10-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 14940401)
Being told by a quack this morning that I should eat more celery and beetroot. C*nt.

Sounds like both your Grocer and the wife will be happy about that.

wedgetail 09-10-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 14940401)
Being told by a quack this morning that I should eat more celery and beetroot.
C*nt.

Why would he tell you to eat things that aren't food?

Olympian2 09-10-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14940373)
You lost, didn't you.

Yes. By the one bloody point we'd have got had the quizmaster recognised that Mr Good IS one of the Mister Men whose surname begins with G.... :supergrin:

Coastal Palace 09-10-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 14940490)
Why would he tell you to eat things that aren't food?

F*cked if I know.
I told him this morning that I had no wish to prolong my life..unless it's got sugar on it.
It's not so much my diet as it's the smoking that's killing me, apparently.
I'm 55 now which is very young for someone to have a stroke. Apparently.
I've no desire to reach old age, apart from seeing my grandson grow older so it seems like I'm at an impasse somewhere.
I dunno...

strawberry mivi 09-10-2019 02:48 PM

Mr Greedy.
Mr Grumpy.
Mr Gobshite?

Coastal Palace 09-10-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14940505)
Mr Greedy.
Mr Grumpy.
Mr Gobshite?

You left out Mr Miserable.
You c*nt.

Olympian2 09-10-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14940505)
Mr Greedy.
Mr Grumpy.
Mr Gobshite?

Apparently there is both a Mr Grumpy and a Mr Grumble....

strawberry mivi 09-10-2019 03:23 PM

Is there a Mr Growler?
Asking for a friend.

Coastal Palace 09-10-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14940538)
Is there a Mr Growler?
Asking for a friend.

I think we both know the answer to that...

NRM the 2nd 09-10-2019 03:31 PM

Extinction Rebellion. Just screwed up our challenging as it is child pick up/child care arrangements until they decide to go and have a wash. My wife has had her shift patterns changed to suit them and it has royally f##cked us.

Go and protest in a country that doesnt do anything not one that does more than most you jobless, soap dodging parasites.

Maidstoned Eagle 09-10-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14940496)
Yes. By the one bloody point we'd have got had the quizmaster recognised that Mr Good IS one of the Mister Men whose surname begins with G.... :supergrin:

Send this to the cheating ****.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mr._Men

Hedgehog 09-10-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14938698)
Pub-quizmasters who give incorrect answers & then proclaim that 'The quizmaster's answers are final' (even when they're clearly wrong)

Sounds like the Donald Trump of quizmasters...

cappuccinoeagle 09-10-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 14940401)
Being told by a quack this morning that I should eat more celery and beetroot.
C*nt.


Celery & Sweet Beetroot- yuk

chateauferret 09-10-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 14940259)
Was he in the room next to you? He might not have been watching football .....:lux:

He was in the kitchen and he did subsequently profess the correct religion.

Bintang 09-10-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bintang (Post 14924106)
Renewing my passport now involves going to a local agent (appointed by HMG), submitting all required paperwork, and it then being sent off to Liverpool for processing.

3 weeks has past, money has been taken from my credit card, and then I receive an email from HM Passport Office in Liverpool to say the photos were not included. Well I know they were because I have a receipt from their local agent. Can't reply to their email, so means me going back to the agent and giving them more photos to send to Liverpool.

So much for this new system, which I have to pay more for. Bloody annoying.

Finally had to courier new photos to Liverpool myself at an extra cost to myself. Passport came back today after 6 weeks.

Crap system and the passport looks crap as well. A kaleidoscope of colour on each page. Immigration will have fun finding spaces to put their stamp.

Oh it doesn't have European Union on the front, for what that's worth.

big bad John 09-10-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bintang (Post 14940784)
Finally had to courier new photos to Liverpool myself at an extra cost to myself. Passport came back today after 6 weeks.

Crap system and the passport looks crap as well. A kaleidoscope of colour on each page. Immigration will have fun finding spaces to put their stamp.

Oh it doesn't have European Union on the front, for what that's worth.

You do know that a large minority of pre-pensioners in scouseland are now going around with new bus passes and various other free amenities with your name and doctored photo on it. Of all the places in all the world why put a passport office there?

Bintang 09-10-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 14940792)
You do know that a large minority of pre-pensioners in scouseland are now going around with new bus passes and various other free amenities with your name and doctored photo on it. Of all the places in all the world why put a passport office there?

:)

Hedgehog 09-10-2019 08:55 PM

Trying to match the texture coating on a wall after patching a hole using texture in a can.

Devil's spunk....

cappuccinoeagle 09-10-2019 11:49 PM

The anti BBC slant on the BBS

Coastal Palace 10-10-2019 12:23 AM

Not working due to my illness. Bored the shit out of me.
Thank Christ I'm back on Monday.
And I hate what I do too.

Coastal Palace 10-10-2019 12:45 AM

Piers Morgan and Melanie B sat next to eachother and not a lone sniper in sight.

chateauferret 10-10-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bintang (Post 14940784)
Finally had to courier new photos to Liverpool myself at an extra cost to myself. Passport came back today after 6 weeks.

Crap system and the passport looks crap as well. A kaleidoscope of colour on each page. Immigration will have fun finding spaces to put their stamp.

Oh it doesn't have European Union on the front, for what that's worth.

Well it's taken us six weeks so far to pay our car tax and they've just told us we've to wait another four weeks for a logbook before we can pay it and we can't drive the thing in the meantime. At least at the passport office if you need a faster turnaround you have the option of paying for it. These people are total dinosaurs.

If you ran a commercial business like this you'd be toast.

chateauferret 10-10-2019 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14940938)
The anti BBC slant on the BBS

Well there are a few reasons for that.

Lineker = BELLEND
Shearer = BELLEND
Crooks = BELLEND
Wright = BELLEND
Jenas = BELLEND

There are a few others but I think you get the idea.

Worksop Palace 10-10-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14940938)
The anti BBC slant on the BBS

The BBC is a shit stain on the country

Awful organisation

chrisophiex 10-10-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14941011)
The BBC is a shit stain on the country

Awful organisation


Can’t agree there mate. Yes, there’s a shedload of toss on there, but ultimately it provides a fantastic service, especially on Radio.

I think a lot of people would miss it if it disappeared.

cappuccinoeagle 10-10-2019 09:40 PM

Anne Sacoolas

El Aguila 10-10-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14941548)
Anne Sacoolas

I was actually fuming about that this morning.

Fatboy 10-10-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14940556)
Send this to the cheating ****.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mr._Men

I assume Mr Glug has a drinking problem...

Hedgehog 11-10-2019 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14940841)
Trying to match the texture coating on a wall after patching a hole using texture in a can.

Devil's spunk....

This all started out as a 10 to 12mm hole in the drywall. Took me all day yesterday to get a match with the texture coat I was OK with. Today I started to paint the patch... trouble is the paint is a custom colour and is a new can from the original wall paint. Touched up area just did not look right as was slightly lighter than, so decided to paint the whole frigging wall, so another day shot, than tomorrow if everything looks good, I will have to clean up all the masking and put back pictures and fixtures.

Probably should have just stuck a framed picture over the hole in the wall and moved on!

Reps AJ 11-10-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14941011)
The BBC is a shit stain on the country

Awful organisation

On the whole the BBC is bloody amazing, producing a whole range of TV and radio shows that cater to a diverse audience.

However, I do think they've lost their way when it comes to politics and they force themselves to present balance

Reps AJ 11-10-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14941670)
This all started out as a 10 to 12mm hole in the drywall. Took me all day yesterday to get a match with the texture coat I was OK with. Today I started to paint the patch... trouble is the paint is a custom colour and is a new can from the original wall paint. Touched up area just did not look right as was slightly lighter than, so decided to paint the whole frigging wall, so another day shot, than tomorrow if everything looks good, I will have to clean up all the masking and put back pictures and fixtures.

Probably should have just stuck a framed picture over the hole in the wall and moved on!

The only choice you have now is to move house

Maidstoned Eagle 11-10-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 14941698)
The only choice you have now is to move house

Oh god, then we will have months of moaning about "real estate", its representatives, removal men being late and breaking his wifes collection of commemorative Civil War plates.

AddoWolz 11-10-2019 11:56 AM

Super market carparks and the idiots that park so close to you that they can’t get out of their own car without their door hitting your car :veryangry:veryangry
And idiots at mini roundabouts that don’t give way to the right :veryangry

CT_Palace 11-10-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14941797)
Oh god, then we will have months of moaning about "real estate", its representatives, removal men being late and breaking his wifes collection of commemorative Civil War plates.

To be fair to H, that is what this thread is for.

LN1 11-10-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddoWolz (Post 14941847)
Super market carparks and the idiots that park so close to you that they can’t get out of their own car without their door hitting your car :veryangry:veryangry
And idiots at mini roundabouts that don’t give way to the right :veryangry

A while back I had someone park so close to mine they couldn't get out the drivers door and had to climb over in to the passenger seat to get out that door. The stupid thing was there was no-one parked on the other side of him and he could have easily reversed out and parked better!

Today's grumble is car dealers and the usual banging your head against a wall due to the weird logic they use.

Maidstoned Eagle 11-10-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14941994)
To be fair to H, that is what this thread is for.

Has it been changed to "things that make you moan" then?

Hedgehog 11-10-2019 05:12 PM

I'll try and be annoyed in a more upbeat tone going forward...

Maybe I'll change my username to "Pollyanna".

Maidstoned Eagle 11-10-2019 05:28 PM

moan moan moan moan....maybe "Victor Meldrew"? Unless the septics did an American versuion? :)

Hedgehog 11-10-2019 05:45 PM

You have a wonderful day now ME...

The sun is up and the birds are singing, and no palace game this weekend to spoil the mood.

The patched and painted wall looks good this morning, and my wife says it looks fine.

Now where's that happy-face emoji...

Isle of Wight 11-10-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddoWolz (Post 14941847)
Super market carparks and the idiots that park so close to you that they can’t get out of their own car without their door hitting your car :veryangry:veryangry
And idiots at mini roundabouts that don’t give way to the right :veryangry

Half the problem is cars are fatter and bigger than the used to be. I saw a HUGE Audi 4x4 using a space that was sticking out half way across the road. Thought it was bad parking but he/she was right to the wall. It was just so ******* big.

Maidstoned Eagle 11-10-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14942094)
You have a wonderful day now ME...

The sun is up and the birds are singing, and no palace game this weekend to spoil the mood.

The patched and painted wall looks good this morning, and my wife says it looks fine.

Now where's that happy-face emoji...

See, you can do it. :lux::supergrin:

CT_Palace 12-10-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14942419)
See, you can do it. :lux::supergrin:

awwwww. And they all lived happily ever after.

Hedgehog 12-10-2019 01:30 AM

I should add that we went to the bar/restaurant that the old moaning Hedgehog moaned about in the past on this thread due to the fact they have bands playing to next to no customers.

Well the new happy Hedgehog really enjoyed the 3 piece band last night, and was very impressed. There was even a larger crowd (albeit a few appeared to be "with the band").

We were happy to hang around after eating until they finished their set, and applauded them appropriately with enthusiasm, not just to be polite.

My Shepard's Pie was also exceptional... Even the A1 source went well with it as a stand in for the empty HP bottle.

:)

Maidstoned Eagle 12-10-2019 02:04 AM

You go,fella.

bubbs11 12-10-2019 06:10 AM

Went to see ‘Joker’ last night, which is excellent btw, and was irritated by three things during the pre movie entertainment...

1: The noise! Why so bloody loud!?!
2: Shoot em up/blow em up trailers of films. How feckin pointless! These people that make these films need to grow up
3: The condescending voice before the movie begins that tells you to switch your phone off and not talk to the person next to you...GO F**K YOURSELF! I’ve paid nigh on 50 quid for your premium seats and refreshments ....if I want to glance at my phone and have a little quiet tae ta tae with Mrs Bubbs during the film I bloody will do you fascist bastards.

Maidstoned Eagle 12-10-2019 09:09 AM

1. To drown out the inconsiderate arseholes who cant sit and watch a film without discussing it and anything else, with their friends and family.

2. Because theyre good fun and the noise drowns out the inconsiderate arseholes who can't sit and watch a film without having to discuss it, and anything else, with their friends and family.

3. If you can't sit and watch a movie for a couple of hours without looking at faceache or whatsapp and then having a chat about it with your friends and family then I would think eveyone else around you would orefer you did **** off and spend your fifty quid elsewhere. You inconsiderate arse.

little al 12-10-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14942529)
1. To drown out the inconsiderate arseholes who cant sit and watch a film without discussing it and anything else, with their friends and family.

2. Because theyre good fun and the noise drowns out the inconsiderate arseholes who can't sit and watch a film without having to discuss it, and anything else, with their friends and family.

3. If you can't sit and watch a movie for a couple of hours without looking at faceache or whatsapp and then having a chat about it with your friends and family then I would think eveyone else around you would orefer you did **** off and spend your fifty quid elsewhere. You inconsiderate arse.

:p:love:

Worksop Palace 12-10-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14942529)
1. To drown out the inconsiderate arseholes who cant sit and watch a film without discussing it and anything else, with their friends and family.

2. Because theyre good fun and the noise drowns out the inconsiderate arseholes who can't sit and watch a film without having to discuss it, and anything else, with their friends and family.

3. If you can't sit and watch a movie for a couple of hours without looking at faceache or whatsapp and then having a chat about it with your friends and family then I would think eveyone else around you would orefer you did **** off and spend your fifty quid elsewhere. You inconsiderate arse.

Ooooh get her 👜

Maidstoned Eagle 12-10-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14942535)
Ooooh get her 👜

Would you be happy to pay 50 sovs to watch a film, only to have it ruined by some inconsiderate arsehole who cant stop looking at their phone and chatting to their friends and family?

bubbs11 12-10-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14942529)
1. To drown out the inconsiderate arseholes who cant sit and watch a film without discussing it and anything else, with their friends and family.

2. Because theyre good fun and the noise drowns out the inconsiderate arseholes who can't sit and watch a film without having to discuss it, and anything else, with their friends and family.

3. If you can't sit and watch a movie for a couple of hours without looking at faceache or whatsapp and then having a chat about it with your friends and family then I would think eveyone else around you would orefer you did **** off and spend your fifty quid elsewhere. You inconsiderate arse.


Rules are there to be broken you conformist sheep.

bubbs11 12-10-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14942538)
Would you be happy to pay 50 sovs to watch a film, only to have it ruined by some inconsiderate arsehole who cant stop looking at their phone and chatting to their friends and family?

I know it’s tongue in cheek (or at least I hope it is) but how is me glancing at my phone and leaning over to mention something about the film to my Mrs really disturbing someone or even noticeable....unless you’re watching me instead of the screen in which case you have very good taste.

Stockport_Eagle 12-10-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14942542)
I know it’s tongue in cheek (or at least I hope it is) but how is me glancing at my phone and leaning over to mention something about the film to my Mrs really disturbing someone or even noticeable....unless you’re watching me instead of the screen in which case you have very good taste.

To be fair, I don't want distractions, I just want to concentrate on the film for 90-120 minutes.

I truely have no idea what people feel the need to mention during a film. "Please pass me the Popcorn / Fanta" is all I understand a need for. My experience is Mrs Stockport who I can always sense is simply bursting to tell me that the bloke in the leather jacket used to be in Casualty and the girl they've kidnapped is some famous American's daughter who used to date Ronaldo. She knows I'm not interested in the slightest, sometimes she can resist, sometimes not :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.