CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 11:37 AM

Looking back at Tebow.

If any coach can make him into a QB, it's McDaniels. Without doubt, the system can be perfect for him.

Swanny32 23-04-2010 11:41 AM

Bronco's strike me as a bit of a preppy team, McDaniels strikes me as a preppy kind of bloke and so does Tebow, he's a perfect fit.

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 11:45 AM

Agreed.

This CB we drafted, McCourty. Just watched his footage on NFL.com. For a guy just under 5"11, he looks huge. Longest legs i've seen on a CB.

SteveyHawking 23-04-2010 12:02 PM

I'd like to see us go for Allen/Mays next, maybe trade down a bit to get a third round pick. Chris Cook seems a decent CB left so that's an option. A bit of help on the OL with Ducasse or Tennant possible options. I like the look of AJ Edds as well as SAM is something we need to be looking at later. QB, WR & RB to round things out.

oz_da II 23-04-2010 12:04 PM

Very happy with the Packers' acquisition. :p

SteveyHawking 23-04-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Very happy with the Packers' acquisition. :p

No doubt! Bulaga was down as a top ten pick in a fair few of the mock drafts! Him and Bryant are up there for best value picks so far.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 23-04-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
I'd like to see us go for Allen/Mays next, maybe trade down a bit to get a third round pick. Chris Cook seems a decent CB left so that's an option. A bit of help on the OL with Ducasse or Tennant possible options. I like the look of AJ Edds as well as SAM is something we need to be looking at later. QB, WR & RB to round things out.

Interest and I agree about safety next with our 37! Looking at the videos Allen looks the safer bet Mays looks boom or BUST!

What about OL line though. Fat Andy loves those linemen.......Cambpell anyone?

Regarding CB I think a lot of people are forgetting Macho Harris - The rookie last year who played mainly at Safety (wasn't going to beat out either Brown or Samuel) but who is really a CB. Maybe they move him back to CB?

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
No doubt! Bulaga was down as a top ten pick in a fair few of the mock drafts! Him and Bryant are up there for best value picks so far.

Some other value picks:

Dan Williams at #26.
Kyle Wilson at #29.

Both should have gone 10 or so picks earlier.

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Interest and I agree about safety next with our 37! Looking at the videos Allen looks the safer bet Mays looks boom or BUST!

What about OL line though. Fat Andy loves those linemen.......Cambpell anyone?

Regarding CB I think a lot of people are forgetting Macho Harris - The rookie last year who played mainly at Safety (wasn't going to beat out either Brown or Samuel) but who is really a CB. Maybe they move him back to CB?

I don't think the Eagles get a chance to take Campbell.

Oakland must have an erection with him falling into the 2nd.

They are sitting at #39. They could get up to #36 and the Chiefs if they think that is who the Eagles will take.

Rams and Vikings must be sitting pretty. Someone will be looking to trade with each of them. Browns coming up for a QB? Bills coming up for a QB? Though they really need an OT.

Swanny32 23-04-2010 02:03 PM

I too think we'll be looking at either Allen or Mays, got a feeling we'll go with Mays though.

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 02:15 PM

I really don't like Mays now.

Last year I wanted him if he came out as a Junior. But another year at USC really exposed his faults.

Allen wouldn't be a bad pick.

Btw, if you saw the amount of paperwork next to my laptop for this draft, you'd think i'd gone even more insane than I already am.

saxoneagle 23-04-2010 02:21 PM

I still reckon the Pats use one of their second rounders on a QB...

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I still reckon the Pats use one of their second rounders on a QB...

Colt McCoy?

I don't see it. I think Bill likes Hoyer.

Then again, with Bill, who knows.

Swanny32 23-04-2010 02:23 PM

Who did the Pats take last night?

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 02:27 PM

Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

Swanny32 23-04-2010 02:34 PM

Ah right. I always think that you guys are a bit weak at the TE position and don't really have that Dallas Clark, Jason Witten type player that I'm sure Brady would love. Having said that Welker does tend to pick up short passes which I guess almost eliminates the need for a decent receiving TE. Not sure what your lot are like at blocking but maybe you could be looking at a TE in round 3/4??

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 23-04-2010 02:44 PM

Some of the contributors to the Philly website are big on Dexter McCluster the RB from Mississippi!

Hmmmm

jazman 23-04-2010 02:46 PM

Is that Tate & Lyle character a WR?

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 23-04-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Ah right. I always think that you guys are a bit weak at the TE position and don't really have that Dallas Clark, Jason Witten type player that I'm sure Brady would love. Having said that Welker does tend to pick up short passes which I guess almost eliminates the need for a decent receiving TE. Not sure what your lot are like at blocking but maybe you could be looking at a TE in round 3/4??

Wes Welker had a very bad injury at the end of the season. I am not sure he will contribute much if at all this coming season for the Pats; which is a real shame for them as he is without doubt their best weapon on Offence :(

Swanny32 23-04-2010 02:47 PM

Yeah I have read a few things on him and apparently a good player and from what the Eagles site says he can be lined up as a slot receiver as well, I think with a name like that though he is destined to either fail or become an action movie actor!