CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

PeterH 10-10-2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16042508)
Our bank want to charge "up to 20%" commision on a bankers draft we want to pay in after a house sale......but theyre prepared to haggle......haggle...over money we want to pay into our account....**** that and **** them. Thieving *****.

That's a shocker.

Herr Colonpharter 10-10-2021 11:06 AM

Golfers that can't read distances without a digital gizmo (prompted by current view from my hotel)

GorBlimey 10-10-2021 11:25 PM

People who write Amazon reviews that are not reviewing the product but bitch about other things like the delivery.

Giving 1 star to an otherwise excellent product because the delivery driver chucked it over your fence really distorts the results and makes the reviews less relevant.

Eagle's Nest 10-10-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16045331)
People who write Amazon reviews that are not reviewing the product but bitch about other things like the delivery.

Giving 1 star to an otherwise excellent product because the delivery driver chucked it over your fence really distorts the results and makes the reviews less relevant.

When I read reviews, particularly for hotels, the negative ones sometimes reinforce the positive.
Lots of 5 star reviews followed by someone who gives a 1 star because someone didn't smile at them or because a meal wasn't served how it is at home. Easy to disregard and focus on the reasonable.

GorBlimey 10-10-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16045336)
When I read reviews, particularly for hotels, the negative ones sometimes reinforce the positive.
Lots of 5 star reviews followed by someone who gives a 1 star because someone didn't smile at them or because a meal wasn't served how it is at home. Easy to disregard and focus on the reasonable.

Yes, hotel/restaurant reviews are some of the worst.

They give a 1* because they had to wait longer than they expected for their food. Well go to McDonalds if fast food is what you want!!

bubbs11 11-10-2021 06:51 AM

When someone says ‘I’m living my best life’.

Go f*** yourself you c***!

Joe85 11-10-2021 08:21 AM

This weird obsession some of our fans have with selling Wilf.

Martin H 11-10-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16045590)

That phrase really grates. Proper cheesy.

Wayne Andrews is God 11-10-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16043567)
People banging on about OCD when they are no more than above average finicky or meticulous.

OCD is to do with crippling pain, not wanting or doing something a certain way.

Maidstoned Eagle 11-10-2021 10:17 AM

Forgetting my earphones and having to put up to the god awfulmusic played at the gym.

cantspell 11-10-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Happens on book reviews too - review the book not the delivery process.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 11-10-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16045763)
Forgetting my earphones and having to put up to the god awfulmusic played at the gym.

Been there. Shit music in Gyms must be universal. For the life of me I don't know why they bother as I would say 90% of people listen to their own stuff.:confused:

Leopald Stotch 11-10-2021 10:57 AM

People (my mum) who insist that bad things 'come in 3's'.
That's because you're grouping them in 3's!!!

Scroatey 11-10-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16045743)
That phrase really grates. Proper cheesy.

Don't forget, we're all on a 'journey'. Oh piss off!

nicky 11-10-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Im annoyed by people finding a problem then blaming the wrong thing.

Eg above the problem is 100% amazon, for not having separate stars for product quality and vendor performance. And its probably deliberate.

beef 11-10-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scroatey (Post 16045880)
Don't forget, we're all on a 'journey'. Oh piss off!

‘You got this hun’ is a another one. **** off

Hedgehog 11-10-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16045336)

To be fair I sort of blame the 5 star rating system. I wish sites like Trip Advisor would let you write a review without the rating.

I've stayed at a couple of very nice places this year (sorry PeterH), and both were exceptional, but both had very minor things that you could nitpick about and in my mind would prevent them being given 5 stars which would indicate perfection.

The reverse of this is people do nitpick and give 1 or 2 stars for that very reason.

Personally if I go somewhere, it is clean, the people working their are courteous and professional and have a smile on their face, and the location is everything that is advertised... I'm happy, and can look past a few areas that are opportunities for improvement as they say these days.

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express a few years ago, that was pretty new. Very clean (as in new), people working there were great, and breakfast buffet was fine, close to the airport, but... there was a bloody freeway going by right outside the window - noise all night. How would you rate that?

Eagle's Nest 11-10-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16046454)
To be fair I sort of blame the 5 star rating system. I wish sites like Trip Advisor would let you write a review without the rating.

I've stayed at a couple of very nice places this year (sorry PeterH), and both were exceptional, but both had very minor things that you could nitpick about and in my mind would prevent them being given 5 stars which would indicate perfection.

The reverse of this is people do nitpick and give 1 or 2 stars for that very reason.

Personally if I go somewhere, it is clean, the people working their are courteous and professional and have a smile on their face, and the location is everything that is advertised... I'm happy, and can look past a few areas that are opportunities for improvement as they say these days.

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express a few years ago, that was pretty new. Very clean (as in new), people working there were great, and breakfast buffet was fine, close to the airport, but... there was a bloody freeway going by right outside the window - noise all night. How would you rate that?

Were the windows sound proofed?

Hedgehog 11-10-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16046456)
Were the windows sound proofed?

I assume so.

Only hotel I've stayed in where they provide ear plugs on the night stand.

El Aguila 11-10-2021 05:45 PM

Fat tourists on narrow pavements.

big bad John 11-10-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16045590)

People who go all deep after a couple of cocktails and decide they have to ask everyone " so tell me, where do you see yourself in five years time?"
" Probably talking shite on the BBS," is not the sort of answer these amateur psychologists desire. It doesn't quite fascinate them as much as when someone says they'll probably be investing in real estate on the moon or putting the finishing touches to their ninth novel about toxic emissions from the dairy farm.

Wayne Andrews is God 12-10-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 16045783)

It’s just a way of looking at a series of bad things happening in a short space of time, almost a positive way of looking at it to say it was a turn of fate rather than perpetual doom. Also the universe is odd things/matter seem to gravitate together like buses. Ive certainly had times where bad things have all happened at once rather over a longer period, yes we pattern spot but I still think things gravitate together to a certain degree.

Wayne Andrews is God 12-10-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16046454)

A review without a rating cant be put into a data set. Each review would be in isolation rather than en masse to give an overall rating. How do you sort reviews? If you just read the latest you could get a wrong idea of the picture. The rating is there for those who want to quickly scan and find the highlights and lowlights. Even a 3 star review can stick out for it’s balanced opinion. The 3 stars would probably stick out as most probably put 5 or 1.

I think you can rate your hotel by the freeway, as it affected the experience of the hotel so it is a negative that should be considered. Surely you just knock back the stars? Wouldnt the hotel have been better if it wasnt by a freeway?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 12-10-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 16045783)

Ha. Here's another one, after you've found something that you been trying to find... "Oh, it's always in the last place that you look"/ Well of course it is, because once you find it, you stop flipping looking???!!!

Eagle's Nest 12-10-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16046462)
I assume so.

Only hotel I've stayed in where they provide ear plugs on the night stand.

If it's still very noisy you have to rate it so and mention in the write up.

jhc 12-10-2021 11:58 AM

Despite there being no shortage of petrol, all these outlets have taken advantage by putting up fuel prices on the forecourt.

LN1 12-10-2021 11:59 AM

A recent call to my GP who will only accept yes or no answers so you you have to say yes however minor something was, At the the end of the conversation you feel so much worse than you did before if only for the NHS resources that are now being allocated to you!

Bipe 12-10-2021 12:20 PM

People who don't know the difference between your and you're.

The number of emails I get at work which start 'Hi, hope your well'

Hope my well is what, don't leave me hanging? And I haven't even got a ******* well you idiot!!

wedgetail 12-10-2021 12:27 PM

They think that you own a well?

Reps AJ 12-10-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 16047406)

Hope my well is what, don't leave me hanging? And I haven't even got a ******* well you idiot!!

No wonder the well maintenance business has suffered in recent years.

Olympian2 12-10-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

What also bugs me is when they add a question mark, despite it clearly being a statement.

'Hi, hope your/you're* well?'

* Delete as applicable

Fen Eagle 12-10-2021 01:47 PM

You’re having a laugh your not being serious are you ?

Wayne Andrews is God 12-10-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhc (Post 16047379)
Despite there being no shortage of petrol, all these outlets have taken advantage by putting up fuel prices on the forecourt.

There is a shortage logistical movement of petrol, therefore a shortage.

Wayne Andrews is God 12-10-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16047427)
What also bugs me is when they add a question mark, despite it clearly being a statement.

'Hi, hope your/you're* well?'

* Delete as applicable

To expand:
It’s a verbal/literal handshake this sort of greeting, there is a name for it I cant remember but it’s purpose is just to show care and respect, just as when someone says ‘how you doing’ it can be uncalled for to answer with a full depressing tale, it would be about reading the social situation and relationship with the person. It irritates me when people say “oh people say ‘how are you’ and dont mean it, what a horrible world we live in, people have no time’ etc, the statement has a purpose, it’s a pleasantry, a verbal handshake to begin real conversation.

PeterH 12-10-2021 03:43 PM

Good morning,

How are you?

I wonder if I could ask you a favour....

Sharkba1t 12-10-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

There are quite a few people who write "we're" instead of "we'll" as in "we'll be there at......", these clowns say "we're be there at.....".

Worse than that i think are the fkwits who mix up "bought" and "brought".

big bad John 12-10-2021 07:15 PM

All you lot moaning about gramma and virtual hand shakes better make shure you all have your I's crossed and your T's dotted because when WCB shows up were all gonna be facked.

davech 12-10-2021 07:28 PM

My biggest bug-bear is the mis-use of apostrophe's.

Wayne Andrews is God 12-10-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16047677)
All you lot moaning about gramma and virtual hand shakes better make shure you all have your I's crossed and your T's dotted because when WCB shows up were all gonna be facked.

That’s Muphry's law.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 12-10-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16047534)
Good morning,

How are you?

I wonder if I could ask you a favour....

"Can I borrow you?" Erm.... WTF for and what about "please" you crnt.

Direwolf 12-10-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16044922)
Golfers that can't read distances without a digital gizmo (prompted by current view from my hotel)

How do you read a distance without a gizmo? It’s called guessing otherwise isn’t it?

Maidstoned Eagle 12-10-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 16047830)
How do you read a distance without a gizmo? It’s called guessing otherwise isn’t it?

Walking the course, looking at the yardage charts, intuition and experience.

pallet 12-10-2021 10:15 PM

My mad sister and brother in law. Hate racism but being homopobic is ok.

davech 12-10-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 16047830)

Time they banned 'gizmos' and used knowledge, skill and judgement like they used to, as Maidstoned said.

And De Chambeau's ridiculous clubs. Back to skill, swing and timing.

west country boy 12-10-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16047677)
All you lot moaning about grammar and virtual handshakes better make sure you all have your is crossed and your ts dotted because when wcb shows up were all gonna be f~cked.

Are you mistaking me for stevek (cue one or both of the transported Pedros)?

Anyway, the middle class, middle aged, smug metropolitan Guardian is once again boiling my piss to temperatures previously unknown to science. This f~cking heading to an article written by some smug nepotistic c~nt called Candice Carty-Williams in particular:

Quote:

‘I turned against Keisha the Sket for a long time’: Jade LB on returning to her noughties viral story

west country boy 12-10-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16047869)
Time they banned 'gizmos' and used knowledge, skill and judgement like they used to, as Maidstoned said.

Golf should probably be banned as well judging by the BBSers who play the game (you excepted, of course).

davech 12-10-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16047875)
Golf should probably be banned as well judging by the BBSers who play the game (you excepted, of course).

I last 'played' on the Addington Court 9-hole course over 40 years ago (with hired clubs). Does that count? :D

PeterH 12-10-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16047873)
Are you mistaking me for stevek (cue one or both of the transported Pedros)?

Steady tiger. I often make mistakes. Especially when typing fast with my sticky keyboard.

I have the same lack of love for ' as you do.

I don't think there should be an issue with a common grammar or speling error, but more when the post is SOOOO dreadful that you are dealing with a grunt. There is a difference between a slip and someone not even taking the time to make an effort.

PeterH 12-10-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16047883)
I last 'played' on the Addington Court 9-hole course over 40 years ago (with hired clubs). Does that count? :D

I play on that and the 18 every time I am over. My brother's gaff backs on to it.

I either have my other brother's clubs or hire.

I play more in the UK every 6 years than I do here. Now, that is an annoyance.

PeterH 12-10-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16047869)

I read that tournaments both Pro and Amateur have just been given permission to set their own restrictions.

Vendy 12-10-2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16047887)
Steady tiger. I often make mistakes. Especially when typing fast with my sticky keyboard.

I have the same lack of love for ' as you do.

I don't think there should be an issue with a common grammar or speling error, but more when the post is SOOOO dreadful that you are dealing with a grunt. There is a difference between a slip and someone not even taking the time to make an effort.

Sticky keyboard.. FFS there's an image I could do without.

PeterH 12-10-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 16047918)
Sticky keyboard.. FFS there's an image I could do without.

It is just an old laptop now. At least 6 years old Toshiba bought for less than 200 quid in a cyber Monday. Have a much better one. But squeeze the life out of this rather than my penis.

I am not spurting all over my keys ever time I slap Gor Blimey or Bimbo about. Although I get a silly amount of pleasure from that.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 12-10-2021 11:21 PM

Petrol stain queues, for some reason. I don't really understand the concept itself?

GorBlimey 12-10-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16047927)
I am not spurting all over my keys ever time I slap Gor Blimey or Bimbo about. Although I get a silly amount of pleasure from that.

Tell the truth!

You're wanking away like the tosser you are! :D

Maz 12-10-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16047947)
Tell the truth!

You're wanking away like the tosser you are! :D

You’re a real class act.

Timbo 12-10-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16047951)
You’re a real class act.

Except we all know that, in reality, Fatty Pisshead Peter, is usually jacking off in front of his sticky keyboard, except when he is chasing imaginary enemies at the airport or wherever

GorBlimey 12-10-2021 11:43 PM

Oh dear Maz!

You really aren't a class act other than in your own mind!

N.B. no swearing or emoticons!

Maz 12-10-2021 11:46 PM

[
Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16047963)
Oh dear Maz!

You really aren't a class act other than in your own mind!

N.B. no swearing or emoticons!

Jolly well done. Almost makes you look like an adult.

Maidstoned Eagle 13-10-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16047875)

You've never got over being stuck in the windmill at Hastings Crazy Golf, have you? Let it go, Penfold, let it go.

Prince Phillip 13-10-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16048955)
You've never got over being stuck in the windmill at Hastings Crazy Golf, have you? Let it go, Penfold, let it go.

The ball or the bloke?

Maidstoned Eagle 13-10-2021 02:59 PM

The bloke, someone bet him a wine gum and a Wurzels record he couldn't live in it for a week.

west country boy 13-10-2021 03:07 PM

George Monbiot. Wanker.

Walter Wort 13-10-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16049001)
George Monbiot. Wanker.

You've expressed your disdain for him before.

I'm curious to know why you dislike him so much.

I know he's done some bonkers things in his time, but I enjoyed a book he wrote.

El Aguila 13-10-2021 04:46 PM

No doubt some arcane and best ignored yokel dispute over rambling rights to a copse or some such.

Maidstoned Eagle 13-10-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16049177)
No doubt some arcane and best ignored yokel dispute over rambling rights to a copse or some such.

He was the bloke who got Penfold stuck in the windmill

WLYWLYAWYPWF 13-10-2021 06:10 PM

Invisible speed humps camouflaged with the road that despite keeping within the speed limit f*ck my cars suspension dry.

Brett 13-10-2021 06:13 PM

Mercedes-Benz service department.

Joe85 13-10-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 16049541)
Mercedes-Benz service department.

Where's SC when you need him...

west country boy 13-10-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Wort (Post 16049116)
You've expressed your disdain for him before.

I'm curious to know why you dislike him so much.

I know he's done some bonkers things in his time, but I enjoyed a book he wrote.

His smug over-privileged f~cking face. He's the yin to George f~cking Osborne's yang. Also he wrote some nonsense a couple of weeks ago saying that homeopathy (and green politics) was a left-wing thing, but then said they're not really but they are for members of the "counter-culture" like him. Imagine my surprise when I saw that this article was not open for comments.

Hedgehog 13-10-2021 07:11 PM

Getting your nose sun burnt in October!

Rode my bike yesterday down by the the sea. Sky was a watery blue and hazzy, but there was quite a wind blowing - mild temperature.

Took a look in the mirror last night and my nose is very red and have raccoon eyes from my sunglasses.

Rookie mistake!

PeterH 13-10-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 16047960)
Except we all know that, in reality, Fatty Pisshead Peter, is usually jacking off in front of his sticky keyboard, except when he is chasing imaginary enemies at the airport or wherever

Bless, you and Gorblimey Internet fwends. Please don't sacrifice him like you did Skint, you coward.

Do you both want your arses handed to you again on here...

I wouldn't poke this particular stick, or I will make you both have gammony tantrums again.

There is the little warning for you. Up to you both if you are stupid enough not to heed it.

I think I have covered myself for Les, and the little band of happy BBSers that worry about nastiness..

:vader:

PeterH 13-10-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16049564)
this article is not open for comments.

THIS

Just gives obnoxious arseholes the chance to splurt absolute bollox without being brave enough to take any critique on what they write.

Usually applies a lot to football journalists that have been made to cry a couple of times. Which is why we have to rely on one of our own - SP, for example - to take them to task publicly.

Walter Wort 13-10-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16049564)
His smug over-privileged f~cking face. He's the yin to George f~cking Osborne's yang. Also he wrote some nonsense a couple of weeks ago saying that homeopathy (and green politics) was a left-wing thing, but then said they're not really but they are for members of the "counter-culture" like him. Imagine my surprise when I saw that this article was not open for comments.

And I guess that's just scratching the surface!

GorBlimey 13-10-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16049577)
Bless, you and Gorblimey Internet fwends. Please don't sacrifice him like you did Skint, you coward.

I wouldn't poke this particular stick, or I will make you both have gammony tantrums again.

There is the little warning for you. Up to you both if you are stupid enough not to heed it.

I think I have covered myself for Les, and the little band of happy BBSers that worry about nastiness..

F*ck me, your're a complete and utter wanker.

You should be ashamed of yourself - a supposedly grown man! :jerkit:

west country boy 13-10-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Wort (Post 16049669)
And I guess that's just scratching the surface!

Yeah, sorry for the rant. Glad you enjoyed the book though!

Maz 14-10-2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16049686)
You should be ashamed of yourself - a supposedly grown man! :jerkit:

http://www.texassharon.com/wp-conten...ony-alert.jpeg

GorBlimey 14-10-2021 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16049737)

Tosspot wanker alert Maz!

F*ck me, you don't help yourself do you? :D

PeterH 14-10-2021 04:01 AM

Wight Flight - Everyone can see you embarrassing yourself everytime you barf on the BBS,

We don't need to add anymore.

Timbo 14-10-2021 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16049577)

PeterHooligan

I'm quaking!! :jerkit:

CK 14-10-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16047883)

I played there about the same time and that was about my level:p

Thought I'd progress and bought a set of clubs. Didn't happen. The clubs are a museum piece still in the attic:)

in-exile 14-10-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 16049761)
PeterHooligan

Kick him in his penis piercings Timbo! :D

PeterH 14-10-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 16049761)
PeterHooligan

Was I physically threatening you?

You and Gor Blimey decided to jump on one of my posts as retribution for my past sins against you both - and reopen the squabble - true or not?

It's simple, do you want to continue - or should we leave it for now?

PeterH 14-10-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16050342)
Kick him in his penis piercings Timbo! :D

They would have to be small piercings. About the same size Bimbo has in his brain.

Herr Colonpharter 14-10-2021 03:49 PM

IBERIA AIRLINES . . . would be easier scaling everest on one leg with a bucket over your head than trying to cancel a flight :veryangry

Dave McGregor 14-10-2021 04:55 PM

Rob Beckett - irritating as hell especially when he's being interviewed by Zoe Ball.

GorBlimey 14-10-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16049759)
Wight Flight - Everyone can see you embarrassing yourself everytime you barf on the BBS,

We don't need to add anymore.

"Wight Flight"

You can't even f*cking spell and you teach English! :D

PeterH 14-10-2021 07:13 PM

My wife throwing stuff about.

We had the grandkids for the weekend, well until Tuesday.

Yesterday, she had a day in bed to recover. LOL. I did all the jobs, cooked, washed up, garden, animals, served her various things in bed. Plus, took 5 classes.

She told me tht she was rising early today ready to go..

Again, I had classes, walked the dogs, did gardening, some shopping etc.. She has decided to do some spring cleaning, but it is not without fecking tantrums.

I think she needs professional help.

Here's me, walking on eggshells again.

Doesn't help that our daughter is having relationship problems, one son seems to be slipping into alcoholism, and the other is back on the coke. They are mid 30s FFS.

PeterH 14-10-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16050886)
"Wight Flight"

You can't even f*cking spell and you teach English! :D

Yep, you got me there, twinkle.

Glad to see you have come around to accepting the term.

GorBlimey 14-10-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16050934)
Yep, you got me there, twinkle.

Glad to see you have come around to accepting the term.

You don't live in England so your "White Flight" has been a lot further than mine and in any event, it's racist terminology so a further poor show from you.

PeterH 14-10-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16050965)
You don't live in England so your "White Flight" has been a lot further than mine and in any event, it's racist terminology so a further poor show from you.

I'm married to a part Indian.

How is it racist terminology?

Maz 14-10-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16050969)

Er, it's not.

Unless you have a certificate.

pallet 14-10-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Is part Indian some sort distance Chilean tribe?

Timbo 14-10-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16050654)
They would have to be small piercings. About the same size Bimbo has in his brain.

Gawd.....You get more pathetic every post :S:

Martin H 14-10-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

I really want to ask 'which part?' I know it makes no sense and I am sure it will be against some sort of rule but it's so tempting...... Nah, can't do it.

west country boy 14-10-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16050996)
I really want to ask 'which part?' I know it makes no sense and I am sure it will be against some sort of rule but it's so tempting...... Nah, can't do it.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dc/13...a1df5ba72f.jpg

PeterH 14-10-2021 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16050984)
Is part Indian some sort distance Chilean tribe?

Yep. A fairly high % here class themselves as 'original peoples'. Although the vast majority are really mixed.

The tales of the extinct or just about extinct tribes from Tierra Del Fuego are interesting and very sad. The Scots (and other Brits - but mainly Scots) used to get paid to bounty hunt their heads. Sheep farming, init. Same as Australia and New Zealand I imagine. The Yagan and Selkirk peoples. A few of them were taken to the UK as a curiosity in Victorian times. One of them was called Mr Button. He had a bit of a life of it, and when he returned he took off his clothes and went back to his former lifestyle.

The existing peoples include Rapa Nui, Atacama, Aymara, and the largest group the Mapuche - the later have their great war leader Lautaro as the club badge of Colo Colo - the most popular football team here.

It's hard to tell, but I would suggest that as many as 50% of people identify in some way with Mapuche culture and heritage.

There is a great issue here n the South. Indigenous land protests have become mixed up with terrorism, and a lot of it covers up narcos. There are people with farms or cabins in the area that end up getting burnt alive.

Usually it is very difficult to understand the real picture. It is very difficult not to be affected by bias on the issue.

Anyhoo, my wife is part Indian on her mother's side. The same as Gor Blimey is part gammon on whichever side you look.

PeterH 14-10-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16050996)

The part that might cut out my heart and eat it if I don't let her have her temper tantrums in peace.

I am going to test the waters..

GorBlimey 14-10-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Using the word "white" is inherently racist to describe people leaving an area.

It implies that people are moving on for racial reasons rather than simply wanting to live somewhere else.

Then you compound it with the pathetic excuse that you can't be racist because you married a "part Indian".

Annoying.

GorBlimey 14-10-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16050978)
Er, it's not.

Unless you have a certificate.

I guess you have one Maz. University?

El Aguila 14-10-2021 08:16 PM

The lovely Virginia is very much Peter’s better half.