CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Joe85 16-10-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16053096)
That just puts you in a bad light.

I am happy to accept that you are better than most of the participating BBS, despite clear evidence to the contrary.

Yeh, whatever Peter.

I’m not interested in slagging people off about it, but Blind’s post, and indeed all the other carbon copies, contributed to derailing the very topic they were bemoaning having been derailed.

Personally, I don’t care what people discuss on a given thread. I don’t seek to be ‘better’ or worse than anyone.

Malarkey 16-10-2021 03:56 PM

"Salt Bae"

The way "Salt Bae" seasons the steaks in his restaurant

"Bobby dazzler"

beef 16-10-2021 04:37 PM

I keep seeing references to this salt boy. No idea who he’s supposed to be

Joe85 16-10-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 16053151)

Some sort of hypnotist, I think.

Tricks wankers into paying stupid money for food.

gcwhite 16-10-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 16053105)
"Salt Bae"

The way "Salt Bae" seasons the steaks in his restaurant

"Bobby dazzler"

In the words of the song this means nothing to me.

Terrace Bickle 16-10-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16053152)
Some sort of hypnotist, I think.

Tricks wankers into paying stupid money for food.

Footballers paying £850 for steak covered in gold leaf and £30k for diamonte encrusted toy cars for their children (Wilf included), words fail me.

Hedgehog 16-10-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16052562)
Podcast and you tube channels that decide to make content "patreon only" .

Along similar lines the way some streaming channels try and get you to sign up for their "Premium" service just so you can watch an old series from 2013.

west country boy 16-10-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcwhite (Post 16053156)
In the words of the song this means nothing to me.

He is a Turkish bellend with a plastic face. Footballers and other idiots love him.

davech 16-10-2021 06:37 PM

"Social Influencers"

stevek 16-10-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpalace (Post 16052627)
‘Climate matters’ pre dates either. I remember reading and using the term over two decades ago when studying geography. When used then it didn’t mean ‘the climate does matter’ as a call to action; it meant ‘discuss all things climate related here’.

'Every Child Matters' dates from 2003 so may have been first

PeterH 16-10-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16053100)
Yeh, whatever Peter.

I’m not interested in slagging people off about it, but Blind’s post, and indeed all the other carbon copies, contributed to derailing the very topic they were bemoaning having been derailed.

Personally, I don’t care what people discuss on a given thread. I don’t seek to be ‘better’ or worse than anyone.

Why comment then?

And you did make out that you were better in your use of You instead of We.

You shouldn't expect to slag off other posters and not get called up on it.

And now you dismiss it with a 'whatever'...that makes your postings a waste of space. TBH

Just own it.

Maz 16-10-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 16053327)
'Every Child Matters' dates from 2003 so may have been first

It lacks the double meaning though.

Joe85 16-10-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16053334)
Why comment then?

And you did make out that you were better in your use of You instead of We.

You shouldn't expect to slag off other posters and not get called up on it.

And now you dismiss it with a 'whatever'...that makes your postings a waste of space. TBH

Just own it.

It doesn’t really; I’m just not interested I arguing with you about it, Peter. I know I’m right and I could care less if it upsets you and your mates.

Why did I comment? Because it’s boring. Blind made the exact same point 20 people made before him. Derailing a thread by endlessly moaning about a thread being derailed.

Happy to own it. Blind was as bad as anyone.

PeterH 16-10-2021 08:01 PM

But you aren't right.

You chose to target perhaps the most apolitical poster on here.

And your targeting was more pointless than all those 20 posters that you criticise.

Crawling up your own arse, doesn't make you any more correct.

I see it as you having wo choices. Owning it or putting me on ignore. I have been here 21 years, I can follow you around like a dtray dog sniffing your arse.

Joe85 16-10-2021 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16053364)
But you aren't right.

You chose to target perhaps the most apolitical poster on here.

Crawling up your own arse, doesn't make you any more correct.

I see it as you having wo choices. Owning it or putting me on ignore. I have been here 21 years, I can follow you around like a dtray dog sniffing your arse.

See it how you like. Perhaps I can send you a little badge with 21 on it to make you feel better?

Whether blind is apolitical or not is irrelevant. I never mentioned his politics, and it doesn’t give him immunity from criticism.

Follow me, by all means.

PeterH 16-10-2021 08:14 PM

Can you send me that badge. Make it 22, that will happen by the time it gets here.

Just send it to Peter Pissflaps, Chile. It will find me.

Remember you promised, so I will be calling you on it.

Blind didn't merit any criticism. But it is good to know that you have appointed yourself as the poster to hand it out.

mte103 16-10-2021 08:24 PM

Ducked into this thread, skimmed some kind of argument between people and in trying to skip past it accidentally read "could care less".

"Could care less" doesn't make any sense whatsoever and it's a thing that annoys me.

Joe85 16-10-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16053369)
Can you send me that badge. Make it 22, that will happen by the time it gets here.

Just send it to Peter Pissflaps, Chile. It will find me.

Remember you promised, so I will be calling you on it.

Blind didn't merit any criticism. But it is good to know that you have appointed yourself as the poster to hand it out.

Whilst it’s a relief to know that you’re the self appointed arbiter of BBS criticism, on this occasion I think the celebrity of 21 years has clouded your judgement.

PeterH 16-10-2021 08:27 PM

Shall I use my 'Whatever' Get Out of Jail Free card now? Or save it until later.

Joe is strange name for a teenage black girl with her palm up, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

I think it's a good look on you, though.

Little Fozzie 16-10-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16053100)

Agreed. There are more posts on that thread complaining about 'the state of the bbs' than there are actual shit posts worth moaning about.

Malarkey 16-10-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 16053151)

I didn't know either but then found out and wish I hadn't

Nostrils 16-10-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mte103 (Post 16053385)
Ducked into this thread, skimmed some kind of argument between people and in trying to skip past it accidentally read "could care less".

"Could care less" doesn't make any sense whatsoever and it's a thing that annoys me.

I think, maybe, Americans mainly say that, I guess with an unspoken meaning of 'I could care less, but I doubt it'.

I couldn't care less is what makes sense, but growing up I think people said I couldn't care a less, which is even stranger.

As you were :D

Joe85 16-10-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16053392)
Shall I use my 'Whatever' Get Out of Jail Free card now? Or save it until later.

Joe is strange name for a teenage black girl with her palm up, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

I think it's a good look on you, though.

Whatevs. Although I thought your “get out of jail free card” was booze?

PeterH 16-10-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16053409)
Whatevs. Although I thought your “get out of jail free card” was booze?

I don't drink that much. You see, that is another BBS cliche. 2 glasses of beer and a half bottle of wine since Sunday.

Anyhoo it has been fun. Off to walk the dogs.

Joe85 16-10-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16053422)
I don't drink that much. You see, that is another BBS cliche. 2 glasses of beer and a half bottle of wine since Sunday.

Anyhoo it has been fun. Off to walk the dogs.

Love you.

CP-RJW 16-10-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16053406)
I think, maybe, Americans mainly say that, I guess with an unspoken meaning of 'I could care less, but I doubt it'.

I couldn't care less is what makes sense, but growing up I think people said I couldn't care a less, which is even stranger.

Did you grow up in little Italy?

PeterH 16-10-2021 09:05 PM

Hugs. Woof Woof.

Hedgehog 16-10-2021 09:22 PM

Things that annoy you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16053406)

First time I heard this one of my bosses said something like, "Talk to someone who could care less".

It just sounded wrong, and I though he may have got it wrong, but I started to hear other people say it.

It sort of does my head in, but I believe your interpretation is correct... just seems a very odd way to say it if you ask me. It seems like a sort of double negative.

Nostrils 16-10-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16053436)
First time I heard this one of my bosses said something like, "Talk to someone who could care less".

It just sounded wrong, and I though he may have got it wrong, but I started to hear other people say it.

It sort of dose my head in, but I believe your interpretation is correct... just seems a very odd way to say it if you ask me. It seems like a sort of double negative.

Yeah, it's an interesting way to phrase it.

Nostrils 16-10-2021 09:27 PM

Also, your boss sounds like he was a right tosser :supergrin:

Hedgehog 16-10-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16053438)
Also, your boss sounds like he was a right tosser :supergrin:

Old school grump. He was the big boss, not my direct boss. Ruthless business man, but made the company a lot of money.

Quite dead for a few years now.

Nostrils 16-10-2021 09:45 PM

RiP

LN1 16-10-2021 09:49 PM

In Morrisons this evening and overheard a young lady bemoaning to her friend about having to produce I.D. to buy alcohol. 'I go to University, do they think I'm fourteen or something?'.

Firstly it's 18 years and you could easily pass for younger.

Secondly you don't have 'I go to university' stamped on your forehead.

Thirdly you're acting like a fourteen year old.

lastly stop moaning, you'll get older very quickly enjoy being thought of as under 18 for time being.

Yours sincerely an old fogey

Hedgehog 16-10-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16053448)
RiP

Ask someone who could care less! [emoji106]

Reps AJ 16-10-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16053451)
In Morrisons this evening and overheard a young lady bemoaning to her friend about having to produce I.D. to buy alcohol. 'I go to University, do they think I'm fourteen or something?'.

lastly stop moaning, you'll get older very quickly enjoy being thought of as under 18 for time being.

:lux:

Hedgehog 16-10-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

She better not visit the US anytime soon then. People get carded well into their 30’s and beyond.

Hell, at the airport here they card everyone at the bars regardless, including me!

ozzieEagle 17-10-2021 12:09 AM

Quote:

The rule in Aus is 18, however, they have chalk written local signs saying if you look 25 you'll still be carded. Which is the way our "responsible serving of alcohol courses" describe at what age people should be asked to show ID.

N Herts Eagle 17-10-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Reminds me barbershops offering pensioner discounts. Great i can save money on a haircut except one small issue i am totally bald. Whats the point of these discounts.

Isle of Wight 17-10-2021 12:46 AM

Clackers at Leicester. I’m glad they beat the wankers but that horrible noise like playing cards pegged to your front fork. Tossers

Jim Cannon 17-10-2021 01:05 AM

The Peroni advert with the barman showing off and everyone dancing. Just feck right off

joyce the voice 17-10-2021 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16053581)
Clackers at Leicester. I’m glad they beat the wankers but that horrible noise like playing cards pegged to your front fork. Tossers

I agree. It's not Blackpool in the 1950s for god's sake.

big bad John 17-10-2021 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 16053574)
The rule in Aus is 18, however, they have chalk written local signs saying if you look 25 you'll still be carded. Which is the way our "responsible serving of alcohol courses" describe at what age people should be asked to show ID.

I was in a place called Nantucket, near Cape Cod last summer and a few of the bars had signs saying, "sorry no one under 25." This was due to nearly all the rich kids spending $250 on near perfect ID's. Doormen and cops alike were fooled by them. Not sure if this is legal, but that's what the bar owners had to resort to.
If I buy any alcohol from my local supermarket I have to first show ID. Annoying at first, and I've had the usual 'common sense ain't common' arguments with them, but eventually you just do it, knowing you can go home and bitch about it on the good old BBS.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 17-10-2021 02:09 AM

I had a transit at LA a few years back. First time in America. Went to an airport bar and ordered an exotic looking bottle of beer. Asked for ID . " Do I look under 18?" . "it's 21 here" "O.K do I look u21?" "Sorry its the law" Shows an ID. Bloke sitting next to me says "Why does he have to show ID for an non alocholic beer ? "

Not sure what I was annoyed about the most.

CT_Palace 17-10-2021 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16053594)
I was in a place called Nantucket, near Cape Cod last summer and a few of the bars had signs saying, "sorry no one under 25." This was due to nearly all the rich kids spending $250 on near perfect ID's. Doormen and cops alike were fooled by them. Not sure if this is legal, but that's what the bar owners had to resort to.
If I buy any alcohol from my local supermarket I have to first show ID. Annoying at first, and I've had the usual 'common sense ain't common' arguments with them, but eventually you just do it, knowing you can go home and bitch about it on the good old BBS.

They just brought the ID rule in in Chile. Reminded me of the same absurdity I first encountered in the US.

big bad John 17-10-2021 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16053602)
They just brought the ID rule in in Chile. Reminded me of the same absurdity I first encountered in the US.

I'm sure your neighbour :) isn't going to take this one lying down.

beef 17-10-2021 01:59 PM

The defence of Steve Bruce. He’s out of his depth if Newcastle have any ambition and it’s only a matter of time before he gets his payout. He’s not a bad manager but not sure why he’s being made out to be some sort of martyr

exiledeagle1 17-10-2021 05:44 PM

When people, especially on TV, start a sentence with " Listen ..."

palacemetros 17-10-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16053597)
I had a transit at LA a few years back. First time in America. Went to an airport bar and ordered an exotic looking bottle of beer. Asked for ID . " Do I look under 18?" . "it's 21 here" "O.K do I look u21?" "Sorry its the law" Shows an ID. Bloke sitting next to me says "Why does he have to show ID for an non alocholic beer ? "

Not sure what I was annoyed about the most.

:D

T.C. 17-10-2021 06:41 PM

Why isn't added time at football shown o the stadium clock?

Really irritating

CP-RJW 17-10-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 16054494)
The defence of Steve Bruce. He’s out of his depth if Newcastle have any ambition and it’s only a matter of time before he gets his payout. He’s not a bad manager but not sure why he’s being made out to be some sort of martyr

I think Bruce is a bad manager at this level, personally. Ever since Hull really, I don't see what he's achieved to be rated as Prem calibre.

Mr Mojo Risin 17-10-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 16054494)

Normally I would have sympathy for a manager in Bruce’s position but I’m capable of holding a 20 year grudge so if he wants to move on to bigger and better things (such as Birmingham apparently) then he can’t complain when the same thing happens to him.

Reps AJ 17-10-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 16054898)
Normally I would have sympathy for a manager in Bruce’s position but I’m capable of holding a 20 year grudge so if he wants to move on to bigger and better things (such as Birmingham apparently) then he can’t complain when the same thing happens to him.

:p

in-exile 17-10-2021 10:46 PM

Dog owners who feel no need to pick up their dog shit on country paths!

in-exile 17-10-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 16054869)
I think Bruce is a bad manager at this level, personally. Ever since Hull really, I don't see what he's achieved to be rated as Prem calibre.

Yep..

Reps AJ 17-10-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16055024)
Dog owners who feel no need to pick up their dog shit on country paths!

No need for the last three words.

JJ 18-10-2021 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiledeagle1 (Post 16054769)

Down here it's more frequently "Look..."

Pidster 18-10-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 16055107)
Down here it's more frequently "Look..."

isn't it "Aaah, look"?

art malice 18-10-2021 11:29 AM

Attention-seekers ‘who go x, y and z shit happened to me today. How’s your day going?’

As if they give a fvck

Olympian2 18-10-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16055195)
isn't it "Aaah, look"?

or 'Yeah, no...'

KYLIE MINEAGLE 18-10-2021 11:48 AM

'' Yeah ,no, but"

Richard 18-10-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 16054898)

My understanding was that Bruce was more frustrated with the environment in which he was working at Palace than initially attracted by the Birmingham offer - i.e. the push factor (away from Palace) was bigger than the pull factor (from Birmingham).

I rated him quite highly as as manager for us, and I do feel sorry for him in the current circumstances. Is he a top top level manager ? Probably not, but he is a reasonable manager who has operated under very difficult circumstances up until now at Newcastle without complaining. For their fans to turn on him in the way have is just symptomatic of their new, and unjust, sense of entitlement. And he's only human, after all - he's managing his hometown club, and yet knows he will get chopped sooner or later - that's a horrible environment to work under. That is why I have sympathy with him.

Another Oxted Eagle 18-10-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 16055241)
My understanding was that Bruce was more frustrated with the environment in which he was working at Palace than initially attracted by the Birmingham offer - i.e. the push factor (away from Palace) was bigger than the pull factor (from Birmingham).

I rated him quite highly as as manager for us, and I do feel sorry for him in the current circumstances. Is he a top top level manager ? Probably not, but he is a reasonable manager who has operated under very difficult circumstances up until now at Newcastle without complaining. For their fans to turn on him in the way have is just symptomatic of their new, and unjust, sense of entitlement. And he's only human, after all - he's managing his hometown club, and yet knows he will get chopped sooner or later - that's a horrible environment to work under. That is why I have sympathy with him.

Those very same thoughts have been crossing my mind for a few weeks. We played some lovely football under him but I can imagine it was difficult working under Simon Jordan especially while he was finding his feet as a chairman.

0.bj 18-10-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

The limerick started well but tailed off a bit…

Herr Colonpharter 18-10-2021 02:04 PM

General reaction from the bunch of stupids I was propping up the bar with last week having now told them I tested positive for COVID who assume all is OK cos they feel OK . . . . err go test yourselves ffs! :hmph:

PeterH 18-10-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiledeagle1 (Post 16054769)

Maybe they got it from Avi in Zelda Ocarine of Time.

PeterH 18-10-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 16053576)
Reminds me barbershops offering pensioner discounts. Great i can save money on a haircut except one small issue i am totally bald. Whats the point of these discounts.

They can give you a buff and shine. PV style.

sirdougie 18-10-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle (Post 16055272)
Those very same thoughts have been crossing my mind for a few weeks. We played some lovely football under him but I can imagine it was difficult working under Simon Jordan especially while he was finding his feet as a chairman.

The Kirovski - Freedman - Morrison front three under Bruce were prolific.

PeterH 18-10-2021 03:33 PM

I think Bruce has done a good Roy type job at Newcastle.

CP-RJW 18-10-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16055387)
I think Bruce has done a good Roy type job at Newcastle.

He’s taken a better squad than Benitez had, yet made them slightly worse. Not to say that I’d expect Bruce to be as good as a manager like Benitez, but I don’t think matching the previous managers results when you have better players is a big ask. It’s what I’d expect of Vieira this season at bare minimum.

He certainly doesn’t deserve to be compared to Roy.

big bad John 18-10-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0.bj (Post 16055301)
The limerick started well but tailed off a bit…

:)

big bad John 18-10-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16055327)
General reaction from the bunch of stupids I was propping up the bar with last week having now told them I tested positive for COVID who assume all is OK cos they feel OK . . . . err go test yourselves ffs! :hmph:

Meanwhile the Dynamo Dresden web site is being lit up by annoyed fans who are complaining about the Brit who they were drinking with last week who gave them Co-Vid.

Herr Colonpharter 18-10-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16055441)
Meanwhile the Dynamo Dresden web site is being lit up by annoyed fans who are complaining about the Brit who they were drinking with last week who gave them Co-Vid.

lol! Most Dynamo fans think they are indestructible (well the ones on You Tube anyway)

SgtStryker 18-10-2021 06:36 PM

Fireworks, start earlier every year. Getting so bad my dog refuses to come out from under the Christmas tree��

Terrace Bickle 18-10-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 16055504)
Fireworks, start earlier every year. Getting so bad my dog refuses to come out from under the Christmas tree��

[emoji16] I couldn't believe my ears when I heard a ******* Christmas radio advert 2 weeks ago! They'll start in August before too long. On the bright side the usual suspects don't appear to have obtained any fireworks yet.

SKATE 18-10-2021 11:11 PM

Conceding in the last ducking minute!

chrisophiex 18-10-2021 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKATE (Post 16056844)
Conceding in the last ducking minute!

Which week ?

Sick Bucket 18-10-2021 11:58 PM

Dicking around with buffering streams all bloody night when I just want to sit down with a beer after a hard days work and watch the game.

Conceding in the last minute. I was of course stuck for ages on 94.10 corner to Arsenal

PeterH 19-10-2021 03:49 AM

I had a 4 hr power cut starting 39 minutes before game time. How about that for timing.

Means I was happier with the draw than most.

CT_Palace 19-10-2021 04:10 AM

The smell of burning rubber and the ******* cop chopper buzzing around for hours.

Hedgehog 19-10-2021 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16057399)
The smell of burning rubber and the ******* cop chopper buzzing around for hours.

That sounds ominous!

KYLIE MINEAGLE 19-10-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 16055504)

:D You forgot hallowen

Prince Phillip 19-10-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 16055823)
[emoji16] I couldn't believe my ears when I heard a ******* Christmas radio advert 2 weeks ago! They'll start in August before too long. On the bright side the usual suspects don't appear to have obtained any fireworks yet.

We could've found the first ever Brexit advantage if there's some sort of import and supply issues relating to fireworks.

in-exile 19-10-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16057399)

Pete H out flashing the locals in the full rubber gimp suit again? :rolleyes:

PALACEWU 19-10-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16058494)

With his bottle of Baileys :love:

cranesparkeagle 19-10-2021 01:41 PM

Electric toothbrushes that wont charge up :grrr:

cranesparkeagle 19-10-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 16055241)

The only part of your comment iI disagree with is that the Newcastle fans sense of entitlement is in anyway new. I think I date it back to the Kevin Keegan era. Lets face it, Since Shearer retired they've been rubbish

PeterH 19-10-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16058494)

Sigh

PeterH 19-10-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16057826)
That sounds ominous!

There is a story worth telling here....

....but not many on the BBS are the least bit interested. Maybe time to resurrect LNC.

Hedgehog 19-10-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16058725)
There is a story worth telling here....

....but not many on the BBS are the least bit interested. Maybe time to resurrect LNC.

Unfortunately there is only a few of us left from them days.

Most of the "yoot" have grown up, got careers, got married and had kids...

beef 19-10-2021 09:31 PM

Panic buying toys. I thought it was just tabloid nonsense but I know people who’ve been filling their houses with plastic shit in case it runs out before Christmas. I understand people being worried about food running out but plastic toys?

CT_Palace 19-10-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16059126)
Unfortunately there is only a few of us left from them days.

Most of the "yoot" have grown up, got careers, got married and had kids...

Are you implying that the rest of us haven't grown up? (or maybe the opposite - the old age and mental faculties thing?)

Hedgehog 19-10-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16059161)
Are you implying that the rest of us haven't grown up? (or maybe the opposite - the old age and mental faculties thing?)

:D Personally I was already on the downside of of the bell curve in that regard...

As for Peter Pan - I mean PeterH... :rolleyes:

PeterH 20-10-2021 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16059161)

Begs the question as to what is so special about 'growing up'....and the cliched come back on the BBS of supposedly being 'grown men'.

All of us have spent most of our lives worrying about ungrown Men (for the most part) not kicking a football very well (for the most part).

Will our last words be..'I am so glad I grew up and took life seriously'...'it really made a fecking difference'.

IMO all 'grown up' serious people tend to be utter c nuts that spend their lives damaging other people.

PeterH 20-10-2021 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16059222)
:D Personally I was already on the downside of of the bell curve in that regard...

As for Peter Pan - I mean PeterH... :rolleyes:

Not sure whst the Peter Pan reference is supposed to mean. Unless you are tinkling my Bell.

Hedgehog 20-10-2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16059297)
Not sure whst the Peter Pan reference is supposed to mean. Unless you are tinkling my Bell.

Just puling your hook captain... :p

I was just indicating that the remaining LNC gang are forever young like Peter Pan, including your good self.

Edit: Which ties in with your post above I guess!

ozzieEagle 20-10-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Getting a beer in a bottle shop (Off licence) in the Northern Territory is really interesting. Not only do they have a security guard, but they also have police on the door at times. Then when you get to the cashier they ask for your photographic licence ID and record it..... That's what happened to us and everyone in a major supermarket in Alice Springs a couple of years back.

Then on another day same supermarket one of the local indigenous people offered my wife 50 dollars to buy him half a dozen beers. She declined, it's apparently over 5,000 AUD fine if you get caught supplying drinks to people that are banned from drinking up there and potentially a 6 month jail term.

Maz 20-10-2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16059296)
'.
IMO all 'grown up' serious people tend to be utter c nuts that spend their lives damaging other people.

Yet another breathtakingly broad and absurd generalisation which, as ever, defies everything that is true and rational. Excellent fishing.

Direwolf 20-10-2021 02:35 PM

When you are sitting in your garden minding your own business and a plane drops a ton of crap on you.
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...UK%5D%E2%80%9D.

PeterH 20-10-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16059325)
Yet another breathtakingly broad and absurd generalisation which, as ever, defies everything that is true and rational. Excellent fishing.

Maybe.

Tends to be my experience.

There isn't a single regular BBSer that would be on my 'broad and absurd generialisation'.

FWIW the people I refer to would look to score a few office political points by complaining to one's boss about a BBSer spending any time whatsoever on the BBS - even having the window open.

I suspect 'rational' flew out of your head more or less the day the pandemic started. I am so good at this shite, I can even timestamp crap like this.

Remember to save your reply for when you are not on the client's dollar.

HTH

Maz 20-10-2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16060175)
Maybe.

Tends to be my experience.

There isn't a single regular BBSer that would be on my 'broad and absurd generialisation'.

FWIW the people I refer to would look to score a few office political points by complaining to one's boss about a BBSer spending any time whatsoever on the BBS - even having the window open.

I suspect 'rational' flew out of your head more or less the day the pandemic started. I am so good at this shite, I can even timestamp crap like this.

Remember to save your reply for when you are not on the client's dollar.

HTH

The only dollar I am ever on - and have been for some 20 years - is my own. I just mention that because it was the last nonsense in your post ; I could have whupped any of the prior paragraphs with my hand tied behind me.