CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

chrisophiex 28-11-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16120539)
A few years ago I was having a 1:1 with one of my direct reports. At the end of each 1:1 we used to have a little social chat. She said she was going to see The Saturdays that Saturday. I asked her if she was going to see The Sundays the day after. She gave me the blankest of looks.

:D:D

Smoz 28-11-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

A few years ago I was having a 1:1 with one of my direct reports. At the end of each 1:1 we used to have a little social chat. She said she was going to see The Saturdays that Saturday. I asked her if she was going to see The Sundays the day after. She gave me the blankest of looks.

My new-ish line manager recently asked when my last 1:1 was, I think it was in the late nineties.

Smoz 28-11-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

My new-ish line manager recently asked when my last 1:1 was, I think it was in the late nineties.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-11-2021 09:47 PM

Tell us again Smoz.

davech 29-11-2021 11:53 PM

Women singing Nessun Dorma.

PeterH 30-11-2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz (Post 16124366)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXU2tnKEwwo

Smoz 30-11-2021 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16124379)
Tell us again Smoz.

There's an echo in here.

JJ 30-11-2021 03:27 AM

...here.

big bad John 30-11-2021 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz (Post 16125723)
There's an echo in here.

Palace?

Nostrils 30-11-2021 07:34 AM

No ring pull on tins of Branston baked beans. I only bought them as Morrison's had sold out of their own cheaper and tastier beans. Never again!

Bizarro 30-11-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16125757)
No ring pull on tins of Branston baked beans. I only bought them as Morrison's had sold out of their own cheaper and tastier beans. Never again!

Branston beans are probably my favourite, i do quite like Aldi's which are a lot cheaper and have a ring pull. Biggest disappointment though is heinz which i always used to love but are too watery now.

Nostrils 30-11-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 16125768)
Branston beans are probably my favourite, i do quite like Aldi's which are a lot cheaper and have a ring pull. Biggest disappointment though is heinz which i always used to love but are too watery now.

My parents are big fans of Branston beans too, they have become popular judging by the shelves. Quite the business coup by Branston thinking about it, especially on this island. I think they're something to do with Crosse and Blackwell (blast from the past). Apologies, I digress, I could talk beans all day long :supergrin:

bubbs11 30-11-2021 09:36 AM

The women’s football results and headlines on the beeb website taking priority over the Championship and other lower leagues.

I get they’re trying to raise the women’s game profile and I think that’s great; but does it have to be so manufactured and take precedence over hugely more popular leagues? It’s like some kid has taken over the editorial of the bbc football pages and sticking in his his own Sunday league results and gossip in the middle of the main headlines.

Johnnieboy 30-11-2021 09:40 AM

Van Tam and his increasingly ridiculous and beyond tenuous analogies

Reps AJ 30-11-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 16125843)

Agreed, they're like a football match where you were losing 3-0, but then you brought on your sub, who had only just recovered in time, and he made you better and you managed to pull a couple of goals back but then one of your players gets sent off and the game has gone to extra time, (did I mention it was a cup game?), and you think you can hold on and win on penalties but then you lose as someone blazes over the bar which is like not wearing a mask.

Prince Phillip 30-11-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 16125843)

It's like a bag that's too full of wind, if the public can imagine that for a moment.

beef 30-11-2021 09:54 AM

We’re 1-0 up against 10 men in the 80th minute but we’re Palace

Johnnieboy 30-11-2021 10:35 AM

The plate of oranges at half time hasn't given us quite the level of protection we hoped. Which makes relying just on them a banana skin

Jim Cannon 30-11-2021 10:40 AM

The Experian radio advert. Have to turn the sound down it is so bad

Jim Cannon 30-11-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16125838)
The women’s football results and headlines on the beeb website taking priority over the Championship and other lower leagues.

I get they’re trying to raise the women’s game profile and I think that’s great; but does it have to be so manufactured and take precedence over hugely more popular leagues? It’s like some kid has taken over the editorial of the bbc football pages and sticking in his his own Sunday league results and gossip in the middle of the main headlines.

Indeed.

davech 30-11-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 16125768)

I will go with that. I used to be a baked bean 'snob' - Heinz or nothing, but they are now well down the list.

As you say, Branston are probably the best, followed by many own labels. Heinz are among the worst and particularly flavourless; they need a good slug of Worcester Sauce. The lower salt ones are particularly bad. Now, I realise salt is bad for you, but used properly it is a great flavour-enhancer. Probably cost-cutting recipe changes - these conglomorates need the money. :rolleyes: They need bean-tasters, not bean-counters.

CamberleyEagle 30-11-2021 11:00 AM

Sometimes they'll put a slightly blurry photo up with a football headline like 'goal of the season contender at Leeds' and I click on it and it's a lady scuffing a shot from 30 yards that dribbles under the keeper. I still fall for it occasionally but they're all clicks as far as the BBC is concerned.

Quote:

Maidstoned Eagle 30-11-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16125891)
I will go with that. I used to be a baked bean 'snob' - Heinz or nothing, but they are now well down the list.

As you say, Branston are probably the best, followed by many own labels. Heinz are among the worst and particularly flavourless; they need a good slug of Worcester Sauce. The lower salt ones are particularly bad. Now, I realise salt is bad for you, but used properly it is a great flavour-enhancer. Probably cost-cutting recipe changes - these conglomorates need the money. :rolleyes: They need bean-tasters, not bean-counters.

Heinz, with a slug of milk or red wine.

cantspell 30-11-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

from the BBC website to illustrate your point

Rachel Furness - Northern Ireland's leading women's scorer of all time - surpassed David Healy's men's record of 36 goals

This was also mentioned on 5 live with women's and men's omitted.

They are 2 seperate and didtinct records.

Stellavista 30-11-2021 05:27 PM

Cyclists wearing headphones/ear buds. Are they f*cking mad?

Panther 30-11-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16126459)

Not to mention being dressed in black/dark grey to merge into the tarmac.

Wright+Bright 30-11-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

I do actually wear earbuds when doing long cycles, but only to listen to navigations, not for music etc. as I think it’s safer than looking down at a screen, and would never wear noise cancelling earbuds.

Is that acceptable?:D

Maidstoned Eagle 30-11-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 16126469)
Not to mention being dressed in black/dark grey to merge into the tarmac.

Its almost as if they enjoy being victims....mind you, Im sure car drivers do it too so thats ok.

pallet 30-11-2021 10:11 PM

Getting sent an enail.with supposely tech help when i clicked on the link it was basically turn it on and off

CT_Palace 30-11-2021 11:24 PM

Kevin ******* Friend

Worksop Palace 01-12-2021 12:14 AM

People blaming the ref for us losing when we concede a clear penalty in stoppage time and our ‘striker’ misses from 3 yards.

Bizarre

PeterH 01-12-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

yep. You risk being labelled a dinosaur for saying it on here though. Some here like the female game. Others try too hard to come across as ......... insert term here. it's just shite football that needs to return to its oddity status. Doncaster belles and Gregory's Girl.

bubbs11 01-12-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16129303)
yep. You risk being labelled a dinosaur for saying it on here though. Some here like the female game. Others try too hard to come across as ......... insert term here. it's just shite football that needs to return to its oddity status. Doncaster belles and Gregory's Girl.

I don’t think it’s rubbish, but I do think that at the moment it has no place to be as prominent as it is within the media. It’s a bit of a slap in the face of the men’s lower league game that operates at a very high level, with more support than any lower leagues anywhere in the world; and yet their media time and visibility has been reduced to make way for grossly less popular and inferior quality women’s leagues.

It’s hard to say it because I do actually love the fact that were seeing so many young girls playing football now. I was over the park a while back and saw a group of teenage girls just having an informal kick about like we all did growing up, and just thought it was brilliant to see. Obviously I didn’t watch too long or else I may have got arrested.

Stockport_Eagle 01-12-2021 01:50 PM

CPFC media team posting all over social media and emailing me to remind me we got beaten by a 94th minute penalty last night.

I ****** know :veryangry

Isle of Wight 01-12-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16129320)
I don’t think it’s rubbish, but I do think that at the moment it has no place to be as prominent as it is within the media. It’s a bit of a slap in the face of the men’s lower league game that operates at a very high level, with more support than any lower leagues anywhere in the world; and yet their media time and visibility has been reduced to make way for grossly less popular and inferior quality women’s leagues.

It’s hard to say it because I do actually love the fact that were seeing so many young girls playing football now. I was over the park a while back and saw a group of teenage girls just having an informal kick about like we all did growing up, and just thought it was brilliant to see. Obviously I didn’t watch too long or else I may have got arrested.

Agree with this and as for your previous Yoof Opportunites Intern comment I COMPLETLY agree. I hated at the World cup with all the Smilies and emoticons they added to all the videos. I really really really wanted to dangle them from the top floor of the BBC centre and demand they NEVER do it again. :wallbash::veryangry

PeterH 01-12-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16129320)
I don’t think it’s rubbish, but I do think that at the moment it has no place to be as prominent as it is within the media.

Yep. I concur. i think mostly the bbc. tbf

Fen Eagle 01-12-2021 04:08 PM

People who moan when my ticket won’t work after the tenth attempt

Fen Eagle 01-12-2021 04:09 PM

Womens football because there’s no such thing as a good female goal keeper.

pallet 01-12-2021 04:37 PM

Woman who sits in the main office sings to nearly every song on the radio. Drives me mad.
And Fen Eagel there are good female keeper but bad ones too bit like men really

Hedgehog 01-12-2021 05:01 PM

My wife still likes to use a day planner (I know, old dog new trick etc..) and I recently ordered her the refill pages for 2022.

Twice this week already I have received emails from them asking me to review the product. Now tell me how one reviews something that is not going to be used until January? At the same time is exactly the same as it was for 2021, 2020, 2019 etc., etc..

Annoying marketing.

Reps AJ 01-12-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16129516)
My wife still likes to use a day planner (I know, old dog new trick etc..) and I recently ordered her the refill pages for 2022.

Twice this week already I have received emails from them asking me to review the product. Now tell me how one reviews something that is not going to be used until January? At the same time is exactly the same as it was for 2021, 2020, 2019 etc., etc..

Annoying marketing.

I tried to buy somethings online but by the time I came to check out one the most expensive item was sold out so I gave up.

They've since emailed me twice to tell me I've got stuff in my basket

Hedgehog 01-12-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 16129468)
Womens football because there’s no such thing as a good female goal keeper.

I don't think in my 50+ years of following football I've every seen a scoreline of 20-0, in fact when I used to play we were on the end of a couple of real hammerings and I don't recall anything over 10 or 12-0 tops.

I didn't watch the women's game yesterday, but can only imagine what a farce it must have been.

Might be time for football to introduce the mercy rule like they have in US softball games. Maybe at 10-0 the game is called and they al walk off and have a beer at the bar instead.

Hedgehog 01-12-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16129518)
I tried to buy somethings online but by the time I came to check out one the most expensive item was sold out so I gave up.

They've since emailed me twice to tell me I've got stuff in my basket

Sometimes I think software developers have never lived in the real word... probably grew up stuck in their bedroom playing on their game boy and then their Xbox. God forbid they actually have to use their end product.

west country boy 01-12-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16129519)
I don't think in my 50+ years of following football I've every seen a scoreline of 20-0, in fact when I used to play we were on the end of a couple of real hammerings and I don't recall anything over 10 or 12-0 tops.

I didn't watch the women's game yesterday, but can only imagine what a farce it must have been.

Might be time for football to introduce the mercy rule like they have in US softball games. Maybe at 10-0 the game is called and they al walk off and have a beer at the bar instead.

Straya tonked American Samoa or similar by more than that a few years ago.

edit - it was 2001 and the score was 31-0 with Archie Thompson getting 13 of them. Palace connections - Popovic, Muscat and Moore all played.

editx2 - I assume you're not quite old enough to remember Arbroath 36-0 Bon Accord?

Hedgehog 01-12-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16129548)
I assume you're not quite old enough to remember Arbroath 36-0 Bon Accord?

12 September 1885. Just missed it... by 70 years. :hi:

cross_eyed_ed 01-12-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16129569)

I believe that there were a number of disallowed goals as well. :supergrin:

Hedgehog 02-12-2021 01:19 AM

Things that annoy you

To continue my painter saga…. Contacted the guy Monday and we agreed a price. Said he could start Tuesday and turned up as promised on time. Took my doors away to spay in his shop (which evidently is his garage). Said they would be back later to do trim. No show until this morning where they spend an hour priming 2 door trims only to disappear again. Just showed up again at 4pm to do a bit more.

This guys are obviously juggling multiple jobs which is OK as the primer needs to dry and I’m in no hurry, but it means someone needs to be here all the time as we never know when they are coming.

Thank God for the BBS to keep me amused all day!

Edit: gone again at 4:45...

Hedgehog 02-12-2021 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed (Post 16129673)
I believe that there were a number of disallowed goals as well. :supergrin:

Where was VAR when they needed it?

davech 02-12-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16127367)
Getting sent an enail.with supposely tech help when i clicked on the link it was basically turn it on and off

Entry level support advice. You didn't pay for that, I hope :D

(Having said that, you might be surprised how often it works!)

Stellavista 02-12-2021 05:16 PM

The entirely user unfriendly reformatting of the BBC iPlayer. What twats.

Isle of Wight 02-12-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16130460)

The entire user hostile reformatting of ANY piece of software you just get to grips with

Stellavista 02-12-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16130463)
The entire user hostile reformatting of ANY piece of software you just get to grips with

Maybe it's because we are old. :)

PeterH 02-12-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16130487)
Maybe it's because we are old. :)

or because when we check out google or youtube to find out how to fix the problem, it's still horrendously complicated.

Stellavista 02-12-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16130490)
or because when we check out google or youtube to find out how to fix the problem, it's still horrendously complicated.

Not sure that helps when they change the template.

Edit: I see you said 'Or'.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 03-12-2021 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16129569)

What about Preston 26 Hyde O any closer ?

PeterH 03-12-2021 02:49 AM

Didn't Southampton get done by 9 twice in as many seasons recently.

Reps AJ 03-12-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16131038)
Didn't Southampton get done by 9 twice in as many seasons recently.

At home to Leicester and away to Man Utd

cappuccinoeagle 03-12-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16129548)
Straya tonked American Samoa or similar by more than that a few years ago.

edit - it was 2001 and the score was 31-0 with Archie Thompson getting 13 of them. Palace connections - Popovic, Muscat and Moore all played.

editx2 - I assume you're not quite old enough to remember Arbroath 36-0 Bon Accord?

The same day as the Arbroath game, Dundee Harp beat Aberdeen Rovers 35-0

Blind_Eagle 03-12-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16130460)

It really is poor I agree. The fact you now have to click onto a channel without it telling you what’s currently showing is bizarre.

Reps AJ 03-12-2021 09:42 AM

My wife complaining that it's cold in the house.

My wife leaving the door open and letting all the cold air in.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 03-12-2021 09:11 PM

Movember bellends

cappuccinoeagle 04-12-2021 06:14 PM

Late Brighton equalisers. Also Neil Maupay - my least favourite French person since Eric Cantona & the Le Pen family

Worksop Palace 05-12-2021 08:53 AM

Probably been done to death already on here but…

Sweet Caroline. Seriously, grow up now please. Especially at sporting events. It’s almost as cringeworthy as grown men and women imitating an umpires signal for a 4 when there’s a boundary at the cricket.

Just stop it and grow up.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-12-2021 09:06 AM

Sat at me sister's house in Bromley watching the rain, whilst my mates drive up to Old Trafford for the game because I have to self isolate until I receive a negative result from my day 2 PCR test.

Still, at least that fat useless **** of a prime minister had a Christmas party, so thats ok.

Worksop Palace 05-12-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16133692)
Sat at me sister's house in Bromley watching the rain, whilst my mates drive up to Old Trafford for the game because I have to self isolate until I receive a negative result from my day 2 PCR test.

Still, at least that fat useless **** of a prime minister had a Christmas party, so thats ok.

When did you do your PCR test? Did one at 10.30am yesterday and got the results around 4am this morning

Maidstoned Eagle 05-12-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16133757)
When did you do your PCR test? Did one at 10.30am yesterday and got the results around 4am this morning

Yesterday at 1pm. Waiting for the results now.

Missed going to see either Dulwich Hamlet or Bromley yesterday too.

Worksop Palace 05-12-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16133825)
Yesterday at 1pm. Waiting for the results now.

Missed going to see either Dulwich Hamlet or Bromley yesterday too.

Pisser. I missed our annual lads Xmas booze up to Sheffield. The highlight of the year. Like an afternoon and evening in Gloucester A&E but with booze

Pidster 05-12-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16133846)
Pisser. I missed our annual lads Xmas booze up to Sheffield. The highlight of the year. Like an afternoon and evening in Gloucester A&E but with booze

You stick mortars up your arse?

Maidstoned Eagle 05-12-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16133997)

No, they fall on them.

Worksop Palace 05-12-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16133997)

:D

You get them placed there for you in Sheff. Whether you want them there or not.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 05-12-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16133579)

Sweet Caroline. Seriously, grow up now please. Especially at sporting events. It’s almost as cringeworthy as grown men and women imitating an umpires signal for a 4 when there’s a boundary at the cricket.

Lol I reckon you'd be singing it at the top of your voice if you were actually there and you'd be one of the ones who give it the so good so good bit which is the most cringeworthy part.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-12-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 16134072)
Lol I reckon you'd be singing it at the top of your voice if you were actually there and you'd be one of the ones who give it the so good so good bit which is the most cringeworthy part.

Our band get asked to do it all the time. It's a laugh and makes a change from Mustang Sally and Who the **** is Alice.

davech 05-12-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16133579)

I used to like that song :( And Cracklin' Rosie... (a homage to cheap booze)

CT_Palace 05-12-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16133999)
No, they fall on them.

I think the phrase is fall “awkwardly” on them

Worksop Palace 05-12-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 16134072)

:D

I remember singing it with my old man in a boozer in Edinburgh when we took him up there for his 65th birthday to watch Scotland England in the 6 nations. That’s the last time I sang it. He’s 83 in 6 weeks.

pallet 05-12-2021 12:04 PM

Work Christmas parties. Excuse for people to act like idiots and pretend they like each other

Worksop Palace 05-12-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16134128)
Work Christmas parties. Excuse for people to act like idiots and pretend they like each other

And get covid

Herr Colonpharter 05-12-2021 12:08 PM

People that type 'no' for 'know' . . . yes I get certain abbreviations where several letters are involved several times over but this one? Really? You're just revealing how idle and immature you are.

jhc 05-12-2021 12:36 PM

The letter H is pronounced 'A - CH' and not 'HAY - CH'
It shouldn't bug me, but it does:D

That Wheel of Fortune TV quiz programme from a while back has a lot to answer for:wallbash::supergrin::supergrin:

Aquila_17 05-12-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16134133)
People that type 'no' for 'know' . . . yes I get certain abbreviations where several letters are involved several times over but this one? Really? You're just revealing how idle and immature you are.

I no wot u mean... ooops, sorry, that's a bit immature of me :D

Stellavista 05-12-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16131524)
It really is poor I agree. The fact you now have to click onto a channel without it telling you what’s currently showing is bizarre.

I can't believe they haven't had a shitload of complaints about this.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-12-2021 09:00 AM

That the BBC have 4 separate news items on the wankers win yesterday.

cantspell 06-12-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16136384)
That the BBC have 4 separate news items on the wankers win yesterday.

all about the clicks sadly

west country boy 08-12-2021 04:07 PM

The Guardian, again. Today they had "acclaimed" writers explain how they would reinvent 007.

One suggestion was this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGFGanzX...g&name=900x900

art malice 08-12-2021 04:12 PM

‘She might choose to embed deep in her father’s old structures’

I bet she might.

CT_Palace 08-12-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16139619)

Someone is trolling the Guardian . It’s the only explanation.

strawberry mivi 09-12-2021 10:16 PM

Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy

Jack Daniels 09-12-2021 10:27 PM

On the advert theme, them annoying meerkats. Pretty obvious the ad agency are saying to the client "please give us a film contract." It's a poxy comparison website you oafs!

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 09-12-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16139976)
Someone is trolling the Guardian . It’s the only explanation.

I think we are past being able to be sure of that. There is no sane endpoint to the ideological mindset of so many Guardian readers.

Blind_Eagle 10-12-2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16139619)

So not that gender fluid then.

Hedgehog 10-12-2021 08:48 PM

Firefox update again... changes everything to "dark" mode.

Apparently it is also tied into you operating system and ****ed the appearance of that also.

Restored system to 2 days ago, but apparently appearance is not something that gets restored.

All put back to how I like it now... but **** them!

Hedgehog 10-12-2021 09:10 PM

After doing some research it appears that the only way to turn off the dark mode in Firefox is go into the configuration settings which is fraught with danger for the tech idiots like me.

Why can’t they a) leave well alone or b) just have an on/off option in settings?

Oldtown Eagle 11-12-2021 09:08 PM

Microsoft Edge Pop-ups. Despite following all instructions in settings and a great deal of gnashing of teeth, they still appear. Most annoying is the Tesco - my phone number has won a grand. I haven't shopped in Tesco for eight years. Oh! and my Norton Utilities has expired . . . I ain't with Norton.

Isle of Wight 11-12-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 16144074)
Microsoft Edge Pop-ups. Despite following all instructions in settings and a great deal of gnashing of teeth, they still appear. Most annoying is the Tesco - my phone number has won a grand. I haven't shopped in Tesco for eight years. Oh! and my Norton Utilities has expired . . . I ain't with Norton.

Which is why edge is so shite. Just use another browser such as Chrome and you will be fine.

Hedgehog 11-12-2021 09:21 PM

I just went to make an annual donation to a charity that I won't name, but is one of the large ones, on behalf of my cousin in the UK. We do this every year rather than gifts. They make a donation to our charity of choice, and we do the same for theirs.

Anyway, previously there is a donation you can make as a gift and they would send a card to the person you name telling them we have made a donation on their behalf, and would include a message from us, like "Merry Christmas" etc..

This year they are not doing this unless you donate $100... Now I understand the cost associated with sending these cards, especially as this would be an international mailing, but my contention is throughout the year at least once a month they send mailings to us containing notepads, mail address labels, newsletters, and pleads for more donations. If they can cut back on some of this crap that goes straight in our bin, then maybe they could continue sending cards to the recipient of the gift donation.

Very annoying.

Now I've had to send an email to my cousin with a copy of the acknowledgment of the donation saying we made it in their name... but it doesn't have the same feeling in my book, which I appreciate is silly, but none the less.

Harry Bassett 11-12-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 16141197)
Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy

I hope your stutter improves... but just a little help¬

You look sweet on a bicycle made for two ...look up google for the lyrics.:supergrin:

Maidstoned Eagle 11-12-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Bassett (Post 16144114)
I hope your stutter improves... but just a little help¬

You look sweet on a bicycle made for two ...look up google for the lyrics.:supergrin:

Not a 2001 can then?

LN1 12-12-2021 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 16141197)

From a distance it looks like a daisy chain?

west country boy 12-12-2021 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhc (Post 16134156)
The letter H is pronounced 'A - CH' and not 'HAY - CH'
It shouldn't bug me, but it does:D

That Wheel of Fortune TV quiz programme from a while back has a lot to answer for:wallbash::supergrin::supergrin:

Irish Catholics generally pronounce it "haitch". I would say that's because they are inbred simpletons, but so are their hun cousins and even they can say it properly.

mushroom 14-12-2021 09:48 AM

Some prick complained about a delivery drivers parking on Twitter… the driver was delivering to my mates shop… he caused no delay… didn’t inconvenience anyone… but some prick… took a photo and tweeted his company and the local police force.

There’s also a couple of BBS’rs on Twitter… that I just can’t understand… I dunno if it’s a age thing… but they come across as needy phlegmtards.

One… will have a disagreement on here… then go straight on to Twitter and say “someone on the BBS just said…..” then his sycophantic followers all bum lick him.

The other … is a massive fukkin narcissist… he posts puerile crap like

“Lads… I just cooked some cracking roast potatoes”

Or

“Fellas… I just got up one min before my alarm was due to go off #winning”

I just can’t get my head around it… who picks up their phone… to tell people they’ve made potatoes or woke up?