CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Isle of Wight 14-12-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 16148414)
I just can’t get my head around it… who picks up their phone… to tell people they’ve made potatoes or woke up?

You also get people with the Pose and a "leopard print kinda day" or "Suited and booted" Twitter was a place of interest, but is now a place of world falling on your head, interspersed with people looking for Likes, and the odd nugget tweet.

mushroom 14-12-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16148443)
You also get people with the Pose and a "leopard print kinda day" or "Suited and booted" Twitter was a place of interest, but is now a place of world falling on your head, interspersed with people looking for Likes, and the odd nugget tweet.

When a (obviously) good looking girl puts up a pic of her looking pretty fit saying “I feel so ugly today”… followed by a load of virgins saying how beautiful she is… it makes me wanna puke.

I usually comment “words can’t describe how beautiful you are… but numbers can 6/10”.

Chris K 14-12-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Some prick complained about a delivery drivers parking on Twitter… the driver was delivering to my mates shop… he caused no delay… didn’t inconvenience anyone… but some prick… took a photo and tweeted his company and the local police force.

There’s also a couple of BBS’rs on Twitter… that I just can’t understand… I dunno if it’s a age thing… but they come across as needy phlegmtards.

One… will have a disagreement on here… then go straight on to Twitter and say “someone on the BBS just said…..” then his sycophantic followers all bum lick him.

The other … is a massive fukkin narcissist… he posts puerile crap like

“Lads… I just cooked some cracking roast potatoes”

Or

“Fellas… I just got up one min before my alarm was due to go off #winning”

I just can’t get my head around it… who picks up their phone… to tell people they’ve made potatoes or woke up?

Anyone who starts tweets etc with "Lads..." or "Fellas...." is trying to hard and in reality is probably more like the Guardian's description of what the new 007 should be like

PALACEWU 14-12-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16148464)
Anyone who starts tweets etc with "Lads..." or "Fellas...." is trying to hard and in reality is probably more like the Guardian's description of what the new 007 should be like

Too

Oli28 14-12-2021 11:00 AM

People who go to Palace and are relentlessly balanced about refereeing decisions, I.e. something goes against us, everyone naturally kicks off, they give it all the "referee was spot on there, don't know why everyone is complaining". Bore off.

Chris K 14-12-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 16148469)
Too

oh bog of :D

whereEaglesFly 14-12-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 16148473)
People who go to Palace and are relentlessly balanced about refereeing decisions, I.e. something goes against us, everyone naturally kicks off, they give it all the "referee was spot on there, don't know why everyone is complaining". Bore off.

People who kick off about referees like children even when they make completely correct decisions.

13thsasquatch 14-12-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16148464)

The one that drives me nuts is "I don't know who needs to hear this but..."

Oli28 14-12-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly (Post 16148485)
People who kick off about referees like children even when they make completely correct decisions.

:S:

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

There’s also a couple of BBS’rs on Twitter… that I just can’t understand… I dunno if it’s a age thing… but they come across as needy phlegmtards.

One… will have a disagreement on here… then go straight on to Twitter and say “someone on the BBS just said…..” then his sycophantic followers all bum lick him.

I think I know exactly who you mean. :D

stevek 14-12-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

There’s also a couple of BBS’rs on Twitter…

It does strike me as strange how some people seem to love to go on twitter and criticise the BBS - and as though the BBS is the only place you get bizarre views posted.

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 16148897)
It does strike me as strange how some people seem to love to go on twitter and criticise the BBS - and as though the BBS is the only place you get bizarre views posted.

Its also interesting that if you defend the BBS on twatter you recieve vitriol of the type the bbs is supposed to be the sole proponent of.

CT_Palace 14-12-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

It does strike me as strange how some people seem to love to go on twitter

that's all that needs to be said.

stevek 14-12-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16148914)
Its also interesting that if you defend the BBS on twatter you recieve vitriol of the type the bbs is supposed to be the sole proponent of.

Yes, that too.

little al 14-12-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 16148452)
When a (obviously) good looking girl puts up a pic of her looking pretty fit saying “I feel so ugly today”… followed by a load of virgins saying how beautiful she is… it makes me wanna puke.

I usually comment “words can’t describe how beautiful you are… but numbers can 6/10”.

:lux::lux:

little al 14-12-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

I find it strange people use twitter

pallet 14-12-2021 04:12 PM

Being older and having teenage kids i find all this socail media stuff annoying

Hedgehog 14-12-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16149927)
Being older and having teenage kids i find all this socail media stuff annoying

I usually take a look at my Facebook friends (all 22 of them) most days just for the comedy value.

I think spending so much time on this BBS has made me pretty thick skinned, and far too sarcastic to take it serious.

If every there was a medium that showed men are from Mars and women are from Venus it's Facebook.

TopKnot 14-12-2021 06:13 PM

Kirsty Allsop and her crappy arts and crafts. Absolute tat to clog up your house.

Direwolf 14-12-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16141265)
So not that gender fluid then.

The name's Bond...er....James, Jenny, Jordan, Jude, Jesse Bond.

Direwolf 14-12-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Some prick complained about a delivery drivers parking on Twitter… the driver was delivering to my mates shop… he caused no delay… didn’t inconvenience anyone… but some prick… took a photo and tweeted his company and the local police force.

Or

Everyone on Facebook?

Direwolf 14-12-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 16148452)

I bet you get some rational. thoughtful responses.

Direwolf 14-12-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 16148473)

Is relentlessly unbalanced the desired norm?

Oli28 14-12-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 16150076)
Is relentlessly unbalanced the desired norm?

Do you cheer when both teams score?

Direwolf 14-12-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 16150098)

What does that have to do with refereeing decisions?

PeterH 14-12-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Or

Tremedous post.

brighton_eagle 14-12-2021 07:57 PM

Name and shame. :D

brighton_eagle 14-12-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 16150105)

Can you imagine a stadium full of people quietly approving of every refereeing decision? :D

PeterH 14-12-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16148482)
oh bog of :D

off

Oli28 14-12-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 16150105)

I go to palace because I want palace to win. I sing songs about palace being the greatest team the world has ever been, even though we're not. I laugh at opposition strikers who put their shots out for a throw in even though I'll give benteke warm encouragement when he does the same thing. There have even been times when I shout nasty things at players who are timewasting when we're a goal down even though I'd be quite pleased if we showed the same sort of "game management" when the scores are reversed. I'm very biased about palace and so are most of the people around me at games, which is kind of the point of it all. I just find it annoying when there's that one person who feels the need to be the "voice of reason" at all times, even though we all know they're right. Maybe you don't, which is fine :p

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16150154)
off

Whosh

PeterH 14-12-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16150190)
Whosh

shuush

PeterH 14-12-2021 08:29 PM

Shouldn't you be explaining why someone so proud of their culinary arts re packed lunches is parcial to ready meals, seemingly picking and choosing when and when not to be a dressed up ponce about it all.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 14-12-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

That's not fair. Have your differences , but he's not a righton fan :D

PALACEWU 14-12-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Is this like when a man more rugged than yourself has away with your partner in front of you?

Hedgehog 15-12-2021 01:40 AM

When you have to buy paint to touch up with after having some work done and despite it being the same brand, color code and sheen, it doesn’t match so you have to paint the whole wall and have to tell the wife it is the shadows that make the whole wall look a different color!

LN1 15-12-2021 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16150531)
When you have to buy paint to touch up with after having some work done and despite it being the same brand, color code and sheen, it doesn’t match so you have to paint the whole wall and have to tell the wife it is the shadows that make the whole wall look a different color!

I painted half a living room wall in Matt and the other half in Silk! As it was done late in the evening I just thought the silk was rhe Matt still wet but groaned in the morning when I saw it. Thanks people for not putting the tins back properly in the shop (and idiot me for not checking). Worst of all my brother at the time worked for Dulux and laughed when I told him.

As for the matching paint my brother said it does happen and even with wallpaper you should always buy enough of the same batch code as there can be slight variations. Also colour fades ever so slightly so any new patches even with the original tin will show up in the right light.

PeterH 15-12-2021 02:12 AM

Dave was a big exponent of twitter when it came on the scene. Personally, I thought it was a shocker back then. I now think it is a disease. The likes of twitter, facebook, instagram only serve as the shit to keep the flies off decent sites as far as I am concerned.

Hedgehog 15-12-2021 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16150534)
As for the matching paint my brother said it does happen and even with wallpaper you should always buy enough of the same batch code as there can be slight variations. Also colour fades ever so slightly so any new patches even with the original tin will show up in the right light.

All good points. And to your point I originally painted the room about 20 years ago and my left over paint had gone solid! When I removed some pictures to repaint the wall you could see the "shadow" where they had been - still not a match really with what was under the pictures.

I guess ultimately the fading of the old paint is the problem, but I still can moan about the match! :D

I used to like painting rooms, but I seem to have lost the enthusiasm or patients which compounds the problem. I seem to make a lot more of a mess than I used to! :eek:

CT_Palace 15-12-2021 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16150547)
All good points. And to your point I originally painted the room about 20 years ago and my left over paint had gone solid! When I removed some pictures to repaint the wall you could see the "shadow" where they had been - still not a match really with what was under the pictures.

I guess ultimately the fading of the old paint is the problem, but I still can moan about the match! :D

I used to like painting rooms, but I seem to have lost the enthusiasm or patients which compounds the problem. I seem to make a lot more of a mess than I used to! :eek:

Can’t you just get a local painter and decorator to come in and do it for you H?
A quick phone call, have the bloke pop round that afternoon, get a quote and it can be done with the minimum of fuss in a couple of days.

;)

Hedgehog 15-12-2021 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16150555)
Can’t you just get a local painter and decorator to come in and do it for you H?
A quick phone call, have the bloke pop round that afternoon, get a quote and it can be done with the minimum of fuss in a couple of days.

;)

very good! :p

While I'm waiting for them to show up or answer my messages, I could paint the rest of the house... :rolleyes:

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16150212)
Shouldn't you be explaining why someone so proud of their culinary arts re packed lunches is parcial to ready meals, seemingly picking and choosing when and when not to be a dressed up ponce about it all.

Hic.

Joe85 15-12-2021 11:44 AM

Genuinely thinking about how i can take a **** off pay cut to get away from Zoom meetings.

Can't deal with it any more. I'm currently sitting on a call, that's into it's third hour, going over subjects we talked about for over 3 hours on at least 3 or 4 separate occasions previously. Like people are talking for what seems like minutes and all they are doing is stating the ******* OBVIOUS!!!

It's as if Zoom has introduced some sort of decision-making paralysis for people.

I'm losing my mind.

Joe85 15-12-2021 11:45 AM

Oh joy, i get to finish this one and roll straight into another.

13thsasquatch 15-12-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16150876)
Genuinely thinking about how i can take a **** off pay cut to get away from Zoom meetings.

Can't deal with it any more. I'm currently sitting on a call, that's into it's third hour, going over subjects we talked about for over 3 hours on at least 3 or 4 separate occasions previously. Like people are talking for what seems like minutes and all they are doing is stating the ******* OBVIOUS!!!

It's as if Zoom has introduced some sort of decision-making paralysis for people.

I'm losing my mind.

Sounds like you need a decent Chair. I've had those sort of meetings both face to face and on Teams, the problem has always been a Chair who doesn't control the discussion and move it on when people are retreading old ground.

I was in one yesterday where someone presented an item that was 2 minutes of 'here's what's wrong', followed by 15 minutes of 'here's why it's not my fault'. The Chair let him ramble on a bit but once he was done she shut him down completely.

Chris K 15-12-2021 12:00 PM

Yes, wall to wall zoom calls, day after day is draining.

The "ooo look, isn't my cat funny" or calls being interrupted by 3 year old kids is wearing thin as well. It's not March 2020 anymore, sort your life out and get a proper pet like a dog and give your bastard offspring some discipline. I don't want to see or hear of either

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2021 12:08 PM

Turn the camera off.

davech 15-12-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16150877)
Oh joy, i get to finish this one and roll straight into another.

Look on the bright side. You don't even need to leave your chair. Even better if you have a packed lunch at the ready.

strawberry mivi 15-12-2021 01:25 PM

Have you not taken a picture of yourself in your chair and set that as your background?
Then you slide out of view and go to watch telly
Honestly, its teaching granny to suck eggs on here sometimes.

Reps AJ 15-12-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 16150980)
Have you not taken a picture of yourself in your chair and set that as your background?
Then you slide out of view and go to watch telly
Honestly, its teaching granny to suck eggs on here sometimes.

Or just have your camera off and read a book :D

danpalace07 15-12-2021 03:01 PM

Spotify desktop version

maybe it's just my shite laptop but the app is such a resource hogger and I have to open it before any other big apps like Chrome or whatever just so it fully loads. It was fine with the original UI years ago and probably easier to use but like many websites since the 00s, it went for bigger and showier

brighton_eagle 15-12-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16150895)
Turn the camera off.

Turn the computer off. :D

Chillo 15-12-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

I'm losing my mind.

Did you not attend many corporate meetings pre-Covid?!

At least now, with Teams and Zoom, you get to be at home and (in most cases) at least semi-casual wear.

Yes it's the same corporate shite, but with (some) benefits. :D

GorBlimey 16-12-2021 12:30 AM

The DeLonghi coffee ad with Brad Pitt.

I don't believe that you go down to the local store on your scooter to buy coffee and return home to make it.

You're a rich, spoilt, movie-star c*nt with flunkies who do this for you.

F*ck off!

TopKnot 16-12-2021 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16150990)
Or just have your camera off and read a book :D

Until half an hour in you hear someone say ‘Joe, what do you think about this?’ And you have to scramble to formulate a generic, noncommittal but non bullshitty sounding response to a conversation you have not been listening to…

Or you could just not reply and say your mic is broken.

Joe85 16-12-2021 01:14 AM

Things that annoy you

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 16153461)
Until half an hour in you hear someone say ‘Joe, what do you think about this?’ And you have to scramble to formulate a generic, noncommittal but non bullshitty sounding response to a conversation you have not been listening to…

Or you could just not reply and say your mic is broken.

Exactly right.

Can occasionally get away with the old “you broke up there, can you repeat?”

My manager rang me midway through a Zoom meeting the other day. I muted the meeting and we ended up chatting for about 45 mins. Assuming it had concluded at the scheduled time, i carried on with some errands round the house, returning to my laptop about 2 hours later and the ****ers were still going!!

TopKnot 16-12-2021 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16153472)
Exactly right.

Can occasionally get away with the old “you broke up there, can you repeat?”

My manager rang me midway through a Zoom meeting the other day. I muted the meeting and we ended up chatting for about 45 mins. Assuming it had concluded at the scheduled time, i carried on with some errands round the house, returning to my laptop about 2 hours later and the ****ers were still going!!

Sometimes I try and proactively pop up to ask a very generic question that I think won’t have been raised but will show that I am still listening in. Can work well, except the times that there is a pause and someone says ‘that’s literally all we have been talking about for the last 20 minutes’. That can be awkward.

Brodie Lee 16-12-2021 01:21 AM

Quote:

I'm losing my mind.

You should get the BBS to zoom bomb the particularly boring meetings.

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 06:18 AM

Quote:

I'm losing my mind.

Just have cricket in the background. I know you love that game :)

stange555 16-12-2021 10:14 AM

Now with the wfh, there are so many more meetings, everything is a bloody meeting. When I get an invite I now ask why I am invited (it is not usually obvious) and what are the expected outcomes. If I don't get a response I don't go. If I am not needed, I don't go and I now always leave on time. I make it clear at the beginning of the meeting that I will be leaving on time. I know, I'm a right laugh.

But the truth is, last year, I spent hours on Teams meetings where I wasn't needed so I just practised guitar chords. It's so much wasted time, for them, I'm getting quite good at the guitar....

Prince Phillip 16-12-2021 10:24 AM

Anyone got anything comparable to a WFH "Coffee Roulette" like I have? You basically get paired off at random with another member of staff for a Zoom "Water Cooler Chat" for half an hour each week - usually with someone you'd have no reason or intention to speak to in normal office circumstances.
I've bunked off about 5 or 6 of them now. Santa could well be bringing me my P45 this year.

Worksop Palace 16-12-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

I'm losing my mind.

Generally speaking, no meeting should last more than 2 hours. If it does, it’s just a talking shop. Mainly pointless

LSEagle 16-12-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16153728)
Anyone got anything comparable to a WFH "Coffee Roulette" like I have? You basically get paired off at random with another member of staff for a Zoom "Water Cooler Chat" for half an hour each week - usually with someone you'd have no reason or intention to speak to in normal office circumstances.
I've bunked off about 5 or 6 of them now. Santa could well be bringing me my P45 this year.

Yes, we do that, call it a coffee lottery. Basically I just ignore it unless the person who I'm paired up with gets in touch.

davech 16-12-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16153732)
Generally speaking, no meeting should last more than 2 hours. If it does, it’s just a talking shop. Mainly pointless

General rule of all meetings:

The effectiveness of a meeting is inversely proportional to the number of attendees and the duration.

Isle of Wight 16-12-2021 11:08 AM

Couldn’t they see you simply playing guitar?

Maz 16-12-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

What a truly appalling idea!

stange555 16-12-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16153787)
Couldn’t they see you simply playing guitar?

No, my camera is usually off!

stange555 16-12-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16153788)
What a truly appalling idea!

They tried it at my place, it lasted a week I think, no one bothered.

Maidstoned Eagle 16-12-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stange555 (Post 16153791)
No, my camera is usually off!

Skills.

Maidstoned Eagle 16-12-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Probably causes more anxiety and stress than its meant to relieve.

Prince Phillip 16-12-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16153803)
Probably causes more anxiety and stress than its meant to relieve.

Very true. Business video calling can be stilted enough without having to force through a "chat"

13thsasquatch 16-12-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16153760)
General rule of all meetings:

The effectiveness of a meeting is inversely proportional to the number of attendees and the duration.

And the overall effectiveness is also halved by each additional management consultant present.

TopKnot 16-12-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

hate hate hate this kind of shit. has no effect on anything other than wasting time and annoying people.

Joe85 16-12-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

That would truly break my spirit. :D

Johnnieboy 16-12-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Awful.

Clearly thought up by someone in HR told to make remote work but with no experience of actually talking to real people.

Be sure to cite that with a maximum negative rating at your next review. They need to be told!!

Olympian2 16-12-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Ha! They were called 'Coffee Connects' at my old place. The idea was proposed by someone who didn't have any real work to do & felt the need to justify their work existence. They can go shove it up their arse.

Stellavista 16-12-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16154622)
Ha! They were called 'Coffee Connects' at my old place. The idea was proposed by someone who didn't have any real work to do & felt the need to justify their work existence. They can go shove it up their arse.

Anyone who comes up with this sort of shit needs eradicating.

Chris K 16-12-2021 06:58 PM

Thankfully much of the drivel that was initially thought to be a good idea at my place has dropped off. We peaked at a girl who works for Product and based in the US running meditation sessions over zoom :D

stamford triumph 16-12-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16154833)
Thankfully much of the drivel that was initially thought to be a good idea at my place has dropped off. We peaked at a girl who works for Product and based in the US running meditation sessions over zoom :D

We did one of those. I was sceptical but dropped off almost straight away - fortunately we weren’t required to have cameras or mics on. Quite a relaxing half hour on company time.

Maz 17-12-2021 11:42 AM

A giant company like DHL deliver a parcel but can only tell you that it will be delivered "by the end of the day". (And 'day' does not refer to either the working day or indeed the astronomical definition - at sunset - but rather its own definition which is by 8pm).

Even newbies like DPD give you a one hour window.

Isle of Wight 17-12-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16155447)
A giant company like DHL deliver a parcel but can only tell you that it will be delivered "by the end of the day". (And 'day' does not refer to either the working day or indeed the astronomical definition - at sunset - but rather its own definition which is by 8pm).

TNT “we will collect between 12.30 and 3.30” . Waited in. Never turned up. :wallbash:

Herr Colonpharter 17-12-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16155447)

No doubt they are far more precise with deliveries to their beloved manyoo :hmph:

PeterH 17-12-2021 10:18 PM

Death by Teams. Enel provide most of my students. Just abtout all of their official working day is in Teams meetings. They get a btreak for lunch and Friday afteroon. The Italians at the top see nothing wrong with it. It is prescribted company culture. The working day is officially 8.30am to 6.30pm - for many of them it is more like 7am to 10pm. It's workplace abuse in my eyes.

Hedgehog 18-12-2021 01:04 AM

When you get a Christmas card from someone you didn't send on this year because you always suspected they only had send you one in the past because you had sent them one so didn't send one this year.

If I send one now it will be pretty obvious I only sent them one because I got one from them...

As an aside, I can't believe it is costing you guys £1.70 to send a card overseas. Another expense in the UK that is illogical.

Stellavista 18-12-2021 01:43 AM

I have, it appears, been sending Christmas cards to dead people for years.
Now that's a waste of postage.

Hedgehog 18-12-2021 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16157363)

I wonder if my cousin will now think I'm no longer with us? :eek:

GorBlimey 18-12-2021 02:56 AM

There's a Facebook Portal advert on TV at the moment that has a noise in the soundtrack that sounds exactly like our doorbell, which sets off our psychotic rescue dog into a barking frenzy.

Very annoying!

Hedgehog 18-12-2021 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16157378)
There's a Facebook Portal advert on TV at the moment that has a noise in the soundtrack that sounds exactly like our doorbell, which sets off our psychotic rescue dog into a barking frenzy.

Very annoying!

Been there, done that, less the barking dog.

Yesterday I was watching something with the Bluetooth headphones on and there was this tapping noise which sometimes happens when my wife is texting and her phone is also connected to the headphones... was very annoying especially as she wasn't home!

Turned out to be some sort of background noise on the show... WTF!

Johnnieboy 18-12-2021 07:23 AM

Quote:

Yes but it sets the plot for a heartwarming Lassie/long lost postbag/reincarnation type family movie in years to come that goes direct to download, ironically

bubbs11 18-12-2021 07:38 AM

That not every radio in the house is Alexa. I can’t be the only person who’s felt like a complete dick by barking at an ancient radio in the house, ‘Alexa play LBC!’

ExiledStirling 18-12-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Christmas card etiquette surely dictates that the first year they failed to reciprocate they should have been dead to you anyway.

Maidstoned Eagle 18-12-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16157687)
That not every radio in the house is Alexa. I can’t be the only person who’s felt like a complete dick by barking at an ancient radio in the house, ‘Alexa play LBC!’

How.lazy of a world has it become that even turning on a radio is considered such an exhausting chore you need an ai to do it for you?

pallet 18-12-2021 11:56 AM

And make our coffee

Reps AJ 18-12-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16157951)
How.lazy of a world has it become that even turning on a radio is considered such an exhausting chore you need an ai to do it for you?

You don't use Alexa do you? It's ******* hard work! Artificially Stupid, not intelligent

"Alexa play the radio"
"It's 3pm"
"Alexa I said play the radio"
"Playing songs by Haircut 100"
"Alexa I said play the radio FFS"
"I'm sorry I don't know that one"

Johnnieboy 18-12-2021 12:29 PM

It was easier when it was called the wireless

KYLIE MINEAGLE 18-12-2021 12:43 PM

Always makes me laugh when in films that are set say in the war. People switch on the wireless and it starts straight away. Obviously had better valves than we did in our one back in the day.

Maidstoned Eagle 18-12-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16158093)
You don't use Alexa do you? It's ******* hard work! Artificially Stupid, not intelligent

"Alexa play the radio"
"It's 3pm"
"Alexa I said play the radio"
"Playing songs by Haircut 100"
"Alexa I said play the radio FFS"
"I'm sorry I don't know that one"

I dont, Im not a workshy fop.

Stellavista 18-12-2021 01:04 PM

Period movie set design.
All the furniture and fittings are from that period.
Nobody has a home like that.

Little Fozzie 18-12-2021 06:27 PM

People need to start saying please and thank you to alexa. When the robots take over they will remember.

bubbs11 18-12-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 16158464)
People need to start saying please and thank you to alexa. When the robots take over they will remember.

Got to admit, my relationship with her is a bit like Meghan Markle’s with Palace staff. I better up my game.