CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Supersonic 27-12-2022 02:15 AM

People that post pictures of what they're eating on facebook with some wanky message about how it's the best they've ever had or whatever, when 90%+ of the population are eating the same bloody thing. Case in point Christmas roast dinner.

Timbo 27-12-2022 02:53 AM

Having to fart after a nice shower

StonePenge 27-12-2022 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 16765077)
Having to fart after a nice shower

There are many places where it’s not compulsory.

Timbo 27-12-2022 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StonePenge (Post 16765079)
There are many places where it’s not compulsory.

None of them in my colon :(

Maidstoned Eagle 27-12-2022 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 16765074)
People that post pictures of what they're eating on facebook with some wanky message about how it's the best they've ever had or whatever, when 90%+ of the population are eating the same bloody thing. Case in point Christmas roast dinner.

And then get stroppy if someone else dares to criticise it.

Maidstoned Eagle 27-12-2022 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16763120)
Wankers who go to test matches.

Efa

RazorsEdge 27-12-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16765102)
Efa

That is fighting talk

:)

KYLIE MINEAGLE 27-12-2022 08:21 AM

He gets a lot of cricket where he lives.

RazorsEdge 27-12-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16765117)

I had to Google and in Spain, Cricket is an emerging sport. Hopefully we soon will see them in t20 or one day world cups

Sick Bucket 27-12-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16765129)

I had to Google and in Spain, Cricket is an emerging sport. Hopefully we soon will see them in t20 or one day world cups

Not from what I've seen, what is definitely growing in popularity is Rugby.

El Aguila 27-12-2022 09:46 AM

It sort of dept where you live, the Bangladeshi and ****stani immigrant communities play a lot of street cricket and there are a few clubs, but presumably only in Madrid and Barcelona.

Maidstoned Eagle 27-12-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16765117)

I wouldn't know, I have better things to do with my time.

We have this load of sonambulistic bollocks happening 5 minutes from where I am sitting right now, twice a year....I can get free tickets etc...told them that unless they paid me they can keep it.
https://www.ecn.cricket/european-cricket-championship

RazorsEdge 27-12-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16765164)
I wouldn't know, I have better things to do with my time.

We have this load of sonambulistic bollocks happening 5 minutes from where I am sitting right now, twice a year....I can get free tickets etc...told them that unless they paid me they can keep it.
https://www.ecn.cricket/european-cricket-championship

If you get free tickets, pass it to me, I shall pop over and watch it.

Panther 27-12-2022 10:41 AM

Looking at emails to find one from Palace advertising “highlights” of yesterday’s game.

Maidstoned Eagle 27-12-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16765213)

Nope.

PeterH 27-12-2022 10:47 PM

That's just mean.

PeterH 27-12-2022 10:51 PM

Grandkids giving me the porcelein bus bug for Christmas.

That's today a complete write-off. I had a few tasks I wanted done.

Prince Phillip 27-12-2022 11:04 PM

Sky Sports are running a "Return of the Premier League" type of advert where they feature a load of Top Six/Eight fans showing the sheer tension and anxiety they feel when watching their team. Come on, you win three games out of four on the whole - it's not that bad is it?

pallet 28-12-2022 12:11 AM

Idoits in the cinema who cant leave there phome alone for more than 10 minutes

RazorsEdge 28-12-2022 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16765924)
That's just mean.

Init just :)

RazorsEdge 28-12-2022 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16765883)
Nope.

I’m heartbroken now

:D

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 07:27 AM

You'll get over it.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16765924)
That's just mean.

Cruel to be kind.

Martin H 28-12-2022 07:30 AM

Waking up at 4am for no obvious reason and being unable to get back to sleep. Royal pain in the **** tbh. Will feel knackered all day now and we have visitors too. Grinch, grinch, grinch.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 07:33 AM

Going to a chiringuito for lunch, sitting next to the sea and being served frozen calamari that had the consistency of a tyre. Then chucking it up an hour later.

El Aguila 28-12-2022 07:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16765213)

Look at the Spanish batting lineup: Attachment 56197

Ardent Eagle Forever 28-12-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16763041)
Dogs in hotels… when did that become a thing?

Do you have a problem with disabled people? We've just stayed in a hotel with my wife's @HearingDogs dog Rico. My wife is deaf.

Besides my guess is that you'll see more hotels accepting dogs. Hotels have lost a lot of money over the last few years. Alex Polizzi ((Hotel Inspector) did a programme a couple of years back. In the programme she claimed that dog friendly hotels can earn up to 30% more from people staying with dogs because owners tend to spend more in the hotel ie bar and restaurant.

Hotels would be stupid to turn dog owners away in this climate.

RazorsEdge 28-12-2022 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16766022)
Look at the Spanish batting lineup: Attachment 56197

Crikey, I think I got a future in Spanish cricket team haha.

Cheers :)

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 16766023)
Do you have a problem with disabled people? We've just stayed in a hotel with my wife's @HearingDogs dog Rico. My wife is deaf.

Besides my guess is that you'll see more hotels accepting dogs. Hotels have lost a lot of money over the last few years. Alex Polizzi ((Hotel Inspector) did a programme a couple of years back. In the programme she claimed that dog friendly hotels can earn up to 30% more from people staying with dogs because owners tend to spend more in the hotel ie bar and restaurant.

No, but he probably has a problem with inconsiderate dog owners who want their little "fur babies" with them at all times and have no manners.

You have to remember a large proportion of dogs are nowhere near as well trained as guide dogs etx. There is a differential to be made without accusing someone of having a "problem with disabled people".

El Aguila 28-12-2022 08:44 AM

Well, Peter H has played international cricket for Chile.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16766035)

Not sure who comes out of that the better.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 28-12-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16766025)
Crikey, I think I got a future in Spanish cricket team haha.

Cheers :)

German bloke I know over here would not belive me when I told him Germany had a cricket team and that they were ranked 79 at the time. Mind when you look at their line up it could be same as Spain, definitly no Schmitts or Mullers in it :D

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 08:58 AM

All too busy doing something better with their time.

El Aguila 28-12-2022 09:02 AM

Yeah, invading the Sudetenland, ffs, you fascist.

west country boy 28-12-2022 09:11 AM

Maidstoned’s comments about cricket are almost as funny as his “beetles” quips.

CT_Palace 28-12-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16766033)
No, but he probably has a problem with inconsiderate dog owners who want their little "fur babies" with them at all times and have no manners.

You have to remember a large proportion of dogs are nowhere near as well trained as guide dogs etx. There is a differential to be made without accusing someone of having a "problem with disabled people".

Hear hear.

In 90% of dog/human relationships it’s the ignorant selfish inconsiderate human that needs the training.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16766048)
Maidstoned’s comments about cricket are almost as funny as his “beetles” quips.

Which is 100% funnier than any thing you have ever "quipped". Hth

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16766044)
Yeah, invading the Sudetenland, ffs, you fascist.

Bauhaus architecture more interesting than cricket, you came up.with the fascism thing. I guess that's what happens when you live amongst Francos children.

PeterH 28-12-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16766021)
Going to a chiringuito for lunch, sitting next to the sea and being served frozen calamari that had the consistency of a tyre. Then chucking it up an hour later.

Yep, that's annoying. It might be karma for not helping Razor out.

PeterH 28-12-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16766035)

1 full cap, and three for the B team. I can't bowl, bat or catch.

If there had been free tickets available, I would certainly have got some for my BBS mates, though.

El Aguila 28-12-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16766341)
Bauhaus architecture more interesting than cricket, you came up.with the fascism thing. I guess that's what happens when you live amongst Francos children.

Last city to fall to Franco - long after Andalucía.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16766353)
Yep, that's annoying. It might be karma for not helping Razor out.

This was before.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-12-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16766370)
Last city to fall to Franco - long after Andalucía.

And they all moved in.

CT_Palace 28-12-2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16766356)

If there had been free tickets available, I would certainly have got some for my BBS mates, though.

What particular cricketing duty did you carry out then? Pad buckler? Bat linseed oiler? I have seen some fielders give their lunchbox a good rubbing with the ball before they throw it back to the bowler. Is that an official duty? I guess you could have been a runner for an injured batsman.

RazorsEdge 28-12-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16766356)

Wow, that is brilliant.

RazorsEdge 28-12-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16766383)
What particular cricketing duty did you carry out then? Pad buckler? Bat linseed oiler? I have seen some fielders give their lunchbox a good rubbing with the ball before they throw it back to the bowler. Is that an official duty? I guess you could have been a runner for an injured batsman.

To be fair, there is one dedicated player who is the official ball shiner. I think Root was the official shiner for England. With Covid this is almost gone.

PeterH 28-12-2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16766383)

I scamper. I was also instrumental in an opposition run out. We won the game.

Played 1, Won 1, Drawn 0, Lost 0 - retired.

If you were still smoking, you could find a pipe to put that in.

CT_Palace 28-12-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16766390)
To be fair, there is one dedicated player who is the official ball shiner. I think Root was the official shiner for England. With Covid this is almost gone.

How does one qualify for such a duty? Is there are particular technique that takes years of practice? Or possibly, does lunchbox size bear any relation to imparting a glossy sheen? If so, is Root a nickname?

CT_Palace 28-12-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16766409)
I scamper. I was also instrumental in an opposition run out. We won the game.

Played 1, Won 1, Drawn 0, Lost 0 - retired.

If you were still smoking, you could find a pipe to put that in.

I would indeed. An impressive record.

RazorsEdge 28-12-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16766414)
How does one qualify for such a duty? Is there are particular technique that takes years of practice? Or possibly, does lunchbox size bear any relation to imparting a glossy sheen? If so, is Root a nickname?

Root was our captain, and a very fine batsman. Shining duties, you get to eat extra jelly beans so you get more saliva. Nowadays post covid this is not happening.

I am not sure how one gets picked, maybe the gobbiest one gets picked

RazorsEdge 28-12-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16766418)
I would indeed. An impressive record.

Very impressive and Pete hung his boots when he was on a high so to speak :)

PeterH 28-12-2022 05:54 PM

I still play...more so now than in the last few years. Sometimes I just umpire.

The recent South American Champs in Río was a disaster. A mix of young Chileans and Indians living in Chile. Let's just say that several of the Indians were absolute c units and will never be part of the official set up here again.

RazorsEdge 28-12-2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16766454)
I still play...more so now than in the last few years. Sometimes I just umpire.

The recent South American Champs in Río was a disaster. A mix of young Chileans and Indians living in Chile. Let's just say that several of the Indians were absolute c units and will never be part of the official set up here again.

I have met some them here too whilst umpiring. Crikey, I finally found something annoying.

Hedgehog 29-12-2022 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 16766023)

How do you equate me having a problem with disabled people and seeing an abundance of dogs in a hotel?

I believe I said in a previous post that I love dogs, and I do.

As an aside suspect people are pinning the tag of a Service Dog to the detriment of those that are genuine dogs trained and certified to perform functions in support their masters disabilities. I personally had never heard of a dog to assist deaf people, and I'm glad to read that there is such a thing and they can help your wife. I did see a very small dog there that was wearing a vest with "Service Dog" written on it. It seemed to be owned by two very healthy and butch looking gay guys (not that there's anything wrong with that). The mind boggles at what "service" the poor dog performed!

I suspect very few of the people I saw this weekend had any disability or the need for a service dog. In fact the way people carried the dogs around under their arms or in little baskets, it would seem it was the dogs that needed a "service master"!

You say in your post, Alex Polizzi ((Hotel Inspector) did a programme a couple of years back. In the programme she claimed that dog friendly hotels can earn up to 30% more from people staying with dogs because owners tend to spend more in the hotel ie bar and restaurant . Are you saying (or Alex Polizzi inferred) the people spent more money in the bars and restaurants while being accompanied by their dog... that's the bit I'm struggling with. And I'm not pointing the finger at genuine service dogs at the side of a person with a disability.

Hedgehog 29-12-2022 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16766033)

I missed this post ME... probably says what I was trying to say far better than I could.

Hedgehog 29-12-2022 05:59 AM

My last comment on the subject (not mine)... From Trip Advisor:

It’s Xmas time, thinking short of help, but the last straw was doggy doo-doo in our closet. The manager came up, apologized, said he was going to talk to his staff, and took a picture of the dog feces. They offered free parking. Which they ended up charging. I’m never staying here again.

Joe85 29-12-2022 11:54 AM

Anyone whoever thought Crazy Frog was funny is a ****.

bubbs11 31-12-2022 11:19 PM

The New Years honours list. Already privileged folk being further rewarded.

Joe85 31-12-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16769992)

Beckham’s ongoing omission is great, though.

Stellavista 01-01-2023 01:09 AM

The shite talkover during the London fireworks.
And utterly crap music.
Outstanding

Prince Phillip 01-01-2023 01:14 AM

Ditto.
When did fireworks get so preachy?

Joe85 01-01-2023 01:16 AM

Do we have to dig up the old hag everytime there’s a major event in this country?

Let her decompose already.

PeterH 01-01-2023 01:23 AM

The last few posts have been in the right spirit.

Lords Eagle 01-01-2023 01:40 AM

Dithering shoppers in shopping centres and supermarkets

bubbs11 01-01-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lords Eagle (Post 16770054)

It might only be me, in which case I probably need to see someone; but in those situations when you’re in a rush in a supermarket and someone is loitering where you want to get something, or just standing in your way and you can’t get past…do you momentarily visualise smashing them over the head?

Happy new year everybody :)

Wayne Andrews is God 01-01-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16770037)
Do we have to dig up the old hag everytime there’s a major event in this country?

Let her decompose already.

You are probably just being antagonistic but this is the year she died and whether you like it or not she was important to the country. Look out for a mentioned on the anniversary of her death and also King Charles coronation. Only after that do I think you begin to have any sort of point, but even then she was a symbolic figure for the country who promoted unity for the inhabitants. Who does anything near that now, no one.

Sharkba1t 01-01-2023 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16770001)
Beckham’s ongoing omission is great, though.

Agreed:lux:. It must be driving him and his equally thick missus mad.

Ian J 01-01-2023 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 16770199)
Agreed:lux:. It must be driving him and his equally thick missus mad.

I wish that I was thick enough to be worth £400m

Maidstoned Eagle 01-01-2023 11:58 AM

Yes, she's a financial genius.

Bipe 01-01-2023 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16769992)

Andy Robertson has picked up an MBE for his charity work. Out of interest I had a quick look at the most recent published accounts for his 'AR26' charity, total expenditure in the year of £70k which would have included admin expenses, insurances etc.

Reminds me a bit of the Juan Mata 1% thing which received a blaze of publicity and then broadly flopped.

It does seem that players for the high profile clubs get to the front of the queue for this sort of stuff.

Joe85 03-01-2023 05:06 AM

Going to bed, tired, at 9pm and laying here still awake at 4am.

Totally ****ed my week. C.U.N.T.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 03-01-2023 07:14 AM

Feel your pain mate feel your pain.

in-exile 03-01-2023 07:56 AM

Quote:

C¥nts!

in-exile 03-01-2023 08:01 AM

Anybody sitting in a coffee shop looking out the window at the world... you really have **** all to do?

in-exile 03-01-2023 08:03 AM

Getting touched up every time I go through the turnstiles at Palace..

in-exile 03-01-2023 08:04 AM

20 mph zones

in-exile 03-01-2023 08:07 AM

Cheese on my burger that I asked not to have .... why is the default option shit cheese on my burger ... listen you kebab shop **** .... I said burger NOT cheese burger!
Every ******* time!

in-exile 03-01-2023 08:10 AM

Police cars .... casually disobeying every law of the road .... I'm not talking about when on blue lights.

Prince Phillip 03-01-2023 09:37 AM

That little gulp of trepidation you get when you see someone's quoted you on here. "Oh no, some clever sod's going to pull me apart...."

Reps AJ 03-01-2023 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16771562)
That little gulp of trepidation you get when you see someone's quoted you on here. "Oh no, some clever sod's going to pull me apart...."

Not many people enjoy being pulled off by a stranger from the internet

Reps AJ 03-01-2023 10:39 AM

Knowing the alarm will be going off at stupid o'clock tomorrow

GorBlimey 04-01-2023 02:17 AM

Holiday ads that show fabulous hotels which appear to be deserted so the invariably young and good-looking couple appear to have the luxury resort to themselves.

Yeah, it's just like that!

PeterH 04-01-2023 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16771508)
Anybody sitting in a coffee shop looking out the window at the world... you really have **** all to do?

As opposed to sitting in a coffee shop texting on the BBS?

I suspect the world-watcher is being more productive. They are probably busy drinking coffee, just guessing like.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 04-01-2023 02:59 AM

Did'nt he say in another thread that he does'nt drink coffee ? Wonder where he does his staring ?

Maidstoned Eagle 04-01-2023 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16772312)
Did'nt he say in another thread that he does'nt drink coffee ? Wonder where he does his staring ?

Out the window of his Nissan Bluebird, wondering how his life led to him sleeping in his taxi.

stange555 04-01-2023 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16772306)
Holiday ads that show fabulous hotels which appear to be deserted so the invariably young and good-looking couple appear to have the luxury resort to themselves.

Saw a cruise ship ad yesterday that was just like that - just one family and the crew!

KYLIE MINEAGLE 04-01-2023 10:47 AM

Were the rest in their cabins with Covid ?

davech 04-01-2023 11:25 AM

Apparently it is 'Hee-Unn-Dee'

Available in most larger Ik-Ee-Aaah stores?

Herr Colonpharter 04-01-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16772306)

Just like 'A Place in the Sun' . . . . give them all a free day out. We'll call the driver once the TV crew are winding down.

Latvian 04-01-2023 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16772453)
Apparently it is 'Hee-Unn-Dee'

Didn't Jules and Fanny used to play for them?

stevek 04-01-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16771511)
20 mph zones

Drivers' inability to stick to the limit in 20mph zones.

Maz 04-01-2023 01:10 PM

And cyclists'....

stange555 04-01-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 16772539)
Drivers' inability to stick to the limit in 20mph zones.

I did my driving awareness course in December for being done doing 38 in a 30 - no complaints at all - totally my fault. Gave me a bit of advice that I hadn't heard before - 2nd gear in a 20mph, 3rd in a 30mph. I've been using that and it makes total sense and really easy to follow. I also pay far more attention to street lighting (30mph unless told otherwise) and ignore the speed limits that my sat nav dreams up.

adrenalin john 04-01-2023 01:30 PM

Quote:

The perennial surprise at checkout: after the goods have gone through, yes yes you do now have to find your wallet and pay...

adrenalin john 04-01-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16771508)

Yup, I literaly have nothing to do and enjoyable it is too. Thanks for the pleasure bonus

adrenalin john 04-01-2023 01:35 PM

Posters who set themselves up as thread policemen. Long live tangents, strange turns and inconsequential oddities

El Aguila 04-01-2023 02:11 PM

Any chance you could stick to the actual topic?

Reps AJ 04-01-2023 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 16772570)
The perennial surprise at checkout: after the goods have gone through, yes yes you do now have to find your wallet and pay...

Waiting and waiting for the bus. Big queue builds. Bus arrives and first person in the queue steps on.... and starts rummaging through their bags for a purse :wallbash:

PalaceOfVariety 04-01-2023 02:33 PM

This must have been mentioned before - wobbly tables, restaurants, cafes, pubs ….

Stockport_Eagle 04-01-2023 02:46 PM

People that can't get on a plane in time resulting in 40 minute depature delays.

People that put their seat back on a plane.

People that need 3+ trips to the toilet on a 5 hour flight.