CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Smoz 02-06-2023 03:49 PM

On the subject of Waitrose Beckenham, they changed their self service tills about a year ago.

The previous ones had integrated scales for weighing loose fruit and veg, the current ones don’t. This means that you now have to go to separate machine before you go to the self service till to weigh your F&V and attach a sticky label with a barcode to your produce. Now you potentially have to queue twice for self checkout, it uses up additional paper for the sticky labels and you end up with a gluey apple.

:veryangry:veryangry:veryangry

Stellavista 02-06-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz (Post 16945364)
On the subject of Waitrose Beckenham, they changed their self service tills about a year ago.

The previous ones had integrated scales for weighing loose fruit and veg, the current ones don’t. This means that you now have to go to separate machine before you go to the self service till to weigh your F&V and attach a sticky label with a barcode to your produce. Now you potentially have to queue twice for self checkout, it uses up additional paper for the sticky labels and you end up with a gluey apple.

Ah, the Soviet system

big bad John 02-06-2023 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 16945361)
Businesses that label themselves as 'Artisan' to lure in snobbish middle class shoppers

Even Coughlans bakery shops use this tag now!

Not sure if this was true for England, but about 15 years ago every bloody shop was calling themselves 'Urban' to in your words, "lure in snobbish middle class shoppers," who thought they were being edgy buying their avos and kale from Urban veg and fruiters.

Sharkba1t 02-06-2023 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 16945361)
Businesses that label themselves as 'Artisan' to lure in snobbish middle class shoppers

Even Coughlans bakery shops use this tag now!

Which reminds of the Mickey Flanagan story - he's moved to Dulwich and his wife went and bought a loaf for a fiver from an Artisan bakery. He said "a fiver ?!!!" she replied "you dont know whats in it", he said " i hope its a £2 coin". :D:D

old geezer 02-06-2023 07:07 PM

Coughlans used to have a mobile van under the railway bridge near Selhurst station and sold the best sausage rolls and pasties
A good baker though
We have a Hoxton bakery in Lymington next door to Greggs - only ever been into Greggs
Says it all

Paulinmorden 02-06-2023 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz (Post 16945364)

M & S in Sutton do this (yes I know it's an occasional treat). Absolutely no signs showing you needed to weigh the goods first. Complained to who ever was supervising. Their attitude was clearly that if I wanted to shop in their store I should know the rules!!

Prince Phillip 02-06-2023 08:14 PM

Broadening the supermarket gripes to home deliveries - why do they always have to thump about in the back of the van for 5 mins before your order is pulled out? It's bloomin' freezin' on the front doorstep waiting.
I reckon it's just for effect....just like
(ii) Chinese Takeaways - I reckon they employ someone just to stand in the kitchen and bang the back of a wok with a spoon - just to give the impression of how authentically your food is being cooked whilst they microwave the entire order from scratch.

Johnsonpen 02-06-2023 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16944949)

Surprised they are letting her stay, but suppose this is really a final warning to get JL back on the right path

Vendy 02-06-2023 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16945543)
Broadening the supermarket gripes to home deliveries - why do they always have to thump about in the back of the van for 5 mins before your order is pulled out? It's bloomin' freezin' on the front doorstep waiting.
(ii) Chinese Takeaways - I reckon they employ someone just to stand in the kitchen and bang the back of a wok with a spoon - just to give the impression of how authentically your food is being cooked whilst they microwave the entire order from scratch.

Worse ones are on box at a time stretching the hamstrings to reach

alf 02-06-2023 09:25 PM

People that just stand on a travelator and wait to be transported from A to B (blocking those that want to walk). I'm sure that one day some people will evolve and not be able to use their legs!

Santos-er 02-06-2023 09:27 PM

Really getting the arse that the products I tend to buy in Sainsbury's no longer have "offers" (typically half price). They have a Nectar price instead, so you have to give up your buying habits to them - as well as your personal details - to get a discount.

**** right off.

Santos-er 02-06-2023 09:31 PM

While I'm moaning... the sneaky reduction in weight of Graze Chilli and Lime protein nut crunch from 118g to 100g, dressed up in new fancy packaging.

"Shrinkflation", I believe it's called. Also, they're never on offer any more at £1.50, just stays at £2.50 all the time.

GorBlimey 02-06-2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alf (Post 16945582)
People that just stand on a travelator and wait to be transported from A to B (blocking those that want to walk). I'm sure that one day some people will evolve and not be able to use their legs!

Worse are the people who walk off it and then stop and chat without thinking that other people are on it and have to get off of it too.

I once had a blazing row with a couple of women who blamed me for crashing into them.

Le Trapper 02-06-2023 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alf (Post 16945582)

If you want to walk, don't use the travelator.
The whole purpose of a travelator is for those that cannot or do not want to walk

Le Trapper 02-06-2023 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16945586)
While I'm moaning... the sneaky reduction in weight of Graze Chilli and Lime protein nut crunch from 118g to 100g, dressed up in new fancy packaging.

"Shrinkflation", I believe it's called. Also, they're never on offer any more at £1.50, just stays at £2.50 all the time.

Unbelievable.....is this really important for a anyone in todays world !!

GorBlimey 02-06-2023 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Trapper (Post 16945593)
If you want to walk, don't use the travelator.
The whole purpose of a travelator is for those that cannot or do not want to walk

That's bollocks. The point of the travelator is to get you there more quickly.

If you are unable to walk then ask for one of the mobility assistance buggies.

PalaceForever 02-06-2023 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16945583)
Really getting the arse that the products I tend to buy in Sainsbury's no longer have "offers" (typically half price). They have a Nectar price instead, so you have to give up your buying habits to them - as well as your personal details - to get a discount.

**** right off.

Tesco and Morrisons do this too. Really annoying when I walk to Tesco to get some bits, then realise I’ve left my club card at home, it adds about 25% to the bill! I’ve added them all to my phone wallet now, but still annoying to have to do it.

BERT'S HEAD 02-06-2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16945543)

Known as Chicken Ding.

Twiggy 02-06-2023 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16945605)
That's bollocks. The point of the travelator is to get you there more quickly.

If you are unable to walk then ask for one of the mobility assistance buggies.

exactly..whilst on the topic can i moan about hose people using the travelator, stand still and refusing to stand aside to let the speed walkers like me pass ?:supergrin:

LN1 02-06-2023 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16945587)
Worse are the people who walk off it and then stop and chat without thinking that other people are on it and have to get off of it too.

I once had a blazing row with a couple of women who blamed me for crashing into them.

Yep it's been on here before, the people who stop once they reach the top/bottom of stairs, escalators , travelators. Also people who stand still on the platform as soon they get off a train and those who seem to choose the narrowest of passageways to stop and plan their next move.

This previous weekends grumble: Tourists who insist on getting on London Buses with all their luggage before anyone else and then want the driver to plan out their entire days itinery peeing off the large queue behind them (happens a lot at Heathrow).

Custard Pie 02-06-2023 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old geezer (Post 16945494)
Coughlans used to have a mobile van under the railway bridge near Selhurst station and sold the best sausage rolls and pasties
A good baker though
We have a Hoxton bakery in Lymington next door to Greggs - only ever been into Greggs
Says it all

But you have "brockenhurst/Dubai (note the small "b") as your location. How much more aspirational" do you want to appear? Course you've been into the poncey bakery.

Says it all.

(Sorry - a bit grumpy tonight)

Isle of Wight 03-06-2023 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16945630)
Yep it's been on here before, the people who stop once they reach the top/bottom of stairs, escalators , travelators. Also people who stand still on the platform as soon they get off a train and those who seem to choose the narrowest of passageways to stop and plan their next move.

This previous weekends grumble: Tourists who insist on getting on London Buses with all their luggage before anyone else and then want the driver to plan out their entire days itinery peeing off the large queue behind them (happens a lot at Heathrow).

Same with the lot that come through the last gates at the airport and are “met” blocking up the exit with lots of squeals ohhh ahhhs and hugs.

pallet 03-06-2023 07:12 AM

Alarms I set my it goes off I stop it and get up, simple. Everyone else in my house sets the alarm for half an hour before they want to get up it goes off they snooze it once twice three time.
Meanwhile it wakes me up if I have to get up or not.

Maidstoned Eagle 03-06-2023 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 16945618)
exactly..whilst on the topic can i moan about hose people using the travelator, stand still and refusing to stand aside to let the speed walkers like me pass ?:supergrin:

Hose people? Firemen?

Maz 03-06-2023 09:42 AM

Gardeners.

Trolley 03-06-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16945800)
Gardeners.

My good self once had a gardener called "Gary", and one used to refer to him as "Gary the grass".He didn't like this and would rather be referred to as "Lawno".
Regards
Trolley

davech 03-06-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolley (Post 16945828)
My good self once had a gardener called "Gary", and one used to refer to him as "Gary the grass".He didn't like this and would rather be referred to as "Lawno".
Regards
Trolley

Arthritis in remission, my good sir?

RazorsEdge 03-06-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16945834)

Don’t set him off for crying out loud :supergrin:

I will admit, Gary the grass and Lawno did make me chuckle

Maidstoned Eagle 03-06-2023 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolley (Post 16945828)
Regards
Trolley

Morning Charles!

Hope the arthritis is being kind today.

RazorsEdge 03-06-2023 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16945841)
Morning Charles!

If only big troll Charlie had done some gardening in his yoof, instead of Gary or Lawno, he may just about avoided some painful arthritis and maybe got some back problems

Trolley 03-06-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16945841)
Morning Charles!

Good morning "Maidstoned Eagle" - I don't know your real name.
Thanks for your concern. "Arthritis" persistent, tendency to be better when the weather is warmer.No cure but medication helps.My thanks to you.
Kindest regards
Charles

Trolley 03-06-2023 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16945834)

My dear Davech
Thanks for your concern.I am afraid, no cure for my "Arthritis" but medication helps.Have a lovely weekend in this fine weather.
Kind regards
Trolley

Mr Mojo Risin 03-06-2023 11:06 PM

Wireless headphones. They are rubbish. The sound quality is awful, they are more expensive, you need to charge them and you have to faff around connecting the bluetooth whereas with wired headphones you just stick the wire in. Biggest waste of money going.

nicky 03-06-2023 11:08 PM

Why is the garage air in psi not metric

Isle of Wight 03-06-2023 11:10 PM

The Twat who wore the shirt with the number 97 and the name Not Enough to the cup final. What a senseless scroat.

CT_Palace 04-06-2023 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicky (Post 16946613)
Why is the garage air in psi not metric

the UK's approach to weights and measures is such a confused mess.
It's a measure (;)) of how gammony the country actually is (errr yes you silly old sausage, 52% - Ed).

GorBlimey 04-06-2023 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16946669)
the UK's approach to weights and measures is such a confused mess.
It's a measure (;)) of how gammony the country actually is (errr yes you silly old sausage, 52% - Ed).

Twat!

https://www.tyresafe.org/tyre-advice...res-explained/

St.Francois 04-06-2023 06:05 AM

BBC pundits saying the Casemiro challenge should've been a yellow, when it was clearly a potential ankle breaker that should've been a red.

Wayne Andrews is God 04-06-2023 06:55 AM

Its seems we have reached critical mass. No one says ‘may / can I have’ when asking for something in a restaurant / pub / cafe / shop anymore, it’s all ‘can I get’

Always makes me cringe when I hear it. Been a 15 year process. Similar dickheads will say ‘I rocked up’ rather than ‘I arrived / turned up’ think they assume it all sounds cool rather than egotistical.

adrenalin john 04-06-2023 08:19 AM

People, and I have even heard it on the BBC, who say 'the proof is in the pudding'.

It makes zero sense, the proof of the pudding is in the eating

philsick 04-06-2023 09:10 AM

People who i admired turning into right wing dickheads, john cleese and morrissey spring to mind but there must be others.

How can you think so far outside the box as in monty python, to being trapped in such a small box way of thinking.

pallet 04-06-2023 09:31 AM

Stupid parents who think they are cool. Some bloke on an electric bike thing one of his kids on the front the other on the back hanging onto him. All without any safety gear in the middle lane of a busy road. But is ok as he thought he was being cool.

RazorsEdge 04-06-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16946615)
The Twat who wore the shirt with the number 97 and the name Not Enough to the cup final. What a senseless scroat.

Twat is a kind word to describe that wanker. Absolute scum bag

Maidstoned Eagle 04-06-2023 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16945843)
If only big troll Charlie had done some gardening in his yoof, instead of Gary or Lawno, he may just about avoided some painful arthritis and maybe got some back problems

How insensitive .

Trolley 04-06-2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16946817)
How insensitive .

My dear Maidstoned Eagle
Those who are suffering with "Arthritis" truly know how painful and restrictive this condition is, also infuriating.
I have never known "Gary the grass / Lawno" complain of back problems.
Regards
Trolley

CT_Palace 04-06-2023 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16946670)

right on cue

RazorsEdge 04-06-2023 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16946817)
How insensitive .

I got no shame :)

Isle of Wight 04-06-2023 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16946706)

If he turns out to be a United supporter your term would have been doubly apt .

Isle of Wight 04-06-2023 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16946706)

Looks like you are right

“During Saturday's match, a photo of the back of a man wearing the number 97 and the words "not enough" on a Manchester United top was widely shared on social media.”

Wanker

big bad John 04-06-2023 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 16946697)
People who i admired turning into right wing dickheads, john cleese and morrissey spring to mind but there must be others.

I hear you Phil. Paulo and that bloke Hong Kong hg something or other spring straight to mind.;)

Santos-er 04-06-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16946615)

Agreed - but arresting him for a "public order offence" is ridiculous.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 04-06-2023 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 16946697)

How can you think so far outside the box as in monty python, to being trapped in such a small box way of thinking.

Yes, that's it. It couldn't be that you've moved your own needle so far to the Left ( and done what most of the modern Left have done and basically made an moral assumption that only their POV represents sanity and morality ) that anyone who doesn't agree with you is 'Right-Wing.'

But don't worry about even considering what I wrote. You won't. (see above)

You'll just call me 'Right Wing.'

ddfunk 04-06-2023 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 16947039)
Yes, that's it. It couldn't be that you've moved your own needle so far to the Left ( and done what most of the modern Left have done and basically made an moral assumption that only their POV represents sanity and morality ) that anyone who doesn't agree with you is 'Right-Wing.'

But don't worry about even considering what I wrote. You won't. (see above)

You'll just call me 'Right Wing.'

It could be because they've worked so hard to get where they are they've got fed up of lazy people complaining about the wanting tax payers to fund their life style.

CT_Palace 04-06-2023 06:47 PM

When stuff that you can't fix yourself and needs a call out stops working on a Friday night or Saturday.
Effin hot water boiler's on the blink :grrr:

Santos-er 04-06-2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddfunk (Post 16947053)
It could be because they've worked so hard to get where they are they've got fed up of lazy people complaining about the wanting tax payers to fund their life style.

You could have a cleaner that works 8 hours, doesn't miss a beat, then goes home to their second job as a delivery driver. And it gets them nowhere. Meanwhile, some lazy posh **** that went to a private school and does nothing - but father illegitimate children and talk absolute shite - somehow becomes Prime Minister.

Don't talk about "working hard" like it's some kind of guarantee of being successful, or (equally) that doing the minimum possible - but having the right connections - isn't enough to be.

"Success" (as apparently measured by nothing other than material wealth by most humans) is almost exclusively about being born at the right time and into the right circumstances - nothing more, nothing less.

CK 04-06-2023 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddfunk (Post 16947053)

I get annoyed with daft/ugly changes in my language. You don't get fed up of something you get fed up with it

PALACEWU 04-06-2023 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 16946612)
Wireless headphones. They are rubbish. The sound quality is awful, they are more expensive, you need to charge them and you have to faff around connecting the bluetooth whereas with wired headphones you just stick the wire in. Biggest waste of money going.

This is on you, most phones nowadays don't have a mini jack port, get yourself some decent headphones, not ear buds, connect it once to set it up and it's connected in seconds, my bose sound fantastic.

GorBlimey 04-06-2023 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16947115)
You could have a cleaner that works 8 hours, doesn't miss a beat, then goes home to their second job as a delivery driver. And it gets them nowhere. Meanwhile, some lazy posh **** that went to a private school and does nothing - but father illegitimate children and talk absolute shite - somehow becomes Prime Minister.

Don't talk about "working hard" like it's some kind of guarantee of being successful, or (equally) that doing the minimum possible - but having the right connections - isn't enough to be.

"Success" (as apparently measured by nothing other than material wealth by most humans) is almost exclusively about being born at the right time and into the right circumstances - nothing more, nothing less.

Really, that's just bollocks:

https://youcanflymate.org/rags-to-riches-stories-uk/

ddfunk 04-06-2023 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16947115)

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. I guarentee that posh bloke you refer to worked far harder through both education and at work than you or I. Although, he would have been pushed very hard at that Eton, something state schools aren't able to do.

I did some cleaning work as a temp whilst holding down another job when I was at University. Then I did a second degree part time. Don't claim people can't find a way to be successful. If you keep working hard, you will get a break.

ddfunk 04-06-2023 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 16947131)
I get annoyed with daft/ugly changes in my language. You don't get fed up of something you get fed up with it

Fair point.

Trolley 05-06-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16947163)

My dear GorBlimey
Back in my "Pre-Arthritis" days I used this word when speaking to an old chap.
His response was words to the effect "You do realise I only have one and mentioning it in plural brings back awful memories". My response was on the lines of "I have never seen you in the showers" which I now believe was rather insensitive.
Regards
Trolley.

Stavros 69 05-06-2023 11:00 PM

People who don’t hold the door open when you’re following them.
Or open it a tiny bit to slide through totalling ******* you.

Arseholes.

wedgetail 05-06-2023 11:15 PM

People who, when you are standing aside to allow a woman pushing a pram to enter a shop, barge past both of you.

Hedgehog 05-06-2023 11:32 PM

Things that have rechargeable batteries in not holding a charge.

(And they are both new(ish))

the digger 06-06-2023 12:38 AM

People who don't realise how privileged they are.

Timbo 06-06-2023 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 16947993)
People who don't realise how privileged they are.

:p

Hedgehog 06-06-2023 01:51 AM

This new(ish) marketing tactic of sending you advertising in envelopes with what appears to be hand written addresses on, and contains paperwork again in what appears almost child like hand written notes.

Upon closer inspection it is apparently some kind of computer font made to look like real casual hand writing.

The final give away was when my wife and I both received the same "advert" in separate letters. You don't have to be a Forensic handwriting expert to see they are the same.

PeterH 06-06-2023 02:12 AM

I think that kind of marketing con is aimed at pensioners.

Hedgehog 06-06-2023 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16948025)
I think that kind of marketing con is aimed at pensioners.

Well it was an ad for hearing aids, so I guess that is a fair assumption in this case.

The other trick is to send ads in a brown official looking envelope with seals or eagles on them to look like they are from a government agency.

Pub Idol 06-06-2023 09:08 AM

Restaurants that empty the shelves of certain items in Aldi. Kills me that.

Trolley 06-06-2023 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16948030)
Well it was an ad for hearing aids, so I guess that is a fair assumption in this case.

The other trick is to send ads in a brown official looking envelope with seals or eagles on them to look like they are from a government agency.

My dearest Hedgehog
Pleased to report that my good self being a "Pensioner" (In 80s) has not been duped by any marketing strategy and whilst my mobility is far from good, up to now my "Hearing" is not a problem (Surprising given my age), so I am not in need of any "Hearing aids".This could of course change quite soon seeing as my good self is in my eighties.My friend has used an ITE for several years. "DONT GET OLD".
Regards
Trolley

Cannot type much more, "Arthritis" in hands.

RazorsEdge 06-06-2023 11:25 AM

We all know it is not the hearing but the “reading” which is the problem here old chap :)

Because had you read some of the replies to your good self and taken heed, you would have had more time to deal with them “Arthritis”

Having said that, you did make me laugh the other day

west country boy 06-06-2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddfunk (Post 16947172)
Fair point.

Yeah!
Quote:

Hwæt. We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas. Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan. þæt wæs god cyning.
ðæm eafera wæs æfter cenned,
geong in geardum, þone god sende
folce to frofre; fyrenðearfe ongeat
þe hie ær drugon aldorlease
lange hwile. Him þæs liffrea,
wuldres wealdend, woroldare forgeaf;
Beowulf wæs breme blæd wide sprang,
Scyldes eafera Scedelandum in.
Swa sceal geong guma gode gewyrcean,
fromum feohgiftum on fæder bearme,
þæt hine on ylde eft gewunigen
wilgesiþas, þonne wig cume,
leode gelæsten; lofdædum sceal
in mægþa gehwære man geþeon.

Isle of Wight 06-06-2023 11:33 AM

Yeah all that AND the changes to the name Snowdenia and the Brecon beacons.

Trolley 06-06-2023 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16948149)
We all know it is not the hearing but the “reading” which is the problem here old chap :)

Because had you read some of the replies to your good self and taken heed, you would have had more time to deal with them “Arthritis”

Having said that, you did make me laugh the other day

My dearest Razorsedge
My good self wears "Spectacles".I am pleased that my words caused you to titter. Frankie Howerd "Titter ye not".
Regards
Trolley

PeterH 07-06-2023 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolley (Post 16948115)
My dearest Hedgehog
Pleased to report that my good self being a "Pensioner" (In 80s) has not been duped by any marketing strategy and whilst my mobility is far from good, up to now my "Hearing" is not a problem (Surprising given my age), so I am not in need of any "Hearing aids".This could of course change quite soon seeing as my good self is in my eighties.My friend has used an ITE for several years. "DONT GET OLD".
Regards
Trolley

Cannot type much more, "Arthritis" in hands.

Your arthritis just means you can't open the envelopes.

But you still type. That's like someone with toothache continuing to dip into the toffee jar.

RazorsEdge 07-06-2023 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16948828)

But you still type. That's like someone with toothache continuing to dip into the toffee jar.

I wonder if he has ‘Dentures’ as most octogenarian’s do.

Reps AJ 07-06-2023 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16948828)

It's amazing what fictional characters can do

art malice 07-06-2023 09:55 AM

Even putting quote marks round the words must be “agony”.

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2023 10:17 AM

The pain he goes through is inspiring.

RazorsEdge 07-06-2023 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16948954)

I am welling up

Trolley 07-06-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16948954)

Dear Maidstoned Eagle
My good self would post more on the "Good Ship BBS" if it wasn't for this ruddy arthritis.:wallbash::wallbash::grrr: No dentures fitting snugly on gums to answer a question, no need for "Steradent".
Regards
Trolley

Purepalace 07-06-2023 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolley (Post 16948970)
Dear Maidstoned Eagle
My good self would post more on the "Good Ship BBS" if it wasn't for this ruddy arthritis.:wallbash::wallbash::grrr: No dentures to answer a question, no need for "Steradent".
Regards
Trolley

Dear Trolley

Have you thought of perhaps trying 'voice to text' as an answer to your typing problems?

HTH

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolley (Post 16948970)
Dear Maidstoned Eagle
My good self would post more on the "Good Ship BBS" if it wasn't for this ruddy arthritis.:wallbash::wallbash::grrr: No dentures to answer a question, no need for "Steradent".
Regards
Trolley

I am in awe of your staying power and devotion sir.

The fact you have dedicated so long to feasting with the panthers of the bbs is to be admired.

Trolley 07-06-2023 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16948976)
I am in awe of your staying power and devotion sir.

The fact you have dedicated so long to feasting with the panthers of the bbs is to be admired.

Dear Maidstoned Eagle
"Feasting with panthers" one of my phrases I have used on the "Good Ship BBS" to which one will add "Posterity weaves NO garlands for imitators".
Someone posted "Voice to text", I am a "Technical desert" so please HELP ME.
Can't type much more.:wallbash::wallbash:
Regards
TROLLEY

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2023 10:47 AM

Maybe your good lady wife could get someone round to assist you set this up?

Reps AJ 07-06-2023 10:50 AM

People who advise fuctional characters to ask their fictional wives to help set up their fictional computers to aid their fictional arthritis

KYLIE MINEAGLE 07-06-2023 10:52 AM

People who quote troll e . I have him on ignore.

Reps AJ 07-06-2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16948994)
People who quote troll e . I have him on ignore.

Me too, but his alleged current author wants to have conversations with himself

Trolley 07-06-2023 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16948992)
People who advise fuctional characters to ask their fictional wives to help set up their fictional computers to aid their fictional arthritis

Dear Reps AJ
Three words "Poppycock on stilts".
:wallbash::wallbash::grrr:

This was posted on the "Good Ship BBS" in my pre-arthritis days

"I would like to add, as I have stated here already a few years back, that I believe that I saw Trolley in the flesh. It was at the pre-season friendly match against Whyteleafe a few years ago.

I saw a chap at the conclusion of the match that I thought looked just like I imagined Trolley to look so I sent Trolley a PM asking if he was at the game etc, and he sent me a reply which stated where he was and what he looked like BEFORE I gave him any description and a placement, this is enough for me to believe he is a real, genuine person"

I REST MY CASE.

Ruddy annoying all these accusations.

Regards
Trolley

Purepalace 07-06-2023 11:22 AM

liberal clubber 07-06-2023 12:19 PM

I thought we got rid of this fictional BS

Sharkba1t 07-06-2023 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 16948064)

Yh, seen it happen a lot in Lidl's Beckenham.

Sharkba1t 07-06-2023 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolley (Post 16949011)
Dear Reps AJ

"I would like to add, as I have stated here already a few years back, that I believe that I saw Trolley in the flesh. It was at the pre-season friendly match against Whyteleafe a few years ago.

I saw a chap at the conclusion of the match that I thought looked just like I imagined Trolley to look so I sent Trolley a PM asking if he was at the game etc, and he sent me a reply which stated where he was and what he looked like BEFORE I gave him any description and a placement, this is enough for me to believe he is a real, genuine person"

I REST MY CASE.

Regards
Trolley

Who actually uses the word "ruddy" these days?

Prince Phillip 07-06-2023 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 16948064)

Always makes me laugh when you see a "chef" bulk buying the Cathedral City slices for that authentic pub grub £12 cheeseburger.

(Then they laugh at me I suppose when I buy one later on along with an £8 pint)

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolley (Post 16949011)
Dear Reps AJ

I REST MY CASE.

Regards
Trolley

It's baffling

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2023 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16948996)
Me too, but his alleged current author wants to have conversations with himself

WCB?

Hedgehog 07-06-2023 07:53 PM

I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible to contact a real person at Amazon, be it phone, live chat or email.

I ordered a quantity of 2 of an item and they sent them in 2 separate shipments. They did not do what I was hoping so arranged to send them back, and sent both items back in one box. Now they are saying I have only returned one of the items... I seem to be hitting a dead end every road I take to get this sorted.

Very frustrating... I might have to just eat it. (not literally)

pallet 07-06-2023 10:15 PM

People who claim. I don't really watch TV to.try and appear superior

cappuccinoeagle 08-06-2023 12:19 AM

Partick losing on Sunday
Fiorentina losing tonight
Robbie Savage
The incoming predictable media West Ham wank fest