CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

Webb 18-06-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15847624)
Indeed. It was good to sit in the Lake balcony for the 1st time (Lock balcony - the next level up - was not open yet), have a free Yardbird via my ‘Gould credit’ & watch Will Jacks take Tymal Mills apart, even if it was just for one over.

How does the credit work, I'm still not very clear and can't find any conclusive information anywhere really.

We got some beers at around 6pm on the Monday game this week from a stand near block 15 of the OCS, was asked unprompted for my member card and email address (without any reference to the credit), the beers came and wasn't asked to pay so presumed it was the credit paying (£5.20 x2)

Next round we got, this didn't happen so just paid normally (which dare I say they want you to do). Same last night at two locations.

Is it only at certain bars? Is there any way of telling how much is still on the card? And presumably you have to ask rather than the (agency/temp) staff knowing?

Rob Agates 18-06-2021 12:54 PM

I think it's fair to say that young Archie Lenham was pleased with his catch last night!

The third generation of Sussex Lenhams, playing county cricket at 16 while still at school, fair play to him.

ANDYEAGLE 18-06-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Agates (Post 15847766)
I think it's fair to say that young Archie Lenham was pleased with his catch last night!

The third generation of Sussex Lenhams, playing county cricket at 16 while still at school, fair play to him.

Amazing catch. Never thought he would get near it.

Olympian2 18-06-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webb (Post 15847731)
How does the credit work, I'm still not very clear and can't find any conclusive information anywhere really.

We got some beers at around 6pm on the Monday game this week from a stand near block 15 of the OCS, was asked unprompted for my member card and email address (without any reference to the credit), the beers came and wasn't asked to pay so presumed it was the credit paying (£5.20 x2)

Next round we got, this didn't happen so just paid normally (which dare I say they want you to do). Same last night at two locations.

Is it only at certain bars? Is there any way of telling how much is still on the card? And presumably you have to ask rather than the (agency/temp) staff knowing?

Yeah, I just asked the fella behind the bar & he swiped my Membership card & told me I had £17 left. I’d bought a couple of pints at a previous game. There was some talk of credit going UP after people had bought stuff so I’m not convinced it’s 100% correct! It is only at certain bars - essentially the bars & food outlets that the Oval run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15847639)
How much is the credit they gave us?. Not used mine yet. I will for sure though.

I think it depends on the type of Membership you have. Mine was £30 for County Membership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webb (Post 15847727)
Madness they stop serving and closed the bars once the abandonment announcement came last night, at least under block 6 of the OCS stand where I was. I went up to get a few more beers and to try stay in the ground to watch the football on the screens, beer was already poured and lined up behind the counter but they weren't selling. I don't understand the club logic sometimes.

Yeah, I think their policy is to get everyone out as soon as the game is over. I suspect they pay their agency staff by the hour & want to minimise those overheads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webb (Post 15847727)
On a more serious and sombre note, it's nine years to the day Tom Maynard died. :(

Absolutely. I was reminded of that this morning, too. What a player he was/would have been.

ANDYEAGLE 20-06-2021 12:00 PM

Well looks like another Oval washout tomorrow. And Friday looks in doubt as well. If we take any notice of the weather forecast only the Somerset game on Wednesday will be played out of the three this week. What a pain.

Mike Douglas 21-06-2021 04:09 PM

Agreed, I had organised tickets for today and Friday. :grrr:

NRM the 2nd 21-06-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Douglas (Post 15852440)
Agreed, I had organised tickets for today and Friday. :grrr:

Snap :wallbash:

Olympian2 21-06-2021 06:14 PM

I’ve just bailed (decided not to get the train from Cambridge) but I actually think it’ll go ahead now. The umpires haven’t called it off yet so it can’t be THAT bad & the forecast for the rest of the evening doesn’t actually look that bad…

ANDYEAGLE 21-06-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15852579)
I’ve just bailed (decided not to get the train from Cambridge) but I actually think it’ll go ahead now. The umpires haven’t called it off yet so it can’t be THAT bad & the forecast for the rest of the evening doesn’t actually look that bad…

Well with an hour to kick off it is still raining here. It is forecast to ease but I think it will be too late. I am bailing and I would have bailed Thursday night if I had to come from Cambridge.

Olympian2 21-06-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15852597)
Well with an hour to kick off it is still raining here. It is forecast to ease but I think it will be too late. I am bailing and I would have bailed Thursday night if I had to come from Cambridge.

Where’s ‘here’ Andy? Beckenham?

I probably would have chanced it tonight if I hadn’t seen just 5 overs last Thursday, after the same journey from Cambridge :p

ANDYEAGLE 21-06-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15852621)
Where’s ‘here’ Andy? Beckenham?

I probably would have chanced it tonight if I hadn’t seen just 5 overs last Thursday, after the same journey from Cambridge :p

Yes. Beckenham area. Still drizzling here. Maybe it is different at the Oval. They have just put the stream up and have not cancelled the game. So good luck to anyone who is going.

ps Stream says Game delayed by rain and they are showing a recording.

Olympian2 21-06-2021 09:10 PM

Glad I bailed….

dannyboy1807 22-06-2021 12:23 AM

Bad result from Surrey today.

Essentially a B team playing now because of the international players leaving.

cappuccinoeagle 23-06-2021 07:23 PM

Surrey V Somerset- both Overtons playing.
For Surrey Ben Geddes is a new name to me

Olympian2 23-06-2021 11:06 PM

Another really poor performance tonight. They genuinely batted poorly & fielded poorly. Bowling was patchy - decent from the spinners, woeful from the seamers especially Clark & Dernbach. Rudderless. Let’s hope Jamieson & Pope are back on Friday.

Olympian2 23-06-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 15842627)
I and a couple of others have got tickets for this. Have you got any idea, how we will be informed, if we can still go to this ?

I received an update from Surrey today on the ODI.

Thank you for your patience whilst we have worked with the government to confirm what capacity crowd, we can welcome to The Kia Oval for the England v Sri Lanka One-Day International on Thursday 1st July 2021.

We can now confirm that we can welcome a 50% capacity crowd for this fixture.

As has been our policy throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Surrey County Cricket Club Members will receive priority in attending this match.

This email is to confirm that your ticket, and any guest tickets that you have purchased for the 2021 Royal London One-Day International, are still valid and you are able to attend this fixture. We are looking forward to welcoming you at The Kia Oval next week.

There will be further requirements for those who are attending, such as completing a consent form and proving that you have either received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine (at least 14 days prior to attending the match) or that you have had a NHS negative lateral flow test for COVID-19 (to be taken within 48hrs of attending the match).’

Maiden Eagle 23-06-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15857301)
I received an update from Surrey today on the ODI.

Thank you for your patience whilst we have worked with the government to confirm what capacity crowd, we can welcome to The Kia Oval for the England v Sri Lanka One-Day International on Thursday 1st July 2021.

We can now confirm that we can welcome a 50% capacity crowd for this fixture.

As has been our policy throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Surrey County Cricket Club Members will receive priority in attending this match.

This email is to confirm that your ticket, and any guest tickets that you have purchased for the 2021 Royal London One-Day International, are still valid and you are able to attend this fixture. We are looking forward to welcoming you at The Kia Oval next week.

There will be further requirements for those who are attending, such as completing a consent form and proving that you have either received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine (at least 14 days prior to attending the match) or that you have had a NHS negative lateral flow test for COVID-19 (to be taken within 48hrs of attending the match).’

Thanks for the update, but one of our party can't go now and we are apparently getting a refund.

It a shame, because I think all 3 of us, have been double jabbed.

And although a week away, the weather forecast looks very good:(

ANDYEAGLE 23-06-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15857296)
Another really poor performance tonight. They genuinely batted poorly & fielded poorly. Bowling was patchy - decent from the spinners, woeful from the seamers especially Clark & Dernbach. Rudderless. Let’s hope Jamieson & Pope are back on Friday.

Well we won't qualify with the current crop. Only Jacks and Evans are 20/20 Batsman. They were way short of runs tonight. You surely don't think we will drop Jade for Jamieson. :supergrin: Our spinners are doing well.

Olympian2 24-06-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15857432)
Well we won't qualify with the current crop. Only Jacks and Evans are 20/20 Batsman. They were way short of runs tonight. You surely don't think we will drop Jade for Jamieson. :supergrin: Our spinners are doing well.

They could stick Jamieson in for Dernbach, Clark and Overton & we’d look stronger…:p

ANDYEAGLE 25-06-2021 04:50 PM

Not seen much rain today. I expect it will wait until I get to the Oval.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.