CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

Worksop Palace 15-01-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16213952)
As a Kent fan I have to disagree. He is not a test player.

If we had anything like a decent strength squad, I’d probably agree.

However….

Prince Phillip 15-01-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16213857)
I hope this isn't Kent's finest only Test, he's played well today despite being caught on the boundary. There was a good article in the Telegraph about him this week, even going as far as suggesting he could be a potential England captain. I know i'm slightly biased, but I think he has what it takes, and at 30 still has years ahead of him. We need new ideas as part of the huge reshuffle ahead

Have been thinking that being made captain of the Oval Invincibles is a pre-cursor to Surrey getting the chequebook out and asking him to captain the County in general.

davech 15-01-2022 12:10 PM

33-3!

Nightwatchman coming out. Aussies running scared :D

crystaljim 15-01-2022 12:45 PM

Lol, somewhere Steve Waugh is shaking his head.

davech 15-01-2022 12:53 PM

The time-wasting in the last over was a tad unbecoming. Not that we would have done any different, I hope.

art malice 15-01-2022 01:19 PM

Just occurred to me that we’ve not won a test in Australia for ten years.

RazorsEdge 15-01-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16213900)
:lux::lux::lux::lux:

Apparently the first opener to have two 'pairs' in the Ashes. (Thanks, TMS)

I just felt we won the Ashes, I am so happy lol

RazorsEdge 15-01-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16214015)
Lol, somewhere Steve Waugh is shaking his head.

^ Made me think the same when I saw the nightwatchman from OZ

RazorsEdge 15-01-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16214065)
Just occurred to me that we’ve not won a test in Australia for ten years.

A lead of 152 is still a lot to chase for us

davech 15-01-2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16214115)
A lead of 152 is still a lot too many to chase for us

EFA :D

LuieJack 15-01-2022 02:57 PM

I can see a total of around 250 being set, but the problem England then face is with our batting confidence so low that when a wicket falls it then starts off a landslide, sadly it looks like only one likely result which can only mean an Aussie win.

davech 15-01-2022 03:03 PM

IF (and it is a big IF) we were set 220/230, I can see us making a good fist of it. And no, I have not been drinking (I'm not allowed) and yes, I have taken all my medication :D

eaglesheart 15-01-2022 03:15 PM

I hope the fact that no touring England ashes side since 1958 have failed to muster 300 runs in any of their innings will embarrass this lot.

Latvian Eagle 15-01-2022 03:30 PM

I don't even get how as an opener you get run out in test cricket, absolutely idiotic, there wasn't even a run there to be had. :wallbash:

Stockport_Eagle 15-01-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 16214161)
I can see a total of around 250 being set, but the problem England then face is with our batting confidence so low that when a wicket falls it then starts off a landslide, sadly it looks like only one likely result which can only mean an Aussie win.

A 250 lead would mean bowling them out for 135. That's what's needed to have any chance, but I can't see it, even with 3 down. They might have them 135-9, but Aus would probably still stumble to 200.

The most likely bit of good news for England tomorrow is they can go straight to the Airport.

Worksop Palace 15-01-2022 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 16214210)
I don't even get how as an opener you get run out in test cricket, absolutely idiotic, there wasn't even a run there to be had. :wallbash:

I agree with the first bit but there was a run there, albeit a tight ish one. That’s what Warner and Oz do very well, rotate the strike regularly early and get the score ticking over. Makes it more difficult for the bowling team to build pressure

Wolfnipplechips 15-01-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16214466)
I agree with the first bit but there was a run there, albeit a tight ish one. That’s what Warner and Oz do very well, rotate the strike regularly early and get the score ticking over. Makes it more difficult for the bowling team to build pressure

Well there clearly wasn’t a run there was there?

Otherwise he wouldn’t have been run out. :clown:

Worksop Palace 15-01-2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16214618)
Well there clearly wasn’t a run there was there?

Otherwise he wouldn’t have been run out. :clown:

Nipple boy been on the hooch :D

You blind as well as completely and utterly bereft of sense ?

Because every run out means there was no run there doesn’t it?

Silly Billy

Wolfnipplechips 15-01-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16214631)
Nipple boy been on the hooch :D

You blind as well as completely and utterly bereft of sense ?

Because every run out means there was no run there doesn’t it?

Silly Billy

Talk to someone who thinks you’re a good bloke.

Good luck.

Worksop Palace 15-01-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16214637)
Talk to someone who thinks you’re a good bloke.

Good luck.

Hahahahahaha

Great response to a post about a run out.

Says far more about you than me does that

:D


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.